Connection to Server Lost

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm having the same issue. It was always fine before the update for me. So I figured it was the new updates that has caused the issue. I could always join the official server with no problem at all before the update. So I'm just waiting slowly for another update hoping to fix which I have doubts. I wish there was a easy way to fix this annoying issue. It may be the port hosts due to the ping I see it's already at 200 and the other servers low as 20-50. If it ever has been planned, please place hosts for closer for the UK for the good connection established.

New updates? So it might be of steam beta update installed ? Bcoz I just had the problem after updated on lastnite and change a new gunsounds on NW, suddenly the server only retrieve yet unable but the mod worked. Also Id tried most recommended fixes and reinstall mnb and still it goes.  :neutral:

But if I recall, I joined other unofficial servers back in the time and it worked and I remember me complaining it wasnt working to the official server I was saying to them. SO I believe theres something in the server causing the issue. Either through the mod or.. idk. It really sucks cause I love this mod and I'm trying to fix the issue.

I've been playing the game with no issues for as long as it has been out, and now I am having the same problem. It started maybe two weeks ago, I would be playing, then suddenly there's lag, and I'm out of the server. There hasn't been a day that has passed without it happening, and my gametime has dropped by a large percentage because of it.

I have tried all of the fixes listed. I don't have two rgl_config.txt files, and in the one my secure connection is set to 0 (set it to 1 once out of desperation, did nothing). Tried the single threading thing. Tried changing number of max connections to 8 as advised elsewhere, and all it did was not let me even see a single server (the server I play on typically has a maximum of maybe 40 players, and that's very rare). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've tried playing outside of Steam (I bought it from Taleworlds directly).

Numerous posts on other threads and forums where people were complaining about the issue suggested that the router was at fault - well, there wasn't anything that changed on my router since the problem started, but after being advised by an admin, completely reset my router and set it all up again. It seems to have helped some since I can now play for about ten minutes before it kicks me out again. Someone mentioned keeping an online service going while I'm playing, but I have two flatmates who are nearly always playing something online while I am, or browsing, or downloading, so that's not a solution. My ping remains steady at about 55 - and when I am kicked out of the server, there is no effect to our 'net connection, like some have been reporting.

Not sure where else to turn, or what to try... I seem to have exhausted the list of suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have the same problem. Could play the game fine for years, but a few months ago I started to get disconnected from servers randomly. I can't even play 5 minutes without being disconnected anymore.

I just reformatted my pc, tried it out, and the issue remains. This is with a clean install of everything, with the only programs installed being Steam and various driver applications (mouse, sound card, etc). I logged on and tried a different server, and yep, same thing.  :sad:

Half a month on, and still no fix. I've tried creating a support ticket directly with Taleworlds but am unsurprised to not have received a reply of any kind. Kinda disappointing seeing as I've been a huge fan of the series since 2004 when the alpha versions of the original game were coming out, but as I said, unsurprising.

We're changing our ISP at the end of the month, if that doesn't solve the issue...

Back
Top Bottom