Cavalry is getting annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Menelaos16 said:
Talii said:
fPZgm.png
Lol

Big Mac said:
We do not need longer swords, that's just silly. The horses at the moment are - and have always been in M&B - ****. I'm sure if the devs of this expansion truly are devs they will have something planned for the near future because at the moment even a new player can take down the best cavalry player easily.

Think about it, in real life even if you had a bayonet if you were up 1v1 with a mounted cuirassier you would get the **** out of wherever you where, because he would chop you up and be on his way before you could even react. Horses just don't act anything like their real life counterparts, they have no weight, they do not kick or attack the people around them and they always ******** rear up instead of using their horsey brains and moving themselves out of the damn way. They do not strike fear in to players like they should, they just merely remind them to watch their backs.

Correct me if I am wrong, in the bolded part are you or are you not asking to be overpowered on basis of your choise of class?

Hekko said:
Big Mac said:
We do not need longer swords, that's just silly. The horses at the moment are - and have always been in M&B - ****. I'm sure if the devs of this expansion truly are devs they will have something planned for the near future because at the moment even a new player can take down the best cavalry player easily.

Think about it, in real life even if you had a bayonet if you were up 1v1 with a mounted cuirassier you would get the **** out of wherever you where, because he would chop you up and be on his way before you could even react. Horses just don't act anything like their real life counterparts, they have no weight, they do not kick or attack the people around them and they always ******** rear up instead of using their horsey brains and moving themselves out of the damn way. They do not strike fear in to players like they should, they just merely remind them to watch their backs.

Correct me if I am wrong, in the bolded part are you or are you not asking to be overpowered on basis of your choise of class?
Nah, I myself think that he meant that the cav are boosted a little so the experienced cav could strike fear in to new players, instead of getting impaled instantly.

I also think cav is underpowered.

I don't think it's right when you have absolutely no chance to kill an infantry if he is aware of you.

I LOOOOVE fighting cav, the amount of idiots that charge straight into my bayonet, get sent flying off their horse and then gutted like a ***** on the floor is hilarious!

Personally Iv never had a problem fighting Cav 1 or 1, if its a lancer... learn to block down, eventually they get bored and pull out the sabre, and then you give 'em the bayonet.

Failing everything else, just shoot them, need to reload? Thats fine, its done in 3 separate phases, you can get one phase done by the time the cav comes back for another go.

Then. Blow them away. Or the horse. And then gut them on the floor like a *****. Again.

Against a pair of cav its slightly more harder, but you are more mobile than them, they can hit into eachother, stumble about or hit into the wall you are taking cover against. As soon as the horse rears... stab high and take down the rider, or do the horse over and take down the rider before his clueless mate gets a chance to react.

Cav are easy, people just don't know how to counter them.

Goker said:

Goker said:
He was muted and he came back with another account during that mute. We call that a duplicate account created to circumvent a warning, which usually results in permban. I wasn't the one who muted and banned him, but I'm pretty sure he was warned not to start another account. So..no, not just a technicality.

Hekko said:
Well it all depends on how you look at it. I'm simply asking for cavalry to be as powerful as they were. See, if they were, then as cavalry (heavy in particular) I could easily beat infantry in a 1v1, they should be made to stick together to beat me, which isn't asking them to do much, is it? Saying I'm asking to be overpowered on my class choice - assuming you're saying it's wrong to be OP - is a bit null at the moment anyway, because of how powerful infantry with bayonets are. I mean is there any point in taking any other weapon? Just by not taking one I'm already at a disadvantage.

I suppose a lot of the current mechanics are sadly down to the engine, though; It's too basic. I'm sure that if this mod was for M&B2 we wouldn't have most of the same problems as a lot of the dynamics would change.
Doctor Scherzando said:
Lock please? I see no reason why this thread should continue to exist.
Are you a moderator? No, you are not. People come to forums to discus things and that's exactly what we are doing. I don't see who we're harming.

Big Mac said:
Well it all depends on how you look at it. I'm simply asking for cavalry to be as powerful as they were. See, if they were, then as cavalry (heavy in particular) I could easily beat infantry in a 1v1, they should be made to stick together to beat me, which isn't asking them to do much, is it? Saying I'm asking to be overpowered on my class choice - assuming you're saying it's wrong to be OP - is a bit null at the moment anyway, because of how powerful infantry with bayonets are. I mean is there any point in taking any other weapon? Just by not taking one I'm already at a disadvantage.

So you are fundamentally asking to have your prefered choise of class buffed into overpoweredness. What right do you specifically have to be overpowered? You have not grinded for ages, you have not come up with something innovative. Infact the only thing that you have done is to chose cavalry, is this grounds to give you increased performance?

Also, if you're fundamentally fine with imbalance and overpowered classes would it not make sense to make line infantry the most powerful, since most people play that and accordingly from a utilitarian point of view you would make the largest group of people happy?

