Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

So my first game I started as Shetland. Fairly quickly I got attacked by Ostland and became his vassal. I fabricated claims on Faroe and Orckney, but hired mercs to soon. Didn't have enough boats so they got disbanded. Now I am broke again, but making babies even though I was 70 :razz:. Prolly restard a new game soon. But I like raiding :cool:

McBeverage said:
Raiders even plunder as far south as that one republic that isn't Venice.

It was fun burning Genoa, Pisa, Amalfi and Venice to the ground as a Viking. Serves those Republican bastards...

Damn, i played as Kvens for a long while, and when i just conquered Satakunta and Suomi, the Tavastians, Finnmark, Suomi rebels, Komi and Karelians attacked me! It sure was an epic moment, even thou it was a clear defeat, and that makes Crusader Kings II qute unique, every moment is gold  :lol:

Is this normal? My vikings look like 13th century pansies.
soldier.bmp

bootjd.png

Great I spent 15 euro's and they won't even give me a freakin drakkar and a viking to play with. I knew CK2 was heavy on DLC but I must say this is very disappointing.

Rebelknight said:
Did you buy the DLC that change to Viking unit?
If not then you're stuck with normal soldier.

Hengwulf said:
Great I spent 15 euro's and they won't even give me a freakin drakkar and a viking to play with. I knew CK2 was heavy on DLC but I must say this is very disappointing.

The Norse DLC (and Portrait) still does not alter the unit sprites for standing armies. I suspect it was either overlooked or simply not included. The longboats do appear though if you raise the ships from a Scandinavian shipyard.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
The Norse DLC (and Portrait) still does not alter the unit sprites for standing armies. I suspect it was either overlooked or simply not included. The longboats do appear though if you raise the ships from a Scandinavian shipyard.

Oh well I raised the ships from both Shetland and with Ivar the boneless. Maybe I should try it with a Norse faction. Still I think it's really sloppy from the studio. Guess they want to make a quick extra 6 bucks :neutral:

Hengwulf said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:

Oh well I raised the ships from both Shetland and with Ivar the boneless. Maybe I should try it with a Norse faction. Still I think it's really sloppy from the studio. Guess they want to make a quick extra 6 bucks :neutral:

Or it was overlooked and is an honest mistake? The DLC has generally been solid on Paradox' part. I generally didn't think that someone could get their panties in a twist over a unit sprite.

Cosmetic stuff is sold separately. I do agree that they could have included the units, like they could have included the Byzantine units when LoR came out.

Rams said:
Cosmetic stuff is sold separately. I do agree that they could have included the units, like they could have included the Byzantine units when LoR came out.

****! I forgot that the actual sprites are typically sold separately. It's been a while since they last released some as (you said) the Byzantium sprites were included in Legacy of Rome. Well, there's your answer Hengwulf.

McBeverage said:
The Idrisids need to hurry up and fracture etc.  Mali's gotta get out on the global stage yo.
Taken two of their southernmost provinces.  every time i try to fight them (instead of outrunning their forces and sieging weak forts) they curbstomp me with 12k men against my 4k.  This is gonna be a long cold war, til i can hire enough mercs to crush them in the field.

Back
Top Bottom