Character Generation and Starting Stats

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzgull

Recruit
Hello everyone, hope you're all loving Vikings. I'm having a great time with it :smile:

However, I was wondering if anyone knew how the starting options for your character influence it's stats/skills and what not. If someone has a table or a link, that would be great.

Now that our games aren't crashing every hour. Could we get some information on our starting stats?  :mrgreen:

Hate to double post, no else has made a topic for it yet though.

I would rather have the option for the vanilla mode of leveling and stats.
Also, what's the deal with troops taking ages to level up? Good god, as if the death ratio wasn't high enough in naval combat.

Tovias said:
Also, what's the deal with troops taking ages to level up? Good god, as if the death ratio wasn't high enough in naval combat.
You can speed the training up by using the trainer in your refuge.

Tovias said:

You can always edit your char if you are not happy with the game design. Export char, open on a text editor, change stuff, import again.

krisvk said:
You can speed the training up by using the trainer in your refuge.
You can't really start doing that early on the game, I just want my farmers to reach at least watchman status in less than a bloody month. My trainer skill is 5, that should be more than enough to teach a bunch of peasants how to grab a spear and stab someone.

Tovias said:

You could just edit it back to the way it was by yourself.
Just open ''module.ini''

Look for the line "#New leveling system" and edit the values beneath.

Stylus said:
Tovias said:

Just open ''module.ini''

Good find.  I know that I changed the module.ini for Brytenwalda, especially the armor soak factors which really seemed to be quite low.

Stylus said:
Just open ''module.ini''

For a moment I thought you were pulling my leg but there is such thing, thanks.

Tovias said:
My trainer skill is 5, that should be more than enough to teach a bunch of peasants how to grab a spear and stab someone.

Trainer skill starts to be good when you have many companions, as each one will contribute to the XP gain. Its the only skill that adds up for every single companion + your char. Other skills like looting only count for the highest value.

TLDR: 6 companions. Everyone and you have trainer 5 (with bonus). If trainer 5 gives 50xp you will get 350xp every night.

Actually, leadership also stacks in VC, which was something that blew me away when I saw it. And the only reason I noticed was because some of the companions the story gives you has leadership points by default (which I felt was almost a bug).

Then all of a sudden my max partysize was 140 or something.

I know what I want; a manual (unless I missed a topic under Game Concepts accessible in-game).

kalarhan said:
Trainer skill starts to be good when you have many companions, as each one will contribute to the XP gain. Its the only skill that adds up for every single companion + your char. Other skills like looting only count for the highest value.

TLDR: 6 companions. Everyone and you have trainer 5 (with bonus). If trainer 5 gives 50xp you will get 350xp every night.
Yeah, but I got like 8 farmers, come on.

Daergarz said:
Actually, leadership also stacks in VC, which was something that blew me away when I saw it. And the only reason I noticed was because some of the companions the story gives you has leadership points by default (which I felt was almost a bug).

Then all of a sudden my max partysize was 140 or something.

I know what I want; a manual (unless I missed a topic under Game Concepts accessible in-game).

Yeah that would be great. I guess we'll find out a lot more about the way features work once the module's source files are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom