Bugs & Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Hadn't you resigned? :razz:

Anyway, we did change a file in the server to make the moeckscript setting permanent (otherwise it's reset every time you restart the server). I'm sure that shouldn't have any effects whatsoever, but I could have figured out a new way to screw things up.

I saw this problem on this before, but no real solution was given. I seem to have trouble with the activation key. When I enter it it tells me it is unable to connect to the activation server. This is not an internet problem, in fact I can join a Native server without any problems. I tried manual activation, but when I put in the longer code, it said activation denied. My cd key has 4 parts, so that's not the problem. Any ideas?

Germanic Celt said:
I saw this problem on this before, but no real solution was given. I seem to have trouble with the activation key. When I enter it it tells me it is unable to connect to the activation server. This is not an internet problem, in fact I can join a Native server without any problems. I tried manual activation, but when I put in the longer code, it said activation denied. My cd key has 4 parts, so that's not the problem. Any ideas?

Intriguing. How about other mods? Especially something like The Deluge, which, too, utilizes some version of the Warband Script Enhancer.

Germanic Celt said:
This is in fact the first mod that I have downloaded that uses the script enhancer AFAIK.

Can't really help you unless you act on the suggestion / question and rule out mod specific eventualities.

Here's an annoying problem I noticed about Native Warband and it's been carried over to Vikingr as well. I'm not very good at describing these things but I'll give it a go here

Basically I noticed the Norman kite shields look wrong when they're held in block stance if the user looks straight to his front. The shield looks severely tilted in that stance and the user's legs appear exposed due to the tail of the kite pointing to the side. But while this appears so visually, the shield's hitbox which is an invisible circular force field centered around the user's forearm does actually cover the user's legs.

In order to get the kite shield to appear upright, the user has to look up by about 30 degrees, which will then cause the character's forearm, along with the shield to rotate and be raised to a higher position. In doing so the tail of the kite shield will now be pointed downwards to cover the user's legs visually, but this is rather deceiving because by now the actual hitbox of the shield at that moment has been lifted to a position too high to protect the user's legs, leaving him vulnerable to incoming missles

I understand that the hitbox of the shield is hard coded into the game's engine and can't be moved around by the modder, but can we at least rotate the models of the kite shields to make them look upright when they're held in front of the user? Considering the fact that Vikingr incorporates advanced features such as overhand spear thrust and war horns, this problem should be a piece of cake to fix imo.

I don't know if this is a bug or ment to be like that, but isn't it a bit weird to see swords being more popular and more effective in Vikingr, it costed alot of money in real life but axes were also used by rich.
There is a Reason why Franks, Saxons, Vikings and many other cultures used axes more.
It wasn't only because it is easy to make an axe, it is also really effective. Apparently in Vikingr the axes do their job in breaking shields, but when the axe hits any kind of armor it is does less damage than it should do, especially when you hit any sort of axes againts mail you hear some kind of blunt sound and it does little to no damage..

I think i might be the only one that thinks like this but i just see to many swords in Vikingr, i understand why too.. -_-

I agree that the swords should be more expensive. You're having a hard time with axes because you're not aware that Víkingr is running a special script that will make axes (and other weapons) do less damage if you are too close to an opponent (to simulate hitting with the haft, shaft, hilt, etc.). If you know how to use the axes properly, they're quite deadly.

Asks to activate my CD key My CD key is already entered when I click activate. Its denied everytime I click activate. This is a legit version. I own it on steam. I also own the DLC M&B:NW. I cannot play MP with this mod because of this. I tried manual activation and it gave me the same error when I entered the long code it gave me.

Vancer2 said:
Asks to activate my CD key My CD key is already entered when I click activate. Its denied everytime I click activate. This is a legit version. I own it on steam. I also own the DLC M&B:NW. I cannot play MP with this mod because of this. I tried manual activation and it gave me the same error when I entered the long code it gave me.
Do you have a 4x4 key? If you don't, you can try converting it here.

Vancer2 said:
The same problem. I have 10 friends with the same problem. Please help!!!

hrotha i have a 4x4 key, and i have the same problem. I sent a ticket support to TaleWorlds but they didn't respond to me. I don't know what to do as next step.

At first, thank you for your fast answer, and sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain xD.

I tried to do that you say, but it say the same: "Activation Denied!", it happens with all WSELoader.exe mods (The Deluge, Vikingr, etc...) Idk how to repair it... :sad:

Well, my Steam Warband Native works perfectly, and i can play another mods that doesn't install "WSELoader" modification. Anyway, the only way to play online Vikingr is with WSELoader. The same for The Deluge.

When is a different folder of installation, because the mod requires, i can't play. Well, i see in another posts that the problem is i can't activate any warband game until 60 days of my last activation. I hope that's not true, because it will be a ... bad word...

I know that, but to locate the issue we need to rule out that it's a problem with a non-Steam installation not being able to retrieve your CD key or something - in other words, whether this is a Warband or a WSE issue. Please, set up a non-Steam Native version and see if that works. :smile:

You could also try to run Víkingr, then run regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> MountAndBladeWarbandKeys and make sure your Activation Code and CD keys are entered correctly in the registry.

Ok, I tried out and nothing happens, i see all is in order, i check in the notepad the serial, the hardware hash and the activation manual code, and is exactly that Warband provides me (and hardware manual activation from http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php ) <--- I write it manually xD

All seems in order, what can I try now? :smile: XD

Back
Top Bottom