Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thank you for this update. It really helps to have patrols, as the zombies that emerge near Bloody Cliff completely destroy your economy when they kill the villagers. No matter how many times you destroy that cursed battle field, it'll keep respawning so you need to park some men there to eliminate the zombies.

Lords tend to wander off, but patrols are just right.

HunterAlpha1 said:
a) Where do I extract the folder to update?  b) And how do I know I've applied the update properly?
a)
you extract the update anywhere you wish, because the folder it makes you will shortly delete.  But after extracting, you enter the folder with windows explorer, mark the entire contents inside with Ctrl-a, then right click "Copy", go to Mount&Blade Warband\Modules    where the mod is, so that is probably
  C:\Program Files (x64)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Phantasy v150
  and now right click "paste"  over the files of the same name.  So I usually left click one of the text files, then the NEXT text file I move the mouse over THAT file and right click paste, to make sure I am not pasting for example the patch into the first subfolder my mouse pointer happens to be hovering over at the instant I right click.  It should ask if you want to replace the 35 or so files of the same name, yes you do, and now you're almost finished.

b) Start Warband normally, in your case since you haven't ran Phantasy for the first time stop now and DON'T load the mod yet, instead click
  Configure, then click Video, then make SURE the check box "Load Textures on Demand" has a check in it, then click OK.  This is a one time procedure.
  My settings look like this:

hWuV6.jpg

Now "Play Mount & Blade" with the mod selected, the mod loads, which may take a couple minutes, and the version number splashes in bold red at the top center of the screen.  On my development super computer  the mod needs 1 minute 40 seconds to load.  Or maybe its 1 minute 20 and compiling takes 1 minute 40.  In any case, most computers not loading from SSDs (Solid State Disks) will need longer to load.

It should look like this for patch N6:

a3q3C.jpg

getting back to the purpose of THIS thread,

patch v150 N7hot patch
  This Weeks' push is to tighten down various loose aspects of the mod:

1) Spears in general had been improperly assigned staff animations as a leftover from an early attempt at dual thrust (upstab/downstab) as presented in OSPs from 2010.  Those attempts had an adverse interaction with mainly the spell cast animations and were removed.  Instead, I noticed Warband's updates since 1.161 silently supported spears getting redefined so far as animation use. Without having to steal Viking Conquest animations (which is not allowed anyway), I AM able to define spears as having specific capabilities by just sticking with the Warband 1.172 header_items.py definitions for spear near the end of the file, so adjusted only the item properties using the template from Viking Conquest.  Animations are still Warband animations.  While this does not give the full dual stab some players wanted, it does at least keep the spear from looking and behaving as a staff, which was causing problems with "animations not fitting skeleton" messages generated, usually during spells used while mounted.  This was how cleric spells lost their mandatory animations, in order to support mounted paladins from Blazing Hand... which seem to be working as intended the last few patches.

2)a)  Lighting Bolt uses 25 Magic Points (mana)instead of 15
  b)  Fireball uses 35 instead of 40.
  c)  Haste uses 30 instead of 20.
  d)  Ice Storm uses 35 instead of 30.
  e)  Chaos base chance is  [(1..20)+(1..6)]  not [(1..20)+(1..20)+10]  as earlier
          possibly a 1 in 6 chance to summon a Balrog, not necessarily added to your team.  Demons love Chaos.  ***
          next time.

for autocalc purposes, clerics should count triple versus parties primarily (> 50%) built from undead skins {Zombie, Skeleton, Undead}
  the last being Guspav's definition for liches and mummies.  This at least gives some protection from auto-calc zergs using undead armies in autocalc battles
  next time

4)a) Recruiter simple_trigger(s) can be commented away, giving one open simple_trigger for use with lords and assigning relations, as called by diplomacy when re-assigning lords to new kingdoms, since there are not enough simple triggers available now.
  b) piggy-back added Diplomacy attitude drift each 24 hours between factions, assisting in factions changing diplomacy state over time
  c) When series 150 ends this coming Easter, I'll have to add another 16-20 or so empty simple_triggers for future use, and at least 6-8 more lists reserved in "troops".  ***

4) I found the reason for undead appearing at Jelkala and Sargoth, and at first thought it was the entire source of prisoners being lost from player's party, but they are two different issues.  The first was an incorrect test for party templates without actually storing the party template, at a place where undead party types were supposed to convert prisoners to undead.  This would have at least explained the lack of messages.  After 6 weeks, no prisoners have left my party after disabling this entire section.  I do have leadership 6 on my test case.

