SP Native Calradia - Dark Alleys - A Darker Calradia (SECOND Beta Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh no! I've created a monster!

Edit: especially when the transparency isn't working.. It's black if I save it as a png. I guess I'll get a better one tomorrow. I miss my old one already.

This is the best tweak I've played in some time.  I really liked the mood it sets.  The troop types were brilliant.  A few ideas...mind you these are just my two cents:

1.  Loose the "heads as helmets".  Does anyone dig these?  It sort of ruins the feel of the setting that you can buy replacement heads in a shop.  The skins for them are great however.  Anyway to work those into the head selection of character creation?
2.  Add some dingy and twisted banners to match the setting.
3.  Make prisoners more prone to join you.  At least they won't starve or die of consumption as part of your army.
4.  I agree with the earlier person who mentioned adding assassins to the towns.  Maybe up percentage of times you get jumped when going into towns.
5.  There are a lot of mods with dungeons now.  Maybe you could rig up a Vile Orphanage and other spots along those lines?  Lots of Orphans and cannibal cooks.  Maybe a Twisted Convent?  Are there nuns in the game?  If not there sure be.
6.  Plagued enemies would be fun.  I've seen Auras used in several mods to reflect effects like fire shields, speed or slow debuffs, and the like.
7.  Bonesaws would be great hand weapons for those back alley doctors you are working on :smile:

Hats off to you.  I'll be watching this one closely.  I wish I had the skills to help you :smile:

I don't think this has been covered yet but my rifle didn't make any noise upon firing

All around awesome mod, very gritty feeling, made me wonder what the conquering armies would think upon return

Ravenheild said:
I don't think this has been covered yet but my rifle didn't make any noise upon firing

All around awesome mod, very gritty feeling, made me wonder what the conquering armies would think upon return

And my rapid-fire crossbow made smoke. . . .

cloudcaptain said:
1.  Loose the "heads as helmets".  Does anyone dig these?  It sort of ruins the feel of the setting that you can buy replacement heads in a shop.  The skins for them are great however.  Anyway to work those into the head selection of character creation?
2.  Add some dingy and twisted banners to match the setting.
3.  Make prisoners more prone to join you.  At least they won't starve or die of consumption as part of your army.
4.  I agree with the earlier person who mentioned adding assassins to the towns.  Maybe up percentage of times you get jumped when going into towns.
5.  There are a lot of mods with dungeons now.  Maybe you could rig up a Vile Orphanage and other spots along those lines?  Lots of Orphans and cannibal cooks.  Maybe a Twisted Convent?  Are there nuns in the game?  If not there sure be.
6.  Plagued enemies would be fun.  I've seen Auras used in several mods to reflect effects like fire shields, speed or slow debuffs, and the like.
7.  Bonesaws would be great hand weapons for those back alley doctors you are working on :smile:

1, I quite like the heads as helmets. It also lets me play with stats and makes things alittle more fun.
2, Banners should be changed yeah (same for red planet).
3, Nice idea.
4, Agreed, I got jumped testing new mercenaries last night and it was pretty fun (the whole mod was originally going to be set in streets but it worked out better how it is).
5, Hmmm... I need to do female mercenaries anyway, so I'll jot nuns down.
6, Nice notion, I was also considering small explosives.
7, I'll ask Alan.

I should add that although I agree with alot of those points and have ideas of my own, I'm only a texture/models and ideas man... I dont use the module system or really want to. This is where alot of the red planet problems become unfixable. I was hoping that once I proved the mods worth someone would come in and work on that side of things and if not then I was happy just to put it as it is.

For the meanwhile I'll be operating within my area/areas, any help is welcome.

Ravenheild said:

The trigger to make the pistol sound and smoke caused the mod to crash, same with red planet.

SupaNinjaMan said:
And my rapid-fire crossbow made smoke. . . .

Because it's cloned from the seige crossbow, I assumed a multi-fire mechanisim would make abit of smoke (though it does lag abit on my PC).

Food...the human hearts were a nice touch :smile:

How about a "Bag of Kiddies" or "Sack O' Waifs" or such?  Sort of A Modest Proposal meets M&B?

cloudcaptain said:
Food...the human hearts were a nice touch :smile:

How about a "Bag of Kiddies" or "Sack O' Waifs" or such?  Sort of A Modest Proposal meets M&B?

I'm afraid it's seriously frowned on to involve children in any violent manner within Mount and Blade (such as a snack, shield or last minute weaponary).

Here's a preview of some of the new heads...

new_heads.png

(from left to right: violent criminal, carnival entertainer, back alley doctor and walking corpse)

I really dig the Stovepipe hat.  You should see if you can pitch in with the fellow making the Gangs of New York mod (Alan Q Smithee) " Bloody Ould Sixth".  You have similar ideas and scopes to a degree.

Ok....so if my Modest Proposal was rejected...I'll have to settle with hacking down the starving orphans :smile:  You really had something there with the baby-shield concept though.

Maybe the prisoner trade could be brought forward in importance a bit.  There is a tweak out there that makes selling the captives more relative to their worth.  Then you could have a food barrel that reads "reconstituted prisoners" or "noncompliant  captives"!

Also...gnarled old women could rove around in bandit gangs marked "Rag Pickers".

If and when you get to the point of needing writing or voice work done...I would enjoy helping.

cloudcaptain said:
I really dig the Stovepipe hat.  You should see if you can pitch in with the fellow making the Gangs of New York mod (Alan Q Smithee) " Bloody Ould Sixth".  You have similar ideas and scopes to a degree.

Ok....so if my Modest Proposal was rejected...I'll have to settle with hacking down the starving orphans :smile:  You really had something there with the baby-shield concept though.

Maybe the prisoner trade could be brought forward in importance a bit.  There is a tweak out there that makes selling the captives more relative to their worth.  Then you could have a food barrel that reads "reconstituted prisoners" or "noncompliant  captives"!

Also...gnarled old women could rove around in bandit gangs marked "Rag Pickers".

If and when you get to the point of needing writing or voice work done...I would enjoy helping.
I know that Alan made the rats both throwable and club weapony
I love that back alley doctor's eyeglasses

cloudcaptain said:

We've been sharing models but the mods are fairly different in style.

cloudcaptain said:

I need to work on some female characters as I'm planning to give them their own mercenary troop trees. I'll bare it in mind.

could you please tell me if there is a troop line that fights on foot with pistol and blade? Or in general favors firearms and mobility? I'm making a bastard sword and pistol character and I prefer to command troops that fight in a similar manner to me(this way I can actually get the feel of being a front line commander).

Ludial said:
could you please tell me if there is a troop line that fights on foot with pistol and blade? Or in general favors firearms and mobility? I'm making a bastard sword and pistol character and I prefer to command troops that fight in a similar manner to me(this way I can actually get the feel of being a front line commander).

There are Highwayman which are mounted with pistol and blade? They're found on the Noble Deciever troop trees.

Firearm troops on foot, dont appear in the current beta release though there are private detectives coming in the next release which use pistols on foot, though you'll have to work through mercenary troop trees to get to them...

Tavern Local - Extra Hand - Professional - Private Detective

I wanna make rifle troops at some point though as the mod focuses on the "underhive" it's hard to write them in. Discharged soldiers or game poachers perhaps?

guess I'll pick highwaymen and have them fight on foot... which is nice, I love Vaegirs :mrgreen: or wait for the private detectives.

Back
Top Bottom