Need More Info d3d_device_context Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9.34269
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2024-03-03_18.55.55_17c96860b48fb4d4c1ed3e239229fc39
Summary: Sporadically getting this crash when playing. I've tried the suggestions in other threads about increasing pagefile memory, lowering graphics, reinstalling, deleting shaders, verifying cache with steam, etc. but im still getting this crash maybe 30 minutes into playing. Seems like once it crashes once it will crash very quickly if i try to re-open the game again.
How to Reproduce: No common denominator, but seems more frequent when going into dialogue or going into a trade menu.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Drive v 551.62 Released 02/22/2024
CPU: Intel Core i7-14700KF
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z790-V WiFi - WiFi 5, ARGB Header (3), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (3)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB SSD

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
This is the only game that is having issues on my system, so I don't think my GPU is the issue. As I'm now out of the refund window on steam I'd really appreciate some assistance with this as I've paid for software that doesn't work.

This is the only game that is having issues on my system, so I don't think my GPU is the issue. As I'm now out of the refund window on steam I'd really appreciate some assistance with this as I've paid for software that doesn't work.
Welcome to bannerlord. ^__^

I have this same error in the city "Amitatys". When I enter the scene, the GPU crash.

As you at TaleWorlds are sure that it is a gpu error, because this error is present in several gpus.

Same crash here, I have over 250 games and never experienced this before. Sounds weird that it's my GPU and nothing to do with the game. I have ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC V2
Drivers updated today among with 15 other things to try and make this game work. Been doing tutorial and the first few combats in singleplayer mode, 30 min gameplay and 2 hours trying to make the game run

Don't let them gas light you on this. I make Bannerlord content on Youtube and I just bought a brand new PC (3 weeks old, 4070TiSuper) and I can't even make more videos on Bannerlord because it crashes so much with version 1.2.9. Like you, every other game I play runs completely fine but they insist on telling all of us that it's our GPU's! I just installed it on my gaming laptop (GTX 3070, never had Bannerlord installed) and guess what? Same error at the creation menu. So what's more likely? That we collectively all have bad GPUs that only break while playing Bannerlord or that there's a big problem with patch 1.2.9? The most common thing I see is that we all have NVidia GPUs so I'm guessing it's some conflict with the latest drivers. Don't waste your time (like I did) with fresh installs and all that. It likely won't work and you can scroll through these forums and the Bannerlord sub reddit to see many people having the same problem. Let's hope they iron it out soon but according to them there's not even a problem so we'll see.

i just purchase this game last week, and playing this game with happy heart and 2 first days, and then the game start crash every 10-15mnts but i still fine with it, and 2 last days i cant even log in to menu game, so much headache. this game is great and stupid in the same time

I am also having the same issue, however i can play the game if i launch from the actual Bannerlord.exe within the games directory and it will work perfectly fine... saying this is a GPU issue is frustrating.

Try this

Clean out old shader caches

Locations of Shaders -

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".
(4) possible Cloud caches ?? not sure where though.

Redownload, reverify.

Hope this helps.

Try this

Clean out old shader caches

Locations of Shaders -

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".
(4) possible Cloud caches ?? not sure where though.

Redownload, reverify.

Hope this helps.
Tried these steps and still same issue, check this screenshot out Image (top right village icons)

What is confusing to me is running the game directly though the .exe i have no problems at all.... only negative is i cannot use mods if i want to.

*edit Also wanting to add that when i get a full blown CTD i also lose sound from my headset, i have to restart my pc and unplug/replug my headset reciever in for it to work again.. wtf

That's a unique problem, I haven't seen that before. Having texture problems suggest your GPU drivers. Players have found that the latest AMD and nvidia drivers have issues, returning to the previous ones to fix problems. All i can suggest is play around with GPU drivers ?

I would love to debug the code, I suspect there is a rogue pointer problem there somewhere ?

That's a unique problem, I haven't seen that before. Having texture problems suggest your GPU drivers. Players have found that the latest AMD and nvidia drivers have issues, returning to the previous ones to fix problems. All i can suggest is play around with GPU drivers ?

I would love to debug the code, I suspect there is a rogue pointer problem there somewhere ?
If it was the driver should that not be effecting the main .exe also? I have no problems running it that way, although...

Yesterday i decided to try get it working again through the launcher, eventually it crashed so i jumped straight back in via the workaround bannerlord.exe, that started to degrade graphically until a d3d-error popped up, frustrated i terminated the game via task manager and decided to play another game, that game also crashed immediantly on startup, the only fix was a full reboot of my system, whatever this problem is it persists and even onto other games until reboot, once rebooted everything is fine.

Played bannerlord for 5 hours last night via the .exe with zero issues, i am about ready to give up on it.

Sounds like you have a system issue, maybe a over-heating GPU ? Do you monitor your temps ? I use to have similar issues with my old computer, on cool nights it was fine but in the day, hot days , it would play up.

I use a program called hWinFO64 , it shows many conditions in the task bar - CPU temp, Motherboard temp , ChipSet, GPU, Fan speeds etc etc. You can also set Alarms .

Don't forget to test your hardware.

Back
Top Bottom