CANADA: Gabby's beloved lost faction....

Add Canada back into Old America 1860?

• Yes

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

AFC98

Recruit
Hey, new to Taleworlds but long time M&B player... Anyway, being a Canadian (a damn proud one at that) I must ask where did Canada go in the update?? I loved playing for them. I understand wanting to add mexico, but do they really need two factions? Over all I like the new update, just not the change in damage to range ratio. Thanks for your time - KC
PS Why do we start with a Canadian uniform if the faction doesn't exsist? (I may just be ill-informed)

AFC98 said:
Hey, new to Taleworlds but long time M&B player... Anyway, being a Canadian (a damn proud one at that) I must ask where did Canada go in the update?? I loved playing for them. I understand wanting to add mexico, but do they really need two factions? Over all I like the new update, just not the change in damage to range ratio. Thanks for your time - KC
PS Why do we start with a Canadian uniform if the faction doesn't exsist? (I may just be ill-informed)

In the latest version it was decided to replace Canada with the French Foreign Legion invading Mexico instead. It was deemed that this faction was more historically relevant to the "1860's" period in which the West was growing and there was Civil War in the states.  :idea: At the same time the French intervention into the matters of Mexico was also very important. Sorry for the disappointment. :sad:

The damage ratio is set to reflect the deadliness of firearms and the effect it has on battle, carelessly charging into a hailstorm of musket fire will certainly be against better judgement. Also in the latest version Canadian uniforms and weapons still exist, have not been and have not been decided if they will be cycled out or not. 
Edit by Gab:
...and U can still make a Personal Canadian Army, upgrading Mercs and Canadian Metis.  :mrgreen:

Thanks for your concerns,
GO CANES!

...ehh, dear AFC98....that' s what U get for not posting ur liking of the Canadian part of the Mod and for not sharing opinions on debates done on my Topics , see?  :wink:

Naah....seriously, U surely missed all that, it happens....  :wink:
I made a New Topic just for this issue, my friend, just to explain that I was VERY sorry to delete Canada.
Go back and check!  :cry:
I love that Country ...and the different and better way they handled Natives rights, there...compared to Usa and Mexico.  :cool:
Here is my last comment on all that, and it says a lot:
Lainncli said:
GABRILDURO said:
@ Lainncli said:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I understand why you want to keep it to 6 factions, but surely the British in Canada are too important to leave out? As the liberal reforms haven't happened yet, all you would have to do is find some uniforms. The 1812 mod has decent uniforms, you could ask them for some. You already have to weapons: Enfields, basic swords, Beaumont-Adams for officers.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
-Yeah...I was so sorry to delete Canada... :cry: But I HAD to change, according to Bask, but exp. to my Co-Developer MARECONE, that suggested to involve Factions al in own wars:
Usa+Csa
Mexico +France
Indians+Pioneers
Did U guys notice how actually all that has a good balance?
And how good works the Permanent war for each couple of fighters?
Honestly, Canada could potencially be part of the conflicts, expecially Acw...but historically had NO fighting roles ever, not even with their own natives (HATS down for that, actually...Canada had the BEST attitude with Natives!  :cool: )

But I do and still miss Canada, I know.....unfortunately adding a new Faction and all things connected is not in my plans. Too many issues and possible bugs/problems.
Be happy though:
-U actually START the Mod as a Canadian Soldier, hey...
-Canadian Uniforms and weapons can be bought in shops (are obviously rare though...)
-Canadian Army can be raised using Mercs and Canadian Metis.
----and might be that I will make new neutral Centers...in canada...in the next update.
But they will be coded NOT as Towns, but kind of Gaston s Village, see... :oops:

Ok, now I think about it that should work well going into mid game. Having some neutral villages would be a really cool, I can imagine a kind of exile situation, fleeing north to escape the remnants of your faction.

BTW, I did some rebalancing on the Enfield scoped. You might want to put it on the next patch:

itm_enfield_scoped Enfield_Scoped Enfield_Scoped 1  enfield_scoped 0  279783211017 4222130825199616 3700 0 10.250000 10 0 0 175 0 0 37 550 0 1 506 512
-51.000000  4 389 2 48 1152921504606847102 720 2 1 -18 721 2 1 24 1969 3 1008806316530991133 1 7

I felt that there was no advantage in the scoped, considering accuracy is the same as other rifles. I moved it up to 175, though an alternative would be to change the sight icon, maybe even make it so you could use the scope in first person... please?

