Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

another phenomenon is somewhat irritating: The Weapon Smith, Horse Mearchant and Armourer in this mod do have rather imbalanced stuff: either it´s crap, or goes straight the "heavy line". Things like "Hardened Light Leather" armour for example I never got to see in quite some hours of playing - but loads of battered tunics or heavy lamelled(?) or elaborate armour, a spirited steppe horse turned up once, but heavy/Champion Warhorses/Chargers in dozens. The Bows sometime go straight from "bent huntingbow" to Warbows and their like, swords and polearms the same. Is that meant this way?

greetings DuncanIdaho

DuncanIdaho said:
another phenomenon is somewhat irritating: The Weapon Smith, Horse Mearchant and Armourer in this mod do have rather imbalanced stuff: either it´s crap, or goes straight the "heavy line". Things like "Hardened Light Leather" armour for example I never got to see in quite some hours of playing - but loads of battered tunics or heavy lamelled(?) or elaborate armour, a spirited steppe horse turned up once, but heavy/Champion Warhorses/Chargers in dozens. The Bows sometime go straight from "bent huntingbow" to Warbows and their like, swords and polearms the same. Is that meant this way?
The wares they have is totally random, this is unchanged from native. There champion horses are rarer than spirited ones and these are rarer than heavy.

In my game I only noticed that the new items appeared more often but that is the result of the number of items added in the mod.

Hi @SwadianJedi,

...where to did you extract? There you´ll find the files.

There is no install, but copy&paste, like the install instruction says. Where to depends. What is the install path of your game? You´ve got a folder "modules" in the main game folder, and there you´re right.

Hope I could help,

greetings DuncanIdaho

Hi, SwadianJedi,

...if you don´t find anything in the "...\modules\CustomSettlement0.675\"  folder it seems you made a mistake copying. There should be the subfolders \languages, \music, \resource, \sceneobj, \sounds and \textures as well as some .txt .bmp and .ini files. Depending on which kits or addons you have there can be as well the folders \modulesystem and \sceneobjall. Try searching your download directory to find this stuff and copy&paste the named subfolders and the files into \modules\CustomSettlement0.675\  and everything should work.

Hopefully you get this right, because this mod is changing gameplay in a very cool way and is really fun to play.

greetings DuncanIdaho

Hi to all,

now the experimental part seems do be fixed and done, a few remarks and questions about this basically great mod.

I love to play with a more or less balanced army, a bit heavy on the projectile side. Here the possibility to choose, before recruiting, faction and with that the develop line, is a reeeaaally cool feature. So I can go with my beloved Vaegir archers, accompanied by rhodok spears, swadian knights, nord huscarles and those (as enemies) hated khergit HAs. GREAT thing made here!!!

The possibility to build from scratch made me choose this mod in the first place, this too is a very dear feature of this game. Thanks for that.

The amount of heroes - got no idea what they are for, I stick with the known ones from native (being too lazy to search the stats of some 25-30 people :wink: )...except Rawer, makes next to Deshavi a nice contrast as bodyguard :wink:

The basic problem I had, CTD at the weapon smith (which made me stop playing CS for some days) is solved. So thanks to the tips in the forum no more stress here.

What annoys me really is the unbalanced and fancycoloured stuff you get at the horse merchant and the armourer.

80% are those slowhoofed(?) warhorses and chargers, sometime half a dozen as spirited or champion (haven´t seen ONE Champion Steppe Horse in all gameplay, and only one Champion Courser), dressed up in all know and even some unknown colours definitely doesn´t suit my way of playing. Please, is there any way to get back the randomly choosen balance of native? And if, how is it done?

The same applies to the armours shown. Leather (for me) should look like leather, not like the dress of a Frankfurt whore at saturday night. Here again, any chance to "rebuild" to native balance?
Sorry if I insult anyone of the artists with this remark, it´s all about personal opinion and preferrance, not about putting down the work that is needed to make all these things - so forgive me, please :wink:

What was a positive surprise with the "+3" package was the shortened building time. Very good for my impatience :wink:, thanks for that part as well.

... and now, cause my typing is really poor, I finish.

@Berpol: If it will be you to give the instruction for the questions above, please do it in german, okay? Thanks!

now-really-happily-playing-along greetings, DuncanIdaho

aftermath: could it be that, creating a "mega wave of bandits", there is created a mega wave of peasants, too? Had too few enemies to keep morale high - and now the peasant leaders do have much more troops than before I created megawave.
Thought I had been reading about a limit to which mercenaries gather. Have two heaps of mercs about 250-300 men. Did I misunderstand something?
And is there any way to give credit to those who worked/work on this mod in any way (I know that forum feature from "totalwar.org", for example; you can give "thanks" and "helpful" there to messages/contributions)?
greetings D.I.

