DUMB pop-ups!

Users who are viewing this thread

Njiekovic

Sergeant Knight
This flashed into my screen the other day.

idiots.jpg

I didn't know yet and to be honested I am absolutely flabbergasted that it hasn't reached the news. In fact, I haven't noticed even the slightest disruption and I live here! But I guess it's official then: the US has annexed the Dutch province of Zuid-Holland and has immediately renamed all high schools in the area. I wonder how long it will take before I am no longer in the "Delft University of Technology" but in the "Bill Clinton University of Technology" and our dean is replaced by a bloke wearing Khaki pants, an oversized polo shirt and a pair of goggles.

Annexed the province of Zuid-Holland? No, I'm pretty sure we annexed the whole country.

I don't think you get that kind of popup from naughty sites... finding old classmates isn't very naughty.

Mage246 said:
Annexed the province of Zuid-Holland? No, I'm pretty sure we annexed the whole country.

I doubt it really. Americans generally think Holland is the equivalent of the Netherlands. So you would probably have stopped with Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland  :wink:

I don't know any American professors personally, so I'd be a horrid judge. He looks like he's stuck in the 80's, though. And not in the fashion.  :neutral:

I didn't recognize it as such, and I've known many American professors. Seems like your characterization was a pretty poor one.

Hmm, kind of makes you wonder why the U.S. still has many of the top universities in the world.

Only in the maths and sciences, which reflects the fact that the U.S. isn't graduating enough people in those subjects anymore.

Mage246 said:
Only in the maths and sciences, which reflects the fact that the U.S. isn't graduating enough people in those subjects anymore.

No different here mate. I guess everyone wants to be a manager nowadays and make loads of cash.

Back
Top Bottom