Hmm. Okay, it does make sense. I just really loved playing as my nation, like anyone else would. One thing you sohuld know though is that Canada did play a role during the Civil war. I'm sure you have heard of the undergrounf railway to Canada. Also, Canada played a role, helping the CSA is different ways, but trying to keep the Union happy at the same time to avoid invasion. Anyway thanks for the reply.
PS still Hoping Canada will have a return!
PSS Canada today.... The natives here don't recieve the care that you think. The government just gives them money. People generaly don't like them because money that goes to the reserves could be used somewhere else. (not my opinion completely)

He does have a point... really Canada had A-LOT going on in the 1860's, such as the railroads... and pretty much Canada being created. Now I am a Canadian, but I never played as them, didn't really bother (I'm a Confederate :wink:) and it does make sense to have the French in their as-well, but not completely wipe out the Canada part.

Well like Gab had mentioned, the faction of Canada may be excluded currently, but there are still troops of Canadian Mercenaries, as well as uniforms and weapons in game, so you can play as a regiment or party if you will. No doubt Canada has a great history and was a major player in the 1860's period of North American history, but we felt the French intervention in Mexico was a more important part for the mod.  :idea:

It is alot more work to add another faction as well. This does not rule it out completely in future releases however!  :wink:

Exactly!
And, see....that s why I always insist on being active in supporting or at least partecipating to discussions on my topics.
U said: "I must ask where did Canada go in the update?? I loved playing for them"
Well, why didn t U ever post a comment, then?

Remember: always focus expecially on things that U liked, not just on some details that U found wrong or disliked, as most forumers do.

If I, or any Modder, had an explosion of enthusiasm on Canada in older versions, I would have considered better to just leave Factions as they were.  :wink:

Anyway, I see U like the new updates, anyway...and is good, cuz it was a huge, killing work that I did!  :twisted:

Keep this topic that I made for U, alive.
Ask Canadians supporters to join and post news, comments, etc etc....and may be giving some HELP... :wink:
If it will become very active and encouraging, I might consider HOW and WHEN, to implement Canada.

Gab
PS...I know, Natives are not protected and rewarded as they should, even in Canada.
But they had a better living and were more respected than in the other Countries!  :cool:

I would like to have Canada simply because otherwise a whole area of the map is blank, and in 1867 it gets Dominion status. One big point of this is to change history, if a player wants. Conquer the Americas for Canada, make everyone play hockey and drink maple syrup and drink poor coffee in Tim Hortons'. :mrgreen:

Kiddin' ? That is the great B&G Mod by Rockwell, the 1st western Mod ever for M&B and the nicest Modder to me, personally, since he gave me help and friendship, after I posted to him this
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1462&page=1#c_9117
My son still plays it really gladly...hehehe....
A dear salud to Rockwell and a huge thx for all he did for me and the whole Comunity (including 1917, first ww1 Mod ever, for WB!!  :cool: )

Murat ÖZCAN said:
Do you have any plan for Canada to bring back this mod in the future?
....only 18 ppl did care to answer to the poll, up above.
Really few, if U ask me....that means that this Canada issue is not considered that important after all...sorry.  :cry:

Gabby

Well, I gladly see that some more comments and votes come out on this issue.
Please Folks, check, read and understand WHY I had to delete Canada and play the new updates to see what challenge and new scenary I made in Mexico, though. (France against Mexico)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,260738.msg6254669.html#msg6254669

It would be nice to add tons of new things, still...but we have to face reality, best compromises and final choices, see?  :eek:

And Mods are for those that still are active and partecipate on Topics and stuff.
After all, most comments and suggestions, die when the main poster leave the forum, just as AFC98.
He is a good supporter, but  last time he was active was one month ago....
Some leave for years, and most for ever....it is obvious that most active Supporters give more weight to my final decisions, then...

Anyway, still go ahead and express ur opinion ....and vote  :wink:
Gab

Back
Top Bottom