OSP Code Combat Deployable Pavise Shield (Multiplayer 6/6/2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

Awesome stuff right here.

EDIT: Having looked at the code, it seems pretty simple to convert to a multiplayer code. Also another idea: The shield could be a destructable scene prop?

Added the destructible version.  Unfortunately, because of the complications of keeping track of and associating prop & shield damage (not to mention applying shield damage is impossible) this version can't be changed back to a shield.  You can use it as a shield then deploy it, but not pick it up again.
Also, it says "Destructible target" if you get close to it.  Unavoidable too..

Wonderful thing!
tried that with the spawn_item operation: didnt had a collision until one picked it up and the bolts passed it like nothing!

Do you thing one can do it with cav-barriers/stockades too?  So that one can cast a cav trap on battlefield.
these ones in the middle of the pic:
2cn9mjk.jpg

spawn_item does exactly what it says: spawns an item so you can pick it up and use it. Only scene prop items have collision.
You could have it spawn those spikes, although the orientation would be off when you do so, most likely facing you or something. In addition, they would only impede cavalry, and not deal any damage unless you coded a trigger or something.

Multiplayer version tested and works.
Side note: don't use spawn_item or spawn_scene_prop in multiplayer or you'll get fatal synchronization errors.

For the multiplayer version to work, you have to place (in Edit mode) pavise scene props at z position -100 (far underground).
However many pavise scene props you place there, that is the limit for the players.

Cartread said:
Side note: don't use spawn_item or spawn_scene_prop in multiplayer or you'll get fatal synchronization errors.
Hmm, there were couple codes for multy (I remember medpacks), using spawn_scene_prop successfully, so the problem is not in that operation

GetAssista said:
Cartread said:
Hmm, there were couple codes for multy (I remember medpacks), using spawn_scene_prop successfully, so the problem is not in that operation

Double checked spawn_scene_prop and it doesn't give a fatal error, but props spawned by a client don't show up for the host.

Cartread said:
Double checked spawn_scene_prop and it doesn't give a fatal error, but props spawned by a client don't show up for the host.
Because you don't arrange it in a proper client-server way perhaps? Look here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,94641.msg2490864.html#msg2490864

So i could not get this implemented into my mod.

I've been able to get custom commander and diplomacy mod to mix together but I am compltely stumped with this one...
I get a huge fat error showing the mission template code... Doesn't say sytax error or anything else..
Anyone else experiencing this? OR any tips on implementing this aweosme script?

I really like the idea of your mod, but when trying to implement it, it won't work.

The compiler is giving me a very nasty error: "unexpected indent" while showing at the first bracket of your code in module_mission_templates.py:
( 0, 0, 0,
^

When I delete your code, it compiles without problems. That damn error is stopping the completion of my project. What could be the cause of this nuisance?

Bismarck said:
I really like the idea of your mod, but when trying to implement it, it won't work.

The compiler is giving me a very nasty error: "unexpected indent" while showing at the first bracket of your code in module_mission_templates.py:
( 0, 0, 0,
^

When I delete your code, it compiles without problems. That damn error is stopping the completion of my project. What could be the cause of this nuisance?
Perhaps there's a comma or somesuch missing from that or the previous line?

Are you using M&B or Warband?
Which of the 3 pavise codes are you using?
If you post the entire mission temp, I could check it for bugs.

Side note: works for Warband 1.125

Lol nikce we need this kind of little improvements, thats  why i like open source.
By the way nice u got in OPS to

Back
Top Bottom