Co-Op Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

PineTree24

Regular
Is there anything in the future about Co-Oping a campaign.

I'd be fine if I were even a single knight in my team mates group.

Is there any lan options I may have missed?

It's not possible currently, and as much as everyone would like love this option, no plans have been announced to my knowledge.

there is also friendly fire here a noob on your team might shoot you with his/her bow or crossbow it will really be fustrating

Annynduir said:
It's undoable without pretty much rewriting the whole game.

Sorry...exactly how much experience do you have with the M&B source code?

I'm sure Armagan is well aware of peoples' desires for something like this. No one here has any idea how difficult it would be to do...I'm sure that if it's feasible that it will be done eventually.

I'm guessing from his post history that he knows a bit about it.

Regardless, don't be mistaken, it'd be quite an undertaking for Taleworld's.

Should they do it anyways? Yes, I'd happily pay extra for it. Unless they got stingy and charged like 20 bucks.

Demonic Spoon said:
Annynduir said:

I'm sure Armagan is well aware of peoples' desires for something like this. No one here has any idea how difficult it would be to do...I'm sure that if it's feasible that it will be done eventually.
Comparing his post and your post; I think he knows about it more than you do. Especially considering the fact that Armagan said years ago that multiplayer would mean the entire game would need to be rewritten. And I think it's likely that they'd have made it a co-op instead of what it's now if that had been possible at the time.

Co-op or whatever you want to call it would probably bring m&b up a notch. Can you imagine how fun it would be to have players running around on the map?

FrisianDude said:
Can you imagine how excruciatingly long one match would be? :shock: I wouldn't *ever* play that.

A good turn based strategy game can have campaigns that last 8+ hours. I think the only way you could do multiplayer campaign mode in M&B would be one of two ways. Either you MMO it, or you make it where you can save up the game and reload it later with the same people.

I imagine the game engine wasn't built with this in mind, so I don't expect it to come out in a patch or anything, but a future expansion or M&B2... So far I'm the only one out of my friends that actually bought the game after trying the demo, but we all agree that running a 3-4 player coop campaign would be incredibly fun.

FrisianDude said:
Can you imagine how excruciatingly long one match would be? :shock: I wouldn't *ever* play that.

It wouldn't be something you pub, it'd be something you coordinate with a group of friends.

Demonic Spoon said:
Annynduir said:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom