Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

My download speed is always 1.2 MB/s, which is really fast. CPU is great, so I might think of hosting something interesting. :wink:
Thanks, Vince.

so i got the server all set up (sadly with the wrong name) but when i tried to go on for the first time it said server running ona a older version then you. im not sure what to do from there

Not sure if anyone could lend a hand with this. I have our server set up and running, but it starts on a randomly generated map (which is oddly the same exact map every time, like it generated and saved one to start with). Also, when you finish a map, it goes back to that map it started on. I'm not sure if something is wrong in my text file or not.

set_pass_admin XXXXX
set_server_name 1tesWfs_Public
set_welcome_message Welcome! Please be courteous to other players. If you're interested in joining a historically minded and fun regiment, check us out on the Taleworlds forums!
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
set_mission multiplayer_tdm
set_max_players 64 64
set_num_bots_voteable 20
add_map scn_mp_hougoumont
add_map scn_mp_french_farm
add_map scn_mp_arabian_village
add_factions fac_britain fac_britain
add_factions fac_austria fac_austria
add_factions fac_prussia fac_prussia
add_factions fac_france fac_france
add_factions fac_russia fac_russia
set_randomize_factions 1
set_upload_limit 200000000
set_port 7240
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

Alright I changed that section to

set_map scn_mp_arabian_village
add_map scn_mp_hougoumont
add_map scn_mp_french_farm

but it still generated the random map instead. Any ideas?

Thanks Vince!

A put it like this and it works fine
And now it starts whit desert

set_map random_multi_desert_medium
add_map mp_river_crossing
add_map mp_champs_elysees
add_map mp_champs_elysees_rain
add_map mp_french_farm
add_map mp_french_farm_storm
add_map mp_landshut
add_map mp_schemmerbach
add_map mp_spanish_farm
add_map mp_spanish_village_evening
add_map mp_strangefields_storm
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map random_multi_desert_forest_medium
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map random_multi_snow_medium_snow
add_map random_multi_desert_medium

But a have a problem.
is ther any way to set upp the server that it change map after 3 wins in commander battel
Cant find it in readme file how to do that.

Is ther any way to set upp the server that it change map after 3 wins in commander battel
Cant find it in readme file how to do that.

I have a problem. I followed the guide and I can see the server but other people can't. Which files do I have to execute to start the server on the right way?

Bioz said:
I have a problem. I followed the guide and I can see the server but other people can't. Which files do I have to execute to start the server on the right way?

Sounds like your ports aren't configured correctly. There are many guides online how to forward a port that you can use.

I'm hosting a server I can see it in the LAN section. I read that the person hosting it off the PC will see if off the LAN section, but his friends will see it in the internet section. My friends couldn't see it in the internet section, and I did open my ports correctly.

Any help will be appreciated.

I set the port too but there's always the same problem!! please help. and one more thing: DO I have to run dedicated_server.exe or dedicated_server_steam.exe? I suppose that I have to use the one with steam because My NW is on it

I have a windows pc, but my router is Apple! That means the steps on portforward.com are for apple, and i have a windows OS. So the instructions are of no use for me.

Please help!

Sincerely, AtheistOverlord.

Back
Top Bottom