Disorganized State?

Users who are viewing this thread

froggyluv

Grandmaster Knight
So im new to being back at this game -I see there is now a disorganized state after every battle but it seems like there is a fixed time 6hours applied to all. This doesnt seem right -we already have the problem of the campaign map speed being too samey especially when a party is chasing another party at the exact same speed just running to the corners of the Earth. Why would a highly organized army with a high level Commander be disorganized after an easy fight with some bandits? Hopefully Im wrong on this but it would feel far better if different armies experienced the Disorganized state at differing penalties depending on things like Tactics skill, matchup strength of numbers etc...

Strangely, disorganized state is, I believe, the only feature that has a perk for it that's assigned to "Party Members", meaning any companion can have the "Swift Regroup" perk and reduce disorganized time by 15%, though it doesn't stack like you would expect from a perk assigned to "Party Members".

But yes, the disorganized state should vary depending on the battle.

Seems like such a easy way to strategic maps and Battle Outcomes make more interesting and relevant. Like if when hovering over a Party you could see a very brief note on it situation -"Recovering due to Heavy Losses", "Leader Killed", "Exuberant Over Unlikely Win" etc kinda stuff all effecting the outcome of battles would now effect the world map with some variance -a much needed quality. I guess basic Morale does this to an extent already but its not that fun or interesting

I thought the disorganised state always existed. They're just showing you it with a pictogram now so you know to be upset about it.

They also increased how long it lasts. Iirc that change was in 1.8? Before then it didn't last as long.

Be that as it may -seems a standard 6 Hours upgrade for huge parties against small is silly. Thats like a days work for a programmer to throw in like 10-20 variables and some a small Status Text.

Be that as it may -seems a standard 6 Hours upgrade for huge parties against small is silly. Thats like a days work for a programmer to throw in like 10-20 variables and some a small Status Text.

You're a hard task master. Your poor Legionary had to skip lunch and lost 3 fingers on his right hand and you wont even let him take the afternoon off.

This problem is still there after all this time? I literally just saw a decent sized war party (130) that was trying to avoid a doomstack party of 700+ but decided to attack a Bandit party size of 1...yes 1! And the resulting penalty made it possible for the doomstack to catch it. this is utterly ridiculous -its not hard at all to add some qualifiers to length of penalty. In this case there should be literally ZERO penalty. I really have a hard time grasping why you guys like to use hard numbers all the time when just a few adjustments would balance the game

I understand why they did it. Battles pause the campaign map time, it's a way to "simulate" the time the battle took so you can't fight 50 parties in a cheesy one on one manner

I understand why they did it. Battles pause the campaign map time, it's a way to "simulate" the time the battle took so you can't fight 50 parties in a cheesy one on one manner

Im not against it -but it should come in more balanced manner. Meaning a party of 150+ troops quickly killing literally ONE guy should not keep them in the same state as fighting off a 200+ party -thats just ridiculous. i find map chasing one of the most tiresome aspects of this game as characters with matching speeds chase each other from coast to coast, speed it up and it looks just like pac-man. There are a multitude of factors that should come into play which would make the map chasing game much better. But they chose to implement something i would expect from an elementary grade coder. It was fine for M&B 1 as that was a revolutionary title for its time and you could excuse some aspects of the game being simplified. In todays day and age -its a glaring embarrassment as well as tedious to the player

i find map chasing one of the most tiresome aspects of this game as characters with matching speeds chase each other from coast to coast, speed it up and it looks just like pac-man.
I tried to make a mod which would give a random plus/minus to all parties, based on Tactics skill, every 6 hours but I gave up on it.

i find map chasing one of the most tiresome aspects of this game as characters with matching speeds chase each other from coast to coast,
When chasing a smaler party there should be the option to send forth the cavalry to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom