Bugtracking - see first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! Since there's no option to report for .92 in bugtracker, I'll mention these issues here:

1. Equipment/clothing which of with contains bare skin, appears to turn those parts of the unit invisible
2. Assets (textures, not sky) turning pink in thunderstorm

Admittedly, Steam updated its version automatically (1.167), while in these forums, it is stated The Deluge is still for 1.153-1.158. Could this be cause for concern, and how would I address this?

Lastly, thank you for the continual fine work on The Deluge!

The hairstyles on the character creation scene are a bit messed up right now. You can choose the hairstyles which were only meant to show up when you wore a hat.

SolidXerm said:
The hairstyles on the character creation scene are a bit messed up right now. You can choose the hairstyles which were only meant to show up when you wore a hat.

Yes, I know. There's not much we can do about it, though (apart from removing the current hair system or redoing all the hair models). But even if player will pick one of those hairs, they will be replaced with proper hair on player spawn... at least they should. :wink:

1. Equipment/clothing which of with contains bare skin, appears to turn those parts of the unit invisible

What system do you use? Windows, Linux, Mac?

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:

What system do you use? Windows, Linux, Mac?

Windows 7.

It appears that, by habit, I launched Deluge via the "Scripts-All-Inclusive"–shortcut. This seems causal to these odd dyes on textures. Could be a hint for anyone experiencing the same thing(s).

I can however note that I am still seeing invisible bare bodies in equipment screen (though not in battle), as well as invisible weapons (cossack pikes in battle).

This latest edition is excellent indeed, considering the new faction, but unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy it. There is one trouble I have with playing in general, which is that the game runs pretty slow for me, even with a moderate number of players, in comparison to the former edition. My system's capabilities are moderate, but quite adequate, and my games in the last edition (and all other mods) went entirely well, even with large numbers. It seems the texture in the new edition is generally polished by default, and so even the lowest choices in the video options will not do any good. Also, I have observed that when the texture is set at 45% or lower, all the text in the game (including the page with the options itself) becomes blurred and utterly illegible. Has anyone here met with the same troubles, and does anyone know how to resolve them? Your advice would be very much valued.

Latest Warband patches seemed to change how textures are handled by the game. A lot now depends on flags assigned to textures, and I overlooked that. Unfortunately, meaning of each flag haven't been documented... or at least I haven't found any documentation on this. But I'll try to set the flags for next version basing on how they're set up for Native and VC.

Some of the textures are meant to stay high quality even if texture quailty is set to low - that refers to all UI elements (I guess it failed with that font) and all flat, 2d images displayed on the screen. In 0.91 those textures were degraded like any other textures and it looked just awfull, even when texture quality settings were quite high (like 95% or so).

As for lower performance, yes, this version is more demanding tha previous one. A lot of models are currently missing their LOD version, so that results in more verticles and polygons displayed for each scene. Also, new, quite high poly trees have been added to scenes, which makes things worse. There are also more script loops running in the background.
Still, I think there's something not right here and the mod should run much better than it is running now. I'm trying to track it down, with no luck so far...

Version 0.92 some swords have stats that do not make sense or are just plain stupid, many of the sabers swing power is anywhere from 16-23c but the few that can thrust have it from 22-35c damage no less, i can see what you are trying to do. but you got the swing and thrust backwards. sabers are great cutting weapons and can thrust (just barely) in a pinch but for low damage, you've made it the wrong way around so now the sabers act like rapiers.
two of the worst offenders are the ornate persian saber with a swing of 20c but a thrust of 35c and the Ornate Tatar saber with a swing of 20c but thrusts for no damage whatsoever

No, it was a debug particle for testing. I forgot to remove it for the release.
You should make the effect smaller and maybe colour it brown, then it'd actually resemble when something penetrates wooden barriers! It would significantly decrease frustration as well because people could see how they were killed instead of left wondering where that shot came from.

Still, I think there's something not right here and the mod should run much better than it is running now. I'm trying to track it down, with no luck so far...

I wish you good luck and I thank you for your efforts: The mod is truly excellent and the best of its kind. How long do you think it will take to have things resolved? Large battles are being fought every two weeks, you know, and I'd be sorry to miss them.

I have a problem, in game, i can´t crouch, and the key doesent appear inside key bindings. And i tried uninstalling it and instaling it
i leave that 2 images as a reference. I installed the patch and nothing
The Deluge 0.92:
http://gyazo.com/8300bc9507c32c0b7fdee62e8fb67d0f
Napoleonics Wars:
http://gyazo.com/1b0c150da7706598bc169bb371fee535

LE_Captain_Bliss said:
I have a problem, in game, i can´t crouch, and the key doesent appear inside key bindings. And i tried uninstalling it and instaling it
The Deluge 0.92:
Napoleonics Wars:
press c or z

LE_Captain_Bliss said:
The Deluge 0.92:
Napoleonics Wars:

It's there, you just missed it:

mb9qgoqo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom