[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone has an update on how the tournament in Elacrai will be in the new version 9 of pop? I see the trohpy system was dropped, but not entirely sure about what replaced it. Been trying to read through 40-50 pages but haven´t located it, any hints?

Trophy system to me sounds good, just because thats solid, but very interrested in what too kits place and still prevented save-scumming.

Tournaments are as they are in 3.8. No more trophy system.

If you win, you get rewards.

Except if you try reloading a save right before the tournament if you are unhappy about the rewards, the rewards will not change. They are, randomly, pre-determined. You have no idea what they are unless you win, reload, and refuse the tournament knowing the reward.

The rewards are better than 3.8 in the next version.

MitchyMatt said:
Tournaments are as they are in 3.8. No more trophy system.

If you win, you get rewards.

Except if you try reloading a save right before the tournament if you are unhappy about the rewards, the rewards will not change. They are, randomly, pre-determined. You have no idea what they are unless you win, reload, and refuse the tournament knowing the reward.

The rewards are better than 3.8 in the next version.

Alright, I checked the percentages and right now if the wiki is correct its 20% for qualis gem, and 1% for masterwork noldor sword, 1% for masterwork. noldor bow etc. seeing as theres no way to improve weapons as you can with armour to lordly, it would be nice with a way if being able to accuire such goodies like masterworks and champion noldor horses etc without depending on extreme luck. so it sounded pretty good to me with a trophy system to guarantee that you get what you want. 100 tournaments right now to statistically get these things.

When will there be more info on how these rewards? Will there be higher chances to get gems, masterworks etc? Wish there was blacksmith or qualis potion you could buy to enchance the weapons. The rune weapons are already sorta magic like so perhaps doesnt fit...but a blacksmith like the ko castle would be nide, just for weapons too

heckani said:
Alright, I checked the percentages and right now if the wiki is correct its 20% for qualis gem, and 1% for masterwork noldor sword, 1% for masterwork. noldor bow etc. seeing as theres no way to improve weapons as you can with armour to lordly, it would be nice with a way if being able to accuire such goodies like masterworks and champion noldor horses etc without depending on extreme luck. so it sounded pretty good to me with a trophy system to guarantee that you get what you want. 100 tournaments right now to statistically get these things.

When will there be more info on how these rewards? Will there be higher chances to get gems, masterworks etc? Wish there was blacksmith or qualis potion you could buy to enchance the weapons. The rune weapons are already sorta magic like so perhaps doesnt fit...but a blacksmith like the ko castle would be nide, just for weapons too
Welcome back! Heh, you've missed out quite a lot while you were away it seems, as Alexios of Melitine will be able to upgrade weapons (and shields) in 3.9 :grin: :
8. ALEXIOS OF MELITINE
- adds only allowed modifier to the item (e.g. max for "leather" armors is hardened, not lordly)
- will work with almost all items (only Qualis and unique items are excluded); days to reach each stage are as follows
-- armor/helmet/gloves/boots "metal":---plain/thick/superb(20)----reinforced(30)------------lordly(50)------if body armour(+30)
-- armor/helmet/gloves/boots "leather": plain/sturdy/superb(20)---thick(30)-----------------hardened(50)----if body armour(+30)     
-- shield:------------------------------plain(10)-----------------thick(15)-----------------reinforced(20)
-- arrows/bolts:------------------------plain(10)-----------------largebag(20)     
-- xbow:--------------------------------plain(20)-----------------fine(30)------------------masterwork(50)     
-- bow:---------------------------------plain/fine(20)------------strong(30)----------------masterwork(50)
-- thrown:------------------------------plain(10)-----------------balanced/heavy(15)--------largebag(20)
-- polearm (long axes):-----------------plain(20)-----------------heavy(30)-----------------masterwork(50)   
-- polearm(lances):---------------------plain(20)-----------------fine(30)------------------balanced(50)
-- 1h2h (axes and maces):---------------plain(20)-----------------balanced/heavy(30)--------masterwork(50)
-- 1h2h (most swords):------------------plain/fine/exquisite(20)--balanced OR tempered(30)--masterwork(50) 
-- 1h2h (remaining "swords"):-----------plain/fine(20)------------balanced(30)--------------tempered(20)
-- 1h2h ("lesser"):---------------------plain(5)------------------fine(5)-------------------heavy(5)

Which would probably solve the problem you've explained above :wink:. Changelog from here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,371725.msg8867774.html#msg8867774

For a more detailed list, have a look at the Wikia (although that doesn't have the exact chances for Elacrai's tournament rewards either):
http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/3.9_Full_Changelog

If you send a companion to train your CKO units: I think it would be cool if you get a little bonus if you train them 4 weeks at once. Same principle as in the economy. Quantity discount.

Gorvex said:
For a more detailed list, have a look at the Wikia (although that doesn't have the exact chances for Elacrai's tournament rewards either):

Wait... what?

I have there written 3.8 chances, 3.9 chances and even a link explaining the trophy system that was implemented time ago but dismissed...

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai, click expand to see the 3.9, but soon I'll be removing the 3.8 one and making the 3.9 one the only one in the page, wikia holds memory of changes, meaning you can load and visualize older pages if you still want to give it another go at the actual release and check the 3.8 chances after 3.9 is out.

Sorry Ralyks, I was in a hurry when I linked the wikia page, and I only browsed through the 3.9 changelog list, where I couldn't see any reward item chances. But thanks!

