[DISCUSSION] Tales of Pendor (V3.7)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pride and flesh

Eighteen days later a bodyguard attend one very dirty and visibly starving Baatetsu female into Qaggoth-Jeag`s slave room in her quarters in the Royal Palace. Gaduilm nods to Rambulhwa and continue to feed slowly, looking at the newcomer. Her eyes had some difficulties to separate from the humble dinner of the two slaves, yet she manages it and spoke with hard voice.
“I demand to speak with Qaggoth-Jeag immediately, not with her lowliest slaves! Call her immediately!”
“You are not in position to make any demands.” Rambulhwa spoke evenly. “Tell us what you have to say and we will convey your humble plea to our mistress. She may or may not decide to grant you a personal meeting.”
“Lesser creature! Your agony will be immense! How you dare to stop me?”
Gaduilm gasped with his bit but manage to swallow it a whole and smiles.
“You still don`t understand, sunshine. I`ll spell it for you then. Say what you have to say or go away.”
The female Baatetsu tries to step forward. With a sudden movement Jeag`s bodyguards hit her stomach and she fell on her knee gasping for breath. Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle adds a few skillful strikes until the newcomer fell on the floor and curls into an embryonic posture for protection, embracing herself with her own wings. Still it wasn`t enough. The powerful bodyguards grabs the fallen female`s tail and with enormous strength hit her whole body into the wall.

Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha screams in pain and fell heavily on the floor again. Four more kicks followed before Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle to smash her jaws with one powerful fist.
“As a commoner you have no right to request a personal meeting with a Princess. These slaves must regard all such obsecrations and to decide which ones must be presented to our mistress. If you don`t have a plea, I`ll drag you to the palace gate for your tail with pleasure for losing my time. Well?”
“You will suffer for your …”
One strong hand with many fingers hold her jaws in painful grip.
“Who said that you outlive the next candle?”
That stuns the former mage enough and Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle releases her grip with laughter. Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha throws another peek at the dinner and then lowers her head.
“I … I would like to offer my service to the Princes.”
“See, sunshine?” Gaduilm took another morsel. “It was not so hard to be a little more polite. Tell us, what you can offer to our mistress?”

“You know darn well who I am, slave! I have …”
“No, you haven`t.”
“She brought me back despite the spell preventing the resurrection! She needs my magic!”
“But now you have no magic and you are just a commoner. You have nothing to offer.” Gaduilm smiles broadly with obvious satisfaction. “Why did you come back here, if you have nothing to offer?”
Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha looks at the three well fed faces against her. It was clear that no help could be expected just like that. Angry tears appear in her eyes and she lowers her head even more to cover it.
“Nobody accepted me even for a home servant.” Her rough, neglected nails draw small lines in the stone floor when she gave up. “All of my relatives closed their door in my face, calling me a traitor. All Benazi members treated me as a scum and kicked me out of their houses as if they no longer know me. As if my merits for Benazi Family no longer exist. I went even to some distant acquaintances of mine but all of them refused to listen to me. I have no one left to ask for help, nowhere to go and I haven`t eaten since the day you release me. I need to speak with the Princess. She resurrected me, she may return my magic to me and I will serve her! I don`t want to die hungry on the threshold!”

Rambulhwa stand and spoke with completely expressionless face.
“I will make you an offer: Please, serve me.”
“WHAT?!?”
“I haven`t finished. This will be a contract between you and me. Please, accept my humble proposal, I beg you.”
“YOU DARE? A SLAVE?”
Rambulhwa sigh and look at her with tired eyes.
“Have it your way then.”
He nods to Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle. With skillful strike she immobilizes Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha, tore her dirty clothes, grab her tail and drag her outside. Rambulhwa and Gaduilm walk behind talking quietly between themselves. Many Baatetsu and Tenari saw them in the corridors and even more while she was dragged all the way toward his humble yurt made from horse hides. Inside, Hazzlit-Ilaar welcome her with savage smile and Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle releases her from her grip.

Soon after that Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha began to feel her limbs again and she barely restrained herself not to throw over the arranged for dinner low table, but the sight of the armed bodyguards stop her. Despite her size she had no martial training and she knew that she was on their mercy. Rambulhwa sat and invited her to sit too, but he didn`t offer her food and she sat stiff and furious.
“Initially the Princess did not even know that you were brought back to life. Then she wanted public and very painful execution for what you`ve done. It was me the one who beg for your life in Erida`s feet. Not the Princess. It is me the one who can cadge Erida to give the magic back to you. I will not allow you to stand next to my Jeag if I`m not convinced of your loyalty. And I will not accept anything less than your full and voluntary dedication. Choose now.”
Stunned to her bones Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha barely manages to murmur.
“Is what you are saying the truth?”
He responds with calm confidence.

“I do not lie. Nor I need to. Ask anyone who knows my name. Now you are known for a betrayer to Qaggoth Family and nobody but me will be willing to accept you into his yurt. Even with the sign of the Princess that allow you to go free wherever you wish they will not took the risk to provoke her, taking you into service.”
She felt completely and utterly the weight of her defeat. From a powerful Baatetsu mage to a powerless plaything to a lesser creature the fell was great indeed.
“Why?” Tears from humiliation and shame streaks down her face while she ask with a cut voice. “Why are you doing this to me? Why don`t you just let me die?”
Hazzlit-Ilaar responds with cruel smile. It wasn`t an everyday event to see such a powerful enemy fallen into the dirt.
“Your gift is powerful and you are strong willed and disciplined mage. Our Mistress also possess the Gift but she doesn`t strife as hard as you to achieve true greatness. Making you her court Mage Advisor you will serve her as a constant reminder of her weakness. We hope that she will not endure your supremacy for long and she will put all her efforts into learning the arcane secrets. Your submission will bring her quite a lot of honor too, since you are considered a lot more powerful than her.”

She considers it for a short time. It was plausible but she felt with her horns that it wasn`t just that.
“And what else?”
Gaduilm invite her toward the dinner with a gesture. In the next moment her mouth was deep into her ears into a large piece of well roasted meat.
“We will arrange for you to become an apprentice to the same arch mage who trains our Mistress. Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad is one of the most talented Gifted alive, maybe even the most powerful one. After your apprenticeship with him is completed we will try to arrange for you another one from the thirteen Inner Sphere`s Masters. The long-term goal is to dissuade underhand the research of any global-impact spells with the argument that there is no point to research any mean that could bring our own downfall.”
Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha swallows another huge bite and gnarls.
“What else?”
Rambulhwa spoke again.

“In Pendor there is a race called “Noldor”. They were great magicians, or at least they say so. So great, that they made some great magic that sunk their homeland into the bottom of the large salted water. You may use it as your rally cry when the time comes. And use it well. One Seer saw a shadow of a future where a weapon could be crafted, a weapon with such power that could destroy a whole town in a heartbeat and to pollute the whole area is such a way that the land would not be suitable for living for thousands of years. I find and kill all the people involved into the research of new weapons. You will do that in the arcane area.”
She finishes with the crumbling of her rump and looks at them sharply.
“And why would I help you THAT MUCH?”
“Because if you try to act against us I will not kill you.” Rambulhwa`s lifeless face turn against her. “I will beg Erida to strip you out of your magic and then I will give you to the slaves to have their way with a powerful mage like you. They will enjoy your body quite a lot. If you kill yourself you will be brought back to life and then I will let my torturers to work over you. I was told that the demons can not go mad, so you will feel everything. And then again, and again, and again. Until you are broken into full submission, if need be.”

Sweat of pure terror mixed with tears of humiliation when she found enough strength to ask.
“What choice is that?”
“Nobody says that the choice must be pleasant to you.” Rambulhwa close his eyes from a pleasant memory. “My father liked to say: If they did not do it with good, use a wood.”
He saw her confusion and clarify for her.
“I asked you to help us. You refused. I begged you and you refused again. I prefer to persuade you to help us, but if you still insist to refuse I will use strength. The strength always works, but I still like to use persuasion whenever possible.”

When Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha signed the contract written from Gaduilm and the others left his yurt Rambulhwa carefully roll her copy and put it inside an engraved wooden tube.
“You will be provided with clothes and everything you may need until you swore your fealty to our mistress. When you have a place of your own you will keep this contract yourself. Now lay down, I will sleep with you tonight.”
“WHAT?” She roars in shock. “DO NOT DARE TO TOUCH ME, LESSER CREATURE! STAND BACK OR I`LL EAT YOU ALIVE!”
“Do you prefer to be dragged outside? You saw the crowd watching us while you were dragged here. But if you like to offer them another spectacle, I am not against it.”
“My humiliation will never end!” She thought desperately buy she lay on her back and watched with horror while the lesser creature undress itself and lay over her. It situated comfortably over her and uses her breast to support his head. Its bodyguards cover them with hides and sat near her head. Terrified, she waited the lesser creature to use her. The time went on and on, but it does nothing and she thought that when it happens, let it happen.
“What are you waiting for, slave?” She spills it with far more spite than she intended.

Rambulhwa woke up from his sleep and rises his head a bit to look at her face.
“Ugh? What is it?”
She gnarls out of herself from fury.
“Do you intend to torture me the whole night in anticipation? Begin already!”
He release his head back at her breasts and found a bit more comfortable position between her legs.
“I was just doing it. You may try it too.”
“What are you talking about, you monster?” She gnarls but when she tried to lift her hand a blade touches her throat. “When you will start to … to … to have your way with me?”
The little creature supports itself with its elbows and rise himself a bit to look right into her eyes and she froze. Never, ever had she seen an expression more terrifying than the one against her in this very moment. With face, twisted in such despise as if the slave was a Baatetsu and she was some slave girl from some lesser race, the slave spoke.

“Who do you think you are?!” Rambulhwa`s tone become a mock and he issue a short and rough laughter. “Jeag herself? In your dreams only. Let me sleep, you fool.”
She froze and soon she felt that it slept again. When she was sure of it, she tried to move. A blade touches her neck and spiteful females voice hiss in her ear.
“Don`t even think to take advantage of him while he is asleep, you *****! He says that he will sleep with you only! You are not worthy to receive anything more from him!”
At the dawn Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle knocked at one of the poles and enters. The first thing that she saw were Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha`s huge eyes.
“Wake up, lovers! A new day, a new training is waiting for you!”
When the lesser creatures went outside for their training she left the mage to clean herself and offer her the robe she brought for her.

“How was your night?”
“You can`t even imagine what horrors I suffered.” Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha spoke trough clenched teeth but her shameful tears betrayed her. “I wasn`t able to sleep even for a moment and …”
“Erida`s tits!” Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle exclaim loudly. “During the whole night? To fuc. it! For real? Don`t try to pull my leg!”
“I did nothing! We just slept toge…”
“Yeah, yeah do you think me for a fool? Oh, my! You and the slave! The others will die in shock when I tell them!”
“But we …”
Without paying her any more attention Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle ran out of the yurt. Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha dresses herself and went outside. The courtyard was full with demons pretending to watch the training but she notices their intense attention. All of them saw her exhaustion and the deep circles around her eyes from the sleepless night. Crushed in despair from the thought of their thoughts, she saw the smirk at Gaduilm`s face when he came closer with the breakfast and she went back into the yurt.

After the training Rambulhwa came closer to Gaduilm, who watched them with light smile over his black horned face.
“Are you sure it was the right way to deal with her?”
The Tenari slave laughs.
“Right now she would claim that she prefer torture instead another night with you. But she has never been tortured. Trust me …” His face tremble in painful memories. “The wounded pride is nothing compare to the flayed skin and shattered bones! We`ve done her a favor. Not that she will ever thank us for it.

Duty and courtesy

Benazi-Amaunnalior`s head fell from his shoulders. Looking at the members of her court, Qaggoth-Shaal took the head for its horns.
“The law and order prevailed once more. High or low, we all bow to Erida Occisor`s laws.”
All bowed to her. She put the blade in her scabbard and went to the exit with the still bleeding head in hand. Her Palace Guards and advisors follow her. When she reaches Jeag`s quarter two bodyguards steps to obstruct the gate from her. Ganyllkuhhtik-Sllambgtyrkt steps forward.
“Make way to Qaggoth-Shaal, Queen of Baatetsu!”
One guard opens the gate. When the gate opens a bit revealing a lesser creature with hand, stretched to open the same gate. In the moment it saw the incoming procession it grabs its weapon and slices to the guard opening the gate. She jumps back and draws her sabre. The creature exit the inner chamber, carefully closes the door behind it and spoke to Ganyllkuhhtik-Sllambgtyrkt.
“You shall not pass.”

She draws her blade.
“Insolent creature! Make way or die!”
For her endless surprise the lesser creature not only didn’t knelt but took battle position and shouts.
“INTRUDERS! TO ARM!”
Quick steps came from inside and four more armed Baatetsu came running. Seeing the procession they blocked the corridor with their heavy shields and raised their weapons in readiness. More Palace Guards came behind the Queen from the other end of the corridor at the sound of the call to arm. Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug pushes Ganyllkuhhtik-Sllambgtyrkt aside and glow with magical aura.
“OBEY OR DIE!”
Nobody lower any weapon but the lesser creature spoke with calm voice, rising its weapon in readiness.
“Ready for self-sacrifice! After me!”
The six bodyguards roars, ready for a suicidal last attack. The Palace Guards close ranks and in this very moment Qaggoth-Shaal hold Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug`s hand stopping her spell.

“HOLD!”
All stopped on their places and she continue.
“Inform my daughter that I want to see her.”
The slave made a low bow.
“At once, Your Majesty.”
He lowers his polearm and knocks on the door.
“Mistress, your …”
Angry roar came from inside.
“What is it this time, you idiot? Can’t I rest for a single candle time without scraping you away from my tail, you little maggot? Leave me alone!”
With the same calm voice the slave spoke again.
“Your mother is here and she wants to see you, mistress.”

“WHAT?!?”
Something heavy crashes inside and Qaggoth-Jeag`s voice came with a roar.
“Why you didn`t told me that at the moment, you bloody fool? Invite her immediately and run for refreshments! GO!”
“As you wish, mistress.”
The slave turn again and spoke with high voice.
“Qaggoth-Jeags invites her Mother in her personal chamber. Make way!”
The slave and the six bodyguards bowed and opened the gate for her. Qaggoth-Shaal kept her expression calm and walks inside. But when Baabakght-Yoktushergh tries to walk behind her, a rusty-red blade appears under his jaws and the others reached for their weapons. He looks down toward the lesser creature with raised eyebrow.
“Well?”
“The mistress invited her mother only, Elder One. Please wait here.”
Baabakght-Yoktushergh`s lips trembled in light smile and he support his back to the wall assuming a careless posture. The lesser creature lowers its weapon again and bows to him before to speak to the bodyguards.

“If anyone tries to enter uninvited – kill.”
It runs toward the kitchen and Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug came closer to the Elder One, trembling in fury.
“Why you did not killed these … these offenders? Will you let them to humiliate the Queen herself?!”
He spoke with light giggle.
“Will you allow anyone to enter the Queen`s chamber uninvited unless during a war?”
“Of course not!” She hisses out of herself. “But Jeag is not a Queen!”
“The Queen herself gave her daughter that quarter and it become her personal chamber and property for the time of her visit. Trying to barge inside without her permission is considered an assault which her minions are obliged to repel. It is their duty. As for stopping me ... well it is not a matter of disobedience, just a common courtesy really.”
“And they risked their lives because of a “courtesy”?”
The Elder One folds his wings in more comfortable position preparing himself for a long waiting.
“A way too often the common courtesy alone is the difference between us and any animal.”

Inside, the trembling Qaggoth-Jeag bow and offer her own pillow to her mother. Qaggoth-Shaal looks at her with question and she explain in haste.
“I took the habit to use pillows instead benches, Mother. It is quite comfortable actually. If you wish however, I`ll order the slaves to bring you a bench.”
“No, I`m fine with that.”
Qaggoth-Shaal sat and throws Benazi-Amaunnalior`s head into her daughter’s feet.
“Here it is. You`ve earned it. It will look well into your trophy collection.”
Her daughter took the severed head and put it aside.
“I will do that. It surprised me that he made such a rash action. I never expected from an Elder to act so … reckless.”
“The males can be overly affectionate toward their sons sometimes. That`s why usually females rule the Families. Of course, being taller, bigger and stronger than the males helps quite a lot. Nothing put your father on his place faster than a good beating.”

Qaggoth-Jeag does not hold particularly strong feelings toward his father, whom she considered for a weakling. But out of spite to her mother she defended him.
“He has always been caring and generous toward me. And to make you smile he is ready to offer you his own hearts. Does it mean nothing to you?”
“Nothing.” Qaggoth-Shaal looks at her daughter more carefully. It was not typical for her to care for anyone but herself. Why so sudden change?
The door opens and the lesser creature came in a hurry wearing a tray covered with delicacies that put over a low table in front of the Queen. It spoke.
“The others are waiting for your orders just outside, mistress.”
“Ah, yes. Tell them to come.”
Hazzlit-Ilaar and Gaduilm came dragging two Benazi minions with them. When they made their bows Qaggoth-Jeag spoke to Mighhyarha-Saarbuukht.
“Your Master is dead. Your time is come.”

He bows deeply.
“I have no regrets, Your Grace. I`m ready.”
She nods to the slave, who took its weapon and pushes the dull side of the blade over Mighhyarha-Saarbuukht`s throat.
“The Benazi minon is dead, Mistress.” Hazzlit-Ilaar pronounces evenly. “I`d like to use the opportunity to recommend Mighhyarha-Saarbuukht for the position of your secretary. He has proven his loyalty to you, he has experience organizing personnel and schedules and could be of help to you.”
“Ugh, yes. Yes, I will accept him.”
“Daughter, daughter, you really need to learn how to lie convincingly.” Qaggoth-Shaal thought entertained looking at the surprise of her daughter. She saw her expression when her slave used its weapon to “kill” the victim metaphorically. Still the secretary WAS a viable Baatetsu, no doubt familiar with plenty of his late master`s secrets and servants. His help would be a great advantage. She moves her attention toward the other Baatetsu. Dirty and starving, wearing a common robe she knelt with lowered head and didn’t met their eyes. Obviously her unobtrusive appearance worried her a lot. Maybe even to the point of shame.

“Who is the other one?” She asks carelessly pretending to point all her attention to the refreshments.
“You can`t recognize her, My Queen.” Hazzlit-Ilaar spoke with another bow. “This is the illegal mage who tried to assassinate my Mistress.”
She bows with respect.
“By the will of our Mistress I will present to you her petition to receive a Royal pardon for her previous crimes. My Mistress is ready to accept her as a Mage Advisor into her own court and she believes that an initial promotion into a minor member of Qaggoth Family and vassalage of her own Family will serve her well.”
Hazzlit-Ilaar fell on her knee and offer a long parchment to the Queen. She read it carefully, but found nothing out of the ordinary binding of a mage toward the Queen, with her permission to serve in Jeag`s court.
“Very thoughtful, daughter. Nice work.”