5) edited Rigale crafting recipe for Elven Ambush Armor  to require 2 leatherwork + 3 silk instead of  4 leatherwork and 1 silk.

6) experimental force (silently) to autocalc with no chance of player party casualties when raw_battle_advantage is 30+, mainly to stop having to fight battles for routed enemies.  After a few changes, it now beats the other side down for you IF you out power them 30:1 or more - (counting tiers and numbers as if doing an autocalc battle, but without the adjust for mage/cleric/undead status).  You then spawn a battle versus zero opponents,  which timing out gives you prisoners and gear.  Its done this way in case the previous battle is looping through the same menu, so that you do not lose prisoners and gear from the previous battle segment.  At least its better than having auto-calc take away a few of your good troops for a 3 routed enemy vs 200 friendlies fight.

7)a) Haste had a check for slowed that cleared slow status without actually returning the target agent to 100% base movement and 100% reload speed.  This is fixed.  Also the odd crash seen from haste is tied to getting distance from the caster's position to target position when either is on a mount.  This is also fixed.
  b) Lich fear aura has a check for mount also when getting range; the chance to proc is 20% instead of 30%, and the timer is 37 not 17 seconds.
        However the effect is still locked (turned off), for now.  Let us first see the game more stable then we can experiment back at the danger line...

c) Dispel Magic (mage) now is aware of mounted status for either caster or targets
  d) likewise player cleric spells {heal, harm, flame strike, fire storm, turn undead, bless, curse, bravery, terror}
  e) likewise {balrog_taunts, balrog_death_blast, npc cleric spells [dispel magic, curse, flame strike, bless, heal],  flame strike, rebuke undead,
          turn undead, common_battle_rebellious_undead, common_battle_healing_spell, common_battle_darkness_shield, aura of regeneration,
          aura of quickness, aura of divine might, common_battle_healers_ring, common_battle_flame_arrow, common_battle_wizard_staves,
          flame_tongue,

note: this is probably the source of earlier problems seen with flame arrow, and now fixed...

f)  added a check that the target agent is not a mount for  NPC cleric spells {bless}

g) adjusted  npc_paladin_pre_aura  which also sets agent values for every spawning agent to perform max hit point check first before all other checks in order to possibly update max hp for mounts before the rest gets skipped.  Added an explicit check for human where the checks would be not appropriate for mounts.  This tweak may allow horses to receive cleric/paladin/ring of regen heals, but that needs testing.

h) checked for mounts when getting positions for range checks  in presentations:  spell_book {haste, dispel magic, summon weapon}
          corrected an error in player haste where the target was previously slowed and removal of slow status marker was not also removing the slow effects, keeping them slowed for the remainder of that battle.

checked for mounts influencing range checks in  prayer_book {positive energy burst, cauterize, all paladin auras, negative energy burst, dispel magic}
            found a mistake in both positive and negative energy burst, fixed.  This handles differences for undead / not undead in each version.
            all the player paladin auras cancelled the other auras effect as soon as they were cast blocking ability to tile more than 1 aura
                this is now removed.

8 )  for mission template  "castle_attack_walls_defenders_sally",
    the attackers are only get reinforcements when under 50 troops, while defenders (coming FROM the town/castle) keep getting reinforcements every few seconds until their numbers exceed 285.  Also to simulate spawning closer to the players' spread out troops encircling the besieged center, the rushing defenders are hasted a little more than normal so as to be less vulnerable to mage area spells or cleric area attacks.  We all hate for you to feel bored and the mod to be unrealistic.  I'm fine with abstracting the battle map smaller than it defaults, with fewer player reinforcements and enemy auto-haste so that they don't have a suicide charge before engaging you.  Your mages may still mow them down, but at least there's a chance they'll close the gap in time now.

Notes worth reading:  By the way, I've dragged around the same prisoners for 31 days in my N7 test, still no "leaving".  I may yet have found the issue for prisoners leaving...

9) fewer notices from diplomacy on factions changing status with another faction:
      now if not either of the two factions involved is the player's current faction (counting mercenary status or vassal status as well as player's own kingdom), then the message is not shown but the other actions occur silently.    s_t 25

gsanders said:
  e)  Chaos base chance is  [(1..20)+(1..6)]  not [(1..20)+(1..20)+10]  as earlier
          possibly a 1 in 6 chance to summon a Balrog, not necessarily added to your team.  Demons love Chaos.  ***

Yeah, that one jumped out at me! :twisted: Love it that there's a chance of Chaos magic going horribly wrong! :fruity:

Tuco said:
gsanders said:
N7 is live at NexusMods.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

in case anyone missed it
Nice! Will check it out tonight. Thanks.
I recommend against it.  See my experience here.

In my opinion, like N3 and N4, you may be better off skipping N7.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the changes.  Many of my casters are pulling a lot more weight, there is a ton less spam, etc.  But I think it is worth waiting for the next one.

"v150 p1 exp":  hot patch

undo 2 N7 changes, while keeping the others:
Removed spear changes

small correction in game_menu pre-combat calculations to get correct battle_advantage
    this in turn sets the size for each side loading into battle at first.

added:
1)a) slight increase in speed and damage for the Rigale craftable sword smithing recipe "strange short sword"
  b) increased weight somewhat and decreased protection for Rigale craftable leatherwork recipe elven ambush armor
  c) decreased weight around 8 % for all metallic human armors (but not Orc, Elf, Drow, or Dwarf), tribal fur, cur bouilli, cavalry robes, etc.

2) for recruiting menu at town, allowed the greater of city relation or faction relation to influence
normal recruits (but not super troops).  This results in slightly better outcomes in early game
if for example you have assisted the town with epidemics.

3) auras would never have expired as set by Guspav, with the intention of the very next aura cast wiping the first.
When  dozens of NPC paladins ride around with auras active, this needs to change.  Auras now set timers
which expire just like any other spell - so haste no longer lasts all battle. 
One good thing though is a single NPC paladin riding around with Aura of Quickness will reset the 30 second
countdown or toggle off "slow spell" effects.

Distance increases by faith also for ALL auras.
Likewise a timer limitation for Aura of Divine Might.
reset agent horse speed factor in each haste, dispel magic, and aura of quickness.

4) Mounts spawning are now assigned agent maximum hit points, magic defense, strength, base movement speed values so spells correctly recover
after setting effects timers.  This had been only valid for non mounts, causing some exposure to instability in the past.
  Unicorns and nightmares have magic defense 3, spiders 1, and normal mounts 0 - for now.

5) spell limiter scripts that check ammunition number for thrown spells fire every 7 seconds instead of each 13 seconds.
    This also impacts cleric summoned throwing weapons and cleric fireballs.
    Cleric Fireball max ammo is set to 3 not 7 in case it gets reloaded at sieges.
    Explicit test for Cleric Fireball added to  common_siege_refill_ammo  in mission_templates.
    Now fire cleric players dont get free refills each 2 minutes.  It already skipped any agents marked as magic users, but had not skipped clerics.

6) found an error in darkness recovery, setting the position of the darkness particle effect if a target is mounted, fixed
    same error at acid_arrow recovery, fixed.    I had a strong feeling the recovery stage was crashing on these, nice to confirm the instinct.
    found a big set of errors in the recovery from chaos.
        It randomly assigns the agent to any of 6 teams but there is no check that in fact 6 teams are present...
        also in some conditions it blindly resets movement to 100%, overwriting my penalties for heavy armor

fixed an error in slow setting speed incorrectly on recovery.  Found errors in slow in other sections also.
    fixed an error on spider bite where mounted status of victim was not taken into consideration in placing a particle effect, which could have crashed
    fixed an error incorrectly setting blessed status before doing the range check in cleric spell bless

7) adding system of 32 bit flags marking each agent as being in a certain state for faster AI and spell effects handling.
  the up side is once finished, as new spells and abilities come online there is less stutter in battle, although right now the MAIN source of stutter is reinforcement checks and handling (because when reinforcements come there is churn of existing lists that need to be shuffled, closed and re-opened).

Some of these bit flags will be needed for future capabilities and some cover agent states that exist now, but are broken into roughly 20 separate loops through all agents in the battle checking for example if the agent is poisoned, and if so increment a timer and add damage.  Here's the thing -- not every agent IS poisoned.  So, what if instead of 8 separate checks for categories of special cases, I check once for a non-zero value for that agent and immediately know there is (at least) one of 8 different problems/states to resolve at that agent, else I can skip all 8 checks for that agent?  I now have 9 checks worst case and 1 check best case for each agent on the battle, instead of mandatory 8 checks in all cases for each agent.  Its worse than that, right now there are around 20 such checks that I could collapse to 3 checks.  But I mentioned a down side: at first, every last cleric and mage spell needs adjusting.  And in my experience, nothing goes as planned the first time.  Making this layer of P1's planned changes "experimental", thus the "exp" in the patch name as a warning.

taking into account Guspav's current checks and the minimum check's I'll need to support the next stage of features, it looks something like this:
Code:
#spell effects
## nature group of 8
slot_agent_bleeding                 = 37    # 1
slot_agent_stun                     = 38    # 2
slot_agent_sight                    = 39    # 4
slot_agent_darkness                 = 40  
slot_agent_hear                     = 41    # 8
slot_agent_sleep                    = 42    # 16

slot_agent_poisoned                 = 43    # 32
slot_agent_poison_strength          = 44
slot_agent_diseased		    = 45    # 64
slot_agent_reserved1                = 46    # 128

## magic/elements group of 8 
slot_agent_immobile                 = 47    # 1     # GS Root/Hold
slot_agent_slowed		    = 48    # 2
slot_agent_hasted   		    = 49    # 4

slot_agent_freezing                 = 50    # 8
slot_agent_burning		    = 51    # 16
slot_agent_acid_arrow               = 52    # 32

slot_agent_invulnerable_hp          = 53    # 64  shares next 3
slot_agent_stoneskin		    = 54
slot_agent_diamond_skin     	    = 55

slot_agent_mana_burn        	    = 56    # 128

## divine/mental  group of 8
slot_agent_frightened		    = 57    # 1
slot_agent_fearless         	    = 58    # 2	
slot_agent_blessed		    = 59    # 4
slot_agent_cursed		    = 60    # 8
slot_agent_charmed		    = 61    # 16
slot_agent_confused		    = 62    # 32
slot_agent_confused_team	    = 63
slot_agent_cauterized               = 64    # 64
slot_agent_reserved2                = 65    # 128

## Physics group of 8         ## GS notice these are used in AI decisions for movement and targeting, thus need to be fast
slot_agent_invis                    = 120       # GS chameleon effect - agent is not noticed or target of PBOD targeting / targeting is blanket AoE only
slot_agent_see_invis                = 121     # GS cancels chameleon effect
slot_agent_nightvision                 = 122   # GS nocturnal class or not for visibility buff/debuff based on time of day
slot_agent_flying                   = 123      # GS they are flying right now and this is a [pointer] marker to their support
slot_agent_flight_type              = 124    # GS maneuver-ability class
slot_agent_flight2                  = 125       # velocity vector in 3D (thus a pos value that actually holds 3 parts for current velocity component vectors)
slot_agent_swimming                 = 126        # they are swimming right now  (and thus need a [pointer] marker pointing at their support)
slot_agent_swim_class               = 127         # GS do they have gills? 
slot_agent_swim_breath              = 128       # GS is the agent holding their breath?  For how long since last air??

I think I'll aim to do this and once finished stop here as having disrupted the mod enough.  If it works cleanly its the first step of a new v160 leaning system I plan to introduce in stages.