Ralyks said:
Gorvex said:

Wait... what?

I have there written 3.8 chances, 3.9 chances and even a link explaining the trophy system that was implemented time ago but dismissed...

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai, click expand to see the 3.9, but soon I'll be removing the 3.8 one and making the 3.9 one the only one in the page, wikia holds memory of changes, meaning you can load and visualize older pages if you still want to give it another go at the actual release and check the 3.8 chances after 3.9 is out.

That´s interesting when looking at the 3.9 stuff. Missed that earlier.

Seems like it´s way better now. Yet those armours etc, seems a bit wasted. I can buy that or get that other places, and have my blacksmith upgrade it. So I don´t care for winning those items at all.

A horse is especially tempting, but to get a horse that matters, would need to be a champion. And then we´re in the 0,2 * 0,2* * 0,15 = 0,006 * 100 --- so we have a merely 0,6% chance of this happening. I dont like save scumming, especially not on realistic, but here you have to count on luck entirely, extreme luck that is.

The weapons, bows etc. They can be neglected by going for rune weapons, for you and your companions. A few qualis gems are far easier to get.

Imo the changes are better than before, but personally I couldn´t care less about the helmets, boots, weapons etc - because there are other ways, while the horse. That is nearly the only way, perhaps theres better luck just raiding the noldors and hoping to get one in battle.

Thats why i prefer the trophy system - simply because luck I dont like to count on it - it is a tournament of course, and should be fun and random. But I dont think the the changes will affect how much the players care as they can get a hold on the stuff in other, easier ways, and the stuff they want, is still very hard to get, even if winning 100 tournaments. You still wont statistically have the noldor champion spirit horse. You need to do approx 167 tournaments to 100% win the horse. I can see myself doing 120-150 perhaps, but then we´ll be by day 5000 or so. I guess luck is just what needs to be counted on. At least the qualis gem is still 20% thats good news.  :iamamoron:

TL:grin:R I´m never lucky.  :facepalm: I´ll have to go to the forums to enjoy other people being lucky with their loot from tourneys :mrgreen:

Hey guys, love this mod so much. I know this is coming very late, but I saw the new Knighthood orders, the order of the kraken cultists had a native warband looking horse texture (I don't mean to offend anyone if they actually made it), but since all of the other Knighthood orders have custom horses, I made one for the krakens. If you think that a new horse would be beneficial to 3.9, reply/email me and I will attach pictures of it. If not, thanks for just reading my proposition.

looking forward to 3.9,
Scipico

k0nr@d said:
Post a picture (use spaces in its online link).

K0nr@d,
Here is the nexus mod page I created for it:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6216/?tab=files
Enclosed are the .brf, textures, and item_kinds_1 entries (the stats are copied from the native charger)
I hope you like it,
Scipico

Scipico said:
k0nr@d said:
Post a picture (use spaces in its online link).

K0nr@d,
Here is the nexus mod page I created for it:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6216/?tab=files
Enclosed are the .brf, textures, and item_kinds_1 entries (the stats are copied from the native charger)
I hope you like it,
Scipico

KLxG9Ij.png
Hmm, having a look at it, i like the kraken showing on the horse's back. I do like that it has that green-ish color that distinguishes Fierdsvain (idk for the yellow part on the back) and its welcomed that it has similar number of faces and vertices than most of the actual horses

However, there is a problem, "Charger" is not only used by Storm Sisters, but also by Valdis Huscarls, Fierdsvain Rogue Knights, Sarleon Rogue Knights, Barclay Lancers, Barclay Conquistadores, Storm Sisters and some vassals.

This should not replace the Charger horse, but be a new horse only for Storm Sisters.

Wow. Thanks for just looking at it k0nr@d.
About the colors, you can ask me to change them, or change them freely as you like it. I’m happy just being considered for this  :smile:
Tell me anything else you want done by me or if you want to take over the design now. In the case of the charger, I think that I worded my sentence about that wrong. I didn’t mean to say to get rid of it wholly from the game, but I meant that the horse that I made could possibly replace the charger in the storm maiden’s inventory. Also, if you have any other ideas related to texturing, I can try my hand on it to improve PoP.

It is not about the colour, but what is under it. The base fabric is visibly cloned in few places (to remove original symbol?), black kraken is just slapped on the material (material height texture is lost due to that) and normal map doesn't correspond to diffuse one.

k0nr@d said:
It is not about the colours, but what is under it. The base fabric is visibly cloned in few places (to remove original symbol?), black kraken is just slapped on the material (material height texture is lost due to that) and normal map doesn't correspond to diffuse one.

Yeah. I will work on that today. Yup. removed original symbol. I’ll finetune it today if possible. I will go over all of the diffuses and such and update the normal map.

Haku 10 said:
k0nr@d said:
It is not about the colours, but what is under it. The base fabric is visibly cloned in few places (to remove original symbol?), black kraken is just slapped on the material (material height texture is lost due to that) and normal map doesn't correspond to diffuse one.

Yeah. I will work on that today. Yup. removed original symbol. I’ll finetune it today if possible. I will go over all of the diffuses and such and update the normal map.

Sorry. Other account. Same person though

I redid the textures and have posted it on Nexus Mods
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6217/?tab=files
I hope you at least find some insparation for some other thing if you don't want to include it in PoP.
After this, I will not be making any more versions, so I hope someone enjoys it.  :smile:

--- Scipico

Back
Top Bottom