FALL OF A CIVILIZATION (PART 4: NIGHTFALL)

Next few days, Eyegrim’s scouts found Ufnetean’s supply route and their the pond they usually get water, they instantly terrorised supply transporters and threw four rotten death deer to the water source, Tafketg’s army immediately in danger. Along with the lack of food and water, the sickness came back to torture poor starving soldiers and seemed to be worse than before. Of course, the king can’t leave his soldiers to death, he ordered to hunt wild animals and gather raining water to drink, fortune was on their side on that worst time, the following week was a heavy rain week, but nothing is forever, rain stopped, and animals ran away. Depression spread among their camp, Tafketg decided to take 50 horsemen and take risk to reopen the routes, they have fought bravely but Heretics weren’t amateur, Tafketg’s horsemen were taken down one by one, till afternoon, there were only seven left, he seemed to be too confident to take only 50, but that were soldiers in best health condition. Their strength was drained, their muscles were too tired to swing, suddenly, a swift volley of arrows flew out of nowhere and plunged into a Magnus’s head, then the whole horde was shot down by those mysterious bowmen, then a group of men came up with torches because it was almost night time, Tafketg was thinking if they’re enemy, he will die for sure. Then the leader came up, that brown cloak made him can’t be anyone else except Lepiv, Tafketg breathed a sigh of relief:
“I didn’t think that was you”
Then he knelt down due to exhaustion, Lepiv help him up while saying:
“I came to secure you my brother”, and he showed him new caravan of supplies, he continued:
“Why didn’t you tell me about that disease, my men would find a way?!”
“But our cousin Jiqgit took the responsibility for making antidote, I don’t want to bother you because you were busy taking care of our people”
Lepiv’s raised his eyebrows, with an uncertain voice, he replied:
“Uh… just tell me if you need help, ok?”
Then he stood up and took the king to his camp. The next morning they give fresh supplies to their troops, then Lepiv said goodbye to his brother went back to Ufnetea. The king call Jiqgit to his tent and told him that he didn’t need to make antidote anymore, Jiqgit grumbled to his king:
“Oh……. Don’t you believe in me, your highness, you know that Lepiv is busy with his regency, you know that…..”
Tafketg interposed him:
“I know I know, and I never meant to underestimate you, but back at home, my brother’s men have better facilities and source of maretial, the delivery might take some time but that doesn’t matter”
Jiqgit was disappointed, said goobye to his king and left, Tafketg’s eyes follow Jiqgit suspiciously. As the routes are safe, fresh supplies and also more equipment were delivered to army camp.

The next day, a group of scouts, panic-stricken, rushed to their camp and reported a horrible thing, Eyegrim is leading his Heretic horde marching straight to them. Tafketg immediately order his men to take up arms then rallied to him. In front of his cause, he expressed:
“When my father, your father, stand against them, they had no such good standard as we do now. In fact, they had fought with daring rather than fortune or material power. They had rised and died, not for them, but for you, for me, for what we have today. Those you gave their lives for us demand ours in return, today so many of you will die, but your name will be remembered. In the field there is no mercy or tolerance, there are only kill or be killed. Before you is magnificent glory, behind you is your motherland which cuddles you to her arms when you fall for her. So, do not hesitate, go there and teach them a lesson!!!!!”
Then the king a go hug his men to encourage them, there was no barrier between a king and a soldier, only companion-in-arms. There was also a traditional ceremory to praise their Sun Godess before every battle.

They marched till they saw their enemies from afar, the king cried out loud:”To your position!!!”. The whole army started to form their formation. They devided their formation into different squares, each square contained 10,000 polearm wielders and sword-and-shield infantry, 100 men in width and 10,000 men in depth led by 3 to 4 commanders, at each corner of the main square, there were archer squares contained 500 bowmen each, 50 men in width and 10 men in depth, 5 big squares and 20 supporting squares were deployed, their wings were protected by two cavalry squadrons, 10,000 each, led by Jiqgit and king Tafketg himself. After the deployment, they confidently wait for their foes to come, some grind their teeth, their sparkling eyes were full of vengeance, some seek vengeance for their kins whom were killed in the battlefield by the Heretics, others lust for vengeance for all of their suffering since the beginning of the campaign. When Heretic army marched to their desired place, Eyegrim asked for a meeting with king Tafketg, the king accepted that and the two princes followed him to meet Eyegrim, Eyegrim arrogantly opened the word:
“I only say this once, drop your arms and surrender, I swear not to kill a single one of you”
King Tafketg protested:
“Do you really think I will believe that?! No! Here I swear with my father and my god, I and my men will fight until our last breath fading”
“Stubborn bastard, you have no chance to regret, you would better be prepared because I will find you on the field”
“Bring it on! And I will show you no mercy!”
Eyegrim turned his steed and slowly rode back to his army with a big evil laugh. The king and the princes also rode back to their army.

And the battle began, Heretic cavalry charged straight forward. At the other side, Ufnetean archer rained down hail of arrows on their head to partly reduce their momentum, when the horsemen got closer to the archer, rearward archer blocks added up into one block while the frontward ones also stepped back through the gaps between main infantry blocks and joined other bowmen blocks on the rear. Then the infantry blocks stretched themselves to become rectangle formation with 200 men in width and 50 men in depth, polearm wielder stood in front line. The first charge came with full strength from Worshipers and Magni, upon clashing, Ufnetean soldiers unleashed a fearsome warcry and hold their feet hard, the thing after that was beyond even the greatest imagination, two armies hit each other like two moutains, perturbed a whole area. Eyegrim suffered heavy losses after the first cavalry charge, right after cavalry, their infantry charged not for Ufnetean a chance to chase their cavalry while they were reforming. Right after cavalry charge, Ufnetean army quickly form back the initial formation and poked enemy’s infantry before they engaged and quickly hide behind their infantry squares when the enemy is close. While the bowmen were poking the enemy, sword-and-shield men swaped their position with polearm users to the front and formed a shield wall, when the enemy infantry came, they repelled the attack easily. Their wings were protected well by cavalry.

After several charges, Eyegrim’s army began to faltered as their cavalry force was mortally exhausted, that was when Ufnetean forces began to march forward, they kept repeating their tactic, bowmen for poking, polearm users for dealing with cavalry and swordsmen for fighting foot soldiers. With high spirit, they marched with bloodlust and battlecries. But king Tafketg was a bit anxious when he saw Eyegrim still sitting calmly.

Then all of the sudden, a terrifying roar ripped off the sky, Eyegrim shrieked out loud:
“Behold, the might of Erida Occisor!”
A black creature with four wings on its back, it has eight eyes, as red as blood, its skin is black and so thick that even the sharpest spear in the world cannot penetrate, its claws are sharp that tear apart big old trees on its way as easy as cutting paper. That monster puffed a black gas into the sky and everything fell into endless night. The whole army was terrified by the monster, Tafketg asked one of his commanders:
“What is it? What is that demonic creature? Tell me now!”
The poor commander, after a short moment of shock, told the king with soulless eyes and trembling lips:
“It’s…it’s…it’s Dir’gas,the ancient demon”
Then the demon roar again, from its mouth, thousands of demonic creatures come out, riding on hellish steed, they are called Demonic Magnus, they are extrmely hard to kill, because of that, after their charge, Ufnetean’s ranks began to break. Dir’gas flew up into the sky and landed on a square, the square broke immediately. And a king knows what to do on that situation, on the risk of losing all of his men, he ordered to route to their camp. Cruelty, no one knows since what time, their camp is being devoured by a ferocious fire. In despair, Tafketg told his men to run for their life, they ran in every direction. But their enemy, obviously, didn’t let them go easily, the Heretics cavalries kept chasing them, many Ufneteans were killed mercilessly, especially when look at his men’s panic eyes before being slaughtered, he grinded his teeth hard, pointed his outrage eyes to his enemies, slowly turn his horse and shout:
“Cavalry, rally!”
“Father, father! What do you have in mind? No! You can’t do that!” Prince Eqgusviq yelled and held his father’s hand. Without any doubt he responded:
“As a king I order you to protect kingdom’s soldiers and lead them to safe zone” turned his back, he countinued “If I’m unable to come back, you must look after your mother and sisters, remember my words!”
Then he jerked his arm back and yelled:
“Cavalry! Charge!”
He lead his men straight forward to the frantic Heretics, he also commanded a small group to lure Dir’gas far away from his men. Recognised Eyegrim from afar advancing on his charger, Tafketg prepared for an engagement. Two challengers crushed into each other at full speed and wielded a dramatic chop at each other, they both dodged it but their horses didn’t. They fell from horse and began to fight on foot, none showed superiority, they had a long and intense fight. Then the turning point occurred, after dodging a swing from Tafketg, Eyegrim drew his dagger and stabbed Tafketg’s knee from behind, Tafketg exclaimed painfully and fell down, Eyegrim knocked him out on the ground and said:
“Who is begging for mercy now, hahaha!”
Tafketg has no strength to ressist, he just lied there and obeyed his fate. As Eyegrim slowly lift his axe for an execution, a group of four horsemen rushed in and knock him away and carry the king away to a safer zone, bandaged their king’s wound and begged:
“Your highness, we beg you to leave, Ufnetea needs you!”
“But I cannot leave you here, let me have an honourable showdown with that scoundrel!”
As he stood up and tended to go back to the battlefield, his men stopped him one more time, they begged:
“No, please run! my lord, it’s meaningless to die here, just go, reassemble our forces and save our cause, this life… we willingly sacrifice it, please do not make our sacifices become nothing!”
King Tafketg pursed his lips and got on a horse, then he paid one last respect to them and run away, he kept looking back at their loyal armsmen until their images faded from his sight
Soon after, he catched up with his inferiors and follow a small path in the middle of two hills. But, Eyegrim was much more cunning than they expected. Many Ufnetean groups were ambushed along their way, that when they realised why didn't crossbowmen join the battle, they were ambushing. Many were killed, others were captured. King Tafketg also got ambushed twice, more than a half of his group were killed, he also got shot in his shoulder. Finally, they set camp in a thick forest next to a moutain. Tafketg flopped in to a rock, his muscles were drained, his body was exhauted that he couldn’t lift a stone, he gave a sigh and whispered to himself:
“It all…over”

vorador1980 said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:
Glad you are still here :grin: vorador

I thank you for your kind words, dear Sir. The whole story is based entirely on your, and the other Developers work. My inspirations however suffered and I feel that I must end this story soon.

Just saw your reply  :oops: the whole story belongs to SD and senior designers, I just polished some balance issues with the permission of konrad, anyway, keep on your nice work :grin:
“You” will be even more helpful for players in the next release. :wink:

Deceit is the human nature

Qaggoth-Shaal looks at the broken mage at her legs and spoke to her.
“I was told that you`ve been killed during the assault?”
“I was, my Queen.”
“And you are still alive? What about the death magic that prevented your resurrection from my personal priestess?”
The newest Mage Advisor whisper barely.
“It was the will of the goddess.”
“I didn`t asked her for your life!”
“The slave here managed to beg my life from her.”
This time the Queen was unable not to look at the lesser creature, which stood impassively a bit aside from them.
“Why did you do that, slave?” She asks with surprise. “Why her from all other assassins?”
The slave responds with the same indifference, as if it was an insignificant detail from the daily routine instead of mercy, unheard before.

“She almost defeated two highly trained mages from Brotmhesh`s Family plus my own mistress. I decided that she may be of some help alive better than dead and I beg Erida for her life. She found my humble plea for … sufficient.”
“And how did you manage to do that?”
“It is between me and Erida.”
There was nothing to be told to such an answer and Qaggoth-Shaal presses her teeth together. Irritated or not however, even she was not allowed to ask for more about Erida`s will.
“Fine then.” Qaggoth-Shaal finally spoke again. “Kiss Jeag`s feet and assume your new position.”
Her jaws fell low in shock when Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha lower her head toward Jeag`s feet and the slave`s polearm hit the floor a hair away from her horns. For the first time the Queen saw the slave to show any sign of emotion. The small bronze face twists in rage, the usually lifeless voice creaked with wild hatred.
“From all minions of Qaggoth-Jeag only to me is permitted to kiss her legs! All others are restricted to the tip of her tail only!”
“Ah, yes. Yes indeed.” Qaggoth-Jeag`s tail move forward and Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha carefully touched the tip as if could burn her lips.

Gaduilm step forward and offered a sturdy but exquisitely made robe with wide golden sash engraved with unknown motives. He tore Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha`s dirty dress and helped her to dress up and lock the golden armbands and leg guards. When the new Mage Advisor took her position she looks impressive and Qaggoth-Jeag felt the sting of envy.
“Why I don`t have such an exquisitely made gear, slave?”
Assuming its casual lifeless behavior the slave responds with deaf voice.
“Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha fought well and almost won against supposedly impossible for her odds. Such merit deserves a proper recognition. I asked for this battle gear a mage amongst Noldor. She was equally impressed from her deed, even if mislead. Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha possesses great skills and unwavering loyalty and I do believe that she will serve you with the same determination as she demonstrated to her former master.”
“IS THAT SO?” Qaggoth-Jeag made efforts to speak calm. “And how did you know that?”
The slave look at her and her face burned in anger and shame when she heard his even voice, while it explained its reasons as if she was some kind of an idiot.
“No torture or promises for power and riches were able to convince her to serve you while her Master was still alive.”

Much later, when her new mistress releases her, Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha walk slowly toward the slave`s yurt. She still had no place of her own and literally had nowhere to sleep. But unlike the previous day when she was able to see the mock of every other Baatetsu`s face this time only carefully measured bows met her on her way. She heard loud laughter still far away from the leather yurt and her curiosity led her forward. The two guards just nod to her to enter.
Inside, she saw the slave over one female of its kind. When she enters, it put the blunt side of its rusty-red polearm at her neck and gnarls with furious grimace.
“From all minions of Qaggoth-Jeag only to me is permitted to kiss her legs!”
The other females around him busted in wild laughter, some fell over the hides holding their stomachs unable to stop giggling.
“And then I made even more furious grimace …” The slave laugh too and took another pose. “And I said: “All others are restricted to the tip of her tail only!”
The other lesser creatures already howled in laughter.
“And the new female mage made such stupid faces that I barely managed to kept straight face. I swear in Vata`s mane that she could have swallow her own tongue at any moment.”

“Indeed.”
Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha turns surprised at the sound behind her and saw the black Tenari slave next to her. She did not even notice his presence.
“It was just that. Fortunately the Mistress holds herself because of her mother.”
He pushes her slightly and Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha moved forward and sat when an armored female invited her with a gesture. The guards brought food and drinks and she senses that the air around become more … intimate. The slaves talked freely amongst themselves on their language and nobody paid any attention to her. After she satisfied her hunger she spoke to the nearest female.
“Do you know where I can spend the night? The Mistress said nothing to me and I thought …”
“There is a place for you here.” Sharab smiles at her. “If you did not came alone I`d came to look for you myself. We spent too much effort to let you wander around just like that.”

“You did?”
Sharas snorted disparagingly from her other side.
“Now the mistress will be envious of you. Because your skills, for she is lazy in her magical training and she is not as eager to participate in any battle unlike any of us. You only need to behave a little arrogant around her, to look at her from above speaking to her about your battles and proudly to number the ones who you killed. She needs some serious beating to start training in earnest but you horned fools had the same strange customs toward the “noble hairs” as if you are some Sarleon cretins from Pendor.”
Gaduilm nods and spoke with dark expression. She had not the slightest doubt that he is completely sincere with her.
“We barely convinced Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad to tutor her and instead to kiss his boots in gratitude she doesn`t pay much attention, she did not train regularly and she believes that the little she was still able to learn somehow will make archmage herself.” Gaduilm drank a full goblet with shookt at a single mouthful. “So we need you to went with her at her lessons and to shame her with your skills in front of all Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad`s students. She really hates any kind of humiliation so we hope that this will drive her mad enough to learn more properly. Unlike you we just can not beat her, you know.”

Enraged, Qaggoth-Jeag turns again in her bed. Half of the night she just rolls from side to side but no sleep touches her eyes. The slave did it on purpose, just to humiliate her in front of her mother, she was sure of it. But no matter, it will never be able to touch her again. She opens her eyes and saw the two bodyguards of her, standing still at the door. She calls for the male.
“Kahtuularkth-Vallibkkul, come in my bed. I require your services!”
Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle secretly touches him with her tail. When he turns to look at her she barely incline her head in negation. He tries to walk past her.
“Don`t!” She whisper barely when he moved next to her. The stupid male, blinded from his lust didn`t paid her any attention and began to remove his armor.
“Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle, you may stand guard outside.”
“Yes, Mistress.”
She went outside and supports her back on the wall. Unlike her the poor fool was unable to see the signs. During the seven short centuries since the new personal slave of Qaggoth-Jeag came into service dozens and dozens of Baatetsu nobles who went through her bed found their death. “Accidents, my tail!” She thought angry, but what could she possibly do? Loud moans came from the other side of the door. She sighed heavily and tried not to hear anything.

In the early morning, when the two Baatetsu fell asleep after their night activities, a slim figure crawls under the large bed. She looks at the couple with a bit of sorrow before to put a hand into a small pouches at her belt and took some powder that gently rub into the exposed skins of the two large demons. After she uses the necessary quantity she roughly hold the male`s nose. Kahtuularkth-Vallibkkul`s eyes opens immediately but he felt himself unable to move a finger. Slight noise makes him to look aside and he saw how one lesser creature pulls Qaggoth-Jeag`s head toward him with considerable efforts. He tried to scream, but cold produce only unintelligible sounds. In responds the female against him issues low throaty moans. She smiles and put Jeag`s mouth over his throat.
“You could have kept your things inside your pants. But no, you are the same cretin as all others before you. Rambulhwa is very disappointed from you.”
Kahtuularkth-Vallibkkul desperately tries to shout but alas, he was still unable to produce any word. The female opens Jeag`s mouth and places her dagger-sharp teeth at the proper places over his throat. She whispers again.
“You`ll die quickly. Be grateful for that. He is not as merciful as me.”
She presses Jeag`s teeth at the exposed throat. They pierced the thin skin with ease and blood soaked into the bed shifts in abundance. When his convulses stopped and she was not able to detect his pulse, the female carefully put the female demon a bit aside not to choke with the blood by accident and crawl under the bed again.

Qaggoth-Jeag woke up almost at lunch time. She felt herself weak and sleepy but the foul taste in her mouth made her to reaches for the pitcher with water over the little table next to the bed. Her hand touches nothing over the table and she was forced to turn herself toward the other one at the other side of the bed.
At her scream the new couple of bodyguards rush inside. Over the large soaked in blood bed they saw their mistress over the corpse of her last bed partner. His throat was marked from large gaps, unmistakably from Baatetsu origin. “Another victim of her unsatisfied lust. Such a fool to fell for her.” The guard thought dark but carefully kept his face expressionless. It was not his place to judge his mistress for her behavior toward her bed partners. It was all within her rights.
When she saw that the guards just look at the corpse, Qaggoth-Jeag roars furiously.
“Don`t just stay there you fools! Bring him to the priestess for healing!”
“As you command, mistress!”
As they dragged Kahtuularkth-Vallibkkul outside the female crawl again from under the bed and left Qaggoth-Jeag`s personal chamber slow and calm.

Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug uses her healing magic for the third time but the male remains just as dead as after the first time. Her wings lower down.
“I`m sorry, mistress. I did all that I could. After I healed the duelists last night I have not enough power for more resurrection. I need to rest and to meditate to prepare the necessary prayers.”
“He will not survive that long!” Qaggoth-Jeag screams furiously. “Do it now!”
“I can not, mistress. I don`t have that kind of power.”

Qaggoth-Jeag roars in fury but there was nothing that she could do. Frenzied, she went back into her chamber and began to tear the furniture apart in search of any clues that may lead to some other lead to her bed mate death. Apart of her own teeth.
When her expensive furniture turns to flinders she stop and tries to think more clearly. That priestess was not able to revive her bed partner. And the one before him. And the other before the previous one, she recall suddenly. “There is definitely something here!” She thought and went back toward the altar chamber. When she approaches some loud noises attract her attention. Small crowd of Baatetsu and lesser creatures came into her view when she steps trough the shrine`s gate, howling wildly. Intrigued, and a bit irritated, for nobody even notices her appearance, she pushes forward until she was able to see well.
Right in front of her Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug stood still looking at some lesser creature into her legs. Her robe was tilted up and held into her sash, revealing her long muscled legs. The lesser creature was holding her left leg and made desperate attempts to raise it up from the floor. Its torso, naked from the waste up was covered in perspiration.

Each vein and every muscle over the small body were clearly visible from the wild efforts of the lesser creature to lift the huge and heavy priestess over the ground. Small rills of sweat streaks down at its back and imbibes at its wide leather belt when the creature re-double its wild spurts while Baatetsu and slaves shouted in encouragement of the two participants. Qaggoth-Jeag pushes the nearest Tenari.
“What is going on?”
“The slave challenged Yoormenshug over fifty slaves that it will be able to knock her down.”
In the next moment some movement attracts her attention and the black-skinned Tenari roars.
“COME ON! PUSH STRONGER! BRING HER DOWN, YOU LAZY SCUMBAG!”
With blood, boiling in anger, the Princess force her way toward the priestess. Due to all the shouting she did not notice her until she stops next to her and even then she barely nods to her.
“Princess? What can I do for you?”
“What are you doing here with my slave?”

Standing still as a stone statue the priestess put a hand into a small pouch on her sash and took small scalper from the engraved box with her pencilcase. Seemingly oblivious to the slave`s pushing she began to polish the long nail on her sixth finger.
“The little one learned some “inbeatable lock” from somebody and challenged me on unarmed struggle.” 
She taps the sweated back with her tail a few times.
“Only a tiny bit of the candle is left. Try to massage my other leg too!”
And she pointed her attention back toward the Princess.
“If it manages to knock me on the floor I promised it that I`ll lay with it once. If it fails it will give me seventy slaves.” She starts to polish another nail. “Sometimes some so-called “master” of the unarmed fight taught him some lock that it claims you can defeat anyone, no matter of the size, the strength or the weight of your opponent. And then …”
“Do not even try to convince me that even the biggest simpleton may fell for such fat lie!” Qaggoth-Jeag interrupts her, half-choked in anger. “You weight three times more than it!”

The priestess throws her an indifferent look.
“Who cares what the lesser ones believe in? It pays its debts and I have slaves for sacrifice. It is all that matters to me, as a priestess of Erida. But I do believe that you came for something else, Princess?”
“Yes, indeed.” Qaggoth-Jeag spills trough clenched teeth. “Now I see that you are so much more invigorated, so full with strength and power! And by some accident so soon after you failed to resurrect my lo … bodyguard! Explain yourself, I command you!”
Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug`s expression hardened more than the stones under her clawed feet. She put the tip of her tail under the throath of the sweated, hardly breathing slave and spoke.
“A few moments more and you lose!”
The slave left her leg and tries to grab her both feet. Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug closes her legs together allowing it, although it was barely able to hold her legs with both hands. Issuing a wild roar the slave presses itself to her until its face touch the front of her loinclocth and it tried to lift her in the air with frenzied spurts. The hall thundered in encouraging shouts again and Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug uses the moment when all the attention was concentrated over the pathetic slave.

Her right arm moves with amazing speed and hit the nerve center under Jeag`s left oxter. Ignoring for the moment the rubbing into her groins Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug turns her stone face toward the twisted in agony face of the princess and spoke with low voice.
“I kneel to Erida and I bow to the Queen, but YOU have no power over me, Princess. You can not command me and I am not obliged to explain anything to you. Trying to overstep the bounds is a serious matter even for someone with your rank. There will be … concequences. One of your sisters was demoted to a citizen status, if I may recall correctly.”
The crowd erupted in collective exclamation of disappointment when the slave fainted and fell as a wet rag into the priestess`s feet. Several other lesser creatures came forward and dragged it outside. The others exchanged their bails and left quickly.
Qaggoth-Jeag makes a step aside from the priestess and bow slightly when she was able to breathe properly.
“It isn`t a fool! How did you manage to lure it to wrestle you since it is quite obvious that you will win?”

“The lesser ones often think themselves for quite cunning. It fought two of my acolytes and won before to challenge me. I gave them order to fell when the stake was only animals or one-two slaves. Then it grew confidance and it came right to me. The fool!”
The princess thought over it. It does seem convincing. She spoke.
“I`m sorry for my previous words. I did not want to offend you, Priestess.”
“I do accept your apologize, Princess.” Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug smooths the folds of her robe. “And I really don`t care why you kill your bed toys.”
Qaggoth-Jeag stares at her in shock.
“I did not kill him!”
“Yes, yes. He bites his own throat and you came to me, still with blood in your mouth.” The priestess`s face remain hard as stone but her voice reveal all her amuzement. “This is not the first one, nor the second one. I see some things. Baatetsu speaks too and I hear other things too.”

The princess almost backed a step before to steel up.
“And what you could possibly hear? Dirty rumors?”
“Is it a rumor that none of your bed partners for the last sever hundreds of years is still around?” This time the mock was completely unrestrain. “Baatetsu and lesser creatures say that nobody can satisfy you and you are killing them when you grow bored of them. This happens quite soon. Two candles after they carried away the corpse and I already overheard that you picked up the last poor male just last night. By some strange accident he is dead by the morning. And, of course, you have nothing in common with his death, right?”
“I`m not …”
The priestess gave her a tired look.
“Lord after lord came into your bed and then what? Some lasted a few years or even several moons but in the end they all died. After eight years of waiting for another idiot you started to pick amongst some lesser nobles but they started to die even faster. Do pretend all you like, I`ll not bite it and trust me, nobody with a tea spoon amount of brain under his horns too.”
“But I REALLY DID NOT KILLED THEM!”

“You are such a pathetic liar!” The priestess turns back and walks toward the inner sanctum. “I have other things to attend to. It was a pleasure to see you, Your Highness.”
In the small mirror at the door she saw how the enraged princess frowned but walks toward the exit. She enters and immediately met an armored creature, wearing the strange black sabre permitted only to Baatetsu and their higher ranking slaves. The lesser creature bow slightly.
“Seventy slaves were given to your acolyte, Revered. Rambulhwa send his regards.”
“Very well. Is it well? It fainted at the end?”
“Sometimes he just went over enthusiastic. He will manage. Kind of you to ask.”
“It is rare trait to find such loyalty and dedication amongst the slaves.” Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug sighs and manages her sash more comfortable. “Even more so with a mistress as the princess.”
She looks at the messenger with unspoken question and the other female moves from leg to leg, suddenly uncomfortable. Even covered with armor the priestess notice the female`s sudden tension. After a short silence she said with deaf voice.

“I … I`ve heard that he has been … some servants saw him to … lay in the Princess`s bed. Some even dared to whisper with her!” She hardened herself and adds quickly. “But I haven`t seen him there with my own eyes! It must be a lie and misinformation!”
“Then why you are suddenly so nervious, my dear? Whom are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?” Heshtytchyryth-Yoormenshug thought entertained, watching the messenger pretending to poilish some part of the altar. “Your body language tells me everything! You`ve seen them in questionable positions, oh yes!”
But she allows only a hint of distrust and boredom into her voice when she spoke.
“No doubt her enemies will try to spread rumors in attempt to discredit her and the most loyal ones amongst her servants. I do not pay attention to rumors. Only to the naked facts.
She almost physically sense the messenger`s relief when she bow again at the exit.
“Thank you! I … I mean for your help! Until the next time.”
“Of course.”
The lesser ones were so transparent in so many ways!

Regret

Man tagan attardin carajin, carajin …
The blind Kazagum-Ai hit the strings of his morin-khuur and his rough voice echoed through the night. Watching the warlord staring just as blindly in the dancing flames of his small fire pit Sharaa saw him smile and shivers visibly. Sharak pushes her lightly to saw him better.
“I`m telling you, he is enraged! He is smiling that way only when he is imagining how he will kill someone by especially creative way!”
Sharad gnarls.
“I`ll find the cur who infuriated him so much and I`ll bury him alive!” She curses savagely. “Just look at him! He is completely gone mad!”
“It seems so.” Sharam tilted her head saddened. “He just chooses the wrong woman. As he usually does.” She issue a heavy sigh and inclines her head in sorrow.” The poor little brother, tzk, tzk, tzk... Always lusting after females so high above him.”
Sharas presses her lips together and rises. Walking past her sisters she moved past the blind singer. Somehow he felt her presence and moves his head toward her. She saw the ugly scars at the place of his eyes when he continue with the battle song of his tribe.

… Chuyulip baraatkan argimak attardin …
From so close she could have seen him starring at the fire with unblinking gaze. His pupils does not move or react on the flame`s movements and she understood that he was deep in his thoughts and he could have seen far different things than what was right in front of his eyes. His smile began to unnerve her and then she saw the blood colored the blade of his weapon that he holds in tight grip. She quickly holds his right shoulder.
The warlord turns his head toward her startled from her touch. When he saw her he drop the weapon and invite her to sit next to his little fire. She sat and notices his slight sadness when he looks back at the flames. When he turns his head toward her she could see the reflection of the fires in his pitch-black eyes. Accidental or not, for a brief moment he looked almost as demonic as the horned devil he served.
“Why are you so angry? We are worried for you.”
“I should have killed him sooner.” He smiles again and allows her to see the depths of his rage. “I truly hoped that I can talk him to wait a bit until she begins to accept me first. Nobody mated with her for eight years! I thought that I came so close this time … But no!” He gnarls with unrestrained fury. “He must have had his way before me! I asked him to wait a bit more, I even beg him …”

“He is dead. You can not kill him second time.”
“I know. I was thinking for the best way to kill the child before the birth. THAT at least must hurt her enough to understand what she is doing to me.”
Sharas thought for a time and she decide to be blunt with him. Kazagum-Ai continue.
… Sakigar, cakigar sakigar nukurler …
“Awaiting, waiting, awaiting to be friends …” Sharas repeated the line of the song by inertia. “I`ve got an idea!”
He look at her with hungry interest.
“What do you have in mind?”
“It will be too risky to kill the child right now. The first child is quite something for the arrogant horned bats. But … there is better way to remind her for your dedication. A way that will leave her with something to think about cheating you again.”
“Oh?” He looks at her with curiosity and came closer to her. “I`m all ears!”
“Do nothing for now. Let her to give birth to her first child, give her time to attach to the child, to see him or her grew a bit. To attach to it, if she is able to attach to anyone other than herself, I mean. And then … I know a sister of her who will be forever indebted to you if you allow her to catch the child into her claws.”

“YES!”
He suddenly closes to her and kisses her so passionately that she thought that she could melt into his arms.
“You are magnificent!”
His face brighten with such joy that she asks with disbelieve.
“For real?”
“Of course!”
Suddenly he turns pale and began to apologize.
“I … I did not want to offend you, truly.”
“To offend me?” She stares at him, unable to understand anything. “How?”
“I did not want you to make you feel uncomfortable with my little personal problems. I … I suppose that you came with some reason of yours, not just to watch my failure. What can I do for you?”
“You said that I am magnificent.” She blushes a bit. “Did you really mean it?”
“Of course. You and all of your other sisters too.”
“You just … never told me that before. It surprises me.”
“I`m sorry.” The warlord saw her reddened face and took it for anger. “I … well … I thought that you all knew it from the start!”
The warlord quickly tries to change the theme before to anger her even more.

“What would I do without your invaluable help?”
“Probably just the same, but with far less style.” She sat closer and supports herself on him. “The simple murder is not enough. We must show them that they are not untouchable.”
He hugs her in strong grip and she thought that she could stay in this moment for a whole eternity. Kazagum-Ai sang with exaltation.
… Sakibay meni man tada berdiler …
Encouraged from Sharas`s behavior her other sisters came too and sat around the fire. Sharam drank some kumis from her skin and sang with Kazagum-Ai.
… Kajaygan kaskaktan men dest u`tyskileyt …
All hands hold the hilts of their weapons and the savage murderers sang together overwhelmed from wild joy.
… Kaji la t`unde olor corikta …"
Their voices rise when their blood began to boil from expectations for glorious kills.
… Kirliktin suuzin mendestu kechkileyt.

Mount and Blade

The annual harvest goes on. All slave`s children reached the age of their adulthood were checked for physical deformity. Those, considered invalid were taken for sacrifice along with the ones declared from the Healers Guild for crazy. The families with more than two children were forced to choose which two they wanted to keep, the others were taken too. Screams and crying came from the families who would have lose daughters and sons but the guards, accustomed to their duty continue to gather the condemned humans without delay under the ever watchful eyes of their demons supervisors.
Qaggoth-Jeag inclines her head toward her first advisor and spoke with boredom.
“Remind me again why I need to suffer the stench of the lesser slaves when I could have passed this particular task over some minor clerk from the Guild?”
Hazzlit-Ilaar bows to her and respond with respect.
“The mortals have short life span and even shorter memory, my Mistress. Left without constant reminder they often mistakes the lesser supervisors for their Masters. In short, they need to see you with their own eyes in order to know that YOU are their true Mistress.”
“Yes, yes, yes, I`ve heard that hundreds of times. Can`t you just … write a note and put it at the grand plaza?”

“Most of them can not read even their local language what`s left for our own?”
“Erida`s horns!” Qaggoth-Jeag issues a curse and then moans in boredom. “How I wish to sacrifice all of them and be done with it.”
“Are you looking for the title of Mistress of Nothing? Or perhaps Ruler over Nobody, my mistress?”
She gnarls and throws a bloody sight toward her small personal slave.
“Did I asked you for your advice, slave?”
“It was a reminder, mistress, not an advice.” The slave spoke with the same lifeless voice as during the last thousands of years of his service. “You are too proud to seek my advice anyway. And besides, you know far too well that Erida still need a tremendous amount of life force that the entire population can not satisfy. There is a long, long time before we may reach her goal. Still I do believe that we will reach some progress in that important matter. It may not look much, but it is something.”
“I hate to say it, but the slave has a point, my Mistress.” Hazzlit-Ilaar bows again. “The things went on smoothly for decades and even the Queen-Mother noted that we have a slight progress.”

“I WANT MORE!” The Princess holds a grip over herself and continues with visible efforts keep herself restrain. “I want more that some meager “slight” progress!”
Her court bows to her far too cautious to invoke her ire. All but the slave at her left side who spoke with deadly calmness.
“Very well then. Tell us, mistress, how to achieve fast and considerable progress without to massacre all you subjects. But keep in mind that to remain a mistress you MUST have considerable number of LIVING subjects to rule over. Only sentient subjects counts, not flies or sheep.”
“I … I … Well … I am not obliged to explain myself to a mere slave! And besides …”
A rain of arrows and bolts interrupt her suddenly. Several of them hit her body and wings and she roars in pain and fury. Her bodyguards took most of the attack but cover her with their huge shields without concern for themselves. Most of her human servants were not that durable and the street covers with bodies. Second volley came without delay and then a third one. Battle cries erupted from all sides and large number of humans with armors and weapons wearing dark green scarfs came from all directions while the roofs suddenly infuse with archers.

“Rebels!? HERE!?” Qaggoth-Jeag roars in fury. “Kill them!”
Hazzlit-Ilaar grabs the nearest rebel and ignoring his sword swinging desperately toward her arm pierce his stomach with the talons of her both hands and tore him on two and throws the upper part over the next one, who made an involuntary step back in fear. She holds the two-handed axe of a large Fierdsvain Berserker when he swing at her and took it from his arms without efforts and then slice his throat with her talons. Blood spreads all over but then she saw the archers at the rooftops and shouts. Her next strike bend a Huscarl`s armor, crushing all his chest bones sending him flying back over his co-conspirators. Talon hand clawed a Berserker`s face on two, another Huscarl tries to shield him and got a furious strike that crush his shield, his left arm and bend his helm killing him instantly. Her tail hit the next Huscarl with such strength that bend his armor and send his dead body flying in the air for nine steps before to fell over another rebel. She shouts loudly.
“Stow the wings! Circle formation!”
All Baatetsu bodyduards fold their wings and encircled the Princess from all sides. Hundreds of arrows and bolts fell over them. They met the volley as best as they could while doing everything in their power to protect their mistress. The large shields and tough armors protected the huge Baatetsu well enough. The loyal members of the Town Watch however fell around them as leaves at autumn, fenestrated from all sides. Thick columns of dark smoke came from the Palace and Hazzlit-Ilaar close to her mistress.

“Princess, I strongly advise you to retreat to a safer place!”
“To run from lesser creatures? I will never …”
The ballistae arrow pierced Thakthytury-Ja’dkth`s shiled, his torso and when it exit from his back it hit Akdhhytua-Lheyafhty`s back. She spills blood all over her armor and fell on the ground, unable to move her legs any more. Her furious roar thunder to the skies but instead to frighten the attackers, they actually press even more zealous. The circle around the princess tightens even more. Qaggoth-Jeag issues a frenzied roar and burn with magical flame.
“Kneel!”
All bodyguards knelt, without stopping even for a moment to slash around them. All but her personal slave who rushes along with his four bodyguards toward the house where the ballistae were situated killing everyone on their path. Qaggoth-Jeag releases Fire Wall toward the end of the street where most of the attackers continue to flood the square. Over fifty warriors died in an instant, the ones toward the center of the spell were just incinerated to fine ashes leaving only small pieces of unrecognizable metal parts from their armors. The warriors at the further end of the spell busted in flames and barely had time to scream in agony before to fell dead over the blackened cobblestones.

But the breaking of the circle gave the perfect opportunity for the archers. Another volley fell right over the weakened circle. Dozens of arrows fenestrated each demon but with their inhuman strength and endurance they continue to kill everyone coming at a blade distance. Qaggoth-Jeag receive three arrows right in the face that pierced her cheeks, seventeen hit her wings, six bolts sank deep into her legs and two more almost nailed her tail over the stones. The ballistae shot again and the huge arrow nailed Baathyglw-Khathyagh on a wall trough her stomach. The last members of the Town Watch fell under the huge two-handed axes at the next violent assault of frenzied Berserkers.
Rambulhwa did not lose any time to try the door but throw his glaive and then himself trough the nearest window falling right over the screaming Lady Einherjar. The glaive`s blade was sunk deep trough her ring mail at her right arm and she bled amply over the lacquered wooden floor. A large Valkyrie swings at his head with Dragonspine Axe. Without making any attempt to reach his glaive Rambulhwa strike her wrist with his left arm and hit her eyes with two fingers of his armored gauntlet. The finger blade moved through her visard and her eyes and she died on an instant. He pushed the body toward the next Lady Einherjar. Sharal jumps after him and swing at the legs of the next Valkyrie. She was tough and strong woman and stagger for only a brief moment but it was enough for her to reach her throat and to cut off a large part of her larynx.

