[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wondering, it's a small thing and not hugely important, but any chance we can get a few more banners added in? After seeing the styles of the 4.0 factions entering, I'd love to have the choice of a Barclay inspired banner for my squire or knight-in-flight, or the like.

There is a Barclay inspired banner.

On the last page there is a banner. Yellow background, red plus sign, then a cross. I considered that banner spanish, so it must be a Barclay banner.

Treebeard said:
Many of the new items are based on OSP and selected carefully where they fit in best. Every osp item is properly credited and has received permission from their authors.

All factions look new and many minor factions and troops have changed to much better quality as well. So the visual impression is excellent for PoP3.5 and fits in with the PoP feeling (and improves it).
Old poor quality stuff has been removed from the game as well to make resources more efficient on RAM usage.

And Four Leaf Clover has made a lot of extraordinary models and retextures and recolors to further improve the visual experience in PoP. Sairtar too.

I absolutely love it when great Warband developers collaborate. While giving proper credit, of course.

Shadow-Seeker said:
There is a Barclay inspired banner.

On the last page there is a banner. Yellow background, red plus sign, then a cross. I considered that banner spanish, so it must be a Barclay banner.

I was going to edit the post and elaborate, but you went and snuck a reply in! :wink:

I'd like to see a little foreshadowing and linking between PoP 3.5 and 4.0, and I think it would be really cool if (even if it's just 2-3) some banners in the same style - or even the same banners, or with color changes - were added, and a few background selections were re-worded.

You didn't squire for a minor Barclay noble, you squired for a minor noble in the Duchy of Santara. Instead of a steppe nomad, maybe you came from a Nohseru nomad clan. Don't get hung up on the examples though, just spit-balling.

I just think it would be neat to give a little tip of the hat to what's coming, while adding a little more content for the players.

But like I said, it's nothing huge, major, or deathly important.

When will 3.5 be coming out? Can someone tell me know to import a character from 3.42 into 3.5 for when its released?

DrSane said:
According to treebeard, in the next few weeks, maybe less. No it is not compatible

But i have heard there is a way to import your character to have the same stats regardless of mod or version.

Well, yes?
That features ever around since the first MnB?

You export your character from the statistics menue, restart a new game, name the character just the same as the old used to be called and import him and you got your stats, skills and cash.

The tricky thing is to realize that opposing party size depends on the player´s level. So if you start with a highlevelled character the inital bandit parties are far greater. The farmer parties, eg. aren´t. Means you´re disturbing game balance a bit.

But that´s your problem, not mine, as he, who meddles with the occult, shall be punished!

noosers said:
Well, yes?

You export your character from the statistics menue, restart a new game, name the character just the same as the old used to be called and import him and you got your stats, skills and cash.

The tricky thing is to realize that opposing party size depends on the player´s level. So if you start with a highlevelled character the inital bandit parties are far greater. The farmer parties, eg. aren´t. Means you´re disturbing game balance a bit.

But that´s your problem, not mine, as he, who meddles with the occult, shall be punished!

So the entire game world revolves around the player? Thats a little lame....

Let me just give you guys a huge thank you! I am having such a good time with this mod. The story is interesting, the world map is so nicely done, the unit level range and variation is downright amazing, you can immense yourself within this world. Hold on while i control my urge to vomit from kissing so much ass :razz:  Once again, congratulations for such a nice mod.

Borge_AU said:

Yes the bandit and lord parties do grow as the player level goes up, that was in native. That's Warband for ya. If those parties did not get higher caps as the player level goes up the game would be way too easy, really how tough is a 100 man lord army when you can easily get 250+ in your own?

Borge_AU said:
noosers said:
Well, yes?

Key on.. "That feature has been around since the first beta in M&B.  It is pretty much built in to the code and is not POP specific.

Regards,

Saxondragon

Dorrin said:
Borge_AU said:

Yes the bandit and lord parties do grow as the player level goes up, that was in native. That's Warband for ya. If those parties did not get higher caps as the player level goes up the game would be way too easy, really how tough is a 100 man lord army when you can easily get 250+ in your own?

I always thought they were getting larger parties because lords were gaining renoun and experience from battles to level up as time went by. Guess its not as deep as i thought.

No lords should be gaining renown like the players do, with a lot less when their huge band stomps the little gang of 5 bandits. Really not much challenge so no major gain in renown throughout the world. On the other hand if their small band stomps a large army they should be gaining a big chunk of renown and max party size from that.

All parties are scaling up a bit as the player gains levels and reknown. The other big influence on a lords relative strength is his actual wealth. He gets a small purse each week and the earnings of his holdings. Of that sum, a bit is deducted for reinforcements, the rest is kept around.

Now if a lord is defeated, and he´s a rich bugger, he´ll come back fast with a nice new shiny and usually larger army. It takes a couple of times of constant defeat till his money and thus, power, will wane.

And if you punish him long enough and take all his holdings, he´ll end up with a few dozen tier 1,2 and 3 troops running from anything but 5 bandits.

Lords aren´t getting reknown and I don´t think they get XP either from battles. What they get is a weekly XP bonus, which they use to randomly upgrade their troops. And if there´s a split in the upgrade path, the AI flips a coin to decide what to train.

Hai guyz

mb58-2.jpg

I think Mitch's screenshots post above got unexpectantly interrupted.

In the mean time you may have already guessed that the particular screen above is depicting
Barclay Conquistadors

Back
Top Bottom