Draft tables and village improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Plaidrab

Sergeant
How do you build in your village?  The village elder mentions using the draft tables which I found but how do you use them?  Any explanation of this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The only option I get is to increase building improvements by 1 unit for 10000 or something like that. Is that correct. When I speak with the village elder about building something I get no options.  Am I not waiting long enough for something to happen.

Thanks.

Plaidrab said:
The only option I get is to increase building improvements by 1 unit for 10000 or something like that. Is that correct. When I speak with the village elder about building something I get no options.  Am I not waiting long enough for something to happen.

Thanks.

It's the same for me... any solution?

When I a tried, they needed materials, so I assigned the villagers to jobs gathering stone and wood, plus smithies and farmers, assigned a building to be built, but since then, nothing  :???:  Perhaps It takes a very long time, but no progress is shown.
If it should work, I suspect if you go wrong somewhere in the process, it gets messed up. Probably still work in progress, should be good when it s finished though.  :grin:

@Yozzer: Did you wait for a week? Seems like, with the villages, that you need the population to be assigned to specific tasks. And then when a trigger fires, looks to me like it might be weekly, you'll get one of each building supply per villager you have assigned (i.e. 1 timber per woodcutter) and two food for each farmer. It also looks like each villager consumes one food each time the trigger is fired as well. Don't quote me on it, though.

How it has worked for me is that, after a while of my villagers being assigned to tasks, my town will have a supply of wood, stone, and tools. I can then, at the drafting table, then pick an option to have my villagers haul supplies to the construction site. When I've filled the requirements for the specific project, an option to complete construction shows up. After I hit that, it seems I have to back up out of the area, then it spawns the building. The only issue for me is that my game will crash when I attempt to complete construction on the towers.

@Plaidrab and @ArtistX: I don't get that dialogue at the drafting table for any improvement at the village. I do remember one drafting table that I could interact with at the village that said something along the lines of "You need 10,000 Florins to upgrade this production building. Each level makes it produce 1 unit extra." It was under some sort of overhang, but I could not figure out what the table improved.

Try this: If you've initiated construction with the Village Elder on some improvement, walk around the village and see if you can find a different crafting table. I spawned right next to the crafting table for the towers and for the walls. The others were hanging around the village in various locations, generally around something that looked like the frame of whatever was being constructed.

@f4cepalm, thanks for the input. I ordered a building via the dialogue with the village elder, and assigned tasks to the villagers. If I go to the village, I can see they have stockpiled wood stone in a building, lots of it, and I found 2 drafting tables in different parts of the village, I by a wood mill, the other just on the outskirts by what looks like a quarry entrance, but the only option I see by looking just above them is to update the output for 10,000. It has been about 6 game weeks, and I can no longer get the same dialogue back with the village elder. I have searched for another drafting table, including at the village entrance where the elder said it would be, but no sign off it.

Drafting Table doesn't seem to work for me either....started construction on a warehouse in a village that I was awarded...when I click on the drafting table, it says "Surrender or Die?" Huh?

@Yozzer: Sorry I didn't see your response any earlier. Are you running the latest steam version with a clean install of 1.3, then 1.4 pasted over it? It's been a while for me and I'm unsure if any subsequent updates have effected compatibility. This If you're still having issues and would like me to take a look at your save game, feel free to PM it for me. If you redownload/install and your old save is not no longer compatible, then that's indicative that something went wrong in the install. Try working with a village on a new save. You might need to cheatmenu boost yourself so you can acquire a village faster. I'm in the midst of finals, but I'll be around. This mod, as fantastic as it is already, seems to be very much still a WIP. You might be a bit a out of luck until some more bug fixes have been published.

Furthermore, if you're experiencing a bug, please post with as much detail as you can in the bug reporting thread. It sounds a lot like variable corruption. Do you remember if you game crashed while/right after a save at all?

I was having some problems with this myself.  However there should be a "construction site" for the building you've ordered them to build.  Go to the building that has wooden frameworks around it, and inside or nearby should be another drafting table. If you use it, you get the option to "order villagers to bring supplies to the construction site" which pulls the items from your towns resources (I had stone and timber on me thinking I could add to the towns resources or put directly into the drafting table, but it doesn't work that was as far as I can tell).  After I ordered my villagers to bring the necessary supplies (it happens in real time) then I was given the option to "Finish" the project.  It tells you to move a certain amount of meters away, then the building is completed and your prestige is earned.

Assign jobs to villiagers. The woodcutters/stoneguys and smiths add resources to your villiage. each worker provides 1 resource, farmers give 2 as per the instructions.

At end of week, go to village center, walk to drafting board. Follow prompts.

I've got villages with all the buildings I can build already built, it would be awesome if I could take out resources from the village to bring to another village.  It would also be awesome if you could add to a village's resources from your inventory

Back
Top Bottom