Sharab jumps after her and slashes at the Lady Einherjar at her right side. She parries with her round shield and counterattack swinging with her axe toward Sharab`s wrist. She strike toward her face with her Netherworld shield forcing the Lady Einherjar to raise her own in defense and then with swift movement she changes her grip over the hilt of her Strange Saber and pierce Lady Einherjar`s right thigh. Leaving the long sabre into the wound she draw a knife and pierce the woman`s neck.
Sharaa climbs over the broken window and immediately slashes at the head of the last Valkyrie in the room. She parries and returns with powerful swing of her Dragonspine Axe that makes her to stagger back. She tries to kick the larger woman`s knee but she endure and retaliate with powerful shield bash that almost throw her back to Sharad who climb the window after her. The Valkyrie uses the moment when Sharaa blocked the way of her sisters and swings at her head again. Sharaa suddenly steps forward so close to the Valkyrie that her axe-armed arm hit her left shoulder with the armored gauntlet instead with her weapon. Blocking her shield-arm at the same moment Sharaa hit the Valkyrie`s groins with the short blade over her metal kneecap. The bigger woman howl in agony when Sharaa hit her again and again and pushes her back until she clears enough place to finish her with her strange sabre.

“Sharaa, with me to the ballistae! The others will clear the other rooms!”
Rambulhwa moves next to the first Lady Einherjar and reach to take his weapon. At the same moment when he pull it Laethe Atlan draw a knife with her left arm and hit the warlord behind his right knee. He gnarls in pain and hit her face with the long blade. Her face shatters spreading him with blood and brain. He torn a piece from her clothes to quickly bind his wound and limp toward the inner door dragging his wounded leg.
Sharal, Sharab and Sharad stormed the next room while Rambulhwa limp toward. At the last door of the short corridor stood another large Valkyrie armed with axe and shield. She hesitates.
“I did not want to do this! They took my children and threatened me that they will kill them if I did not tell them …”
“And what about the children of all those who are dying outside right now?” Rambulhwa sighed still limping toward her. “Are their life worth less than the life of your own children?”
“OF COURSE THAT …”

At the same moment he throws himself on the floor and strikes right between her legs. The long blade slices through her groins and she scream in inhuman pain. When she fell on the floor the warlord hit her helmet with armored fist. The left cheek protector sunk into her face shattering her jaws and cheekbone. Then again and again. When he rises he looks at the unrecognizable remains of her face.
“No. The right answer is just “no”.”
The ballistae were operated from two Lady Eiherjar who died before to release another arrow toward the demon overlords. Meanwhile Hazzlit-Ilaar was hit from another volley of arrows and hit the nearest house wall with one huge hand. The wall shatters and she was able to look right into a family cowering in fear in their living room. Enraged she hit the wall again and again. The entire wall crumbles and she steps back quickly. Demons and humans alike froze for a time when the entire house leaned forward and fell down along with the screaming archers on its roof. She roars victoriously and strikes at another wall.
“Destroy the houses!”

Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle steps aside from the circle and hit the nearest wall with her tail. The wall shatters. A few strikes more and the entire house crumbles down along with all lesser creatures inside and over it. Soon all of the nearest building fell apart. It stops the shooting but also barricade the roads toward them. At least for some time. She saw the slave, limping toward them from the only remaining house.
“I suggest to retreat to the palace.”
Qaggoth-Jeag pushes her bodyguards and spoke with some difficulties, due to the three bolts pierced her face.
“Traitor! Look at me, just LOOK AT ME!”
The slave spare her a short glance.
“Minor wounds. Does not matter. Just break the bolts and take it away.”
He continue, looking right into Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle`s eyes.
“With 200 Palace Guards and 430 Noldor inside the palace will hold until they have arrows and resin. The other warriors will try to regroup there too and then we can retake the town. Let`s go!”

Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle bow to her Princess who just throw aside the last bolt.
“Please, allow us to escort you to your palace, Mistress.”
They climbed the nearest ruin in their direction and crushed the few survivors behind it before to walk toward the palace with fast step. Killing everyone on sight they reached the large open square in front of the palace.
The square was covered with corpses. Heavy stench of burned flesh hit their nostrils. Scorched bodies and stones revealed the abundant usage of magic and the fenestrated with Noldor arrows corpses around the walls around the unbroken gates were enough proof that their head quarter still hold.
Eleintariel from the House of Ithilrandir saw the small group coming at them from afar and signal to open the gate. The first thing which Qaggoth-Jeag saw when she steps inside the inner court was her own mother, watching her from the large balcony.

Qaggoth-Shall look down at her thirteenth daughter. It does not elude from her sight nor her pathetic condition due to her physical wounds, nor her miserable face bearing the mark of a defeat. Some of her bodyguards went missing too, and all of the remaining ones were wounded. She issues a heavy sigh and waives her to come to her. She bows to her and hurries to obey her. At the door however the slave stopped and pointed toward the two of Qaggoth-Jeag`s most noble bodyguards, standing at their posts.
“Arrest these two and drag them in the court for execution!” It spoke evenly and waves a hand to Ghuuthahhay-Imaahhuty. “You take care of it immediately!”
“Hold on!” Qaggoth-Jeag wrinkles and stopped her female bodyguard. “Why is that? What did they do to deserve such punishment?”
The lesser creature spoke with maddening calm voice.

“Their orders were NOT to allow anyone into your private chamber, mistress.” It continues with perfect politeness yet Qaggoth-Jeag was sure that it mocks her. “Unless I see some illusions I can see the Queen and six other Baatetsu INSIDE your private chamber. And since I was next to you the whole morning I`m quite sure that you gave nobody a permission to enter. Disobedience of a direct order is punishable with execution. Such is the military law.”
“We are not in war, you fool!” She was not entertained in the slightest. “Shut your trap and be quite!”
It inclines its head in negation.
“Since the moment the first rebel draw his weapon we are in a state of a war. Such is the Baatetsu law.”
“Correct me if I am mistaken something, but these two bodyguards of mine objected your omnipotence presence at my side. And now, by some “accident”, you want to execute them. How very convenient for you!”
“You are correct, mistress.” The slave responds with dead voice.
“So their MAIN guilt is to opposing you, but you are using the smallest opportunity to get rid of them by some lawful twist. Am I correct, slave?”

“You are correct, mistress.”
“So they did not, in fact, deserve death.”
“No, mistress. They deserve death twice.”
Qaggoth-Jeag wrinkles in confusion and lower her face to level the shorter slave.
“How so? Do try to clarify it to me.”
“As you wish, mistress.” The slave did not move at all. “First: I am bound to you with oath and blood. To say it with more simple words: If you live – I live and if you die – I`ll be killed too. So you have no one more loyal than me. Opposing this simple truth mean that somebody wants to dispose someone from your most trusted servant. So they deserve death. Second: In this domain the supreme ruler`s name is Qaggoth-Jeag, not Qaggoth-Shaal. There is nothing simpler than that. If these two obeys HER orders and not yours, it means that they are not YOUR servants. But by contract they are bound to you, so they disobeying your specific order advisedly. So they deserve death for second time.”

It waves to the other bodyguard and she disarmed the two noble ones and dragged them outside. Qaggoth-Jeag came inside to meet her mother.
Qaggoth-Shaal nods at the greetings of her daughter and wave at her to come closer. Her advisor and her priestess step aside to give them some space while the four Palace Guards separated them from Jeag`s other servants. Qaggoth-Shaal looks at the piles of corpses outside the palace walls and to the columns of dark smoke visible all over the town. Another crowd of lesser creatures appears between the buildings and rush at the palace with ladders. The defenders met their assault with rain of arrows and magical fire.
“Tell me, Jeag, why all of your sisters can rule their domains with strong hand and suffer no major rebellions while since you took the power over these lands a large rebellion erupts every century or so?”
She trembles nervously.
“The locals are ungrateful bunch, unable to see the many benefits of the stable government we provide for them. It just happens.”

The Queen looks at her daughter with mix of despise and sorrow.
“And you haven`t had any suspicion that the things may not be as it seems, eh?”
“Why should I?”
The slave bows deeply.
“My mistress and her other sisters honor their ancient agreement. They decided that they will not allow any rebels into their domains but they will allow them to flee into my mistress`s territory. And she decided to allow them to rebel from time to time.”
“Is that so?” Qaggoth-Shaal does not believe a single word. “And why would they “allow” any rebels to live?”
“The human breeds fast and left without control they will inhabit all the lands shoulder to shoulder sooner that you can foresee, Queen. So we allow them to breed for a hundred of years and then harvest most of them for the gods.”
This time the Queen remains silent for a while.
“I feel some magic around but nothing strong enough to kill large number of any kind.”
The slave responds.
“Long ago your priestess, Therbeddt-Centtbasia … “

The priestess trembles visibly and the Queen turn slightly toward her. The slave continues almost imperceptibly.
“ … made a spell around all of my mistress`s towns. She said to us that the life force of any mortal who dies within her towns will be used from the gods as if sacrificed on their altars. Perhaps she may explain better, for she is at your side.”
“Therbeddt-Centtbasia?” The Queen said her name with unspoken question.
“I … yes, my Queen, I … and a few from your priestess indeed made such a spell. The lesser creatures live within these walls as sheep in cot and most of them never leave it. So when they die their life force will be wasted. Why not use it then?”
Qaggoth-Shaal looks at the town square. Another assault was repelled and new thousands of corpses laid all over the previous ones. If they spoke the truth, then Erida would be pleased indeed and that was something she could check easy enough.
“So, in fact you allow them to rebel on purpose?”
The priestess bow and tries to ensure her that everything was under control.
“The lesser one have arranged such “rebellions” from time to time and then we kill them. This one is the biggest rebellion so far and …”

Wounded and bloodied tribesman ran inside and hit his armored chest with one fist.
“Noyon!”
They turn toward him and the slave spoke.
“Speak!”
“The south gate is fallen with treachery! Valonbray`s garrison is riding inside just now!”
“Unexpected.” The slave spoke with indifference. “Good work!”
The little slave took the pouch from its belt and throws it to the tribesman. He took it skillfully.
“Go to the healers now. Tonight we will leave the town. Tell the others to prepare the necessary only.”
The tribesman hit his chest again.
“Yes, Noyon!”
When he left Qaggoth-Jeag spoke with real fury.
“Do not even dare to suggest leaving the town! I will not run away from a few rebels!”

The slave spoke with its usual maddening calmness.
“The town garrison must have appear already but they aren`t here so we must assume that they turned the side. With Valonbray`s men they will have considerable advantage and if they are truly devoted to kill us they will sacrifice half of their force to overwhelm our defenses. More so, I have no reports from Senderfall for quite some time. It will be safer to assume that they will try to ambush us if we attempt to leave the town through the north gate.”
“So your little scheme fail! I will …”
“… congratulate me? Oh, I thank you, mistress!”
“But you said …”
“Unexpected, for I truly did not expected from them to show such stupidity.” The slave sighed. “So many of my kind believe that they are equal or even superior to your kind … Ignorance and foolish religious zeal is dangerous combination indeed.” Rambulhwa sighed again. “Some people never learn. Their chicken level minds can not comprehend that if my kind was stronger than yours you would have served me.”

Qaggoth-Jeag grins briefly before to ask far more calmly.
“So what now?”
“We must hold until the nightfall and then we will leave the town. When your sister arrives with reinforcements we will retake the town. Qaggoth-Igae will siege Senderfall, Qaggoth-Esal will take care for Windholm and Qaggoth-Semal will have her fun in Valonbray.”
The slave bows deeply.
“I would like to suggest, mistress, to send them reminders not to massacre the entire population. At least SOME of them must remain alive, after all. They could be … overly enthusiastic at times.” The slave looks at the fight from above before to add. “Meanwhile I will lead an attack toward the north gate. It will be good if they think that we intend to escape in that direction.”

Ser Caivar Huralder, Grand Master of the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet gave order for retreat. The broken remains of his knights and the few survivors from their local supporters gathered around him. He gnarls toward his companion.
“So many loses and for what? We weren`t able even to kill that Jeag whore! I lost thousands from my men!”
“It was their failure that they manage to kill only her lover and not herself, your Magnanimity!”
The man speaking with him wore an exquisite grey-gold armor with the insignia of the Order of the Dawn.
“By now they must have realized that nobody will come to help them. The Granary, the Armory and the Hospital are under siege and none will be able to leave alive to support them. And when the garrisons from the other towns arrive we will have enough men to take the palace no matter how strong is their magic. We will lose a lot of men, but when the people see with their own eyes the head of the demonic princess on a spear, they will flock under our banners in droves. And then we will chase the remaining demons back from they came.”
“I lost half of my entire force for half a day!” The Grand Master spoke with anger. “And the demons are here for hundreds of years!”

His companion spoke with zeal.
“The lack of fate in Astraea is the reason of all woes of the entire mankind! The doubts weaken your fate and your sword arm! And then you are doomed to lose your cause! I`ve seen such things before! Only strong fate in Astraea is the key to our salvation!”
The Grand Master looks again at the piles of corpses in front of him. The fate was capable to drive his men forward against everything but the image of his son caught in magical fire did not want to leave him so easily. His brother, charging the second attack was hit with some strange long arrow the moment he left his cover and none of his men was able to reach the palace walls alive too. Somehow the doubts appeared in his mind, unwanted but persistent. Perhaps they needed something more … substantial than prayers. His second son, brought to him after the ambush of the demon princess was recognizable only by his magnificent cloak – a gift from his lady mother. His entire head and half of his chest were smashed with strike with unimaginable strength. Another charge against such opponents started to look at him less and less good idea.
Horn sound loudly from the palace and his companion exclaim.
“This is a signal to open the gate! Ser Calivar! Tell your men to be ready for attack!”

“And what if they want to negotiate?”
His companion draw his exquisite sword.
“Then their heads will negotiate with us when we impale them over the town gates!”
Their men took position against the north palace gate leading right toward the north town gates. All of them ranked just outside the arrow range and ready to attack everything coming at them from the palace.”
“This time Astraea the Great Goddess of Justice is on our side!” Exclaimed the grey-gold armored knight. “Her Holy Power will smite the Heretics and she will restore us as the true rules of the world! A world dominated from the humans, as She intended, and we shall serve Her will! It is our Desti…”
The palace gate started to open when suddenly drum blows came after the horn and the grey-gold knight shout to the Grand Master.
“They are attacking us! Gave order for defensive formation!”
“What? Why?”

“The drums sounds for attack, you idiot!”
“How do you know that! And don`t call me that! I have triple more men than you yet!”
“It is the D`Shar signal for attack you …!”
The grey-gold knight shouts to his knights.
“Lower the lances! Ready for at…”
The palace gate was not entirely open when some monster came out with thunderous clatter and the first ranks waivers. Taller and wider than any horse the monster had pair of horns bigger than the biggest bull`s horns they`ve ever seen and its horrific appearance made even some of the knights to make a step back. From the gaps for the eyes in the large metal helmet red glowing light focused right over ser Caivar Huralder. Its heavy hooves crushes the road`s cobblestones when the monster came running at them with unimaginable for its size speed. He manages to shout with trembling voice.
“Crossbows at the ready! On my command! Aim!”
Cloud of arrows rises in the air from the palace wall. The distance was too large, yet it looks almost as if the arrows could have reached them. Another cloud rises after the first one and he hesitates. During the all four attacks at the palace walls no arrow was able to reach their current position and yet …

The arrows fell upon the ranks piercing metal, leather and flesh. Screams came from the tightly grouped knights who had no place to hide. They had shields and they desperately tried to cover themselves. But they hold their crossbows at the ready and exchanging the two-handed weapon for shield was not fast enough. More and more of them began to fell dead with long arrows in their armors and helmets. The third cloud of arrows fell upon tight pack of shield and only few men were wounded. And then the monster were over them and hit the first ranks with such tremendous power that the armored knights flew as ragdolls. From the last rank ser Caivar Huralder physically felt the collision when the monster began to trample over his knights, to kill others with hooves with the size of a helmet and to impale others with its horns. From its back rises some smaller demonic figure with long rusty-red glaive and began to slashes around itself with wide and accurate swings. He holds his Morningstar and rushes forward. With furious roar that remained unheard from the inhuman howl of the demon he strikes at the monster. The Morningstar bounced off the thick black armor and in the next moment the huge horns hit him in the chest. One horn pierce the upper part of his breastplate and Caivar Huralder spills blood all over the inside of his full helmet, unable even to scream from the unimaginable pain when the huge monster swing his body left and right along with its frenzied movements.

The grey-gold knight watched helplessly while the monster tramples over the Ebony Gauntlet knights. He shouts for Astraea help and kick his warhorse in attack. The animal however issue a high neigh and almost throw him out of the saddle. The warhorse began to step back waving his head left and right in horror when the monster began to come closer. It pushes the horse behind it and the terrified animal tries to step back in turn, deaf for the shouts of its rider.
Rambulhwa splits the next knight`s helmet, slices another arm leaving the screaming man bleeding all over his co-conspirators, with three fast strikes killed another one trying to reach him with a Morningstar and with a wide slash manage to would another two still trying to reload their heavy siege crossbows. Behind him Lesle, Riva, Alistair and Sara, all clad in Demonhide armors too but armed with Doom maces and black spiked shields and riding not Demonic but Netherworld Chargers crushing bones and shattering shield. Several bolt hit them from the nearest windows and Rambulhwa understood that it was the moment to retreat. He roars wildly and slashes another head in black helmet and then turns his Demonic Charger back to the palace. His comrades follow him covering themselves with their wide shields. Another cloud of arrows fell upon their enemies and dissuade them from pursuing, at least for a time, so they manage to reach the gate back with nothing more than light wounds despite the savage clashing.

“… when this palace turns to dust …”

Qaggoth-Shaal nods with sorrow and called. In a few moments one of her bodyguards dragged closer a tribesman, obviously tortured and blooded, and heavily bandaged.
“This creature confessed that the rebellion was arranged. And not only that, but it was prepared by no one else, but from your personal slave by the name of Rambulhwa.”
“Ugh?”
Qaggoth-Shaal spoke to the wounded tribesman.
“Speak, scum!”
“The orders were to concentrate our warriors at the Granary, the Armory and the Hospital. To defend these places to death.”
“WHY?”
“To lure the cowardly rebels to act. Otherwise we may need to wait another century or so. It is the annual of the Invasion. The Noyon spoke, and I obey!”
The mindless rage at Jeag`s face was so fast that Shaal was convinced that her daughter knew nothing about it. She let her to speak.

