Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements (updated 2011-06-15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finch said:
I have been awarded my first fief, a village. The game asks if I wish to appoint a chamberlain. I say Yes, but where is this Chamberlain? Is he in the Village? And will he automatically appear at whichever fief I am at, or is he based at a specific location always?

I think the chamberlain only appears if you have a castle or town under your control.

Yep, I finally noticed a guy near the Village Elder. I was wandering all over my village trying to see what changed lol. It's a nice addition to the ego :smile:

Gimmick Account said:
Just asking, can we expect a new release shortly, or are you building up for something that's more than just a bunch of fixes? I'm thinking about starting a new game, so a confirmation/denial would be rather helpful!

For the next release I want to be able to include at least one thing that isn't just a fix.  In any case, though, it shouldn't matter for starting new games.  Every new release will remain compatible with saved games from Native and with saved games from previous versions.

Can someone explain how I get money from fiefs? See what happened is I suddenly found I got more than 22K in my treasury, and I did not put any money into it. All I got is 1 village, so I figure I probably got taxes like a few hundred denars each time.

a. Did my 1 village get me all that money in my treasury?
b. Also will the game ever deduct any money from my personal pocket to pay for any fief expenses without telling me?
c. And all the profits from my enterprises, do they go into the treasury or will they go into my pocket by default?
d. Also if I do not take any money from the treasury, and my village gets captured by the enemy, will I lose all the money in the treasury?

zParsifal said:
Gimmick Account said:
Just asking, can we expect a new release shortly, or are you building up for something that's more than just a bunch of fixes? I'm thinking about starting a new game, so a confirmation/denial would be rather helpful!

For the next release I want to be able to include at least one thing that isn't just a fix.  In any case, though, it shouldn't matter for starting new games.  Every new release will remain compatible with saved games from Native and with saved games from previous versions.

Thanks for that information zParsifal, and thanks for your continued support of Mount & Blade: Warband, I'm really grateful.

Finch said:
Can someone explain how I get money from fiefs? See what happened is I suddenly found I got more than 22K in my treasury, and I did not put any money into it. All I got is 1 village, so I figure I probably got taxes like a few hundred denars each time.

a. Did my 1 village get me all that money in my treasury?
b. Also will the game ever deduct any money from my personal pocket to pay for any fief expenses without telling me?
c. And all the profits from my enterprises, do they go into the treasury or will they go into my pocket by default?
d. Also if I do not take any money from the treasury, and my village gets captured by the enemy, will I lose all the money in the treasury?
a. Income from village + from enterprises
b. You'll always have the option from where to pay for fief improvements, if that's what you mean. Or do you mean wages? Not sure about those, either debt I guess or from your personal pocket.
c. To the treasury
d. I know that if it gets raided, you lose some part of the money, albeit not too much. Think it's the same or maybe more for losing the fief.
Not sure about that one though ;/

okay, is it possible to marry a claimant without taking a claimant quest? Because I'd like to be king of entire Calradia, rule and name my kingdom as I like.

Or, what happens if I marry a claimant and then renounce allegiance and become a king myself?

Hi everyone,
I am new at this forum.
Is someone planning to implement polygamy for Diplomacy? (at least for Sarranids and Khergits).
Lovers could be implemented too. Actually, during middle ages, in Europe, most marriages were political or at least arranged between families, so people (both men and women) were often searching for the "true love" outside the couple's boundaries. An important part of the medieval poetry was in fact dedicated to extraconjugal realtionships, so called "courtly love" (as an example Dante Alighieri, in his youth, used to write many famous poems about it). 
Regards to everyone

skonok said:
Hi everyone,
I am new at this forum.
Is someone planning to implement polygamy for Diplomacy? (at least for Sarranids and Khergits).
Lovers could be implemented too. Actually, during middle ages, in Europe, most marriages were political or at least arranged between families, so people (both men and women) were often searching for the "true love" outside the couple's boundaries. An important part of the medieval poetry was in fact dedicated to extraconjugal realtionships, so called "courtly love" (as an example Dante Alighieri, in his youth, used to write many famous poems about it). 
Regards to everyone
Since there is no romance, sex or anything like that in M&B, there wouldn't be any point in implementing that. Well, at least I think so.

Could you please add these two OSP/minimods to your mod pack? I have no idea how to add them and my mod system does not work. It would help other people alot too.

Sea Trade Minimod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163671.0.html

Forts Minimod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80871.0.html

I noticed the occasional gender error
Files version - Diplomacy version : 15 June 2011

Click here
In this screenshot, Emir Atis is wrongly recognized as female.

skonok said:
Hi everyone,
I am new at this forum.

If you have some specific ideas about how acquiring additional husbands/wives ought to work for the player, I'd be interested in hearing them.  (It's an area that's totally opaque to me.  When does someone from the upper class want to be someone else's second or third spouse?  When does a lord with only one daughter agree for her to be another lord's concubine?)

skonok said:
Regards to everyone

There's a thread about infidelity at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170710.0.html.  It had what I thought were some good ideas, but I haven't yet gotten to implementing them.  If you have any ideas, by all means add them there.

Finch said:
I noticed the occasional gender error
Files version - Diplomacy version : 15 June 2011

Click here
In this screenshot, Emir Atis is wrongly recognized as female.

Thanks for the error report!

I would prefer both myself and my spouse to be faithful, but if polygamy is implemented, then all the Factions should be able to 'enjoy' it. After all we should not deny someone a little entertainment.

every time somebody from my liege got new fief message pop up, something like King didnt support lord who has biggest support of other lords for getting fief, but after that always same lord gets that fief. I don't mind for that notification but I find it strange.

one more thing, I think Diplomacy should make more fun for player who is king, make easier to get recognition and other pacts. I'm telling this becouse its very hard to make alliance, to persuade other king in anything. and my old proposition make it possible for king to do direct persuation to other king or lord by giving them fief, money or defensive pact. its real situasion, and I think many players would like to see this in new version. than you zParsifal.

I saw that too. I think of it as the King being the King will always want to have the final word, so even if he actually is in agreement with you, he will insist his word is more right.

I believe zParsifal is aware of that error and will fix it in the next version.
Someone had already mentioned it in the bug thread for original diplomacy one.

Killakot said:
I believe zParsifal is aware of that error and will fix it in the next version.
Someone had already mentioned it in the bug thread for original diplomacy one.

if you are talking about issue that I mentioned that's not bug from original Diplomacy, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom