Darwin Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, it's the best racist story I've ever heard.

On his first try, the people were undercooked, so he threw them to Europe. On the second, they were overcooked, so he threw them to Africa. Finally, they were just right, and that's what formed Filipinos. :lol:

images

Danik said:
Ok, basically a single cell with unknown origin just decides (and have intelligence enough, not to mention initiative) to evolve to even more sophisticated organisms and later become everything which exists today, throught inventing the ability to reproduce by the intelligence and ideas which came out of nowhere. The single cell also was lucky enough to be on the correct planet where it could actually adapt to the conditions, as the sun was precisely optimised not to be too hot or too cold for adaption. Where is the overwhelming proof when you need it!

Where you got the notion that evolution required conscious effort is beyond me. Or how conscious effort could make an organism "begin evolving" at all. Yet again you've managed to demonstrate that you don't understand it at all.

And the old fine tuning nonsense. I'll deal with that in a minute.

Tuckles said:

On his first try, the people were undercooked, so he threw them to Europe. On the second, they were overcooked, so he threw them to Africa. Finally, they were just right, and that's what formed Filipinos. :lol:

images
That is... wow :lol:

Tuckles said:

Actually, a very similar story was in a compilation of Native Americans stories I read. But it explained that whites were sunburnt too easily and the blacks froze, while the American Indians were made to "all-round humans" and were perfect for any enviroment.

Magorian Aximand said:
Danik said:
Ok, basically a single cell with unknown origin just decides (and have intelligence enough, not to mention initiative) to evolve to even more sophisticated organisms and later become everything which exists today, throught inventing the ability to reproduce by the intelligence and ideas which came out of nowhere. The single cell also was lucky enough to be on the correct planet where it could actually adapt to the conditions, as the sun was precisely optimised not to be too hot or too cold for adaption. Where is the overwhelming proof when you need it!

Where you got the notion that evolution required conscious effort is beyond me. Or how conscious effort could make an organism "begin evolving" at all. Yet again you've managed to demonstrate that you don't understand it at all.

And the old fine tuning nonsense. I'll deal with that in a minute.
Every decent result require conscious effort. Unless it's just luck, which obviously cannot be the case. Conscious effort require intelligence - could that evolve from anything? Are you able to prove what caused the evolvement process?

It's just chemistry.
Heck, even a simple pH imballance can store a large amount of potential chemical energy, and such and similiar imbalances are what most organisms are based around, for example cellular osmosis.

The vents at the bottom of the ocean would have been an ideal place for the first hydrocarbons to begin becoming more complex.

Danik said:
Every decent result require conscious effort. Unless it's just luck, which obviously cannot be the case. Conscious effort require intelligence - could that evolve from anything? Are you able to prove what caused the evolvement process?

Why can luck not be the case? It isn't obvious to me.

After billions of years and trillions of life forms, you've got pretty good odds of crazy **** happening.

Danik said:
whites were sunburnt too easily and the blacks froze

Just kinda curious, what is it about black people that makes them freeze faster? Wouldn't the darkness of their skin make it such that they absorb more of the energy from the sun than anyone else?

Tuckles said:
After billions of years and trillions of life forms, you've got pretty good odds of crazy **** happening.

And upon the billion billion planets, it'd be kinda weird that life not appear on some of them.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Danik said:
whites were sunburnt too easily and the blacks froze

Just kinda curious, what is it about black people that makes them freeze faster? Wouldn't the darkness of their skin make it such that they absorb more of the energy from the sun than anyone else?

It's just a racist origin story with no scientific basis. Chillax. :lol:

Tuckles said:
Danik said:

Why can luck not be the case? It isn't obvious to me.

You are taking his hook. His "premise" that every decent result requires intelligence is without any basis and thus without value.

Back
Top Bottom