“I swear in Erida`s Holy Name that I`ll tear that treacherous vermin piece by piece!”
She summoned her slave and it bows to her, awaiting her orders.
“You wretched piece of dung!” Qaggoth-Jeag barely holds herself not to tear it apart on the very place. “This creature revealed your treachery to me at last! You rebelled against me! And you claimed that you are my most loyal subject just moments ago! Your death will be unheard with its agony!”
The doomed slave hold its death demeanor and spoke with the same lifeless voice.
“So much for the Baatetsu gratitude! How rude of you, mistress. And I thought that you will finally be happy.”
Qaggoth-Jeag gnarls and raises a hand to burn it on the very place. But Qaggoth-Shaal stopped her.
“You do not reject your participation in the rebellion outside, slave?”
“That I do reject completely.”
“DO NOT DARE TO …”
Baabakght-Yoktushergh suddenly sigh and Shaal look at him with surprise.

“What is it, Elder One?”
“This creature claimed that it vow not to speak a lie, ever! Claiming that it did not participate in the rebellion may be even the very truth indeed!” The elder demon smiles. “You did not participated but organize it from the very beginning! Nice! Very nice indeed!”
“I did that, Elder One.” The slave bows to him with respect. “And I thank you. Such words mean a lot spoken from you.”
“I see.” Qaggoth-Shaal rise a hand preventing Jeag to speak and spoke directly to the slave.
“And what about the previous rebellion?”
“You already know the answer, Queen.” The slave spoke with indifference. “It was not necessary to torture my man. You could have just asked.”
“I`m asking now.” Qaggoth-Shaal said with deadly intention in her voice.
“I organized the previous rebellion. And the one before it. And so on and so forth down to the War of the Invasion.”

Qaggoth-Jeag turns even redder in unspeakable fury.
“Despicable scum! I will …”
Qaggoth-Shaal silence her and spoke again to the slave.
“So you admit your treachery?”
“No.”
Her eyes thinned in confusion.
“You organize a rebellion against your lawful mistress, and yet you reject that it was a treachery? How so?”
“It was my gift for her.”
“Hmh, THAT was the strangest thing I`ve heard for a long time.”
The Elder One let a thin, knowing smile to appear on his lips.
“Not even a little bit. What better gift for the female you care for?”

This time even Qaggoth-Shall stares at him, jaws dropped, along all other Baatetsu around. Suddenly some things came into their places. Jeag`s sudden victory with the Invasion, the lack of any consort at her side … She gasped in shock.
“Elder One, am I able to understand you properly? This … this despicable lesser creature dares to … to … “
“… aspire for the position of Qaggoth-Jeag`s consort? Most surely. Since the time it was a mere mortal to this very moment it had that goal and it never wavers aside from it. Everything it did, everything it does right now is in accordance with that particular desire of its. Curious, isn`t it?”
“WHAT!?!” Both Qaggoth females stare at him. “You knew of it?”
“Of course.”
“Since … when?”
“Since the night when Jeag came into your Court to declare her victory. The same night I spoke with the new slave, holding a Benazi`s head over its weapon. I did ask it why it did it, and it said that it desire to become her consort, but she is unwilling to accept it for now. For all my years I`ve never seen such a lowly person to aspire toward such a female!” He smiles broadly, revealing daggers-like teeth. “I admit, I am most curious how it will end! No matter how many millennia I live, there is always something new to be seen! Most excellent!”

He saw their confusion and spoke to the tortured tribesman.
“Please, do tell us, what do you think your Noyon hope to achieve?”
The wounded male giggles through bloodied lips.
“I have no need to think. Everybody knows that Rambulhwa wants to jump her bones since the ancient times. My grandfather told me that, just as his grandfather, and his grandfather and all the ones before him since my honorable ancestor - Kuumchag-Dahu, a Blademaster who participated in Noyon`s first warband and wore him on his shoulder at the Road of the Blades after their victory over the demonic horde!”
Pride dripped from every word of the tortured tribesman. Since nobody interrupts him, he continues.
“These cowards have not enough balls to challenge you if not a hundred against one, so we provide them some false opportunity and pretend that we are weaker. They are brave when they are many against few and they always forget the failures from the previous rebellions.”

This time Qaggoth-Shaal holds her blinding rage and forced herself to ask the prisoner with false restrain.
“Are you telling me all the truth, scum? Your torture will be prolonged with a year if you dare to lie!”
The tortured tribesman smiles and spill blood.
“I speak the truth. Ask the Noyon himself, he will confirm it.”
Qaggoth-Shaal snorts with despise.
“And it will confirm its own death penalty? With its own mouth? Yeah, sure!” The Queen suddenly burst in laughter. “Ohohohohoh! I`ll let you live if it do it!”
“What he said is the truth, Queen.” The personal property spoke with the same lifeless demeanor. “I want to become the first consort of your thirteenth daughter, princess Qaggoth-Jeag and for that I organized the regular rebellions for her to harvest more sacrificial victims and to prevent our population to grow too much. Doing it she gains much honor along with her sisters and I received her permission to kiss her legs higher and higher. A bit more patience and I will succeed!”

Qaggoth-Shaal looks down at the tortured creature and waves at her guards to let it go. They released him and one of them put a blade at its neck.
“Fine. I admit, it was fun to hear how someone signing its own death penalty. On your knees and beg for my mercy and I`ll let you go.”
Instead to lick her boots she saw with surprise that the bloodied, tortured creature look at her daughter`s slave.
“Will you let it go? Just this once? I have three wives and five children. I don`t want to die, Noyon.”
The slave responds with the same dead calm voice.
“The choice is yours. It has always been.”
The tortured man manages to smile with his bloodied lips.
“Nobody ever said that we must like our choices, eh?”
The personal property spoke calm and with hard voice.

“I, Rambulhwa from Turkmani tribe of the D`Shar am witness that the warrior Huur-Nagai from Ushu tribe refuses to kneel, even to save his life. Your wives will mourn you and your children will grow up proud with their father.”
The prisoner spoke again.
“Thank you.”
And before someone to say anything he throws himself over the blade, slicing his own neck. The demon guard, prepared to prevent an escape attempt wasn`t ready for that outcome. The corpse fell over the cold stones, twists in convulsions twice and remain immobile.
“What did you do, slave? I am your Queen and yet it asked you? Speak!”
The slave look at her calmly.
“No, you are not. He was a free man and chooses to die like a free man instead to kneel to you. And I am a slave to your daughter, not to you, Queen. I do understand the hierarchy well.”

She lowers herself to it.
“Do not think that I can`t see what you did, slave. In the dungeon this pathetic creature cowers before me and kissed my boots begging for my mercy. I would have spared it but you spoke and it suddenly killed itself instead to accept my mercy. What did you do?”
The slave issues small sigh without changing its expression.
“Everybody breaks in torture. No matter what he say or do under torture it won`t be hold against him. But when you offer him to kneel or to die, his pride, the pride of a D`Shar warrior took over. For us it is everything. We kneel nor to gods nor to kings. If we do it, we become outcasts – people without rights, without home, family and without tribe. If he had chosen to kneel his females would have left him, maybe even kill him themselves. His children would have forced to grow up in shame from their father – the coward who had knelt. Now his widows will marry again for another male and his children will be proud with their father. It is all that matters.”
The slave continues evenly.
“He was a brave man and a good warrior. He died just for you to see with your own eyes that you may break us, but you can not bend us. Are you satisfied now, Queen?”

The Palace Guards carefully lift the black mirror and went toward the grand hall on the ground level. Others brought dried food and skins with water, spare arrows and casks with resin. From the upper site of the large staircase the Baatetsu watched their activities with suspiciousness. Finally Qaggoth-Jeag spoke to the nearest one.
“Why are you making such preparations? We can hold this place indefinitely!”
Gyrte Antenronen bows to her.
“By our estimations up to the sunset the rebels will gather enough men to take the walls with direct assault. Most of them are religious fanatics so they will gladly sacrifice the half, or even most of their men to kill you.” The large well-muscled woman pointed toward the caskets. “We prepared this place for a trap. When they came, we will leave it to them and when they overwhelm it you will burn them all to death with your great magic, Mistress. It will be like shooting rats in a barrel.”
Qaggoth-Jeag froze but her mother, concentrated over the lesser creature didn`t notice.
“Very commendable, lesser creature. Your readiness to sacrifice yourself for your Mistress honors you. All of you.”
Tagmar Sumaarsen smiles and glides the blade of his two-handed axe.

“No, not us, Your Majesty. The warlord is always ready to sacrifice his enemies. Thalo herself is witness, he has plenty.”
“But if you aren`t here to hold them who will?”
Huge stone from catapult hit the upper part of the palace wall. The five Noldor at that place were killed, their bodies shattered into unrecognizable mess of blood and torn flesh. Battle cries from many thousands throats fills the air and the square enlivened with armed people who rush at them.
“RESIN!”
Ten strong Baatetsu from Qaggoth-Jeag`s personal guards began to throw casks with resin over the wall. A few flaming arrows followed and the square was lit from fire, burning human flesh. Huge fireball hit the enemy`s catapult and Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha continue to fry the attackers with all her considerable might. Arrows and bolts began to fell around and the lesser creatures raise their shields.
Gyrte Antenronen invites the Baatetsu females down.
“It seems that it is the time for us to leave, Mistress. Please, follow me.”
“We can just fly away!”

“Will you risk getting shot from ballistae arrow? The escape road isn`t pretty, but I assure you, it is much safer.”
They went down and Gyrte Antenronen stops at the wall behind the staircase. She knocks a few times at the wall with the hilt of her axe.
“Are you there, Hilden?”
“I`d wish very much not to be! This place reeks far worse than I thought!”
Qaggoth-Jeag inclines her head.
“So the stones speak to you now, lesser creature? I`ve heard that some of you, the lesser creatures, are prone to illness of mind.”
“Behind that wall is an emergency exit through the sewers, mistress. We shall leave now. The last ones will burn the rest of the resin, which will give us enough time to get away from here.”
Large part of the wall suddenly rotates, revealing five more Valkyries from the other side. Two of them led the column outside. The last ones set the last casks with resin on the wall and closed the wall behind them.

“…and the trees start to fly …”

The column walked slowly through the reeking of excrements tunnel. The huge Baatetsu fold their wings tightly and tried not to touch anything.
“I do understand why you did this, slave …” Qaggoth-Jeag spoke, choking and trying not to breathe with her nose. “… but why did you bring even your HORSE with us!”
“Gaahutheaath was a gift to me from you, mistress.” The slave spoke without any concern about the all-consuming stench. “There is no way to leave her behind while I still can lift a blade. And, of course, I wouldn`t left behind the Netherworld Chargers of my companions too. They may be not Demonic Chargers, but they are close behind. Very close.”
She hisses with annoyance. How the stinking creature could be always so calm and in perfect control of its emotions was something beyond her. Nothing she ever did to it was able to bring it out of balance. To make it suffer, she alone gave order the biggest Demonic Charger to be found and brought to her and then she gave it to the lesser creature as a “gift”. The Demonic Charger was female, almost half a ton heavier than any other Charger, with nasty temper and so broad that the small slave was forced to ride its neck, for the Charger`s back was too wide to ride it properly. She hoped that the evil temper of the flesh-eating Charger will “accidently” led to the death of the lesser creature, yet it seems to found some kind of understanding with the spiteful beast. She was ready to tear of her own horns in despair.

The tunnel ends in another blind wall that moves aside due to well balanced counterweight and after the short digging they exit at the base of a low hill not far away from the north-east forest. It was still quite dark but she forbids the lesser creature to lift torches and they walked pathetically holding one another, the first one holding one Tenari who saw in the darkness just as good as a Baatetsu.
Qaggoth-Shaal walks toward the top of the hill surround from her own bodyguards. Her thirteenth daughter and her court came behind her. Large shadows fell from the sky and most warriors reached for their weapons, but the demons were able to see well enough that the newcomers were from their own. Qaggoth-Esal landed and walk toward the Queen. She made a small gesture and the bodyguards steps aside letting her pass. Qaggoth-Esal knelt.
“My Queen? Forgive me, I didn`t expected to see you here.”
“And what would you do if you expected to see me here?”
Qaggoth-Esal wondered what to say and chooses the most diplomatic answer.

“I would have come to greet you …”
“Just as you are doing now.”
“Well … yes, indeed …”
Qaggoth-Shaal smiles and wave a hand to her to rise.
“Welcome, seventh daughter. I was told that you are going to siege the town of Windholm.”
Qaggoth-Esal steps forward, folding her wings in more comfortable position.
“My scouts told me that the south lesser creatures, D`Shar, amasses toward Windholm. They reported that the tribes are gathered together to siege the same town for some time. So my presence were unnecessary there and I came to see if I can help here.”
“So uncharacteristic for you to help your own competitors, my daughter.” But Qaggoth-Shaal did not voices her thought and instead she says.
“Commendable. I see that your agreement works well. This rebellion looks promising and I do believe that Erida herself will be pleased from the amount of blood collected for her. Well done.”

“We all working for Qaggoth Family, my Queen.” Qaggoth-Esal bow again. “It is our duty. If you allow me, I`d like to present to you the young daughters and sons of forty-six minor Families, volunteering to participate in the current conflict.
The young Baatetsu knelt and made their bows. The Queen looks upon them with approval. Five hundred thirty-eight strong and fit, these youngsters came in full armament, obviously ready and willing to fight.
“My Tenari and the other lesser creatures that fight for me will be here before lunch time. On the next day we will be ready for assault.”
“I disagree.”
They all look at the slave. While they stare at it in shock it continues.
“The humans can not see in dark. You can. It is too great an advantage to left it aside. I suggest to attack about midnight. My servants will open the north town gate and our forces will be able to enter with minimal resistance. The fortified positions at the Granary, the Hospital and the Armory will …”
Huge fire erupts from the far side of the town and the creature continues almost without a pause.

“Clarification: the Granary is destroyed, the food supplies stored there are burned and two thousand of loyal warriors are dead. No matter, such things happens all the time. We will adjust. When our reinforcements reaches the Armory and the Hospital and took control over the other town gates the victory will be ours. The rest is searching house by house, counting the registered settlers and so on.”
“I agree.” Qaggoth-Jeag nods. “There is no need to wait until they starve to take back the town.”
The Queen looks at the Elder One. He shrugged his wings.
“Quick or slow, it matters very little to us.”
He looks at the short slave.
“But the military evaluation sounds reasonable and the town could be re-taken with light casualties for us so I agree.”
“My warriors will be tired after the long march.” Qaggoth-Esal opposes them. “I suggest giving them a day or two to recover.”
“The rebels will have no time for rest while in the town still has places with organized loyalists who oppose them.” The lesser creature rejected her offer without second thought. “They will be no less tired, separated in attacking and defending multiple places. But most important – they could not have stored large amount of food for themselves. Now they have no food for their warriors and the hungry warriors usually left their warlord.”

Several Baatetsu giggles at the merciless evaluation and even Qaggoth-Esal nods.
“Otherwise they would have assaulted some other position.” She thought for a moment before to continue. “What if they took over the Armory? It will be … messy.”
“The commanders I`ve chosen are most loyal to me warriors. If they can not hold their position until help arrives they will burn it themselves even if it mean to burn themselves.” The slave turns toward the Queen and bow deeply. “The rebels showed us that they are ready to burn our food in order to win. I respectfully suggest returning the fire with fire. If your majesty permits, my mistress may burn the palace to the ground along with all rebels still crowded there and searching for us.”
Some instinct made Qaggoth-Jeag to disagree.
“I don`t think that it is necessary to destroy my seat of power. We can kill all the pathetic rebels by the ordinary ways.”
“You are a mage yourself, daughter.” The Queen spoke thoughtfully. “Your seat of power is yourself first and foremost, not a pile of stones. Show your Power to the lesser creature.”
“And to our allies who sent their youngest children to show their support to us.” Qaggoth-Jeag thought dark. The wretched slave had some other hidden reason. Just looking at its lifeless appearance she could predict that it has …

“Jeag? JEAG!”
“Yes, my Queen?”
“How many times I need to call you?!?” Her mother`s face hardened and Jeag understood that she was angry and annoyed. “Do it already!”
“Yes, my Queen!” She bows to her mother. “I will order my magic advisor to …”
Qaggoth-Shaal steps forward and hisses barely in such a way that only her daughter to hear.
“Enough excuses! Show your Power to our allies and DO NOT disappoint me!”
Qaggoth-Jeag felt herself sweating profoundly but she has no other choice. She began incantation. Nervous and annoyed, even little afraid from the intensive supervision of her mother she almost lost control over her magic before to release her most powerful spell. Ten meters wide fireball flies toward the palace. The magic hit the palace`s inner courtyard. Stones, people and horses shatter and busted in flames and even the trees inside were fallen and thrown in all directions from the powerful magic.
“When my mistress desires it, even the trees start to fly, is it not?”

Something stirs inside Qaggoth-Jeag`s and she tries to remember where she heard something for the flying trees. She accepted the congratulations of the younger Baatetsu feeling proud with herself and her magical abilities when she saw the left corner of the mother`s mouth twitching and her hearts misses a beat. She was enraged. But why? A dozen or so more spells and the palace would have burned entirely!
“Very impressive spell, Your Highness!”
Young lad from Daalhstylshw Family bows to her. When she looks at him she could see only sincere adoration and total awe.
“You are so Gifted! Such power! I would have given all that I have to possess such power as yours, Princess!”
“Yes, I do understand your …” Qaggoth-Jeag saw her mother`s lips to press hard and lost her speech in terror.
In this very moment Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha knelt and bow deeply to the Queen.
“Your Majesty, I beg you to lower your gaze to me. As a loyal servant of Qaggoth Family I beg for the honor to execute the rebels who dare to attack the residence of a Royal Princess.”
Qaggoth-Shaal separates her gaze from her inapt daughter and forced herself to listen.
“Were you not you the one who defended that very place the whole day? Are you not exhausted already? I saw you to burn their assaults myself.”

The Magic Advisor, she notices, clad in some strange foreign battle gear nods in agreement. Qaggoth-Shaal wave at her to rises and took a careful look at the sigils all over the long blood-black robe.
“Impressive …” She uses her own magical sight to see it better. “You`ve got real talent. You stored such amount of magical power into these folds … But I do recognize these sigils!” She wrinkles. “Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad`s handiwork is unmistakable.”
“It is indeed, my Queen.” The lesser mage bows deeply. “He bestowed that honor upon me when I completed my apprenticeship. I wish only to honor him with my deeds in battle too.”
“And what of my daughter? What did she get for her apprenticeship?”
“Nothing, Your Majesty. She is still his apprentice.”
The Queen`s face twists in such rage that Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha lost her breath and froze on her place. In a few moments Qaggoth-Shaal took control over her anger and gnarls.
“Burn these rebels to the last one!”

Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha began her chant. Mystical aura engulfs her when her incantation came to its end.
“Let the Hellfire be released!”
Stones, iron, wood and flesh melts together when the unholy blast fell upon the palace. Walls fell and the humans inside just disappeared incinerated to ashes. Flames rises dozens steps over the palace`s roof. A few moments later the whole building crumbles but the hellfire continue to consume the remains of the former magnificent palace. Finally Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha waves her hands and made some gestures. The fire disappears as if never has been there. Heavy, almost oily smoke rises on thick columns high in the air above the pitiful remains.
“Your will is fulfilled, My Queen.” She spoke with tired voice but in a few moments she strengthens herself. “The palace and all rebels crawling between its walls are turned to ashes.”
Qaggoth-Jeag finally came to herself and closes her jaws. Spite and envy ate her from inside.
“It is exactly what I could have expected from my servant! It was all my …”

Her mother look at her only once and Qaggoth-Jeag froze amidst her sentence.
“You are a dis ….”
“I wish to speak with the Elder One for a few moments.” The lesser slave spoke with his usual demeanor and she gnarls in fury.
“In private, please.” It didn`t even blinks. “It is important.”
The Elder One left the Queen to choke in frenzy alone from the interruption of the lesser creature and spoke to the slave.
“Speak! Speak before I tear off your hearts with my own talons!”
“In private.”
“I`ll build a silence barrier around us, my Queen.” Baabakght-Yoktushergh spoke slowly, looking at the little creature. “I do believe that the lesser one may have something important to say. Otherwise we can kill it at any time you found suitable. It isn`t that it is wants to run away or something.”
She looks at him awry but nods in agreement.

“Does your curiosity took over, Elder One?”
“No. Not this time, Your Majesty.” The elder demon scratches his beard with one long talon. “My guess is that it will beg for the life of its mistress.”
“Is that so?” The Queen sighs and wave a hand in permission. “Let it be then.”
“It is, Elder One.” The small creature responds evenly. “It was necessary for you to see with your own eyes that the thirteenth daughter become lazy with her training. Such disgrace can not be tolerated, otherwise her enemies will start to use it to undermine the little honor she have. I …”
“So you put the things around in such a way that her magic advisor to demonstrate her inabilities in front of her own mother?” The elder demon taps his nails over his thigh. “You do understand that she could have kill your mistress for such shameful display in front of so many witnesses from the other Families, am I right?”
“Yes, Elder One. But her disregard toward her training can not be tolerated, and if I was told the Queen-Mother about it, she could have silenced me instead to take measures to correct the bad habits of her own daughter. In such a way I ensured that there will be consequences.”

“I see.” Baabakght-Yoktushergh smiles and nods with approval to the slave. “Brave as it is, I think that you may have a solution that may bring results and to save the head of your mistress.”
“I request the Queen-Mother`s permission for physical punishment.”
“WHAT?!?” Baabakght-Yoktushergh shouts enraged. “YOU, a lesser creature, you dare to beg permission to beat a royal princess?” He stops and thought for a few moments.
“No, it did not beg for it. It requests it.” Baabakght-Yoktushergh steps aside and began to walks left and right in front of the Queen. “It believes that the situation is serious enough so such measured may be necessary.”
Covering the lesser creature from the Queen`s gaze with his own body and robe, Baabakght-Yoktushergh`s tail poke the lesser creature as if by accident. It spoke again.
“Lord Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad is disappointed from the princess. She neglects his training, she does not put any efforts for her education and she is the last amongst his acolytes. He does not want to train her any more for she brings nothing but disgrace to his honorable name and Family. Since she is a princess he can not use the usual punishment as to any other of his acolytes.”

“How you amongst all others may know what the Queen`s consort thinks for Jeag?” The Elder One asks beyond herself in surprise. “You are not Gifted!”
“Lord Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad told me himself that even with our agreement he can not let her to destroy his honor. I myself heard for that from several independent sources and I had no other choice but to agree with him. He is an honorable male and he did all that he could to teach her. The fault was not his but hers. Without discipline education and training can not be taught.”
He hisses with unrestrained fury.
“What a lesser creature and a slave on top of that can possibly know about the discipline? For the mere thought to interfere in your Mistress`s actions you deserve terrible death!”
The slave did not flinch, nor even tremble.
“If she continues with her chosen way of inaction she will not live long. She has enemies. And when she dies none of those truly loyal to her will survive. While protecting her I made powerful enemies myself. I can not kill all of them despite all the means at my disposal.”

While he hated to admits the truth in its words the Elder One spoke again.
“What do you need to … correct the situation?”
“First I need permission to punish her physically. When my Master found me lacking the necessary efforts in my training he used his whip on my back to encourage my training. His own master taught him that way, those before him too and so on. It is proven disciplinary method and a way better than any words. Second I need permission for Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha to become an apprentice to another of the Masters of the Inner Sphere. My mistress is envious toward the other person`s success and her anger may push her more into her own training. Because of that I will need some of the royal bodyguards to protect my mistress while her magic advisor continues her training. Third – I`m asking for the Royal Pardon for the archmage of the Benazi Family.”
“Why do you care for him?”
“The loss of his talent will be a loss for the entire Qaggoth Family. And Qaggoth-Amas`Ne secretly assume control over the former Benazi Family. No doubt such act will bolster the loyalty to her amidst the ranks.”
The Elder One spoke with indifference.

“I thought that she is dead for centuries. Where is she?”
“She doesn`t want me to tell that. When she decides that she wants it, she will meet you. Sometimes the Queen needs to be only a mother and to care for your children if she wants them to have any trust in her. If you decide that her children does not value her care for them, you will do what needs to be done, knowing that you did all that you could.”
The Elder One wrinkles and spoke with voice, heavy with accusation.
“If you know that much, you surely know that your mistress isn`t exactly amongst the Queen`s most loyal subjects. You contradict yourself! I demand explanation!”
“It is true, Elder One. I can not deny my mistress`s ambitions to become a Queen. Yet I and all other high-ranking servants do everything in our power to dissuade her from taking any actions of the matter. Until my mistress took some action, I may only suggest her mother to do the same. In time I do believe that the habit will took roots in Jeag`s nature and she will be more comfortable to be … a ruler under the Queen`s power.”

“Maybe there is some sense in your words, slave.” The Elder One`s gaze was merciless. “But are you ready to put your own head as a pledge of your dedication? If the Queen herself by some chance decides to become magnanimous, giving you a thousand years to prove all you`ve said, are you ready to pay with your own head if you fail with these plans of yours?”
“Give me that, and in a thousand years Qaggoth-Jeag will become a full Mage under Lord Brotmhesh-Ilmenekkad`s guidance and Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha will successfully finish her apprenticeship to another Master of the Inner Sphere of your choice. Since I`m bound with the contract between me and Jeag, I can not offer you my head for it no longer belongs only to me.”
“Very well. Then I myself will ask the Queen to gracefully grant you plea.”
The Elder demon prepares himself to release his magical barrier, but right before to do it he spoke again to the small creature.
“I know that you lust after your mistress, but to risk so much with your requests to her mother …” The elder demon hesitates before to continue. “You are taking way bigger risks than it is usual for you.”
The slave, however inclines its little head in negation.

“All that I`m doing benefits my mistress and through her the Qaggoth-Family and personally the Queen.” The lesser creature continues evenly. “If you want me to pay you to defend her lazy and reckless daughter I can tell you only that it doesn`t works that way. You must pay me to do it. Due to Shaal`s own inaction she still thinks as a two-year old child, she only wants and wants and wants without any thought for the consequences. Since she was born everybody fulfills every one of her desires and she believes that it is the very nature of the life itself. She often neglects her training, she neglects the rulership of her domain leaving most of her own duties to her servants and she dreams for your power like a child wanting more candies. Just because she wants it, not because she has any idea what will she do if she somehow becomes a Queen. Because her mother never slap her when she wanted something bad she has no idea what is right and what is wrong besides her own selfish desires. Despite her age she never ever participated in battle, she doesn`t know what hard work, pain and sufferings are and almost never even think for the consequences of her own actions for anybody else. The children do not understand what discipline is or why they need it. They just want something. If they receive it – for them it is right and they continue to want it. IF however they are punished for it they took it for wrong and stop or hesitate to want it again. Without the sense of duty and warrior`s discipline her daughter is no more that raving beast.”

Baabakght-Yoktushergh releases her spell and bows to his Queen.
“The lesser creature`s observation are most accurate, my Queen. Unfortunately I must concur. It may lack tact and it is blunt but what it says is true, my Queen. So I`ll put my voice to back its humble requests.”
“Then tell me, Elder One, why nor you, nor any other of Jeag`s servants ever mentioned a word to me?” Qaggoth-Shaal already brightens with magical aura. “WHY?”
“I`d say that her servants are too afraid from you to say anything bad for your own daughter in front of you. As for myself …” The elder demon just rises his massive shoulders. “… I thought that Jeag have stronger survival instinct or maybe I was not that much concerned for Jeag`s life as this lesser creature.”
He saw Shaal`s expression and adds.
“Well, that doesn`t sound too good, I suppose. If you prefer, I can lie to you? The servants often rely on lies when they are afraid from punishment if they speak the truth to their masters.”
“Don`t you dare!” Qaggoth-Shaal frowns at him but her furious grimace was met with barely a slight movement of his eyebrow and she gave up.
“Do you really think that such dire measures are necessary?”
His saddened face was answer enough for her yet he spoke with silent voice.
“I`m afraid so. If one lesser creature is capable to read her so easily the other Elders will not miss it too. She can not hide herself behind your wings forever.”

Before midnight Rambulhwa led the Noldor and the Royal Guards to the east town gate openly and call the guards with strong voice.
“Hey, guards! Call your chieftain! I, Rambulhwa, want to speak with him!”
Hjar Taraalsen`s throwing axe hit the earth in front of his huge Demonic Charger.
“If you came to surrender I`ll promise you fast and painless end. Otherwise you are wasting your breath, demonic slave!”
“And who might you be? On what authority you are speaking?”
Hjar rises his massive shoulders and the engravings on his magnificent armor brightens on the light of the nearest torches.
“My name in Hjar Taraalsen, descendant of the last true ruler of Fierdsvain – Koningur Valdis the Just. By my blood right I assumed the rule over Fierdsvain and I will lead the Holy Army of Rightness!” He proclaims with deep and exalted voice. “With it and with Thalo`s Blessing I will destroy the demonic menace that feed upon the Fierdsvain and I will destroy the traitors who lick their taloned feet in fear for their miserable lives!”

The enemy warlord laughs.
“That was a mouthful. I knew the old cur Valdis well. He was a man who doesn`t hold his promises and betrayed me after I helped him to kill the claimant for his throne.”
“Do not dare to speak ill for my honorable ancestor, you dirty traitor!” Hjar lower himself between two portholes and shout enraged. “You have no right to speak his venerable name!”
“There was nothing venerable left in him while he whining in gratitude when my old friend warlord K`Juda fed him with the strips of his table and he barked at the whip of warlord Agjaga.” Rambulhwa saw Hjar`s expression and add mockingly. “Unlike you I was there. All the fancy stories you`ve probably heard was just that – fancy stories. The bards often create them the way they like. They are bards after all and they need to satisfy their public to make a living.”
“I will not listen to your heretical words, you traitor!” Hjar`s face turn red in fury. At his sign all of his Huscals and Valkyries steps in position, ready to release arrows and javelins at the invaders bellow.
“I will see you kneeling in front of me before your death, traitor!”

He turns to the Lady Einherjar, his second-in-command, and gave order.
“Kill them!”
Drathen Murgentheim bows to him and draw her Fierdsvain War Axe from her belt. In the next moment the same axe presses strongly at his neck and he drops his sword. He stares in disbelieve when Drathen Murgentheim spokes to his warriors.
“Tie him well and open the gates. I`m tired from this imbecile.”
“NO! YOU CAN`T DO IT! WE CAN WIN! IF ONLY …”
“We?” Drathen Murgentheim spoke mockingly. “You and who else, exactly?”
Hjar Taraalsen look around himself only to see how his handpicked elite warriors dropped the drawbridge and the enemies began to ride into his town.
“YOU! You betrayed me! But why? I thought that you love me! I should have made you my Queen after we get rid of the stinking demons!”
The young woman removes her helmet and tied it at her belt.
“You are simpleton. You are great warrior and decent fu*k but to get rid of the demons? Please!”

“No, don`t do it! Listen to me, just listen!” Hjar Taraalsen looks right into her eyes and spoke sincerely. “I`m right descendant of Koningur Valdis! I can rally all Fierdsvain behind my claim and …”
“… and you`ll kill us all, you idiot.” Drathen Murgentheim inclines her head and her mouth curls in open mock. “If you had two brain cells into your empty skull of yours you would have thought that a person does not become a famous murderer as uncle Rambulhwa leaving his enemies alive. He alone told me that his people killed all former king`s families. Males, females, childrend, babies … They counted every single head separating them from their corpses. Only then a murder is confirmed.” She smiles charmingly.
“All these talks about your blood rights, descendant claims, bla-bla-bla are just to push you in the direction I wanted. I just needed a figurehead to lead the stupid rebellion.”
He look at his lover as he was seeing her for the first time in his life.
“Impossible! Thallo Ver Shures is on our side – the side of the JUSTICE! We can …”

“You are really a simpleton.” She interrupts him again with a snort. “I`ve seen Erida Occisor when she gave her annual judgment on the market square, but I haven`t seen Thallo to say that you are her chosen, nor to hear her commanding you to rise a rebellion against the demons. You did it just to gain power for yourself.”
“But … but …” He stutters is shock. He took the young Lady Einherjar in his bed a year ago and he truly believed that she was in love with him and dedicated to his cause from the start. It wasn`t possible for her to hides such unholy corruption in her soul. It just wasn`t …”
“I truly love you!” He lowers his voice and tries his most convincing tone and expression. She was so young, barely seventeen years old, perhaps they threatened her and she was afraid. “I can marry you, to give you not only two but as many children you want! You will be my only true love, my Queen!”
She busted in such wild laughter that he could only stares at her in shock.

“Males! Who told you that I love you? I was just used you for fun. And besides …” She closes his face to his until he felt her breath over his own. “Did you ever ask me if I want you to make me your Queen?” She laughs again. “Simpleton! I don`t need you or anyone else to make me Queen. I can do it alone if I so much desire it. Which I do not. People who proclaim themselves Kings and Queens in Pendor trend to die quickly for the last thousand years or so. I am fifty-second generation member of the “Honorable Guards” and I do remember my mother`s stories for uncle Rambulhwa. How can anyone expects to banish the demons in their power when he wasn`t able to do it in their defeat is beyond me.”
“Uncle Rambulhwa?” This time he understand her words properly.
“Yes, what is it?”
Rambulhwa came to the bastion from the stone staircase and smiles at the young Lady Einherjar.
“Great work, my dear. :You surpass all my expectations.”
“Thank you, uncle. My people hold the next two towers left and right, but the others will need some fighting. We are ready to assist you.”
“Excellent!” The warlord smiles and put the horned helm back on his head. “Follow me!”

It was almost down then the last pocket of resistance on the south wall was crushed. Surrounded from his personal bodyguards and his companions Rambulhwa sat on the bastion and drank some kumis from his gourd. His armor and helm were covered in blood.
“Uncle?” Drathen Murgentheim sat next to him and reaches for his gourd.
“Yes?” He offered it to her and she drank deep and laugh when she cough.
“I thought that it is something stronger!” She cursed and throws it back to him.
“I never drink alcohol. But I`m sure that you`ll find some around.”
He put the gourd back into his belt and spoke casually.
“How is your father?”
“Haven`t you heard?” She spat out of the wall with disgust. “Last night he came out from the caravanserai, drunk as a mob as usually, with his drinking buddies and on his way back to home he fell in the bay. Before someone could help him a longboat pressed him to the pier protector smashing him as an insect under boot.”
“I can`t say that I`m sorry. He was a useless drunkard for thirteen years.” Rambulhwa spoke with indifference and then ask.

“And how is your mother?”
“She took it not different than you.” Drathen Murgentheim tries to say it with the same indifference but fails. “Did you kill him?”
“No.”
“You doesn`t sound saddened from his death!”
“For I`m not. But your mother chose him for her husband and I accepted her decision.”
“So it is true!” Drathen Murgentheim spoke through clenched teeth. “You were her lover!”
“For seven years, since she was fifteen years old lass.” The warlord smiles at his memories. “The first two years I didn`t even suspects that she was so young, she was such big and well gifted lass … that I didn`t even thought to ask for her age.”
“So that`s why my father was so angry at her!” Drathen Murgentheim gnarls. “Because of you he started to drink more and more and …”
“Not likely. Many men doesn`t need any excuses to drink all day.”
“Or …” An unpleasant thought came to her mind and Drathen Murgentheim spoke sharply. “Are you … my father? Is that why he was so angry all the time?”

“No, my dear.” Rambulhwa drank another mouthful of kumis. “Those of us who serve directly to the demons can not have any children. Otherwise I would have hundreds of children if not thousand for all these years. I like your mother very much and we had great time together, but when she was twenty-two she decides that she want family and children and the latter I wasn`t able to offer so she choose Targen Devaarsen. He was a good, honest Huscarl and I had no reason to think that he would fell so low, but there was nothing I could to.”
“You don`t need to speak ill for the dead!”
“Nor to speak good for those who doesn`t deserve it, living or dead.”
He looks at her and saw her turmoil clearly written over her confused expression.
“What is it? You seem a bit confused?”
“Mother said something strange to me yesterday. She asked me to tell you that she removed her best loincloth. If I see you, of course.”

Drathen Murgentheim saw with surprise that the tribal warlord tries to smooth his hair and rises on his feet.
“The cute big Drethen! How do I look?”
“Like a wild tribal!” She spoke even more confused. “You are almost entirely covered in blood! How do you think you look like?”
“Excellent!” Rambulhwa took his weapon and walk toward the staircase. “The blood always got her aroused. I`ll go to visit her. You better go to sleep in the barrack this night.”
“WHAT? My father isn`t turned cold yet and you intent to … do my mother!? I do not approve your …”
Rambulhwa suddenly turn toward her and she reaches for her axe but she was too slow. The hilt of his glaive hit her helmet and she fell down on the stone staircase until she hit the wall on the lower level. With blurred vision she saw him climbing down slowly and then the hilt hit her ribs again. Even with her heavy ring mail she screamed in pain.
“I can`t possibly care less what you may or may not approve.” Rambulhwa continue to hit her with the hilt as if with a staff. “The children does not assign who their parents will fu*k or not. Usually it is just the opposite.”

After the twentieth strike Rambulhwa look down at her and add.
“Until you live in your mother`s yurt I expect from you to respect her and to keep your nose out of her personal affairs. And I advise you not to drink too much. Not only can the males become useless drunkards. Do you understand?”
“Yes, I do understand!”
He extended his arm and after a moment of hesitation she took it and he pull her on her feet. She moans and he quickly fumbles her ribs and back.
“Nothing broken just bruises. It will hurt for some time but you deserve it.”
She gnarls but said nothing for the next forty paces.
“What was that for the loincloth?”
“Something as a family joke for your family.”
“Care to explain?”

