C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Well Imelda's the ruler of Lauria and Margaret the ruler of Haelmar..

Though Haelmar is probably a constitutional monarchy with Iohann as Regent.

As for clans... hm.. one of them perhaps. Not sure though.

SurrealDolphin said:
Would it be possible for the Clans to be a Matriarchy?  A High Queen, possibly female nobles with male marriage stuff, with land grants to female pcs and not to men, but if that is undesirable/difficult then just have it be in the lore that the women are the rulers, and the men the warriors?

There be a High King, Edward Glenn of the clan Glenn. No woman can send men to rape cattle and steal women.

There is a huge difference between a patriarchal monarchy ruled by a woman, and a matriarchy.  A matriarchal clan system makes a lot of sense, with women deciding affairs of state, making laws, etc in a council system, with men as the warriors.  There were definitely some American first nation peoples who did it, and matralinial-goddess worship, with elements of matriarchy were definitely not uncommon in Gaul/Eireland/Scotland/Wales etc. in pre Cristian times, which is kind of the impression I get for the clans.  I understand if it isn't the direction that the modders see the clans going, I'm sure there is already a fairly cohesive picture for what they are like.  If the justification for not implementing it is that "real men cannot be ruled by women" and that there is some moral objection to the idea, then I will be VERY upset with the mod.  There is very clearly fascist nation, and even a faction committing genocide.  So whether or not a matriarchy is immoral or undesirable shouldn't be an issue.  If an individual player doesn't like it, they can pillage their villages, rape their women and murder their children. Simple. 

I am not saying the IS is Nazi. I know they aren't.  They aren't racist at all.  They are pretty fascist though, with the megalalomaniac kaiser, the rejection/supplimation of religious values, the huge focus on the military, and the focus on industry to create weapons of war, aka firearms.  This is facist.  It is not like Hitler.  The Tzardom is the racist genocider faction, which also has nothing to do with Hitler or the Nazis.

I believe they're talking about Scottish Clans at times of House of Stuart. And C'mon. Yeah, sure feminism IS a good thing, but you don't have to shove it everywhere...

EDIT: Oh, two post came before. Still, I say: C'mon!!!

SurrealDolphin said:
I am not saying the IS is Nazi. I know they aren't.  They aren't racist at all.  They are pretty fascist though, with the megalalomaniac kaiser, the rejection/supplimation of religious values, the huge focus on the military, and the focus on industry to create weapons of war, aka firearms.  This is facist.

:cry:

SurrealDolphin said:
I am not saying the IS is Nazi. I know they aren't.  They aren't racist at all.  They are pretty fascist though, with the megalalomaniac kaiser, the rejection/supplimation of religious values, the huge focus on the military, and the focus on industry to create weapons of war, aka firearms.  This is facist.  It is not like Hitler.  The Tzardom is the racist genocider faction, which also has nothing to do with Hitler or the Nazis.
Look, what you are talking about HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FASCISM!

And if I may say a word about this thing: The Imperial State IS a veryveryvery nationalistic country, NOT fascist.

Everyone in EATRC is focusing highly on their military.

I'm not against women being in control of a small part of the Clans (each faction has 15? lords? Then say, 2-4?) with a faction entirely ruled by female lords isn't exactly what I want.

Venitius said:
Everyone in EATRC is focusing highly on their military.

I'm not against women being in control of a small part of the Clans (each faction has 15? lords? Then say, 2-4?) with a faction entirely ruled by female lords isn't exactly what I want.
Yup. Damn, this whole thing got my blood boiling...

Fascism is a system of governance based in fervent nationalism, and corporate industry and militarism.  It is hierarchal in nature, and so has one person on the top of the social ladder, aka the Kaiser.  The huge focus on the military is fascist.  It is not the sole realm of fascism.  Because of corporate run industry with close ties to government, and the militarism that is a part of said government, a huge war industry is a natural by-product of fascism, as is the abuse or denial of many religious values.  Not trying to attack fascism either, honestly.

My apologies for stirring up trouble as well, not my intent.

Does this matter now?

No.

You basically say that you think that the clans should have a matriarchal clan system and say that is a unique idea and the excuse given by another person is stupid.

Now let's discuss that and not talk about fascism. If you want to go to the Sages' Guild. I admit that I was stupid to misread that post in the first place and to amend my mistake I ask you all to cease discussion on this. (this being fascism)

SurrealDolphin said:
Fascism is a system of governance based in fervent nationalism, and corporate industry and militarism.  It is hierarchal in nature, and so has one person on the top of the social ladder, aka the Kaiser.  The huge focus on the military is fascist.  It is not the sole realm of fascism.  Because of corporate run industry with close ties to government, and the militarism that is a part of said government, a huge war industry is a natural by-product of fascism, as is the abuse or denial of many religious values.  Not trying to attack fascism either, honestly.

The Kaiser is determined by birth, not by ascension by the current ruler choosing his successor. Additionally, the hierarchy structure is completely aristocratic, as opposed to civilian politicians. The huge focus on the military was always a German trait, so that isn't truly indicative of the IS being Fascist. There aren't any corporations, the industry is state run. Religion is no factor in the IS.

If its an autocracy Tiberius, I am wrong. I could explain how I got to my erroneous conclusion but it would be off topic now. :wink: 
I think that it would be really cool for them to be matriarchal. If they aren't because you already know what you want them to be, ignore my suggestion, no harm done.  If the reason for not using it is blatant sexism however, I will be fairly annoyed.  This is also not a problem.  It won't be the end of the world, my opinion has little import, and I would probably still play the mod.  Being sexist, is a choice.  I am not in any trying to attack any individuals beliefs about the place of women or of men.  However, those individual beliefs have little place in the creation of a faction.  The reason I am suggesting this for the clans, is because it could fit in with them.  There is a history of Goddess worship in many parts of pre Cristian/Roman Europe, and religious and political leaders were frequently women in many clans. Boudica is a prime example. 

Back
Top Bottom