Crusader: Byzantine Glory (looking for map maker!) Screenshots inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carthage2

Banned
it is 1456.its been three years since the Ottomans took Constantinople for what the Latins didn't hundreds of years ago the Ottomans did. yet you were the lost prince of Byzantium, and you would of accepted Ottoman rule but when you were fighting the Ottomans on the walls of Constantinople you saw your fellow men cruelly being beheaded, innocent citizens being slaughtered and that put anger in your heart.

Screen shots.

30auooy.jpg

These men are relatively weak, but stronger compared to any other peasants.

o05jmc.jpg

The first Hungarian troop. theses guys make excellent defenders.good for filling up weak spots in a battle but cant really be trusted by themselves to hold  groups of higher rank.

25yzm38.jpg

One of the strongest units in the game, they can be found in both Hungary and in Saint John military's.

a2yecp.jpg

These crusaders come straight from the Balkans and act as a mercenary for Hungary. these Crusaders are in every Christian army.

egbgr5.jpg

these monks along with some other units in christian army's sometimes hold the sign of the cross to signify the union to defeat the Ottomans, and restore the Byzantium Empire.

The following factions will be here.
Kingdom Of Cyprus.
Byzantine. (once you capture a caste from the ottomans you will have your own troop tree.)
Hungary. (100% done)
knights of saint john.
The Ottoman Empire.(20%done)
Features.
You have your own troop tree.
New dialogue
Artillery.
Formations
Musket units.
Possible random events like crusades and such once you restore Byzantium

i need to get permission from the following people.
Vonismont, sword of Damocles micro management and player troop tree.
Highlander. kingdom management.
Couched, for some crusader textures and such.

What help do you need? I have not ever try the modding stuff but if you want I can assist you with information about this time and probably help you naming lords, towns, villages etc.

well since im a crappy cartographer  i really need a map of greece all the way to antioch. that would be really appreciated of someone could do that.

if you could send me in a list of cities that i can use in this mod that would be wonderful.

Carthage2 said:
well since im a crappy cartographer  i really need a map of greece all the way to antioch. that would be really appreciated of someone could do that.

if you could send me in a list of cities that i can use in this mod that would be wonderful.

btw im preparing screenshots right now.

Pictures of beta Test - No bugs atm -
I'll add there more pictures later -
OBS- Each spoiler has a link to a Gallery
http://img7.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=mb1m.png

I've played 3 real hours so far testing.

Carthage2 said:

Well, I will create you a list with cities and villages you should add (especially in greece). If you find a cartographer I can talk with him about the position of the cities (to not be a city in another continent :razz: )

You should increase texture detail level and turn on dynamic lighting, because those screenshots are looking really bad. There is one small mistake in name - "Gods monk", should be replaced with "God's Monk". Good luck!

Well, good luck, but saying in your first post that you need their permission, doesn't get you their permission, you have to ask them, you know. :razz: PM them.  Also, why do most of your troops have blunt weapons?

I love the idea of including Constantinople and the Bizantine Empire, plus others. But you wrote nothing about Middle East. Remember the following:
-Principality of Antioq (cristian)
-Kingdom of Jerusalem (cristian)
-The Hashashim (the assassins,muslim, but they were at first allied to the templars)
-Kingdom of Armenia
-And don't forget the orders: Hospitaler Knights (means the same and sounds better, don't call them knights of S John), Templar Knights and Teutonic Knights (yes, they got to fight in the crusades).

Important Suggestion: people from all around europe went to fight there. As we can see in Kingdom of Heaven there were people from the Sacred Germanic Empire, from Castille and Leon, from England, from france... SO I suggest you include mail armours and shields from each of the important kingdoms. (and remember the knights of Ibelin armour). For the Hashashim it would be cool if they were just like in Assassins Creed.
Spanish (Castile and Leon) armour v
B0006Z2LLU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1116496581_.jpg
Sacred Germanic Empire v
DSC03341dx.jpg
Templar (lenft) and Hospitaler (right)
knights_templar___hospitaller.jpg

MAP
crusades-map-crusader-states.jpg

But it would be cool if u could include 1 more thing. Mainline story for each country so u get missions from ur superiors and u follow them, so u dont start directly from holy lands but from ur main country. Then 1 day the army comes to recruit people and u were among those recruiters...... and stuff like that

P.S. check my signature picture for teutonic,hospitaller and templar knights

Telecaster said:
But it would be cool if u could include 1 more thing. Mainline story for each country so u get missions from ur superiors and u follow them, so u dont start directly from holy lands but from ur main country. Then 1 day the army comes to recruit people and u were among those recruiters...... and stuff like that

P.S. check my signature picture for teutonic,hospitaller and templar knights

The thing is that there were not that many portuguese and spanish for example. This quests you are talking about would be just for France, England and probably Venice. The thing is that crusaders came from all Europe, but by themselves. If a noble wanted to fight there he went. Real campaigns were just the ones from the french and the english during the last period of the crusades, when the king himself went to war (example: Richanrd Lion Heart).

Perhaps it's better just to start in some port and leave it there...

FrisianDude said:
Well, good luck, but saying in your first post that you need their permission, doesn't get you their permission, you have to ask them, you know. :razz: PM them.  Also, why do most of your troops have blunt weapons?

well i this is in alpha .o1 stage. im going to get more models and textures etc. first though im going to work on permission.

Revan Shan said:
I love the idea of including Constantinople and the Bizantine Empire, plus others. But you wrote nothing about Middle East. Remember the following:
-Principality of Antioq (cristian)
-Kingdom of Jerusalem (cristian)
-The Hashashim (the assassins,muslim, but they were at first allied to the templars)
-Kingdom of Armenia
-And don't forget the orders: Hospitaler Knights (means the same and sounds better, don't call them knights of S John), Templar Knights and Teutonic Knights (yes, they got to fight in the crusades).

Important Suggestion: people from all around europe went to fight there. As we can see in Kingdom of Heaven there were people from the Sacred Germanic Empire, from Castille and Leon, from England, from france... SO I suggest you include mail armours and shields from each of the important kingdoms. (and remember the knights of Ibelin armour). For the Hashashim it would be cool if they were just like in Assassins Creed.
Spanish (Castile and Leon) armour v
B0006Z2LLU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1116496581_.jpg
Sacred Germanic Empire v
DSC03341dx.jpg
Templar (lenft) and Hospitaler (right)
knights_templar___hospitaller.jpg

MAP
crusades-map-crusader-states.jpg

The mod is set in 1456 - Jerusalem is not in Christian hands. Hospitaller Knights is Named Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta. So Knights of St. John is better IMO. You should not base your knowledge on a Movie. Yes the movie has some historical accuracy, but it is still fiction.

As far as i can see this is not a crusader mod, so there is no point in including the holy lands in full. better to have Greece and Turkey With Rhodes and Cyprus ( Wich the Hospitaller got when the Temple order got dissolved.) The Knight Templar is belived to have fought as Mercenarys for Hungary but eventually got kicked out, so you can still have them in the mod as Mercenary order. 

@Carthage2
Good luck with the mod :smile:

And don't forget that at this time there were arabs at spain, so i think they were prety occupied defendind and reconquering their lands from the arabs.

By the way good luck with the mod.

Cheers.

Altair2 said:
And don't forget that at this time there were arabs at spain, so i think they were prety occupied defendind and reconquering their lands from the arabs.

By the way good luck with the mod.

Cheers.

Yes, but still some spanish fought in the Middle East Crusades. As I previously said, crusaders came from all around Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom