Does buying supplies from a town increase prosperity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pode said:
Trading a cow that converts grass into milk and additional cows for a one time lump sum that you can't invest (no banks invented yet) makes you poorer long term.  Planning on eating your silver denars?
They could use those silver dinars to purchase 2 calfs or so.
You're right that cows are in a way an investment that turns low value stuff into higher value stuff.
But still, at a certain price it would make sense to sell it.

But then again, these people are simple farmers, i doubt they have an accurate idea of what the total real value is of a cow to them. :p

DC0 said:
What about Tools? How many of them should I bring to village to see "Farm implements look rusty and broken" messages removed? Does this message actually mean something for lord who tryes to increase prosperity of a village?
I brought my village grain as part of the quest and the tools part of the prosperity message went away.  So I think it's just flavor text.

Pode said:
DC0 said:
What about Tools? How many of them should I bring to village to see "Farm implements look rusty and broken" messages removed? Does this message actually mean something for lord who tryes to increase prosperity of a village?
I brought my village grain as part of the quest and the tools part of the prosperity message went away.  So I think it's just flavor text.
Thanks. I've done some research and it turns out that:

•  
  • completing prosperity-increasing quests for village (grain, cattle) raises prosperity and "Farm implements look rusty and broken" text goes away.

• trading Tools for anything village has raises its prosperity. But it comes due to trading. One can with same result trade anything or just buy anything from village. I usually trade food for spoils of war.

Berserker Pride said:
3000 denars bought from the village would = 1 prosperity point increase.
Was not it obsolete? At least at the moment in WB villages don't spend extra money for prosperity, as it was in M&B.

DC0 said:
completing prosperity-increasing quests for village (grain, cattle) raises prosperity
Not quite. Delivery cattle quest kills all cattle in a target village, that deteriorates prosperity (again if it was not obsolete).

Archonsod said:
Looting resets prosperity to 0
not resets, only reduces by -30 or so.

Back
Top Bottom