Defeating enemy facations

Users who are viewing this thread

Wump

Recruit
Do enemy factions surrender in this mid?  If so what is the condition?

I have now have taken all of the fiefs belonging to 2 different factions,yet there lords are still running around raiding?

Wump said:
Do enemy factions surrender in this mid?  If so what is the condition?

I have now have taken all of the fiefs belonging to 2 different factions,yet there lords are still running around raiding?
I'll check to make sure that enemy factions are surrendering. there could be a bug there.

Alavaria said:
Is that the odd respawning out of thin air bug?
If they have a fief they will respawn there. I haven't had the time to fully check what happens when a faction is defeated. Maybe one of the new scripts are conflicting with the surrender check.

That bug's in Warband itself, and it's been around for awhile. You'll find it everywhere from Native and Diplomacy to SoD. My current Native game even has a bunch of Jarls running around raiding by themselves after the Kingdom of Nords has officially been defeated.

Ok this is absurd. The enemy faction is immortal. All fiefs are taken. The only way to get the faction to die is to capture all of the lords cause even if you beat them up they respawn.... Adeodatus for example keeps respawning even though there are no fiefs. Stupid Imperial Legion won't die and even with 50+ relations none of them will join me.... This is annoying. Its impossible to capture or find them without cheating since they only have 1 person parties.... Also even when defeated they respawn. Adeodatus has respawned several times....

Personally i did not get one, they re-spawned all over the map and its impossible to turn them over.Even lords which i have 100 relation with still hail Ragnar as a great king.I also got a weird bug after Ragnar was defeated he spawned in a Swadian castle and i made peace with him but instead of being at peace with the Nord i was at peace with Swadian.

Indeed I have noticed this as well even in the old 3.0b. The Khergits had been defeated ages ago, as in they had no castles left yet they still roamed the countryside raiding their 5-7 enemies. I decided to give them a hand and gave a lord like 300+ men, and he was pwning everyone, yet didn't try to conquer anything. After a few months -to a year they still roamed the country, even though they had lost most of their lords either to prisons or to other factions. Also the Khan kept respawning with an army despite being defeated 30 times.

Cheers

Merker said:
Indeed I have noticed this as well even in the old 3.0b. The Khergits had been defeated ages ago, as in they had no castles left yet they still roamed the countryside raiding their 5-7 enemies. I decided to give them a hand and gave a lord like 300+ men, and he was pwning everyone, yet didn't try to conquer anything. After a few months -to a year they still roamed the country, even though they had lost most of their lords either to prisons or to other factions. Also the Khan kept respawning with an army despite being defeated 30 times.

Cheers

Yes this is quite annoying. I can't recruit any of their lords and they keep attacking my villages.  :cry: They are like annoying roaches. No matter how many you kill they respawn and they are too fast to catch most of the time. I guess I will just make peace with them but its lame that you can't kill them off.

I've had problems with the Nords never dying myself. Specifically, they seem to be able to respawn in allied and/or neutral towns and castles. I've seen "parties" of Jarls at my towns (I'm the one who killed them all and hold their towns, so it's a bit awkward) that consist of the lord at 0% HP and no troops, meaning they just spawned there.
When they declare war on me, I'll sometimes run down a lone lord raiding a village all by himself.
To give him a fighting chance I like to order my army to hold, dismount, then give him the first three or four swings.

Back
Top Bottom