8 )a) added some orphaned credits from Guspav's original Phantasy Calradia (2014) edition
    b) slow is now (rarely) equipped by some NPC mages of higher level.  Before I had removed Slow from NPC casters due to doubts about stability.
    c) I'll return a number of low to intermediate NPC caster spells at "patch P2 exp": specifically missing now are
      {Acid Arrow, Flame Arrow, Black Bolt, Vampiric Bolt} plus Lich ability "fear aura".
    d) Dispel magic is edited to reduce the number of conditions where it may be auto-cast by NPC mages:
            specifically, it is blocked from casting if the caster is under the influence of a Bless/Divine Aura of Might OR Haste / Aura of Quickness     

EDIT: just now compiled "clean enough".  No test yet, short on time today.  Maybe tonight can test a little and release if nothing exciting blows up.
  First battle looked good.  Paladin auras correctly timed out and effects cleared nicely.  I'll next have time in 6 hours.

really?  Only 7 downloads for tonight's patch?
Despite appearances, I do sleep :smile:  And during the weekend, old farts like me spend time with family.  Relax, judging from the questions I get, plenty of people play the game, but not everyone patches very often.  And then there are my nephews, who are only allowed to patch from my USB drive.

-------

And, dude, you've labeled it experimental, and given it a new letter designation.  People are easily spooked, and then they wait for someone to tell them the new version is stable.

-------

Also, it ain't Kingdom Come that is eating the time of the gamers I know.  It's "Into the Breach", which is a surprisingly tight puzzle game masquerading as turn based combat.

OK I see a problem with P1 exp, will issue a fixed P2 shortly.

While you're here, you might want to see patch history for P1 exp and N7 also:
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,279776.msg8931399.html#msg8931399
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,279776.msg8929887.html#msg8929887

Patch v150 P2 :  hot patch

1) fixes opcode 1704 error occurring after use of Darkness or Acid Arrow spells in P1.

2) a) adds the (missing) non-magical damage component to Black Bolt and Vampiric Bolt spells.
    b) flame arrow spell now checks if the target was rider or mount before trying to place a particle effect at the target.
        Mounts take damage without visible effect, while riders or agents without mounts get the visible effect.
    c) Dispel Magic now costs 25 not 40 magic points.
    d) Haste costs 30 not 20 points
    e) NPC casters will again use Black Bolt and Acid Arrow; this has the impact of cutting Charm Person and Shield uses in half (they had been doubling their chances these last 2-3 months).  This also valid at sieges.  Mages are a little squishier with fewer shields...
    f) modified each check where positions and mounts are checked to also allow for the case where the mount, not the rider, takes the effect (area damage, area healing).  Also normalized the position numbers so that they are consistent with each spell, so that I can assume certain position markers are (always) open for future use.
    g) Harm cleric spell does more damage.

h) 1) Player Cleric spell Curse sets an effect that never gets cleared.  I won't have time for that today but I'll add something for P3.  At least I planned ahead for it.  It isn't a new problem, just was ignored (and not really noticed) before now, when I am watching each agent's change of states and noticed this spell sets a state that has no matching countdown handler.
        2) likewise NPC aura of bravery  ln  3156

i) Player Cleric Positive/Negative Energy burst is fixed; there were errors in recording positions and handling of giving damage

I am still having the N7 problem with battles that are too small.  Different PC, different (brand new character) and the same tiny battles.

Nine of us, 125 of theirs.  149% difficulty.  We have no tactics, they are bloody zombies.  But the battle starts, and it is 9 on 40ish, instead of everybody on the battlefield.

To rub it in, the first round ended with 5 of them remaining (not fled, just never entered the fray) so I had to go for another round.

I have my battlesize on 150, and the PBOD size on 150 as well.  This is a serious problem for me.  This guy is just starting, but soon I will want to fight enemies in the hundreds, and we will be killing them in droves.  Having their reinforcements trickle in by 30-40 is mind-numblingly slow.

------

By the way, I really appreciate your knocking out patches at this rate.  Just because I'm commenting only on the problems does not mean that I don't think that features, especially magic, have not been tremendously improved.  I am still waiting for you to stop working on fixing stuff, so that I can annoy you with balance suggestions.

Tuidjy said:
I am still having the N7 problem with battles that are too small.  Different PC, different (brand new character) and the same tiny battles.

