Crash ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asura said:
Yozzer said:
@ op
4) Try disabiing sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

Do you mean to disable sound in the configuration (when you start warband)? I tried it and played about 2 hours without crashing. Have tried many things and still it crashed like after 15-45 minutes. So this seems to work, but now without sound! So how do you play using the motherboard onboard sound?

If it does not crash with the sound disabled in the config file, (really a couple of hours is not conclusive), then it helps, but you have given no info at all on your PC, so I would not have a clue if you even had sound on your motherboard, let alone how to enable it  :roll:
Anyway, follow this link, it was written for the Floris mod a few years ago, you need to scroll down to the moderators comment (monnikje), dated Jan 13th 2011  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=148144.0
It is headed "crash", and if you are able to follow it then it might help.
Either way,
Play for longer to see if it really is OK,
Read the link
Read about your PC
And if you are really stuck, pay my expenses and I will come to Sweden and sort it for you  :shock:  I was there earlier this year, I could have popped in  :grin:

Michadr said:
Asura said:
Yozzer said:
@ op
4) Try disabiing sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

Do you mean to disable sound in the configuration (when you start warband)? I tried it and played about 2 hours without crashing. Have tried many things and still it crashed like after 15-45 minutes. So this seems to work, but now without sound! So how do you play using the motherboard onboard sound?
no no :smile: not the warband sound. I meant lower the sounds settings in control panel >> sound settings.
If you cannot figure out how I'll post a tutorial in the bug thread. Check out the bug thread's OP, there are a few things that you can try to eliminate the crashes.

My bad.  :oops: Would really appreciate if you put it in the bug thread. Btw, the mod is awesome even without the sound (which is also great!).

Yozzer said:
Asura said:
Yozzer said:
@ op

If it does not crash with the sound disabled in the config file, (really a couple of hours is not conclusive), then it helps, but you have given no info at all on your PC, so I would not have a clue if you even had sound on your motherboard, let alone how to enable it  :roll:
Anyway, follow this link, it was written for the Floris mod a few years ago, you need to scroll down to the moderators comment (monnikje), dated Jan 13th 2011  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=148144.0
It is headed "crash", and if you are able to follow it then it might help.
Either way,
Play for longer to see if it really is OK,
Read the link
Read about your PC
And if you are really stuck, pay my expenses and I will come to Sweden and sort it for you  :shock:  I was there earlier this year, I could have popped in  :grin:

Thanks for the help!  :grin: Actually experienced a crash today, but it may have been because of something else. Will look into the link.
Thanks for the offer! Anything to be able to play this mod!  :cool: Joking aside, hope you had a wonderful time in Sweden.

Unfortunately for me, my game at day 70 has begun to crash. It never had any issues until I tried out battlesizer, and even then only had it increase to 250. I'm wondering if perhaps it is some sort of memory leak / bloated memory?

It would only crash in the middle of battles, sometimes when the battle didn't even seem to be very intensive. I noticed that when the battle starts, it kind of chunk lags as if it is struggling to load all the textures immediately. I would then cross my fingers and hope to get through the battle without the CTD.

Because I couldn't quite figure out how to uninstall battlesizer, I've had to start over completely to see if this fixes the crashing, wiped M&B completely and reinstalled.
Will keep you all posted if I happen to get the CTD again though.

Specs: i5, GTX680, 8gb RAM, Win 7

Maybe it is that suuper old graphics card?  :cool:

SixStringSamurai said:
suuper old

Your card:
Qyo0OYV.png

My card:
zypIRUA.png

The problem is definitely not in your specs. That gpu is a monster.

you might want to not use the Ctrl + T cheat, that causes many problems in big mods, like PoP, Floris, Pendor etc (arleast for me since i have a low end laptop).

also the crash at the start of the battle might be caused by troop spawns, because it increases the resource consumption quite a bit, at the 1st spawn of the armies.

with 2gb ram i can`t go above 110 battle size, if i do the game starts to lag for the  first 5 mins of the game, so that might be something to look in aswell.

might want to reisntall/redownload the mod and warband since something might have became corrupted in the game/mod files, and cause memory leaks and what not

It's weird how before I used DX7 and kept crashing from the ''Talking to lord/companion'' thingy, but when I started returning to DX9, the crash problem stopped.

