Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

LordOfShadows said:
Hey, feature request, to be able to import a single, or multiple selected meshes from inside a brf.

Keep up the great work!!

Copy, shift/ctrl-select, paste.

Lumos said:
I have another request. Make deleting lots of stuff easier.
I second this one, by the way, the latest update takes this program to a new level, it looks awesome, and is mad fast, I can't believe it's so fast now, really, is just flash speed fast! kudos for that!!! Wow!

Than it would be handy to create hotkeys to every (or most) usually used functions. These are cosmetic changes, though.

It looks like a straight way to create fully working SDK for M&B (along with map editor, PyME, War Kit, Iron Launcher and installer script). And still - completely made by community (or rather highly talented individuals)... Even more amazing...

I could only wish to create of proper M&B Modding Wiki where we could all (even those without programming skills) contribute... I can imagine new flood of talented individuals after Warband release asking the same questions all over again... :wink:

Exporting rigged horse mesh is broken. Worked in earlier versions, and it doesn't now.

On attempting to export rigged Warband horses I am not asked whether to export it with a horse or human skelly like before, and it just exports it with a human skel.  So, yeah, you can see how that might not work so well...  :razz:

Also, this happens with the Warband horses ani.

horsefail.png

Has to do with one vert under the tail being a jerk. This is what happens when I use the Warband skel, ani and mesh together. It shouldn't be happening. It doesn't happen in game >_< And I can't use the native horses because their rigging is fail and makes an animation anomoly under their foreleg.

So, yeah, tell me what I'm doing wrong, or it's a bug that needs fixing so I can get cracking on my mod again :razz:

<3 Sarrie

EDIT: I was able to secure the naked horse skelly, and attempted to manually rig in max and export. When I imported into OpenBRF however, the horse does not animate properly. It behaves like it is rigid and does not deform like it needs to to follow the animation. Imagine a child waving a plastic toy horse around; that's what it looks like. Any idea how to fix this? I got so frustrated with it that I punched the concrete wall... my knuckles are sore :razz:

Lumos said:
I have another request. Make deleting lots of stuff easier.

Ok. Even if, cutting (ctrl-X), is already a viable shortcut to remove things.
I can make "delete" key shortcut (takes seconds); I was a little afraid of giving too harsh cosequences to too an easy slip, also considering lack of undo.
But you people are probably right.

LordOfShadows said:
Hey, feature request, to be able to import a single, or multiple selected meshes from inside a brf.

The way to do that is: copy the object/objects (select, ctrl+C), open the destination brf, paste (ctrl+V).
(you must to this from the same instance of OpenBRF, not from two different OpenBRF windows)

смертник said:
At me the problem from 0.30, does not wish to display animation
because of what it can be?

It seems that OpenBrf cannot find a skeleton needed to disaply that animation. Usually needed skeletons are inside a special "reference.brf" data sitting next to the exe. Did you delete/rename/move this file?

RATMdude92 said:

ok...

saregona: I'll try to see about that.

Thank you so much for trying to fix it :smile: I am so very close to having my models rigged that I'm going to freak out if I can't complete it soon.

All the textures are all done. The models are all there. All I wait for is the ability to rig the stupid things :razz: Can't wait to see if your next update is the key to me finishing my mod.

*excited anticipation*

Hi community, sorry if this is a little off topic, or if it seems irrelevant  :smile:. But I always loved a great software appearance, OpenBRF is quite useful and
almost perfect but looks so poor, so you can add an icon, 1 sec transparent splash image, this can be unnecessary (I know) but makes editing task more nice and soft.  (I ve make an icon some time ago)

Also, you can add .brf file binding option, and multi-tab, when working with diferent windows is a little messing...  :smile:

Greetings and thanks for this miracle named openBRF  :grin:

I agree with saregona, the interface looks fine. fancy graphics just make the program slower and heavier anyway :smile:

Icon Swyter: I know, you are right, an icon would look nice.

For those who don't know, Swyter has made a really nice icon already. Initially I was planning to use a different design (see below), but I never found the time to actually build it so I resorted to use his, which is really well done BTW. One of these versions I'll declare OpenBRF out of beta and that version will have the icon to celebrate.

Swyter also made the nice batter banner used in the first page (he is acknowledged at the end of it).