“Why not?” Rambulhwa turn right to the next crossroad toward Drathen Murgentheim`s home. “By the time of the old Valdis he had a female bodyguard by the name of Drythen Murgentheim. She was extremely large and strong woman with very nice pair of breasts, much like your mother`s. I wanted her very much and I offered her a bet that she will invite me into her bedroll if she loses. When she lose we went to a secluded place in the Koningur`s palace and she started to undress herself. When I saw her rack I jumped right over her in the very moment. After some time I decided to apologize for my rudeness and I said: “If I knew that you are a virgin I would have been more careful with you.” And then she snorted and said: “If I knew that you haven`t been with a Fierdsvain woman before I would have removed my best loincloth earlier. Such fine silk is hard to find these days.”

Spite

Qaggoth-Raatukleysht lowers herself under the right arm of her brother and his talons only touched her back pair of horns. Her tail hit him between his legs and he howl in pain. With one smooth movement her left hand`s talons pierced his right shoulder. She blocks his left arm but his talon hit her stomach with such a force that she lost her breath. Still she took the pain and twists her talons in the wound. From the sudden pain he froze and roars and then she pierced his other shoulder. With talons sank deep into her flesh she caught his talon with her own and hit his face with her front legs. Qaggoth-Dthtyar`s nose broke instantly and fills his three eyes with painful tears yet he refuses to admit defeat. He tries to bites his sister`s throat. She saw his movement and barely avoided it pushing her both thumbs deep into the sensitive flesh under his both armpits and simultaneously continue to hit his head with her horns. The pain was too much and he open his mouth to roar and in the same moment she pushes him on the ground and her teeth touches his throat.
“ENOUGH!”

Qaggoth-Jeag looks at her twins. Beaten and bleeding, covered with long scratches and with flesh, still torn from their duel they bow to her while she declares her dauther for winner. Qaggoth-Dthtyar doesn`t took it well, his bleeding face twists in open hatred but the males were never good to accept defeat and it was expected. She could feel his anger and hot-headed hatred toward her and his sister both. Despite the fact that she didn`t release him he turns his back on her and tries to walk toward the palace. At the second pace however Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle towered above him and holds him between his neck and his right arm. He tried to shake her hand off and she press. Her strength was immence and he whimpers involuntarily from the agonizing pain.
“You surely want to kneel to your mother and beg for her forgiveness child.”
“GET AWAY FR..”
She presses two fingers stronger and he lost his breath in pain.
“Of course that you do. Please, this way.”
“Half pointed and half dragged the young demon went back and faces his mother again.

“I beg your forgiveness, oh Princess. With your permission I will retire for some rest in my quarter.”
The mock at his sister`s face was so clear that he tries to hit her in fury. In the next moment Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle`s hand pushes him with such strength that his face was pressed hard over the courtyard`s stones.
Fifty paces away from them Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor watches the humiliating scene half-hidden in the corridor leading to the inner quarters.
“Do not try to sneak on me, lesser creature!” He hisses with annoyance. “I can sense your presence!”
Rambulhwa stopped two steps behind him and bow deeply.
“I wanted to speak with you on an important matter, my lord.”
“But I don`t want to speak with you! Begone!”
The slave not only remained on its place but continue to speak as if invited and not chased away.
“Your grandchildren both make serious efforts to impress your daughter and yet you are dissatisfied as if they offended you somehow. There is something in your constant disapproval on them and I`d like to know what it is. My lord?”

The older demon turns swiftly and reaches for the lesser creature. Before to touches it however he stopped himself with his talons almost reaching its flesh. The slave does not move a santimeter nor did it give any sign of its emotions. Not for the first time Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor thought that he has seen more pungent expressions on dead person`s faces. He closes his hands in tight fists and turns his back.
“I gave you an order! Obey me!”
The slave looks at him with tired gaze before to speak evenly.
“Your orders mean nothing to me, my lord. Please, enlighten me on that particular matter.”
Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor holds his fists tightly not to tear the obstrusive creature apart.
“I will not speak!”
“But then I will speak with other and they may not have any reason to be unvamished with their words.”
It was a nasty way but still Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor knew that somebody would have spoken about the shameful matter if asked.
“You … “He issues a long sigh and gave up. “It is not their performance that worries me. It is … themselves.”

The little slave doesn`t react so Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor was forced to delve in the shameful details.
“My daughter choses a minor noble from an insignificant Family for her first child! A lesser creature like yourself is not even capable to comprehend the humiliation and despise my daughter brought upon herself and her own Family due to her shameful and inappropriate choice!”
“But he is dead.”
“IT DOESN`T MATTER YOU IDIOT!” The elder Baatetsu barely hold himself not screaming his fury. “A thousand years I`m forced to watch how she alone cover herself in shame! I`d prefer she to take even you as her First Consort instead to mate this whetched Kahtuularkth-Vallibkkul! It will ruin all her chances to inherit her mother but at least she can not conceive from you! She becomes a thing of mockery and she can not even consider the consequences of her reckless behavior! And all of it because of you!”
The slave spoke darkly.
“I did my best to prevent her to choose other than myself for her consort, lord. Sometime it isn`t fast enough but I can not do miracles.”

Both remained silent for some time. Finally the slave spoke.
“What if they die?”
“It would be for the best, really! The next time she may choose someone amongst the highest nobility! Qaggoth Family already suffered too much!”
“Very well then.” Rambulhwa said with lifeless voice. “I`ll take care of that as a favor to you, my lord.”
He wasn`t amused not even a little bit.
“Pathetic creature! Are you blind? Can`t you see that Jeag surround them with bodyguards? She never allow them to step a foot without them! You can do nothing!”
“The lord may leave this matter into my own hands. I need only the name of some of the Queen`s enemies to finish my work. Somebody must to take the blame. Give me a name, lord.”
“Taathayabt-Myyuthaybhtbaart.”
The lesser creature spoke with a bow. “With your permission I will take my leave.”

Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor snorts and turns his back toward the creature. When its steps deafened he allow himself to smiles broadly. The little slave was obsessed from the crazy idea to become Jeag`s First Consort and it was ready to do anything for it. Yet an attempt for assassination for Jeag`s firstborn woud lead only to its execution. Which would have been just … wonderful. Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor slowly walks away smiling silently on himself.

Qaggoth-Dthtyar reaches his chamber, tore apart three of his slaves and kicked the rest outside, closes the solid door with terrible slam and sat in front of the large mirror. Blood still streaks down from his wounds and painful tears fills his eyes. Finally, completely alone, he began to tremble crying from his humiliation.
“You are defeated, but you are not dead.”
Surprised Qaggoth-Dthtyar rises his head and saw his mother`s personal slave supporting its back on the door.
“How did you come inside? I locked the cursed door!”
“I have my ways.”
“I don`t require your presence, slave! Begone!”
The slave did not move at all.
“A smart person would ask “Why you are here?”. Which kind are you?”
“The kind who is not amused from your disrespect!”
“And what kind of deeds you have on your name that deserves respect?”
Qaggoth-Dthtyar gasped in anger.
“Are you mocking me, slave? I will have your skin for that!”

“You are crying like a baby from such small wounds and yet you are trying to intimidate me? You mock youself just fine without my help.”
It was just too much and Qaggoth-Dthtyar throws himself over the unabashed slave. His hands hold the little slave`s shoulders and he alone scream in pain for the abrupt movement widen his own wounds. Then the slave holds his wrist and tried to push him back. Qaggoth-Dthtyar felt suddenly that he was unable to move and the lesser creature manage to push him back. Great weakness overwhelms the young Baatetsu and he fell on the floor losing his consciousness.
Rambulhwa knock four times on one wall. Part of it suddenly moves revealing four masked humans. They tied the demon like a bag of grain, put a large sack over him and dragged him outside. The last one pull one iron pin from the nearest torch stand and the wall become a whole again. They put the sack on a handcart and moved further.

Do you really want the truth?

Qaggoth-Raatukleysht heard the knock on her door and raise her voice.
“Come in!”
The door opens and her mother`s personal slave came inside with a bow.
“Young lady, I came to congratulate you for your victory. It was well deserved it.”
The creature bow again and offered her a small pack. She took it in haste.
“Dthtyar`s favoured faceplate!”
The young demoness grabs the slave and hugs it with such strength that its bones start to squeak.
“He will die in shame, the dirty looser! Uncle Raa, how did you manage to obtain it?”
The slaves`s little hands began to push her and she release it from her grasp. It manages to take a few deep breaths before it was capable to speak.
“He was too busy whining and crying over his pathetic defeat. So when he left his room I took it from his chamber. I thought that you may like it.”
“Uncle Raa, you shouldn`t have risked so much! He would have hurt you badly if he cathes you!”

The sincere concern in her voice and expression invokes a smile over the little creature`s face.
“You deserve some token for your victory, young lady. You fought well.”
She felt great pride from the rare admittance. Since the time when she was so young that she was unable to pronounce its name properly and she could have call it only “Raa” the lesser creature took care of her, it arrages her combat training and it always took her side in her constant struggles with her brother. She sat against the mirror and put the richly ornamented battle faceplate over her head.
“Am I looking good?” She asks looking at her reflection.
“You are looking almost as good as your mother, young lady.”
Qaggoth-Raatukleysht turns her head slowly. She was already in the age when she could have feel and understood the physical lust between male and female.
“So it is true what the others say. You are so insolent that you dare to hope to become my mother`s First Consort? You are aiming too far above your station, slave!”

“Are you envious, young lady?”
“Maybe a bit.” She admitted with some concern. “But you have not the slightest chance. My mother hates you.”
“I`m glad to hear it, young lady.”
“Huh?!?” She stares at the slave with great confusion. “How so?”
The smaller creature`s expression changes and it began to explain with a smile.”
“Most of my kind believes that the love, what you are calling the lust to a female is the strongest feeling known to us. In my horde I had a few warriors who strifed to win fame in battle to impress their chosen females enough to mate with them. Units of them are even capable of great deeds indeed. However … “
The lesser creature came closer and removes the faceplate from her face.
“… I found that it isn`t the truth. Feelings as greed, anger, spite, envy and revenge are far more powerful and common. But nothing, absolutely nothing can compare with the hatred.”
She felt mesmerized from the lesser creature`s conviction and hold her breath in anticipation.

“In my entire horde of 5000 warrriors I had perhaps four people capable to do anything for their lust toward their chosen female. But the others 5000 were capable to do anything to kill the enemy who they truly hated. I`ve seen some of them throwing themselves in the thick of battle where the risk for their own life was greatest just for the opportunity to kill more people from the faction they hated. They could have endured hunger, thrust, fatigue, pain and suffering of any kind to do harm to those who hated most. Once a companion of mine convinced several people from the Mystmounain clans to lie the local authorities. They knew that they will be tortured to death if they do what she asked them to do and yet they did it knowing that their false testimonials will hurt great number of their persecutors. The lust and the hatred are the two sides of a blade. Your mother has strong feelings toward me and that pleases me a lot. One day her lonliness will become too tiresome for her to endure and she will accept me for her consort.”
She busted in laughter for its ridiculous declaration until tears began to flood her eyes.
“Uncle Raa, you are so funny! But better behave yourself for when my father returns from his journey he may decide to dispose of you or to send you far away!”

“Hahaha!” The slave suddenly laughs too and she looks at it with surprise. “I don`t think so.”
“And why is that?”
“I knew your father for a long time, young lady.”
“But mother said that he is on a long journey!”
“Yes, the mistress is right, young lady. The longest journey of no return.”
Qaggoth-Raatukleysht felt shivers running down toward her tail.
“Are you saying that …”
She wasn`t able to finish but the slave nods in confirmation.
“… he is dead.”
She jumps from her seat.
“WHO KILLED HIM! TELL ME!”
“You may ask your mother.”

“I`m asking you! You care for me for my entire life! You always supports me and encourage me in everything I do! You even took my side aginst my brother! TELL ME!”
“No, it is too dangerous.”
“I command you to tell me!”
“You have no right to command me.”
“I … I … “Qaggoth-Raatukleysht tries desperately to find some way to press the slave. “I`ll tell mother that you know who the killer is!”
The slave expression become openly derisive.
“Go ahead. She knew it all the time.”
“AAAARGH!” She screams in fury and then she tries something that she saw a few times amongst the lesser creatures. “Please?”
The slave slowly turns back.
“If you are that much dedicated then tomorrow, when the others attack the last rebel`s bastion, sneak away from your bodyguards and come back here. Then I`ll lead you to your father`s killer.”
“I WILL DO IT!”

Qaggoth-Raatukleysht stalks the empty corridors back to her chamber. She quietly enters into inside and saw the smaller creature sitting alone on the carpet. She sat against him.
“I`m here as you wanted. Now tell me who the killer is!”
Rambulhwa hold her face into his hands and asked her one last time.
“Are you sure, completely sure that you want to know that?”
She holds the hilt of her sabre.
“I`M SURE!”
“Very well then.” He spoke calm. “Sharak, will you come please?”
A masked figure covered from the curtains came into Qaggoth-Raatukleysht`s vision.
“Yes, of course.”
“Will you be so kind to tell the girl who killed her father?”
“It was me.”
Qaggoth-Raatukleysht tries to kill her but found herself unable to move. The slave continue.
“And why whould you kill the stupid goon?”
“Because I knew that it will make you happy.”
When the young demoness fell aside on the carpet she saw the slave`s face once more.
“I`ve been waiting for that for so long!”

Qaggoth-Amas`Ne stops at the top of the stairs leading to the dungeon. Cold sweat covered her body and her talons dug into the stone walls.
“I … I will not go down!”
Rambulhwa looks at her impassively.
“You can and you will. Move one foot in front of the other and then repeat it. It is called “walking”.”
“You have no idea what I was forced to suffer down there!”
“Probably the same that you would have suffered up here. Now move your arse, we have work to do!”
“I … I … I don`t want to …”
“You very much want to.” Rambulhwa wink at her. “Come on, chop-chop!”
She holds his hand almost to the point of breaking and allows him to drag her further. Step after step she went closer to the cell that was her torture chamber for 406 years. Shivering uncontrollable she touches the stone wall where the door was before.
“So it is no longer used?”

“After the destruction of the whole palace 1000 years ago we were forced to fills some parts and to strengthen the foundation with magic during the rebuilding of the palace. This part of the dungeon wasn`t usable for a long time. Until now.”
By his sign one masked warrior moves aside and soon part of the wall moves too revealing the cell, designed to hold magic user Baatetsu captive. Rambulhwa pointed inside.
“Be my guest.”
“NO!”
“Oh, yes! You may thank me later.”
“I WILL NOT …”
She froze amidst her scream when she saw the mocking grin on his face.
“I was helping you with all my abilities since the day you get me out of this cell! You have no reason to bring me back!”
“I have very good reason. I have a gift for you inside.”
“But I don`t want to go there! I`m afraid …”
“Be afraid if you want to. Now move!”

“If you intent to ambush me inside I`ll kill you first!”
“And why would I need to drag you down here if I want you dead? I can kill you almost anywhere up there too, if I wanted it.”
It was true, she admitted it to herself yet she didn`t felt any releave when she forced herself to step inside. A spark of magic activated the globes and the two covered figures lying chained onto the stones at the opposite sides of the cell become clearly visible. She steps forward dragging the slave with her and removes the linen cover over the nearest figure, revealing Qaggoth-Dthtyar`s sleeping face. Her eyes widened in shock and she quickly reaches the other figure only to reveal Qaggoth-Raatukleysht under the thin cover.

Last edited:
A true gift is not what what you want to give, but what she wants to receive

Qaggoth-Amas`Ne`s three eyes thinned when she looks at the smaller creature.
“How in Erida`s own name you`ve manage to bring them here?”
“It wasn`t that hard. He was just arrogant enough to believe that just because he is a princess`s son nobody will dare to kill him and she was overeager to learn who killed her father.”
The smaller creature spoke evenly without any visible concern for the dreadful agony expecting it if ony a hint of what`s happening came into Qaggoth Jeag`s mind.
“And you know who killed him? Everybody knows that Jeag kills her lovers when she tires of them.”
“She didn`t killed any of them. I arranged their deaths with the sole hope that Jeag will become lonely and aroused enough to accept me for her First Consort.” Rambulhwa sighed heavily. “So far without any success. There are always some simpleton, eager to jump her even at the cost of his own life. It is almost sad.”

“When my mother learn for your treachery even the gods will not save your wretched skin, you traitorous scum!” Qaggoth-Dthtyar roars suddenly and tried to reach the slave. The lesser creature stood immobile and indifferent while he shouted enraged but unable to reach it with barely a span`s distance. Finally, he stopps to take a breath and Rambulhwa spoke in turn.
“You are lazy, incompetent and envious toward your better. And as if it isn`t enough you dares to speak what the gods may or may not do. Come on, give them your orders, they just love to hear it!”
This shocked Qaggoth-Dthtyar enough to shut his mouth for some time and then his sister spoke quietly.
“Uncle Raa, why are you doing this to me? I`ve never mistreated you wittinly! And you`ve always been kind and concern to me! ALWAYS!”
“And every time I see you I remember how I asked your father just to wait until you mothere accept me for her first consort before to lay with her. I will not forget and I will not forgive that. And you are his child. Every time I looked at you I wanted to tear you apart with my own nails but I wasn`t able to do it. I suffered because of it, and now it is your turn to suffer. It is as simple as that.”

“You can not blame ME for the actions of MY FATHER!”
Rambulhwa looks at her impassively.
“I can and I will do it. Just watch me.”
“But why? There is no sense!”
“There is. For a D`Shar. We are petty, evil-minded and revengeful people and we can hold grudges forever.”
“I don`t understand!”
“There is no need for you to understand, child. It is enough that I do understand it.”
She felt its dedication and decide to change her behavior. Her brother`s rage brought nothing so she decide to beg, even if it was humiliating. Later, when she was out of this cell she would have had her way with the treacherous creature.
“I beg you, don`t hurt me! Please!”
“Fine, fine. Don`t worry about it.”
She stares at it unable to believe on her own ears.

“Then release me from these chains and we may fo…”
“To release you? My dear child, why would I do this after I started to prepare for this very moment for ages? I`ve ordered this place to be rebuild in a specific way suitable for a torture chamber, I`ve waited your mother to grow attached to you and I brought you here at considerable risk for me. And last but not least your aunt, Qaggoth-Amas`Ne deserve something for all the agony she suffers from the arrogance of your mother. I can not allow her to hurt Qaggoth-Jeag, of course, but I can give her you and your brother instead.”
“But you said that you will not hurt me! You always speak the truth! You can not break your own word!”
“I will not do such a thing, child. Do pay attention to what I say. I said that I will not hurt you. I will not, truly. Qaggoth-Amas`Ne will do it gladly instead, I believe.”
She almost cried in despair.
“But you are only a slave! You have no right to do this to me!”
“I have the strength to kill you in my hands now. It gives me all the rights I need. The stronger do what they want, the weaker do what they must. Such is the way of life itself and nothing else.”

Qaggoth-Amas`Ne wathched the scenee with broad smile and feeling great satisfaction from the current state of the affairs.
“So you will not hurt them? For real?”
“I just said that, yes, my lady.”
“And … what will you want from me to let me hurt them?”
“Nothing.”
“WHAT?!”
Rambulhwa glides her left arm briefly.
“I do remember the first time I saw you here. Initially I do not even recognize you as Baatetsu. You looked and reeked horrible, as some unknown to me kind of monster. All what you did was to warn your own sister for the danger. You cared for her and she tortured you for it. I will ask nothing for it is my gift for you, given freely and without any strings attached. Just like that.”
Shocked, she almost steps back from it.

