Crashes - Gathering of Fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

I hate to tell you guys this, but I crashed again. I wasn't doing anything special, I had just got a 6 killstreak, and shortly after dying I crashed in spectator mode.
This time I was able to use the Visual Studio debugger, and got the following breakpoint:
Unhandled exception at 0x65057236 in mb_warband.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x001472fa.
Hope it somehow helps, I have no clue how Python works (other than that it's object oriented like Java), or how it combines with existing Warband code.

System specs:
  • Intel Core i5 Quad core 2.67 GHz
  • 4 GB RAM
  • NVidia GeForce GTX 470
  • 64-bit Windows 7

Warband Video settings at crash:
  • DirectX 9 (seems to be a culprit, as with DirectX 7 I've had no problems during line battles in mmprussia5)
  • Load textures on demand
  • Force vertical sync
  • No antialiasing
  • Shadow quality Ultra high
  • Texture detail 100%
  • Shader quality High
  • HDR mode Low
  • Grass density 100%
  • Realistic plant shadows Quick
  • Tree detail Medium
  • Tree degrade distance 25%
  • Character detail High
  • Character shadow detail High

If you guys need any more details, I'm happy to provide them to make this mod even better and more stable :smile:

okay i still crash quite frequently i have the force textures thing on, for graphics i have ALL Shadows off i have textures set to like 75% i have grass at 0 tree detail at low and tree degrade distance at low.  Idk what else i can do here with out making it look like a PS1 game.  Not to sound too much like a ***** but i dont feel like i should have to lower my graphics to **** tier to make the game maybe run sometimes

About 2 hours ago, my computer was unable to start up Warbands, mm mod as well as native. What happens is, I load up the game, select my game (in this case mm mod, but the same thing happens with native) and then it goes to the loading screen, once it passes the INI stuff and reaches the textures I hear this *bimb* in the background, (Its the sound of an error message) I press ESC and the game goes back to desktop.

I already have Load textures on demand, and my Warbands is on steam, so it should have the latest version. I tried to update my ATI drivers, but it just said the drivers installed on my computer didn´t exist, or weren´t working. After that my screen bugged to a 800x600 and couldn´t be changed so I did a restore point for 2 hours ago. My game is still bugged, and Im somewhat clueless.... Any ideas?

I minimized the game as I got the crash sound and saw the following error message:

Unable to open texture file Textures/tableau_shield_kite_2.dds

The only fix that has worked for me consistently is switching to DirectX 7. The game looks like crap, but at least I can play line battles.
It does happen, however, that I crash when there are only 60-80 people online, which is strange.

did you try this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117109.msg3588635.html#msg3588635

Vincenzo said:
We are really putting the engine in its limits, with all these players and high detail materials...

CoolStoryBro.jpg

I know, textures are made with paint. We dont have the skills to make textures with Photoshop or Gimp, these programms are to complicatet.  :roll:
jaeger_grey_basic2af2.jpg

musketeerbyvs.jpg

My Hovding will kill me if I start a flame while whilst he is on holiday. So I will sheathe my sword . . .

For now. . .

ComingWinter your the biggest **** I ever have seen from your clan.

I'v had enough of your constant 22nd trolling all over this forum based on absolutely nothing, that your the bigest cock known to man is clear but i shall not have your stupid ass replying on these threads.

Get your ass the hell out of my forum section before i will get your complete clan banished from all 22nd servers because they are still unable to keep your 12 year old ass in line.

Maybe i should remind you that your viking mod attracts 3 players per day which are all in your clan?
Oh well just piss off.

Vincenzo said:
Get your ass the hell out of my forum section before i will get your complete clan banished from all 22nd servers because they are still unable to keep your 12 year old ass in line.

Maybe i should remind you that your viking mod attracts 3 players per day which are all in your clan?
Oh well just piss off.

1st: Go ahead.

2nd: We have not released it yet to the public.

Vincenzo said:
ComingWinter your the biggest **** I ever have seen from your clan.

Ginthus said:

Vincenzo said:

Not only can you not mod, it seems like you can't count as well.

mb12-4.jpg

Vincenzo said:
Oh well just piss off.

It is actually really pitiful to know that over half of the modding community is laughing behind your back at your futile e-peen waving.

Back
Top Bottom