Infantry is not overpowered, things are fairly balanced at the moment, some tweaking may be in order but there are no fundamental flaws in the balance of the game. Cavalry pays for it's speed by a loss of 1v1 melee ability, simple economics. Also, since the last patch swords have been better than bayonets in dismounted 1v1 melee.

I don't want it buffed into overpowerdness, I just want it to be as it should be. What don't you get about that? You seem to just be defending you're favourite class. I mean in what way aren't line infantry OP?
Hekko said:
Also, since the last patch swords have been better than bayonets in dismounted 1v1 melee.
Are you kidding me? The bayonet is mostly one hit kill, even the heaviest swords can't compare to that on foot.

Seriously, even if a small horse started trotting towards most people they would get nervous, now what about a horse bred for war that's charging at speed with a big, imposing man on it's back? Everyone just stands still at the moment because they know they can kill them far too easily.

I can't be bothered in arguing with you any more. You can't even back your side of it up with anything credible.

Big Mac said:
I don't want it buffed into overpowerdness, I just want it to be as it should be. What don't you get about that? You seem to just be defending you're favourite class. I mean in what way aren't line infantry OP?
Hekko said:
Also, since the last patch swords have been better than bayonets in dismounted 1v1 melee.
Are you kidding me? The bayonet is mostly one hit kill, even the heaviest swords can't compare to that on foot.

Seriously, even if a small horse started trotting towards most people they would get nervous, now what about a horse bred for war that's charging at speed with a big, imposing man on it's back? Everyone just stands still at the moment because they know they can kill them far too easily.

I can't be bothered in arguing with you any more. You can't even back your side of it up with anything credible.

I have been hit 4 times with a bayonete and lived ... take a look at Attila's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3g9_WicyY
Hit once with a butter knife and stabbed twice with a bayonete one was a clear overhead to the face ... still alive.

So I really do doubt your "One hit kill" bullcrap with the bayonete ....

There are your facts ... contradict them with your evidence ... please do :wink:

Also note Attila is using the infantry sword ... and still one hit kills people.

Big Mac said:

Cavalry, historically speaking, was overpowered 1v1, and even in general, the balancing factor was the cost of maintaining cavalry. Ingame there is no cost, so to maintain a balance with everything else cavalry will have to give up some of it's historical power. The same has happened to light infantry and guards as well. Do you think that british light infantry was weaker and less healthy than normal line infantry? I think not! The regiments converted to light infantry were amongst the best during the peninsular campaign.

Big Mac said:

I want whatever bayonet you are using, because onehitting people is a luxury, not something that is granted when using a bayonet these days.

A heavy cavaly sword has a longer reach, it's quicker and it has more attack directions compared to a bayonet and the number of hits needed to kill someone are on avarage quite similar, so how exactly are bayonets better again?

Big Mac said:

Balance & playability > Realism

Big Mac said:

Well, since I am not the one asking to have my class buffed to overpoweredness with a straight face I thought I would just make do by shooting your, rather silly, arguments down, since I am fine with the status quo. If you want to change the status quo one ought to assume it's you who needs to provide a basis for the change, not the other party having to find a basis to keep it as is. I can of course come with a basis to preserve the status quo, but I won't bother until you actually have arguments with more substance that 'I want to be overpowered, because in history cavalry was'.

I agree with the statement of balance beats realism, but I also think cav are currently underpowered.

I don't mind if an infantry will have a little advantage when dueling against cav and I can even see the logic behind it, but at the moment the situation is that there is almost no chance at defeat an infantry in 1 vs 1 as cav even if you are a way better player and I think that should be fixed.

Ok, one more post and I'm just going to ignore all of the other **** you are talking.

Try overhead stabbing someone in the face, 9/10 ****ing times it's a one hit kill. Now please try playing the ****ing game before you say the bayonet is not overpowered.

It's not even just hitting to the face - the amount of 1-hit bayonet kills are crazy compared to all other melee weapons. I killed 7 people on the trot as a French Imperial Guard Grenadier with the bayonet stabbing 'em in the stomach, 1-hit to kill each one. Compared to the other melee weapons the bayonet is the deadliest & best option - I ditch sabres, sabre-briquets, sword bayonets, swords, rifle butts in favor of a musket & bayonet if I'm going into melee even if I'm a rifleman or an officer! If you then add in the pathetic spinning people do it's a ridiculously powerful weapon and I am being sincere here - I love using polearms/bayonets but every other melee weapon needs to be brought into line with the bayonet - a smack to the face with the wooden butt of a rifle will incapacitate an opponent, getting a sword bayonet in your guts is going to put you out of action, having a sabre slash your stomach open will stop you from fighting on. It's simple.

Back
Top Bottom