“Nobody gives something for nothing! What do you want from me?”
The lesser creature smiles and its usual dead expression changes is such a way that it surprised her. She has almost forgotten that the lesser ones also had feelings.
“It is seldom indeed, to receive something that you really want and even more rare without price attached to it. So have you fun while you can.”
It turns its back to her and its masked bodyguards followed, leaving her alone with the two captives. Qaggoth-Amas`Ne smile widens and she said with pure joy.
“Happy birthday to … me!”

Do not lie to me!

The two guards bows and were thrown away from powerful blows. The door shatters and covers the creatures inside the room with splinters. The slave slowly turns away from the table only to receive a blow from her tail that moved through its left shoulder and nailed it to the wooden surface. Blood quickly soacks the common kaftan from horse hide and wet the parchments. The other lesser creatures in the room draw their weapons.
“DO NOT HARM HER!”
“OH, I SHALL HURT YOU, YOU LESSER …”
Qaggoth-Jeag stops when her ears kicked her mind.
“You are telling them not to hurt ME?!?”
“At least you kept your hearing, my mistress.” The lesser creature spoke evenly, the tiny slits for eyes did not moved at all. “It is just as I said.”
“INSOLENT CREATURE! I`ll tear you piece by piece until you tell me where my childrens are!”
Instead to cower in her feet the small creature spoke with its casual lifeless tone.

“You alone forbid me to participate in the destroying the current rebellion, my mistress. You forbid me to set a foot outside the palace`s gate and I obeyed your order. I was too busy to watch over your …”
“Do you truly expect me to bite at all your lies, you little kreetek?” She wan`t inclined to believe a word of its. A little bit more of strength and the entire tip of her tail jump out behind its back with small spray of its strange diluted red blood. She lifts it with ease and it suddenly looked to her as an impaled insect. “TELL ME WHERE MY CHILDRENS ARE!”
“Why do you expect me to know that since they were expected to leave with you to kill some rebels?”
“My daughter left with me but I haven`t seen my son since yesterday! Where is he?”
“I can only guess that he is hiding his lazy arse somewhere after his pathetic loss yesterday licking his own wounds and dreaming of some Great Revenge plan as the losers usually done.”
She almost lost her self-control.
“My daughter somehow slopes her bodyguards and …”
“… you are thinking that she did it because Qaggoth-Dthtyar lured her somewhere?”

The question stunned her on her place and she quickly rolls in her mind all possible outcomes. It was quite possible. Trust and care for each other weren`t natural things for any Baatetsu compare to their strife for supremacy over each other. Still she eyed the little creature with distrust.
“And you haven`t set a foot outside the palace? And you haven`t send anyone to hurt my children?”
“No, I haven`t done either one of these things, my mistress. I`ve counted every sabre and arrow in the armory, I`ve checked the supplies and I`ve executed the quartermaster and sent his family for sacrifice for I found that he sold five sacks of grain from our storage for his personal profit.”
She has never caught it to spoke an outright lie after all its centuries of service and she knew that it was probably the truth. Eager to check Qaggoth-Dthtyar`s place for clues she jounce the slave out of her tail. It gnarls in pain and fell heavily on the floor spilling more of its diluted blood around.
“If I ever found that you lied to me all slaves will cry in terror from your fate for the next ten thousand of years!”
Qaggoth-Jeag went to the door but just at the groundsel she stops and spoke over her shoulder.
“Make yourself more presentable, squit! Tomorrow I`ll announce my First Consort!”

As she expected, despite its wound it rises back on its feet albeit with some efforts.
“I will be ready for you, my mistress! You can count on me!”
She saw it eagerness and smiles smelling its arousal. This promised to bring her a lot of joy. Smashing its crazy dreams was always so entertaining …
“I knew that you would be happy that I found a Baatetsu warrior worthy for my attention!”
Instead of its rage and probably pleas and begging it bow with efforts but in silence. Irritated she went outside and her bodyguards followed. Only Baabakght-Yoktushergh left behind and spoke with warning in his tone.
“You must be disappointed and maybe even enraged from your mistresses`s decision. A word of advice: she will never accept you for her First Consort. Just accept it.”
Two of the other lesser creatures went forward tearing parts of their clothes and putting it over the small slave`s wounds. Still it bows its head and spoke with respect.
“I am grateful for your concern Elder One. But the position of First Consort is still vacant.”

He could only incline his horned head in amusement. This lesser creature has provided him with so much and new entertainments already …
“I admire your dedication. For so many centuries you never wavers aside of this goal of yours despite its being impossible. But you must accept it – you aren`t a match even for the most inapt Tenari warrior in a duel and even a thought to stand against someone as Harshuurkk-Bkaurkhast is not just stupid. He is a formidable opponent even for most Baatetsu and for someone as lesser as you … It is truly impossible. I pity you a bit and that is why I bother myself to warn you. Know your place as a slave and you may live a bit more.”
“My place is at my mistresses`s side, my lord. Some tried to take it from me. But I am still here.”
The ancient demon smiles broadly. This reaction was even better than he hoped for. The creature was truly frenzied and it wasn`t probable to heed any warning. Still he tried for one last time.
“He isn`t some fool to fell for your casual tricks, lesser one. Just gave up. It is pointless to struggle against such superior force.”
Even the self-awareness of Baabakght-Yoktushergh cracked when the lesser one bow to him and said evenly.

“Even an elder and experienced person as you could make a mistake. The loss is yours, Elder One.”
“What do you mean?”
“I heard that Harshuurkk-Bkaurkhast is a distant relative of yours.”
“Yes, grand-grandson of a grand-grandson and so on and so forth. And what of it?”
“Usually it is said: I`m sorry for your loss.”
“And??”
“I do not.”
The huge demon towers over the tiny creature.
“Is this a threat, you …”
He swallows “the lesser creature” and the lesser creature notices it.
“You know that I respect you truly. I would not go against you.”
“If you dare to harm my relative I will tear you apart alone!”

“I bow to you will, Elder One.”
The mighty Baatetsu eyes thinned in suspiciouness but in the end he decides that he made the right impression over the lesser creature.
“I will hold you to your word.”
“I know that you always hold to your word, lord. You are a pylon of law and order in the chaos around us and for that I will support you to the best of my abilities.”
Sly smile of disgust and supremacy moves at the demon`s lips.
“I do not need your “support”, slave. I am much older than you and I know how to hold my own.”
He stunned on his place when the slave continue.
“Out of pure respect for you I will do for you something that I`ve never done for anyone who tried to take the position of First Consort from me – I will gift to you the life of your stupid relatives, if you convince him to refuse the place at her side.”
Shocked beyond anything he had experienced before the ancient demon mumbles in astonishment.
“YOU will spare the life of a great Baatetsu noble warrior if HE refuses to become a Princess`s consort?”
Rambulhwa bows with respect.
“Yes, Elder One. For you and you alone I am willing to do it as a gift for you.”
Baabakght-Yoktushergh busted in thunderous laughter and tears began to streaks down from his eys. Unable to stop himself he sat on the floor and began to hit the carpet with his fist.
“You ….” He was howling in laughter. “You … hahahahaa …. will …… hahaha … spare …..hahahahaha… his ….. hahaha … life ….hahahahahaha!”
Behind him Sharab looks at Rambulhwa and she moves a finger over her throat. Rambulhwa sighed heavily. Cruel and ironic smile twists her hard face and she went outside silent as a shadow.

On the next day at midmorning Qaggoth-Jeag sat over the soft pillow in the main hall of her palace. Her court bow to her and sat on their places. Rambulhwa, Gaduilm and Hazzlit-Ilaar took their places behind her. Vlaaskhyr-Ulashiiyagha took her place at Jeag`s right side and the chief bodyguard Yullkogheem-Ralksmankle took her position at Jeag`s left side. 
The door opens but instead the expected Harshuurkk-Bkaurkhast Qaggoth-Shaal enters with small entourage. All demons knelt and Qaggoth-Jeag offers her own place to her mother. She sat and permits the others to sit too. After some time of awkward waiting she signaled Lorgdgaesh-Chetoor and he came closer to her.
“Where is her consort? He should have been here at that time!”
“I`m here.”
They all turn toward the voice`s source. The small creature spoke calm.
“Many years ago my mistress, Qaggoth-Jeag spoke the terms, by which I could have won the right to become her First Consort. And now, at long last, the time has come.”

“WHAT?” Qaggoth-Jeag shouts infuriated. “I`ve never done such a thing!”
Low laughter wallops into the slave`s throat.
“I shall recite your own words, my mistress: “When the sun turns black and the trees starts to fly, when this palace turns to dust and the stones starts to speak then I`ll let you have your way with me…”
“WHAT?” This time even Qaggoth-Shaal`s jaws fell in petrifaction. “Daughter! Did you pronounce these words?”
“I…I…NO! I didn`t …”
“Oh, yes. You did it, mistress. The night when Bharythh-Ikarrgyhtg died with your blade in his throat you said these words to me. And I remembered it well: when we waiting for the right moment to retreat from the old palace you said that the stones start to speak. When your magica shatters the inner courtyard and the trees were torn apart and flew in all directions you confirm another part of your terms. After the Hellfire burned the stones of the old palace to ashes your Magic Advisor spoke the next part of your terms. All that you wanted from me is now done.”
“NO!” Qaggoth-Jeag suddenly hisses with insane fury. “The sun NEVER, NEVER WILL TURN BLACK!”

“Look around you, mistress.” Rambulhwa issue his rough mocking throat laughter without any mirth. “The sun occulation already began!”
When the sun obscuration ate more and more of the sun Qaggoth-Jeag shouts.
“NO! I will NEVER, EVER allow you to touch me again! My consort will eat you alive for this impudance!”
Another short laughter came and Rambulhwa responds.
“And where is he now, mistress?”
“I`ll convince him to steps back!”
All look at Baabakght-Yoktushergh when he pronounces it with face, darker than the immersion itself. Yet it was nothing compare with their wonderment when the door opens and Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya marched inside holding fresh, still covered in blood demonic skin.
“Jeag, from the House of Qaggoth!"

First Consort

Qaggoth-Jeag quickly steps behind her mother and Reshmdrut-Ableddu hold Qaggoth-Shaal`s hand and push her slightly back on the pillow. Behind his bigger sister, the best warriors of Reshmdrut Family line the walls and fill the corridors. Reshmdrut was big Family famous with its highly disciplined, talented warriors many of whom stood behind his sisters and brothers in front of the Queen herself. They didn`t hold their weapons but the few members of the royal guards stepped back in tight defensive semi-circle closer and closer to their mistress.
When Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya saw Qaggoth-Shaal she bows but she didn`t knelt.
“JEAG! Step forward and face me yourself! You - the failure of a dauther our Queen has! The weak, lazy, undisciplined, good-for-nothing imitation of a princess without any decency! YOU tried to steal MY BLOODY CONSORT FOR YOURSELF, you miserable reeking of fear thief!”
“What is going on, Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya!” Shaal spoke sharp still sitting next to her consorts. “I demand explanation for your actions here!”
“How long you will let the wretched gaturk to shame you, queen? Until she reaches twenty millenias? Fifty? A hundred? For thousands of years she kills her mates and now she wanted to steal MY First Consort! I challenge her on a duel to death here and now!”

“JEAG! Is it the truth? Were you tried to take the First Consort of another noble Baatetsu?” Qaggoth-Shaal put all her efforts to appear calm and confidant in front of the other Baatetsu, while the only thing she desired most was to beat her stupid daughter to bloody pulp.
Jeag turns pale and began to mumble something.
“SPEAK!”
“He said to me that he will leave her so I thought …”
“… that it will be safe for you to take him …” Qaggoth-Shaal finishes her words before to shout enraged. “Have you ever heard a consort to leave his mistress, you …”
“No, but it could happen!”
“ENOUGH!” Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya`s roar interrupts them. “You wanted him, are you not “princess”? Well, before your death I will give him to you!”
She raises a hand and one heavily armored warrior brought a wide salver. Over it Qaggoth-Jeag saw the head of Harshuurkk-Bkaurkhast. Or at least what was left from it. Instead of the beautiful and strong features of the mighty warrior she saw only the skinned and covered with still fresh blood unrecognizeable remains of a face.
“When I learned for his betrayal I took the eyes that saw into mine when he recited his oath to me!” Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya spoke with delight, watching the shaken princess reaction. “I took his manhood and I forced him to eat it before to skin him alive!”

She grabs the bloodied head and throws it over Qaggoth-Jeag who made an involuntary step back. Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya took the fresh skin of her former First Consort and drops it in front of Jeag`s personal slave, who stood immobile with weapon in hand next to her Magic Advisor.
“Take this, you scum! Make it another armor to extend your collection of your former lover’s remains!”
She turns her attention to the enraged queen and spoke with hard voice.
“In the name of Erida`s Chains That Holds The Pillar Of Honor I, Raakthalyemathya from the Family of Reshmdrut, invoke the right to challenge you – Jeag from the Family of Qaggoth to duel to death for the insult you throw into my face! Talons against talons, tail against tail, teeth against teeth as in the anscient times! And nor queen, nor the goddess herself can deny me the right to defend my honor in combat!”
Qaggoth-Shaal`s face darkens and Jeag spoke quickly.
“Mother! She is insulting your rule by challenging a Princess from the rulling Family! Let me destroy her with my magic and her remains will serve as a reminder to all who …”
She mute when her mother turns her face to look into her eyes.
“The Honor must be bound even into you, Jeag from the Family of Qaggoth. You will take responsibility of your actions in accordance with the laws and the traditions of Baatetsu. You WILL fight her with talons, tail and teeth for the insult YOU throw in her face. There is no other way.”
“But …” Qaggoth-Jeag tremble. “She is much older than me and she is even better warrior than your own Consort! She will tear me apart!”
“I know!”

“And you will let her to do it?! To your own daughter?”
“I will let her to do it to you. Or I must kill her, my Consort and all their warriors. And then her Family will invoke Erida`s Judgement upon me for the breaking of everything that prevents our kind not to feed upon each other until we swallow ourselves.” She sat back with face, harder than the stone floor itself. “A bargain struck is a bargain kept.” Erida made it, she forced us to keep it, to honor it. We lie, we cheat, we steal, we kill … but when the bargain is struck, we keep it. As it is, no matter like it or not. THAT is our HONOR! Baatetsu live and die by the law!”
Qaggoth-Shaal slowly inclines her head left and right.
“My mother forgot what is ment to be and I killed her is such a duel in front of Erida herself. Your only hope to succeed me was to do the same.”
While they spoke Sharas step forward until he came close to Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya. Two of her warriors blocked his way but she only made a slapdash gesture. The lesser creature was no threat to her.
“No matter how you will beg me, I will not spare your mistress, slave. I will …”
“… who told you that SHE is MY mistress, eh?”
Sharas laugh in the engaged demoness`s face.
“My warlord wants Jeag for himself. I do not approve his lust for her, but it is his affair, not mine. But you want to kill her, and that will hurt him a lot. So I will ask you not to kill her. Humiliate her, hurt her all that you like, I don`t really care what you could do to her. Just don`t kill her. You will have your revenge and my warlord will have her arse for himself so you could both take what you want.”

Shaken to the bottom of her boots Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya lower herself until her face level with the lesser creature`s one.
“YOU DARE TO BEG ME FOR THAT?!?”
“Actually no.” Sharas shrugs with indifference. “I was just trying to be polite with you. It never works with your kind but my warlord continues trying it so I too decided to try his way for once.”
She put a hand into one of her pockets and her palm exit with long but thin chain holding small black gem or stone in the middle. Sharas flaps it onto her left forefinger so Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya could have a better look at it.
“This is more to my liking: do not kill my warlord`s girl and I won`t send your firstborn daughter to you piece by piece for the next year. Then maybe your second consort, or your son, or someone from your kin that you care for …” Her words were kind and her tone pleasant and even her stern face softened when she continue smiling at Reshmdrut-Raakthalyemathya`s shock. “Take the right decision.” She smiles again. “Or the left one, hehehehe …”

I'm pretty awful at writing so I will spare you all the cringe and just talk about what's been going on in my playthrough...

I'm at day 590. I can't really say one way or the other what happened in the first couple hundred days (it's a save from a while ago that I jumped back into).

Sarleon has been absolutely cleaning house with my help. The Empire was down to Cez and Janos after I took Ethos. I had also captured Valonbray and traded for Laria. The Fierdsvain are down to only Javiskholm. Ravenstern has been relatively untouched; The D'shar had beat up on the empire pretty bad and I took back a lot of the empire holdings from them as the Marshall of Sarleon. King Ulric *loves* me... I actually had to turn down the marshallship several times because I got tired of doing all the work for him.

I had a couple other castles. I wasn't quite ready to bring the Kingdom of Pendor back yet... I was waiting for the wars with D'Shar and Ravenstern to cease... Lo and behold, Ulric asks me to be Marshall again and I accept because we just declared war on the Empire. I siege and take Cez, which Ulric gives to me. I also take Walven Castle, and Ulric kindly informs me that I own too much and "here's 2500 for your trouble".

This is what I have been waiting for. I tell him to stuff it. Pendor is now on the map! I make Roland a vassal. Baron (Lord??) Hereward decides to raid one of my villages; My good army is garrisoned a bit too far away so I hire a mercenary army and go after him. He's outnumbered 2 to 1 and I capture him... I talk to him and he asks to join me as a vassal, and I accept since he's a good guy. I go to grant him Walven Castle, but wait... He already has 2 castles? He brought his fiefs with him!

It looks like my time as the Marshall of Sarleon has paid off; I have many allies just waiting to jump ship from Sarleon and join with me; All I need to do is capture them whilst not getting steamrolled by my former comrades.

I currently hold Ethos, Laria, Cez and 4 castles; Not a bad start. I plan on taking over the castles left over in my own corner of the map so I do not need to worry as much about enemy armies in my backfield. I will also found a chapter of Knights of the Griffon with the one Qualis gem I have been saving. Hearing of their betrayal at the hands of the Knights of the Lion at the Old Ruins does not sit well with me; I shall lead them to victory against their betrayers and banish the Knights of the Lion when I take Sarleon!

Thanks to all who have worked so hard to bring this mod to us; It is extremely entertaining!

So I have founded the Kingdom of Pendor and defeated the Baccus Empire. I took Ethos and Janos (and their associated villages for myself), and distributed the rest of the fiefs among Agathon, Kyros, and Justus. I was looking at Agathons party and wondering why he had a decent number of Shadow Wolves and Knights of the Phoenix alongside his customary Iron Circle Centurions. I then realized I'd given him the castles containing those two orders, inadvertently making him my new favorite vassal. It's a shame that Maltise and a generic Snake Cult army are currently traipsing around my kingdom, making it difficult for my vassals to leave their castles without getting wrecked.

Back
Top Bottom