Nine of us, 125 of theirs.  149% difficulty.  We have no tactics, they are bloody zombies.  But the battle starts, and it is 9 on 40ish, instead of everybody on the battlefield.

To rub it in, the first round ended with 5 of them remaining (not fled, just never entered the fray) so I had to go for another round.

I have my battlesize on 150, and the PBOD size on 150 as well.  This is a serious problem for me.  This guy is just starting, but soon I will want to fight enemies in the hundreds, and we will be killing them in droves.  Having their reinforcements trickle in by 30-40 is mind-numblingly slow.

The initial battle size is purely set by the game's calculation of battle advantage.  It takes into account levels of troops on your side and levels of troops on the opponents,  and the total battle size you have set is consulted last.  There used to be a reducer for undead when you had enough clerics but that was removed.  I'd have to change battle size values with some limiter before even getting to the lead_charge mission, so it has to be at game_menu, and side effects of every change come into all missions, even sieges, so don;t ask for this 20 minutes before patch time.  Well, you asked 90 minutes before patch time, but it is still too little time.  I'd have to experiment next week.  Wednesday-ish, if I haven't lost my day job.  Boss #2 is due back after a year abroad, uncertain if anything will change.  At least I give them face saving by sticking around -- and it lets me code (with great success, finally), for the first time in my life.  That's been a life goal.

I wander off and play Stellaris for 2 1/2 days and come back to find I'm a moderator here, quietly.
  But since I was off doing Stellaris, nothing got done here FROM ME.  I commend Tuidjy for starting a better documentation, and hope other long term players can add something from their perspective as well.  This isn't to say SmurfinHell's player manual start (here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AZuqg5W9WRiGEFMMUA2Lt_gOUb4Zf-a6AbPaxxsscYo/edit?usp=sharing    )
  is not useful, also.

I feel strange coming back to the mod after "so long" away.
  I suppose I need to hurry up and unsticky/resticky stuff, but strangely now that I CAN do it I'm less anxious to really wreck the layout much. I think it would be useful to build some guides and drag those to a stickied place, but the forum does not allow a "menu of menus", which would be the elegant way to do this (and what a cool tool for submods that would be).

I suppose something might get done today, but not likely a big patch.

Start a master post of useful information and just have a link to the guides or detailed posts that should be looked at.

It's a work around for the menu of menu's concept and also to avoid too many stickies. Ultimately you should only need 3 or 4 stickies.... Master description/download, Bug reports, Q&A, Useful Information & Guides.

Someone makes a detailed post with useful information, you update the "Useful Information & Guides" Sticky with the hyperlink.

I expect a P3 today.

1)  So far it focuses on setting battle size cut offs for both sieges and open battles with some awareness of the player's Warband battle size slider settings, but not actually aware if "battle sizer" has tinkered those values beyond Warband's default of "100% slider means always battle size is 150".

I gave a long explanation of how it works here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305002.msg8936818.html#msg8936818

So far, all of this is done, although I need to test in Sieges next, as all the proof of concept and tuning testing was open battles.

There is also a shortened waiting time for checking battle victory and a tighter check on the presumption of routed enemies, although there is not yet a slider for skipping the auto-cleanup when odds are >= 25:1.  I found there was before a test allowing 18:1 going to auto-resolve (but with your side sheltered from losses), now it is strictly 25:1.  I might find time for a slider in Phantasy Settings tomorrow. <- not yet.

EDIT:  sieges don't reinforce correctly in last night's patch, fixing now.
  found the problem: wrong entry point was used, so the defender was getting reinforcements that should have been attacker's

2) Necromancer party size was incorrectly set larger than trim size due to adding kingdom policy adjustments for vassal, mercenary, or being their own king status.  This includes Marshall bonus, King bonus, centralization and aristocracy adjusts.  Necromancers are EXEMPT from policy settings changes - Undead aren't impressed by their declaration they're king, marshall, or how they say they'll treat aristocracy and serfs.  It was an error to change party size for necromancer parties, for policy or kingdom status reasons.  Fixed.

Necromancer database marking is automatic now, similar to cleric, but do notice these effects:
  Both you and your companions can auto-become necromancers.  If this happens to a companion, I'll assume you made them choose Necromancy, so it is on your character also. your alignment (and paladin/cleric status) will also change.

