Antiquity OSP 3D Art Classical Italian/Roman items - Read Last Post!

Which Armors shall Gothic Work on?

• Double belt Roman Hamata(Post Marian Reforms/Augustan Era)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Square Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Pectoral Italian Breastplate?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Gallic Hamata?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Gothic Knight said:
The same way my cd drive failed and my sound card gives me problems:horrid luck. The 8800GTS I can understand, but a 7950GT that was in its case for a year or 2 not working, kinda weird. I'll try to do a little testing when I feel the rage in me go down. It was totally random too, after 1 or 2 years of working perfectly it just froze on WoT for no reason.

well thinking about it it passed me, it freezed, the monitor goes black and later i haved to clean my VD and my Motherboard....

try it, i dont know if that will help too much, but, you loose nothing trying it

Samnite Helmets, and torso armor, man..........

Here's some reference..... I have some more from a book I own, 'Warfare in the Classical World' by John Warry. Maybe I'll scan a few pics later. Or you can probably find it at a local library.....

I particularly like the helmets with the 3 to 5 feathers....

002_Samnites.jpg
roman_samnite_spears.gif
roman_samnite_swordsmen.gif

95959_c%20(Custom).jpg
95959_002%20(Custom).jpg
95959_b%20(Custom).jpg

72568_c%20(Custom).jpg
72568_002%20(Custom).jpg
72568_b_002%20(Custom).jpg

Greek%20armour%20with%20Chalcidian%20bronze%20helmet.jpg

67959.jpg

72701.jpg

attachment.php

Casque_attique_samnite_HL193.jpg

sanniti4.jpg

Pretty cool stuff. I actually have a copy on the second to last spoiler of the guy with the boar painted shield I might try making the helm soon although I'm still having problems with games crashing so I don't know.

FrisianDude said:
Really? On both accounts. :eek:
If you mean it was me, it wasn't, but I've looked up to the makers of these helms as well as historical reading as inspiration for making these items. I find the stuff during the rise of Rome more interesting than when Rome was an empire.

Images of the Modified Samnite Attic Helm.
WIP- I haven't missed with the feather attachment, lower part of the helm apparently.
26811640.jpg
WIP2- Working on the lower part and figuring out how to line the vertices right to produce the look I want.
41906237.jpg

CounterPoint391 said:
Looks good so far, but first pic doesn't show...

Second one is better anyway. I'lm debating whether to go through the every annoying pain that will be painting the lines at the edges of the helmet or trying to mess around with the vertices and making a hard edged one like I normally like to do. Hard edging looks better visibly so I might go that route.

Back
Top Bottom