CORRECTION: TaleWorlds Napoleonic Wars Forums will NOT be removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain Lust said:
It wasn't so much that we changed our minds as it was a delayed decision. We spoke about it in the office and decided that as it's a Warband DLC, we should support it by hosting and maintaining a forum here.

All the support required for the game will be availave in the other forum. I don't say to erase the Napoleonic Wars off the forums...what i would recommend is post a direct link over the NW section so people can be redirect to the other forum where they can get all the help nedeed and even more!

When I say support, I don't just mean technical. In spite of what might be common perception there are plenty of players playing both Napoleonic Wars and other Mount&Blade games. We'd prefer not to force players to have to use a separate forum in order to participate in the community for the DLC.

Captain Lust said:
there are plenty of players playing both Napoleonic Wars and other Mount&Blade games.

I agree with you. But it would be exacly the same thing if you would redirect the players to the other forums. The forum would not be part of TW but all players of other Mount and Blade would fell no difference at all...and creating anew account takes what? 2 minutes?

This is just my opinion on the matter...altough the final decision is of the TW staff.

It would be sad to see the community "split" in 2 forums while neither of them would reach the full potencial...

Honestly there must have been a break down of communication here, but now you've got 2 forums for the same game, it seems silly to me, it's too complicated, FSE saying they want all their games on one website/forum and now Taleworlds saying they want to keep the forum board for their game.

:smile: Im happy yay.
Hatake said:
Honestly there must have been a break down of communication here, but now you've got 2 forums for the same game, it seems silly to me, it's too complicated, FSE saying they want all their games on one website/forum and now Taleworlds saying they want to keep the forum board for their game.
NW is an DLC of Warband and so its forum should remain with the proper game.

Hatake said:
saying they want all their games
(At Least from my limited understanding)
The Problem here is that it is not in theory "their game" it's An Authorized DLC.
Whilst FSE own the content Taleworlds own the game.
any other game (Saints Row; The Third,Napoleon Total War) DLC does not have a independent forum for that DLC.

Even though Steam managed to cover all bases on this topic
(Napoleonic Wars is a multiplayer DLC expansion pack for Mount & Blade: Warband)
i think the forums should in fact stay here.
Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content for a video game distributed through the internet by the game's official publisher. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to an entirely new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges or other features to a complete and already released game.

TLDR; DLC is additional content to a finished game.
edit - I am just saying.

Well, let's put all those stickies back up.

I'll be active on both forums anyways. It's just going to be a pain in the ass to update two threads.

I believe that many people switched because they were told, and reassured multiple times that the NW Board is going to be completely obliterated, and that we had a week to switch.

"We will give you one week to port over all your threads and to settle down in the new forums."

Daniel. said:
What happens to this sub forum after this 1 week you have given?

Vincenzo said:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254493.0.html

Explanation please?
Was this a lie?
was this communication with Taleworlds?
I'd like some thorough explaining, because to be honest. I'm ticked.

Here.
Captain Lust said:
It wasn't so much that we changed our minds as it was a delayed decision. We spoke about it in the office and decided that as it's a Warband DLC, we should support it by hosting and maintaining a forum here.
The thread is only 3 pages long man.

Si-A-erra. said:
Here.
Captain Lust said:
The thread is only 3 pages long man.

I posted that on FSE, I was wondering why Vince would say that.

And thank you Captain Lust.

Xeroth said:
Whats the damn point? It might as well be deleted since everything we had was moved over..

No, It shouldn't. There are still some stranglers who are willing to keep it running.
Plus, this is where all the new players come to. It's kind of bull**** if you buy the DLC (As a war-band player) to come to an abandoned TW NW thread; thinking that the community is gone.

And if there wasn't a TW thread, then how do you expect them to find the forum? 

Back
Top Bottom