If somehow the alignment had not been set to evil yet, it is now.
  If that does not match your former cleric deity, you LOSE that deity and all its benefits.
  You will be set as an evil cleric of the Deity "Bane".

The necromancer check over-rules any previous settings; if you manage to gain faith and necromancy at the same time, cleric is set first but necromancer is final, and will adjust cleric for you to now be Bane.  Trust me, as a dev I'm in the deity business, so don't argue.

At the cleric check deity selection is written as 0 if it was previously unassigned;  this allows generic clerics to get spirit hammer, and a special case is added at the hammer type select so that if the value is 0 the correct hammer is handed out.

3)  a) ALL Necromancer faction mummy troops except conscripts gain 1 added skill point of magic defense now.
This is hot-adjusted within 24 game hours of adding the patch.

b) ALL Skeletons and Zombies such as Necromancers summon may now be upgraded into higher tier troops - all the way to skeleton and zombie knights (with their high magic resists).  This viewer does not show tree splits so it does not show the archer.

SdN31.jpg
        Orc Raiders can be upgraded to Orc Ravagers  OR  Orc Riders  now, allowing Orc Riders to be (eventually) built from recruited villagers.

c) ALL undead gain some modest protection from from the automatic timed spell Destroy Undead as follows:
      Until now, even lowly Monks and Nuns did the same damage to undead as the highest clerics or paladins - 80 points (down from Guspav's 400), which are further adjusted by armor soak etc.  Now instead the base damage is 10 per faith skill point, but adjusted by taking target's magic defense skill, adding 1/2 point to it, and dividing the raw damage given so that
    0  magic defense        (10 pts per faith) / 0.5  ==>  20 points per faith of the attacker
    1                                10                    / 1.5  ==>    7 points
    2                                10                    / 2.5  ==>    4 points
    3+                              10                    / 3.5  ==>    3 points
      no additional protection from 4+ magic defense for this one cleric/paladin spell effect.
    Also, the timer for this is lengthened to 53 from 43 seconds, so it takes longer to occur and happens 1/4 less often.

Player Turn Undead behaves similarly, so it scales and can be partly resisted instead of doing a blind 120 points to undead

d) Holy Avenger decreases damage versus some undead from a similar calculation as in "c" but with slightly improved minimum damage versus
difficult targets, so that upper and lower damage is a narrow range for hard targets and normal for very weak ones in terms of magic resist.

e) Clerics gain a hidden magic defense bonus at the agent level (so not seen when inspecting troops with troop tree viewer or in character info screen) of +1 magic defense per 3 faith skill points.  This is added silently to the agent when they wake up in battle.

f) Necromancers LOSE magic defense at the agent level; 1 point per 4 necromancy skill points, as they grow closer to the negative energy plane as their necromancy grows.
  EDIT:  I forgot to put a check for Magic Defense falling below 0; I'll get it next time.  It should not be an issue for the average person but not all my client players are average.

They also gain immunity from heals somewhat like in "c" above, with decreased effect from all healing including rings of healing and unicorns. <-- next patch.

g) Turn Undead refresh timer is lengthened from 83 seconds to 117 seconds.
        Lich fear aura is unlocked (lets see if this time it still crashes) and fires once each 37 seconds
              Now checks if the Lich is mounted in order to perform the distance check correctly.
        NPC mage haste is cast on a roll of 12 (or less) out of 100 instead of 20 (or less) out of 100, so fewer hastes cast.
        max ammo for cleric fireball is now 1.
        Ring of healing now heals mounts also (for BOTH sides).
        increased the chance of recovery from mage feeble mind to (1 in 2) per 25 hours timer check.

h) After calculating gains and losses to magic defense at the agent level, that base value is stored so that during battle the magic defense can later be manipulated by cleric or magic spells that buff or debuff this "modified base magic defense".  This allows expanding an umbrella of magic defense in battle, or trying to decay overall magic defense of an enemy, for future versions (v160).

4) while chasing a problem seen in the last few days I had to adjust how targets of area effects were checking mounts so that I never asked for a mount of a mount; this led to adjustments in Balrog death blast, timed mage spells (dispel magic and haste),  Lich fear aura, also the player mage Haste at presentation spell_book.  In most of these cases the change allows effects to target mounts as well as players; opening the effect of mage haste to mounts needs testing, as the recovery needs to be made 30 seconds later...

Also NPC cleric dispel magic (now unlocked but instead of 10 or less out of 20 the chance to auto-cast this is 4 or less out of 20)

5) Although I felt back in September that the issue of same sex marriage was solved already in Diplomacy, based on the source code in 2016, 2017's source has a block for same sex at  script  "cf_troop_get_romantic_attraction_to_troop"  that I certainly did not add.  Removed.
The dialogs remain ambiguous as to which sex and were meant to be initiated by either player gender.  No there won't be 3, 5, or 47 genders to select from.  The big difference is that male lords write different personality numbers than female kingdom ladies, and some of the slots used for storing variables at kingdom ladies that are not lords are redefined and overwritten when the troop is a kingdom lord (as are the marriageable, non companion males).  I suppose player companion males might be spouse targets, without leading to database glitches when AI scripts are processing.  Same sex heats up (if that is not abusing the phrase) when both sexes are female, as this opens a great many possibilities for use of wife as a companion and in role play for Orc and Drow especially; Orcs as I'll probably only grant access to recruitable Shamenesses if you have an Orc wife and Drow as the society is militantly feminist. Now if I can come up with time for dialog changes someday... maybe this summer.

Also at dialogs ln 35041 where "I profess myself your most ardent admirer"  there was a test for genders not equal OR disable gender prejudice
that would have blocked the dialog option from showing.  Seems to work.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files      status is live as of right now, just checked.

Opened  v152 A1Non-hot patch, mandatory restart.
                                  not released to public but for closed test.

1)  Working on Whydott's suggested map changes which I'll call "v152" as the first part of v160 changes.
    Besides moving Drow from the south and putting Drow and Elves more in engaged with neighbors, I've noticed the villages are closer together as well as closer to the center of the map and overall travel times are decreased, which may help kingdom lords AI during campaigns.  The end result is quite a bit of the existing map is unused at the borders, which gives opportunity for new features someday when I have energy.

Some small changes are made either for castle "zone of control" purpose or to introduce new lore.  In one place the question is "why put a castle exactly there?  There's nothing there!".  And why position it exactly, its not keeping anything out, is it?  Its the wrong orientation for both advance or defense.  Or is it keeping something IN?

a)  Since all the villages and castles moved it will take some time to update the module "parties".    DONE

b) Guspav's original attach village to castles and towns code had a problem in that it was intended as a fix after villages were already assigned
automatically to castles and villages, and he also directly assigned ownership to lords, which might have changed faction ownership later if the lord was exiled, causing orphaned villages at many factions.  This is an old problem, but it has greater importance now because finally there is the chance to fix this.    DONE

c) bandit lairs needed adjustment because it is required that the spawn point for each faction's own unique bandit lair be within faction borders,
and party templates order and spawn location need to be aligned.  Set mummy spawn to be Necromancer faction bandit and moved Skeletons to Drow area, serving as a natural barrier to Swadian intrusion.  Moved Orc raiders spawn slightly for lore reasons.  DONE

c)  moved towns imply a requirement for rebuilt trade routes  DONE

d) moving castles and villages implies a risk of terrain not matching the walls, so every town and castle needs to be visited using the "village center" mission and castles entering once to walk around the castle plus again a cheat menu siege from a savegame that can be reloaded many times.  <--needs doing.
    If I mistakenly gave you access, its because I want this done.  I'm busy.

e) moved villages may need economy re-tweaks for raw goods and shortages, influencing pricing.  As villages are assigned to new towns this changes their secondary production and likewise changes the town supply.  This will probably be a Saturday morning layer of changes.

2) set respawn for bandit camps the player has eliminated for quest or just bandit suppression so that they must roll a 3 or less on a 20 sided dice roll to respawn, while handling the initial game start so that all bandit camps are forced to spawn immediately.  DONE

Status:  This much was done today and released to only 3 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom