Developer Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Lav said:
Kersal said:
Dark knights seem to move with a specified plot. In my game they had conquered 2 cities, then i have taken 1 of this city and they come again to retake it. So on endless. Meanwhile the DK loose men and never expand. There is a way to make DK a bit more smart?
DK fixes are planned, but aren't a top priority at the moment.

I understand the DK fixes aren't a priority, but may I make a suggestion? In my last game, I experienced a very similar issue to Kersal. It became a bit of a joke, the DK would take a city, I'd go retake it, build my army off of all the freed prisoners, and I'd take a bunch of DK prisoner. I did this over and over again, eventually building a garrison in one city of over 1300 top flight troops, with a couple hundred DK prisoners that I began recruiting. Awesome fun, no complaints there.

My issue is that after all was said and done, I was only taking cities from the DK, and I had a kingdom of 7 towns...but no castles. Can you at least make the DK go after castles as well as cities?

We'll see. I'm already planning to fix their behavior a bit - for different reasons, but it should affect this kind of situations as well.

SoSwadianWOW said:
I meant also that, i would really to see swadians knights (heavy cavalry) as those real middle-ages knights , not some fairy-tale like. And not to see tounrament-like lances used in warfare ;P (combat lances were made to be light, long and sharp) :wink:
Hey, it's Swadians we're talking about. They even sleep in their tourney armors, what's using a tourney lance in battle compared to that? :grin:

And jokes aside, right now Swadians do have their own line of lances which are visually different and share a certain style. Switching from that would require more modeling, and in the last months I have dealt with enough models for the next couple years at least. :smile:

Okay. Troops and items are ready... I guess. And you know what?

I DAMN HATE TROOPS AND ITEMS!!!

Okay, rant over. Now there's only one major hurdle before I can release the development snapshot. Do not expect much - it's still mostly the same game in a new shell. Okay, so there's lots of background stuff done behind the curtains but it's not like you'll be able to see it at the moment. :smile:

Note that the release is not considered an official release. It is a development snapshot - intended to let the players see and test the stuff that's been done so far. It won't even install into the same folder so as to keep the current official NE version playable. Expect to report lots of bugs. Mostly visual ones, but still. :smile:

And some troop trees.

Lav said:
Okay. Troops and items are ready... I guess. And you know what?

I DAMN HATE TROOPS AND ITEMS!!!

Okay, rant over. Now there's only one major hurdle before I can release the development snapshot. Do not expect much - it's still mostly the same game in a new shell. Okay, so there's lots of background stuff done behind the curtains but it's not like you'll be able to see it at the moment. :smile:

Note that the release is not considered an official release. It is a development snapshot - intended to let the players see and test the stuff that's been done so far. It won't even install into the same folder so as to keep the current official NE version playable. Expect to report lots of bugs. Mostly visual ones, but still. :smile:

And some troop trees.

Made me so hot  :oops:

Okay, let's make a tally.

1. New items are ready.
2. Troops have been re-equipped, tweaked to properly use new items and have matching skills.
3. Item modifiers have been redone.
4. Item-related skill modifiers have been added to a number of items.
5. NE looting has been fixed to generate looted item modifiers more realistically.
6. Trade has been fixed to consider prosperity and culture when generating inventories.
7. Spearwall code has been modified to automatically detect polearms and their lengths instead of only working with a selected handful of polearms.
8. Battle auto-resolve has been re-written, party strengths are now calculated dynamically. Player party receives a major penalty in auto-battle.
9. Battle auto-resolve is now applied to all auto-battles, not only DK ones.
10. Unique item looting has been disabled for now.
11. Companions Overseer minor improvements.
12. Temporarily changed Forest Bandits back to pure melee type.
13. Tweaked town/village walkers.
14. Made some groundwork for livelier towns (so far only living horses have been implemented using this mechanism).
15. Implemented Banner Standardization Pack, enabled some additional banners for player.
16. Fixed a number of bugs.

There's a distinct lack of non-factionized weapons of mid- and high-tiers. Going to be fixed in later releases.

And some tweaks and tests still to be run.

Other that that, we're almost good to go.

It's unlikely I'll be deploying today, but no later than the weekend. :smile:

Some more updates.