...one more:What does happen if I attack a bandit village, if there´s an adventurer hero with his troops in it? Will he fight with the bandits, join my side or what?

Hi, SwadianJedi,

:wink: as the Taoist says: **** happens!! :wink:

And sorry, because I myself haven´t worked with the OSP addon, I got no idea how it shows that you installed it right. But if you, by chance, made everything as right as with the main theme, there should be showing loads more of coloured and phantastic armour/weapons at their merchants. Haven´t read enough around to be sure, but already the "normal" CS 0.675 contains a lot of those, so maybe they´re included already (see my unhappiness-part of posting above).
Sorry for not being able to help here,
hope you enjoy THE GAME !!

greetings DuncanIdaho

The OSP add-on is in \Mount&Blade\Modules\Custom Settlements 0.675\Resource\CustomSettlements.brf and the textures needed are in \Mount&Blade\Modules\Custom Settlements 0.675\Textures\

Hi,

because there is no "thank you"-button implemented in the forum I want to give

A BIG THANKS to helpful spirits, namely(?) Lup_Alp and Berpol! You keep this jewel of a mod alive!

greetings from Vaegir´s snowy mountains, DuncanIdaho

any updates since last year?

and how to translate some dialogs and message?
menus.txt save to utf and all text shows ok.
but with quick_strings.txt is didnt work. if i save quick_strings.txt as utf - game shows many red color errors :smile: if i make ansi - text didnt show. only . , # and english letters...

i can play with english - but many things i cant understand. so i want to make some translate... but found this problem with codepage.

Hi,
I have tried to mess around a bit to get rid of those multicoloured things in game, but with little success. Not knowing where all the info is stored about items (not at all being familiar with the file- and moddingstructure of this game), it seems to be stupid to go on fiddling around with single files or lines in those.
So, please, would someone be so kind and help me with this "quest for simplicity"?

greetings, DuncanIdaho

DuncanIdaho said:
Hi,
I have tried to mess around a bit to get rid of those multicoloured things in game, but with little success. Not knowing where all the info is stored about items (not at all being familiar with the file- and moddingstructure of this game), it seems to be stupid to go on fiddling around with single files or lines in those.
So, please, would someone be so kind and help me with this "quest for simplicity"?

greetings, DuncanIdaho

I am working at a new version and I will trz to get rid ofthe most "flashy" and colorful items and rebalance the weapons and armor but it is a lot of work since I will have to rewrite a lot of items.

This is the last version I have "thinkered" with. It still has bugs but it is playable. Some changes in weapons but I haven't removed anything yet. Some troops are changed. It is NOT savegame compatible with any other previous version so start a new game.
You can download it here: http://www.crocko.com/D570AC22527D4F8CBAFD1A033E2B3FCB/Custom_Settlements_0.676.rar
Just unnpack (unrar) in the "modules" folder.

This is the last version I have "thinkered" with. It still has bugs but it is playable.
1. Some changes in weapons and I have removed the most flashy and colorful armors.
2. Quite a few troops are changed.
3. Now there are 4 higher level settlements:
- Custow at Economic 2 Military 2 (full upgrade) belonging to peasants (will be the first faction very soon).
- Charfield at Military 2 belonging to bandits.
- Comarhaidhe at Economic 1 Military 1 belonging to Adventurers.
- Novagradsk at Economic 2 belonging to Peons (a new peasant faction).
4. Player's starting equipment is changed.
5. Bandits raiding parties are bigger and better armed.
6. Low level troops in the adventurers and mercenaries parties are better armed and with more ranged weapons.
7. A full developed custom troop tree (a little overpowered but this will be changed).
It is NOT savegame compatible with any other previous version so start a new game.
You can download this version here: http://www.crocko.com/90B6637C9655452A84F2A317C0E27EF1/CS_0.676-2.rar
Just unpack (unrar) in the "modules" folder.

Sweet, I'll give it a try. Think I will switch out the custom troops with my own so can get my English troops hehe

Edit: takes 40 minutes to dl it as free user lol, i'll test it out when it is finished

Edit2: It runs great on warband as haven't noticed any error messages. I only have horse crash that mentioned in this forum

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,219597.0.html

I love the peon faction and the adventure one. The peon peasant groups will chase after bandits though which is bit odd. After they win, they will remain in place there till another comes within range. I ran up into 10 groups of them ranging from 5 peasants to 8 standing around in one area. Noticed they had bandit prisoners in a couple of their groups. It did made a huge addition to my town though when I sent them all there!

Back
Top Bottom