Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Do you mind that the map doesn't seem to line up with the map from Warband?

• Why, yes I do!

• Nah, not really.

• I would like some fidelity, but ultimately I don't swing either way.

• I only want to kill those raiders and drink from their skull.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

In any case, I am talking about orography, not where the cities are located. Obviously I am in favour of the settlements being located in their rightful place, like Sargot in the north.
Having said that, the new map is nothing more than an evolution of the previous one opening up "waterways". Look at the Sturgia (terrain removed / water inserted) and Aserai (terrain rotated) territories...
QbIJ4.jpg

That map had to be modified yes or yes to introduce naval combat or so I understand the move. (Yellow zone = navigation area)

_1p1Y.jpg
While I agree, it seems to have been done to accomodate waterways and naval travel... two years in, I gotta ask... where is that naval travel? xD
It's not a matter of scale, it's a matter of being completely artificial and obviously tailored toward gamey purposes.

No, it doesn't make any shred of sense, and that's the first big problem, it's blatantly handmade, and doesn't feel at all natural. It's dungeon's corridors instead of open space FFS.

Absolutely not either, and that's the second problem. As it's been said several times, if everything is a chokepoints then chokepoints lose all meaning, purpose and worth. Being walled in constantly is boring, not interesting, and the entire world being a bunch of narrow paths makes it repetitive and annoying to travel, not fun nor immersive.
I agree, the map has too many chokepoint, at the end of the day you're all the time cruising through mountain passes or river fords; that'd be fine if it was the theme of one or two regions tops (maybe Battania and part of Vlandia) but it's the trend everywhere, even in the desert with its plateaus and the Khuzait steppe.

Back
Top Bottom