I have removed special party icons for marshal parties, and overall tried to decrease the global map poly count. On my machine this didn't completely eliminate the black party bug when "load textures on demand" option is turned off, but at least considerably tuned it down. On more powerful machines it will hopefully allow to run NE with no issues without on-demand texture loading. Considering that the size of Resource + Textures folders has almost doubled compared to v0.610b, I consider this a major achievement.

A number of minor graphical bugs have been found and fixed. Since the bugs are mostly related to resource overhaul (and thus not known to any players) I won't bother you with the details.

More importantly, I'm currently removing tutorial, quick battle and multiplayer code into separate code plugins, and so far this was successful. While this does not have any direct effect on players' experience, it essentially means that all code related to tutorial, or quick battle, or multiplayer is now stored separately and is easy to access and tweak without affecting the rest of the module code. Which converts to much easier modification of said aspects of the game, making later re-introduction of them into Native Expansion much easier. So even though Tutorial, Quick Battle and Multiplayer are still disabled for NE, the chances that they will re-appear in the future have at the very least doubled. :smile:

Meanwhile, without raising a fuss, Forest Bandits were quietly retrieving their ranged weapons from hidden stashes...

But they were not the only ones who was getting ready to rob and pillage some unwary players...

Voila!

I have long planned to go through lord conversion dialogs in order to find out why it's so damn hard to persuade anyone at all to switch to your banner, as I strongly suspected there's some bug in calculations. However I was beaten to it by another, and it seems this is Native bug, simply inherited by NE. Essentially, the code calculating the effect of castles and towns on your argument strength (the more walled centers you have, the more seriously the lord will consider your proposal) is completely non-functional. No matter how many castles and towns you have, the NPC lords think your empire only has one castle.

It's like president of Cuba coming to governor of Texas and trying to persuade him to secede USA and join the mighty and powerful Cuba... :wink:

This is easily my favorite mod, keep up the good work. I'm glad to see it's being updated again - those troop tree changes should really help balance the game.

I'm also glad to see forest bandits will become more than an early-game farm source.

I'm sure you are aware and it has been addressed, but has some of the wonky weapon itemization been revised? In particular, 1h/2h swords such as the Long Sword were remarkably overpowered compared to the rest of the weapons in the game. I know that a similar issue regarding armor was fixed in the last official version and it helped balance the game tremendously.

Okay, last month was a big chaotic as I was left with extremely limited and intermittent internet access to the forums and code repository. Mostly resolved by now, and should be finally resolved by the end of March.

Meanwhile, my initial attempt to implement the "improved outlaws" development arc has stumbled - outlaws affect too many aspects of the game to be introduced easily. So the next version will still have the old-style outlaws as I want to handle the quest system first before introducing new outlaws to complement it. Hence, not the coming version, and probably not the version after it.

Instead, I have selected a number of smaller features that do not rely much on other stuff, so I can implement them fully for the coming version and forget about them with a clear conscience. Plus bugfixes, balance tweaks et cetera based on initial feedback for DEV version (and great thanks for all your reports - I'm reading them all even if I don't respond in time).

wuhuu,all the time i played old version NAE  :lol:
and finally download 6.10 (i see here have 6.20 but i cant see link) ?  :facepalm:

and 1 question: how to read books?
i mean,i know how to read,but when i do that,and i go check it's say "you dont read any book" and % say 0
is it bug?

i found favorite armor ,and on 6.10 he is WEAK  :shock: :???: 34 Def  :roll:
http://postimg.org/image/9jlpggggx/

p.s. i like new troops tree
what is brutally mod doing ?  :mrgreen:

i think looting and burn village not work,when i do that, game just Pause,nothing+lost honor,but no looting
Dark Knights come too early,50th day and they attack,WTF  :shock:
DK is so strong and they are too much,i dont know how to kill them,any idea? this MOD is really nice,but some things need change,i think need more time to pass then DK can start attack.
Nord's "King/Vassals party" they are not on horses,they look like "patrol" ,they are walkers.
please dude,if u can fix this things in next update (I hope it will be)
No need more unit's or items,food .
new food? bread +8,+9 moral,but who make "better" food? no option to upgrade Mill's?
I think there is no need even more "extras".

Okay, I'm back with a vengeance. :smile:

Awfully sorry for long absence.

I'll be dealing with the accumulated backlog until the end of week.

Back
Top Bottom