[[ The design I was imagining for the icon: a piece of stylized plate armour (chest? or chest shoulder plate and helm... as long as it is recognizable),  enriched with squared "cut and fold" tags around it, the ones typical of cheap "dress her up" paper games for children. If anyone wants to give it a try... (Swyter?). Maybe two or more such pieces (chest and helm, and shoulder plates), separated bur connected with small arrows (a-la "this goes here"). I imagined that "composing a paper armour" is a nice... parody of what you do with OpenBRF. But I can use current Swyter icon.]]

Splash screen: I'm kind of against those.

File binding: would be trivial if I made an installer, but I've a fascinations with program that don't require installers. It is possible also without installer, as an option. I plan to do that, but it will take me a little effort to find out how to do that so that it works both in vista and in xp etc. Meanwhile, you can do it manually: right click on a BRF file, select "open with...", find and chose OpenBRF.exe, check the checkbox "always use this application for this file extension".

In the last few versions, OpenBRF will work if set as the default application for BRF (didn't before, there was a bug).

mtarini
It seems that OpenBrf cannot find a skeleton needed to disaply that animation. Usually needed skeletons are inside a special "reference.brf" data sitting next to the exe. Did you delete/rename/move this file?
No.
I had versions from 0.19 till 0.28 and all perfectly worked,  0.30 does not want.

mtarini said:
Icon Swyter: I know, you are right, an icon would look nice.

For those who don't know, Swyter has made a really nice icon already. Initially I was planning to use a different design (see below), but I never found the time to actually build it so I resorted to use his, which is really well done BTW. One of these versions I'll declare OpenBRF out of beta and that version will have the icon to celebrate.

Swyter also made the nice batter used in the first page (he is acknowledged at the end of it).

Thanks, this has been very comforting  :grin:

mtarini said:
[[ The design I was imagining for the icon: a piece of stylized plate armour (chest? or chest shoulder plate and helm... as long as it is recognizable),  enriched with squared "cut and fold" tags around it, the ones typical of cheap "dress her up" paper games for children. If anyone wants to give it a try... (Swyter?). Maybe two or more such pieces (chest and helm, and shoulder plates), separated bur connected with small arrows (a-la "this goes here"). I imagined that "composing a paper armour" is a nice... parody of what you do with OpenBRF. But I can use current Swyter icon.]]

wow, indirectly, well, did'nt looks too dificult, good idea...  :mrgreen:

mtarini said:
Splash screen: I'm kind of against those.

Yeah, youre right, a bad idea, spent time, resources and disk space  :idea: of course...

mtarini said:
File binding: would be trivial if I made an installer, but I've a fascinations with program that don't require installers. It is possible also without installer, as an option. I plan to do that, but it will take me a little effort to find out how to do that so that it works both in vista and in xp etc. Meanwhile, you can do it manually: right click on a BRF file, select "open with...", find and chose OpenBRF.exe, check the checkbox "always use this application for this file extension".

In the last few versions, OpenBRF will work if set as the default application for BRF (didn't before, there was a bug).
he he... did you know about vector matrix, and do not have support for a simple file Command line args pass...

My programs are also portable, I didnt understand why spent time adding unusable reg keys, sys libraries,etc... that polutes the computer.
Its more easy to the developer and the user a zip, save the conf into an INI file, easilly configurable, easilly deletable  :grin:  (cheap and stupid non-english rhyme :roll:)

When the logo is finished I'll put them here!

mtarini said:

That reminded me of an old project I worked on (making online avatars), and one of the things I made was a suit of armor (also available in female version). The project tanked and it never got used. Never got paid for it either :\ fortunately I didn't send in any of the completed items to the client.

male_platearmor.png

All the pieces are in separate layers.

However, to make it into an icon I think only the breastplate would be suitable or else it'll be too small as an icon:

icon_sample.png

In fact, I think it's already too small. Usable? Or maybe a different idea is better?

Great pic for the icon amade! Would look very fancy on my desktop! :grin:

@mtarini Please avoid installer at all costs. It's not difficult at all to create file bindings on user's end and all those reg entries and installers for every tiny piece of software are just nightmare.

Keep up the good work man! You've created great piece of software and the community should be forever grateful!
(maybe start setting up a PayPal(tm) account so we  could express our gratitude?  :mrgreen: )

@Swyter maybe you could work with mtarini and Thorgrim (if you can still contact him) to "bundle" your programs into fully integrated SDK? (just an idea, though...)

Back
Top Bottom