Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

They attack after they almost killed.  :evil:

I used to play cavalary in every single mod, 90% cavalary party, I win every single battle with 1-2 men killed. In Gekokujo I have no intention of cavalary, foot only, kinda makes you to think. :smile: Plus I notes, Lords use cavalary very little, and that's how it was every since fall of Kamakura era if I'm not wrong (Been a while since studied Japanese history, need to read more books).

And yeah I hate when 1 or 2 of them start runing from the battle, even samurai with heavy armor are faster than me in peasent's robe with 4 atheltic (tested many times), took ages them to flee.  :evil:

EDIT: I found out about that quest to delivery message to Uesugi Retainer, there is as slave Uesugi Retainer when you look from map, city, but how the hell I give him and letter?  :shock:

Hanakoganei said:
Probably Monday-ish according to phlpp. Maybe. The beta seems to be free of all the game-breaking bugs by now. I've been testing microfactions and rebellions and so far it's going smoothly. I think all the other minor issues are easily fixable at this point, but of course it still depends on a bunch of factors. I mean we could be overlooking some stuff lol.

I dunno if anybody's been specifically testing the companions especially the new ones. I have recruited some of them but I haven't noticed any issues with them, and I haven't recruited any of the old ones in addition to the new ones so I dunno how well they go together in terms of relation/arguments etc.

Agree, even though I am playing without cheats (which is the way I should play to do proper beta testing, to save time and not hunt for bandits etc. for money), I have also found no game breaking bugs.

For all those who have not played the beta, I have recruited three of the companions and quite a lot of the old ones, no problems. Phlpp has posted a new picture with the companion likes/dislikes and the new ones are not in a circle any way. You cannot send them out to do anything any way.

BTW, probably a stupid question (but I am still neutral, BTW, my old plan get some 80 or so high quality people, at least 8 properly upgraded companions and then wait for a weak faction in war and attack a already attacked town does not work any more (as the towns have now about 600 people in it and the lords have often more people than in 2.1); like it :smile: ), what happens to your microfaction forts if you are a enemy of other factions. Do they attack it? Conquer it? Raze it?

When you have your faction, can you recruit from them like from town (remotely) or do you need to go there?

@Talinoth

Too bad, it was fun while it lasted :smile: . Hope you will really enjoy 3.0.

@phlpp

Thanks for answering, ok, so no biggy will wait until I have further upgraded my skills and then conquer it, Even though I will start a new char any way with the next beta update to test out the beginning to mid game again (my favourite thing any way while playing Mount & Blade Warband).

Nothing is more satisfying that 170+ teppo units firing in formation at oncoming enemies. Lawwwwwd.

On topic sorta: I'm using a submod that replaces every sound with Japanese voices (no more vanilla retard shouting), only problem is it replaces the new gun sounds with the default ones. No idea how to get back the new Gekokujo musket sounds.

Osric said:
Nothing is more satisfying that 170+ teppo units firing in formation at oncoming enemies. Lawwwwwd.

On topic sorta: I'm using a submod that replaces every sound with Japanese voices (no more vanilla retard shouting), only problem is it replaces the new gun sounds with the default ones. No idea how to get back the new Gekokujo musket sounds.

What is the mod? If the sounds do not have any gun sounds maybe just copy the gun sounds from the Gekokujo sound file to the submod?

haitch40 said:
jacobhinds said:
(native has gun sounds, for some reason).
There is a hidden pistol you can only get from the cheat menu in native.
yeah its using the pistol sound, i've tried replacing it but it just crashes

I'll upload the mod in a sec because I cant find it in the thread anymore

Anyone else notice how little anoying is when you attack some rebel underground, kill some of them and sudenly 10 more shows with guns and kill you in 2 sec?

got the gun sounds to work but the walking sounds have been replaced by japanese yelling. No idea how as all i did was copy and paste the sound triggers. Didnt remove any text

If you want comments on companions, I haven't noticed any problems, though William seems have have a terrible face gen that's inferior to his 2.0 version. Current party is a stable Nagako/Meiling/Shih/Mandukhai/Tojiko/Isosangemat/Jukeini/Momo so I'll have missed companions outside of those.

One minor thing is that in recruitment one (forgot who) says they know their way around a blade, but have no proficiency or (I think) weapon master.

You probably mean this sound mod? It has been done for 2.1, so be careful:

Pylorama said:
Hey guys,  check this out. I tried to make "japanizator" (a compilation of sounds) for gekokujo. :wink:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9zey05djz14l9d5
Instruction:
1. Download
2. Backup sounds.txt, music.txt in "\Mount&Blade - Warband\Modules\gekokujo\"  folder.
3. Copy files from archive into "\Mount&Blade - Warband\Modules\gekokujo"
4. Enjoy

Also, do not forget this one (also for version 2.1!):

Doggie McDowell said:
Doggie McDowell said:
Okay so I have been tweaking this mod for a while and things are starting to get a bit crazy and a bit illegal, I thought other people might like what I'm doing so I've took a few screenshots to show.

This is the Kaga Ikki faction, I've changed all the armours and created two new classes.
557y.jpg
In this screen you can see ronins on the left (which are some of the top tier troops) and expert ashigarus on the right (I renamed the spearmen to ashigaru sorry bro). The flags on the back vary between units.
fz6g.jpg
Here are the ronins up close so you can see the details on the armor and kabuto, I made all the models from scratch and they're definitely NOT from a game called Shogun 2:TW  :lol:
d98y.jpg
Here are the monks, I thought this mod needed a proper headcowl model so I've made this one, it took me AGES but I finally figured out how to make it hang onto the body and also cover the head (the game engine is a ***** for this). Also the body is an adaptation of an existing wonderful armour from another modder, I only changed the waist which was way too low and looked weird.
dgoa.jpg
The most trained monks have large shoulder pads which are called sode, they were already outdated at the time but I thought they would give them an ancient and unique look since warrior monks are very traditional in their equipment.

There are also some other models but it's late, maybe I'll show them tomorrow. If the author is interested I could upload the files for the mod, otherwise I will keep working on this for myself. Greetings.

If you guys liked the screenshots above I've uploaded the mod to the internet. It's here:

http://mbwarband.nexusmods.com/mods/5849

Native has the guns because those are samples for people to be able to make mods from.

I actually also have some sound files but it's illegal for me to distribute them lol. Let's just say there's a lot that you can rip from games and stuff. o_o

What we need is royalty-free grunts and yells that sound good for the mod.

Hanakoganei said:
Native has the guns because those are samples for people to be able to make mods from.

I actually also have some sound files but it's illegal for me to distribute them lol. Let's just say there's a lot that you can rip from games and stuff. o_o

What we need is royalty-free grunts and yells that sound good for the mod.

This sounds are actualy good, to be honest I don't realy care about gun sound. I don't even use guns, nor have gunners in my army (expect skrimishers). :grin:

It's weird that in text file Sound wheneever i add
gekokujo_gun_1.wav 2720
gekokujo_gun_2.wav 2720
gekokujo_gun_3.wav 2720
gekokujo_ricochet_1.wav 2720
gekokujo_ricochet_2.wav 2720
gekokujo_ricochet_3.wav 2720
it show error while starting. fl_pistol.wav 2720 doesn't even exist in gekokujo sound folder.

jacobhinds said:
you have top change the number at the top of every .txt file to reflect how many triggers you have.

F**k....I will go back with basic gekokujo sound, since i notice some here are mising, or are very very quiet.

I wish if it is posible jsut ot put yelling and dieing sounds.  :cry:

Edit again: you mean for example in original file is 371, but in this japanese is 366. To change that?

Back
Top Bottom