@SixStringSamurai

There are lots of tips in the "Crash" thread in the stickies, but as I use the GTX 670 overclocked, I thought I would add a few comments.
!) You are right about memory leak in Windows 7, depending on your rig and background services etc., with 250 battle size you may be on the edge with 8gb. Try increasing the battle size slowly, say from 200, and if OK, up by 10 until you have problems, then back up a bit. Melanie (probably got the name wrong, sorry if I have  :sad: . ), plays with 500, I have only been up to 300, but sieges took forever so now play with 250)
2) I have just started using the very latest drivers from Nvidia 332.21 and up to now they seem better than recent previous drivers, (I have been stuck on 310.70 for a while due to spurious problems with drivers). Google Nvidia drivers to see the problems and the crashes in some games. The new ones seem to be very stable for me, and also help with the graphics in Warband.
3) I have 24gb ram, and use a ram cache, so I do not suffer with the problems associated with memory leak, (usually lag developing in battles after playing for over an hour or so). Also I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 which, though not completely free of memory leak problems, is better.

Hope this helps, the GTX 670 is a super card, and yours is better, but so much depends on your motherboard, ram size, are you overclocked to the edge etc., so do read the sticky, some good comments there which I will not repeat here.  :cool:

Thanks Yozzer, you are a gentleman and a champion of scholars!
I am thinking it might be high time to up my ram to 16gb.

Oddly though the crash happened during even 150, it was almost as if just having battlesizer installed created the crashes. There was no lag per say, rather spikes of lag (beginning of match) and then one preceding the eventual crash itself. What confused me was, it was as if battlesizer was going from whatever I chose (150, 250, etc.) to the highest (1,000) and causing a crash.
Just a wild theory, I don't have any real evidence to base it on, nor have I ever heard of battlesizer causing any of those issues.

Curious though, any tips on how to completely uninstall it? As it has it's own installer, simply removing it from the directory didn't actually undo it from warband for me.

@SixStringSamurai

The battlesizer edits files in the rgl.config file which is not deleted when you uninstall Warband, and needs to be deleted manually if you do not wish to keep options etc.. I have put the info in a spoiler, as you need a little knowledge at navigating folders etc. and need to take care  :shock:

If you deleted Warband and the mod and re installed, you also need to delete the rgl.config file which usually is in the "Mount&Blade Warband" folder which is in the documents folder. The rgl.config text file is what battlesizer edits.
The "Mount&Blade Warband" folder is created in the documents folder when you first play Warband, and also contains other items such as screensave folder, (only if you have saved a screen), and a character folder (again, only if you have saved a character), etc.
If you are not bothered about saved characters or want to keep a saved screen, then just delete the "Mount&Blade Warband" folder, and a new one will be created when you play the game again, or, just delete the rgl.config file.
The options will be at default, battle size I think defaults to 71 with a possible max of 150. Remember to alter any other options such as video settings again, as these will also be at default.

NB Do be sure you are deleting the folder in the documents folder, NOT the folder of the same name in the "program files (x86)" folder, as this is the main game.
Also, back up any folders or files you delete just in case.

I hope this is clear. I would not advise editing yourself any entries in the rgl.config text file, unless you know what you are doing, as a lot of the entries are modifiers, for example, battle size is 1.43 (or something like that), not the actual number you set in options on the slider.

Nice, thank you. So far I am still experiencing the lag spikes, but it has yet to crash and I am just eclipsing days spent (though relative) on this here second play through.

So I think deleting that file and re-configuring fixed things. I was also told to do this if I received crash on start up after trying to un-click Load Textures on Demand. However, I still have not been capable of disabling this feature to see if it actually does help with lag.

So recently I've update my perisno great knight with morgh's mb editor v1.40,I change their stats, their profiencies, their skills, their equipments( I add a horse, and a lance), and their guarantees, then i open the perisno and check their stats..., no changes, just the equipments that change, but i equip they with horses, they ride, well, some of them. i don't really understand, when dueling (well, some ride the horses, and some didn't), nothing went wrong, but in battle, i've recently got some crashes if they join the battle.

any help guys?

deimozs said:
So recently I've update my perisno great knight with morgh's mb editor v1.40,I change their stats, their profiencies, their skills, their equipments( I add a horse, and a lance), and their guarantees, then i open the perisno and check their stats..., no changes, just the equipments that change, but i equip they with horses, they ride, well, some of them. i don't really understand, when dueling (well, some ride the horses, and some didn't), nothing went wrong, but in battle, i've recently got some crashes if they join the battle.

any help guys?
Don't know why it would be crashing when you would use them, but for the stat changes to your troops to take effect you need to make a new save file.

yeah, well, i return the stats, the equipment, and all of 'em, last night. I think it solve the problem but, why is it come to edit the great knight to a cavalry unit makes some sort of bugs? the equipment DO change but, the stats just won't, i'm not so comfortable with the great knight as an infantry, i just want to try them as a cavalry units

:grin:

Just so you know, you are bound to get crashes if you change things. But it may be with what horse you changed but i could not be certain.

Pls don't ask question when you crash after making unofficial changes by yourself to the mod. Text editing is inefficient and buggy and bound to have problems.

The dev will not help you fix your mess.

We have the Bug report section for any bug in the game so please use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom