Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Right-o, so I followed the guide, went to the single port forwarding part, forwarded 7240 in the thingie in my internet browser, set rules for my firewall (inbound rules, set 7240 to be forwarded, did 2 rules so I got TCP and UDP or whatever :grin:) and then booted up the .bat file, but all I can do is see 2 servers in LAN, but no one seems my actual server in the Internet browser. If someone could help that would be lovely.
Router: Cisco E1200

George_Orwell said:
Right-o, so I followed the guide, went to the single port forwarding part, forwarded 7240 in the thingie in my internet browser, set rules for my firewall (inbound rules, set 7240 to be forwarded, did 2 rules so I got TCP and UDP or whatever :grin:) and then booted up the .bat file, but all I can do is see 2 servers in LAN, but no one seems my actual server in the Internet browser. If someone could help that would be lovely.
Router: Cisco E1200

If you can see the server in your LAN section that means that the server is successfully running. Most probably you haven't forwarded your port correctly since people outside your LAN cannot see your server.

First of all, make sure that you’ve entered a correct IP address when you forwarded the port. You can do this by going to Run, Type "cmd", once a black console appears type "ipconfig" and write down the IP Address, make sure that you don't confuse this with the Default Gateway.

Also, people tend to forget to tick the "Enable" button as instructed in the below picture.
kb17241-004_en_v11.png

Even though the below guide is for the Linsys WRT120N which is also a CISCO device, the GUIs should most likley be similar.

Port Forwarding Guide

Right, so I got the server set up, but how do I get admin/give admin to other players? The admin pass thing is a little weird, both the player password and the admin password work, but neither one gives anyone admin. If this is a different feature and we're doing something incorrectly, please say so, as without admin and the proper time limits set (explain that thoroughly too, please) we can't host this server. So far, I've tried inputting the commands directly through the .exe, and they seemed to have worked perfectly; is it that we didn't restart the server properly, or another issue? Please help. Thanks. 

- Franz and George

There are three passwords that you can set, just copy and paste the below in your NW_Sample_GAMEMODE.txt and replace the text in capital with the password that you desire.
Please do note that all passwords are case sensitive.

Code:
#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
set_pass_admin ADMIN

#Regular password
set_pass REGULAR

#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
set_pass_private PREMIUM

if i host more then one server on the same computer will my other server have to lessen in terms of player max

romandude said:
if i host more then one server on the same computer will my other server have to lessen in terms of player max

That depends on your bandwidth and CPU power.

Plz can someone help me ive did everything right but everytime i try to join my server i get kick plz help ive still had no reply thanks

i have a problem.... i have a VDS  on server 2008 . my problem is dedicated server crushes after few minutes when player join and start to playin at my server. dedicated runnin steam and no vac .

I found a vast performance improvement when hosting multiple NW servers on a Linux box via wine!

Copy /yourwineuserhomefolder/.wine to /var/wine/wine1
And copy /usr/bin/wine to /var/wine/winesrv1

After that,
start the servers via WINEPREFIX=/var/wine/wine1 /var/wine/winesrv1 wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r 1.txt -m Napoleonic Wars

not via wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r 1.txt -m Napoleonic Wars

This makes sure that every NW server gets it's own wineserver instance. Otherwise the wineserver will decrease the overall gameserver performance because of being exhausted.

well I need help when I start it it says erro reading log and don't see the sever up I hav good internet and a good alienware computer with 10 GB plz help

I've done all the steps correctly, but port 7240 is still unreachable :shock:
Can someone help me? (At least the server shows up in the lan list)

Hey so I tried running a dedicated server on my machine (I have fast internet and computer) but I am only able to run a napoleonic wars server. When I run the NS commander_battle start batch file it only gets up to the point of "Input: Start" and I don't see it on the internet list while for the NW server I do see it on the internet list and I can join it.

It doesn't go on like the NW server all the way to
"Input: Start 
Starting Mission... 
Command file is read.   
Input:"

So its not an internet issue, its just a file issue most likely.
Thanks for any help!

Ok... It seems like this thread is dead or something, but I found the answer. Since my router's IPS is blocking my ports, I had to use a "upnp opener".

Just google it and  download it. It is much better than doing it like in the "guide".

How to use it:
Extract it(if it's zipped)
Start it.
Select port.
Press "Open port" or "Forward port".

So how much would it cost me if I use 5TB HDD?

I checked ServerSteals, it is charing $200 for 6TB is it fair price?

Or are you using any other server rental service?

Let me know!

Thanks

ok syr for this I know its probably many times asked but I'm can only see the server in LAN not in I-net and so can't the others
any help ?
My ports should be open because it worked on an other PC

Hey I've Done Everything (even tho at 1st i was entering commands manually) but now I've made the .bat file and it starts up with no errors or anything. but i cant see my server in the server list on internet or LAN. I've honestly checked my ports like a dozen times and there's nothing wrong there to my knowledge (there possibly might be tho). Since i wasn't able to see my router on the list its a Actiontec MI424-WR_Rev.D that has a VERY SIMILAR layout as the Listed "Rev.E" with a few differences. so if anyone know's what else could possibly be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom