Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarc said:
Cleric spell Firestorm seems to do 0-1 damage even to peasants no matter the level of faith.

Harm seems to do pretty badly too: peasants taking 0-8 dmg  and sea raiders take 0 dmg.

Negative energy burst does great group damage so not all cleric AoE spells are worthless.

This was through a quick test with new character with cheated levels since my main paladin can't cast all cleric spells. I was interested in knowing what companions could do with high faith as clerics.

If this is a legit bug. Is there a way to edit spell damage so i can make higher lvl cleric spells useful

Otherwise great mod. Very fun to have magic add into chaos of standard melee.

I'm kind of short on time these days but I expect to revisit the mod next month.  I was trying to make some changes over at Warsword Conquest these last three months but pretty much they dont need me as much as they think they do, and some are sort of hostile to change anyway.  Not all, just some.

Now as far as specific bugs, partly it depends on your faith and partly it depends on the target's magic resist for cleric spells and mage spells are definitely weakened by the armor you wear if the armor isn't very light in weight.  The good news is this makes mages more capable of dodge if they get a little athletics as well, so don't burden npcs with heavy gear IF they are magic users.  Clerics the weight carried does nothing except slow them down a bit but for clerics they want high faith, as some range effects and damage output is a combination of faith and alignment.  Good aligned does considerably less damage except to undead, but heals more and to a larger radius, as well as contributes more to the auto resurrect check following battles in series v156.  So damage numbers are a little bit situational.  A paladin won't even be offered negative energy burst so you must have an evil cleric.  Evil should at least have better range and damage, but maybe you still had a low faith skill.

gsanders said:
Jarc said:
Cleric spell Firestorm seems to do 0-1 damage even to peasants no matter the level of faith.

Harm seems to do pretty badly too: peasants taking 0-8 dmg  and sea raiders take 0 dmg.

Negative energy burst does great group damage so not all cleric AoE spells are worthless.

This was through a quick test with new character with cheated levels since my main paladin can't cast all cleric spells. I was interested in knowing what companions could do with high faith as clerics.

If this is a legit bug. Is there a way to edit spell damage so i can make higher lvl cleric spells useful

Otherwise great mod. Very fun to have magic add into chaos of standard melee.

I'm kind of short on time these days but I expect to revisit the mod next month.  I was trying to make some changes over at Warsword Conquest these last three months but pretty much they dont need me as much as they think they do, and some are sort of hostile to change anyway.  Not all, just some.

Now as far as specific bugs, partly it depends on your faith and partly it depends on the target's magic resist for cleric spells and mage spells are definitely weakened by the armor you wear if the armor isn't very light in weight.  The good news is this makes mages more capable of dodge if they get a little athletics as well, so don't burden npcs with heavy gear IF they are magic users.  Clerics the weight carried does nothing except slow them down a bit but for clerics they want high faith, as some range effects and damage output is a combination of faith and alignment.  Good aligned does considerably less damage except to undead, but heals more and to a larger radius, as well as contributes more to the auto resurrect check following battles in series v156.  So damage numbers are a little bit situational.  A paladin won't even be offered negative energy burst so you must have an evil cleric.  Evil should at least have better range and damage, but maybe you still had a low faith skill.

The earlier test was made with neutral cleric since that is what I assume companions turn into.

I did few more tests since I didn't think of the alignment effect on spells
All characters with 10 faith and 30 charisma
All characters were naked with nothing equipped
All characters were generic cleric

Good:
Swadian farmer  harm= not possible  flame strike= 70-90  firestorm= 0 dmg
Sea raider          harm= not possible  flame strike= 50-70  firestorm= 0 dmg
Healing              1 cast from 5 hp to 51 hp (max hp)

Neutral:
Swadian farmer  harm= 1-9(mid end)  flame strike= 80-100  firestorm= 0 dmg
Sea raider          harm= 0-2                flame strike= 50-70  firestorm= 0 dmg
Healing              1 cast from 5 hp to 45 hp

Evil:
Swadian farmer  harm= 1-9(high end)  flame strike= 70-90  firestorm= 0 dmg
Sea raider          harm= 0-3                flame strike= 40-70  firestorm= 0 dmg
Healing              1 cast from 5 hp to 25 hp

I tried flame strike only a couple times because it seems to be working, so damage variation might be different for someone else. The main thing is the firestorm: a high level spell doing absolutely nothing to enemies while being limited to few targets and casts, compared to harm that appears to affect every hostile on the radius and is spammable.
Though harm is pretty useless too since i don't think peasants are enemy you should be needing spells to deal with and sea raider level enemies take dozen castings and still be left standing.

Also during these tests I noticed that in character creation if you go back to choice of being king or not and choose not being king the selection will not be reversed and you still start as king.
Swadian characters start at the Praven which is under control of the Drow

*edit*
Warband is  1.173

Mod version is:
Phantasy_v156_full_B8b

and patch applied:
phantasy_patch_v156b9
*edit*

Ok so. I installed the latest version of the game 1.56. I then put the patch files for 1.56b. I have two problems as follows:

1. The Overland Map Speed is super slow. I.E. I'm moving at practically 3.0 speed when It says I should be at 7 (as my avatar indicates) because of my small party of about 14. But Its verrrry slow. is this a bug or a feature of some kind? I've seen posts for this but never really a solution.

2. The Arena Guy tells me there is going to be a Tourney at (insert town here) but when i get to that town there is no tourney? Is that a bug? or a feature where it is going to happen at some point?

3. Praven is under the control by the Drow at the very beginning after i make a character. I'm assuming this is a feature. but I have to ask just to be sure.

4. You do not have the option to not skip the merchant's quest (see footnote*)

*I am assuming that several factors are in play for any of these bugs:
1. I am a Drow rogue/ranger on foot
2. Being a Drow I am evil
3. Being a Drow I am classified as Night

Please let me know if any of these factors are features or bugs and perhaps solutions.

Otherwise great mod. 

Sir_Nevermind said:
Ok so. I installed the latest version of the game 1.56. I then put the patch files for 1.56b. I have two problems as follows:

1. The Overland Map Speed is super slow. I.E. I'm moving at practically 3.0 speed when It says I should be at 7 (as my avatar indicates) because of my small party of about 14. But Its verrrry slow. is this a bug or a feature of some kind? I've seen posts for this but never really a solution.
    depends on the patch version.  The later patches sped that up, but had other problems.

2. The Arena Guy tells me there is going to be a Tourney at (insert town here) but when i get to that town there is no tourney? Is that a bug? or a feature where it is going to happen at some point?
    too many complaints after people messed up tournies after editing them, so I blocked access to tournies.

3. Praven is under the control by the Drow at the very beginning after i make a character. I'm assuming this is a feature. but I have to ask just to be sure.
    This is intended.

4. You do not have the option to not skip the merchant's quest (see footnote*)
    It skips for you after 2-3 days, and grants you credit same as skip did.

*I am assuming that several factors are in play for any of these bugs:
1. I am a Drow rogue/ranger on foot
2. Being a Drow I am evil
3. Being a Drow I am classified as Night

Please let me know if any of these factors are features or bugs and perhaps solutions.

Otherwise great mod.

too many complaints after people messed up tournies after editing them, so I blocked access to tournies.

oh. Unfortunate.

The Overland Map Speed is super slow. I.E. I'm moving at practically 3.0 speed when It says I should be at 7 (as my avatar indicates) because of my small party of about 14. But Its verrrry slow. is this a bug or a feature of some kind? I've seen posts for this but never really a solution.
    depends on the patch version.  The later patches sped that up, but had other problems.

which patch version is that? or should I just basically stay away from it?

Sir_Nevermind said:
The Overland Map Speed is super slow. I.E. I'm moving at practically 3.0 speed when It says I should be at 7 (as my avatar indicates) because of my small party of about 14. But Its verrrry slow. is this a bug or a feature of some kind? I've seen posts for this but never really a solution.

which patch version is that? or should I just basically stay away from it?

This was addressed by any patch after v156 A2, so I would expect to see it if you are running anything April or earlier.
If you are in series v156 try patch B7 if you don't plan on getting married, else b8, in which case avoid taking quests.
You could also go to camp menu, phantasy settings, and set exploration to Passive instead of Active.

I think I confirmed that lords are NOT respawning after defeat in 156_B11, at least if you are not a vassal of any faction. 

Testing method:

1) Turn warband cheats on (not cheat mode; key command cheats)
2) Make note of a couple defeated lords in the message log, in my case a couple veiger lords (tansugai & ch-something)
3) Wait a few days in game, ctrl+t for a few frames to reveal map.  This should make all character location reports current, if they're
    on the map
4) Check notes, characters for those lords' locations.  In my case, both defeated lords had old locations reported (5 and 9 days old)

I also asked khergit lords for the locations of the defeated lords from step 2, they all said "I don't know where ... is".  Also, many lords form many factions didn't have locations reported at all.  I suspect these are lords whom I never saw before they were defeated and never respawned, though I guess the test I listed doesn't confirm this theory.  I was not a vassal of any faction when I did this test, I have not checked if lords respawn if you are a vassal.

Just to check though, the red text displaying version number in on the main menu in B11 should still say B10 right?  I've tried installing the B11 patch from both moddb and nexus, both leave the main menu version number as B10.

Countyboar said:
I think I confirmed that lords are NOT respawning after defeat in 156_B11, at least if you are not a vassal of any faction. 
Testing method:

1) Turn warband cheats on (not cheat mode; key command cheats)
2) Make note of a couple defeated lords in the message log, in my case a couple veiger lords (tansugai & ch-something)
3) Wait a few days in game, ctrl+t for a few frames to reveal map.  This should make all character location reports current, if they're
    on the map
4) Check notes, characters for those lords' locations.  In my case, both defeated lords had old locations reported (5 and 9 days old)

I also asked khergit lords for the locations of the defeated lords from step 2, they all said "I don't know where ... is".  Also, many lords form many factions didn't have locations reported at all.  I suspect these are lords whom I never saw before they were defeated and never respawned, though I guess the test I listed doesn't confirm this theory.  I was not a vassal of any faction when I did this test, I have not checked if lords respawn if you are a vassal.
Just to check though, the red text displaying version number in on the main menu in B11 should still say B10 right?  I've tried installing the B11 patch from both moddb and nexus, both leave the main menu version number as B10.

Thanks for the report.  I'll try to find time to set a debug to trace what happened to the missing lords and where exactly that  happens, since there is more than 1 place where a problem could get us to that state of lords missing: when they are defeated in a siege but not captured, when they escape from a lord that should have captured them, and when the entire faction is closed.  In some cases they should have respawned instantly and in others the respawn is delayed to two days -- which is where I think its broken.  But it needs a few layers of added messaging to watch it open.

I may not have a chance to sit down and watch it until Sunday - it seems Sundays I have a half day open, which is the most I've had each week.

As for the version number, I took a look and the presentations section that splashes the version hadn't been updated so it still read B10.
  I'll get it next time.

Not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior, but you can't play a necromancer with a female model.

Necromancers are automatically set to have the Living Dead as their race, which seems intended, but it uses the male model regardless of character gender.

drynwyn said:
Not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior, but you can't play a necromancer with a female model.

Necromancers are automatically set to have the Living Dead as their race, which seems intended, but it uses the male model regardless of character gender.

I don't have enough free skins slots to define a female lich skin; there are only 16 skins available by Taleworlds definition, which they felt was 14 more than anyone could possibly need.  All 16 are in use, so to define a female version lich would mean eliminating some other skin in use, such as demon.

Idk If this has been mentioned before but, the game autosaves whenever you try to enter a town and then kicks you out of it, meaning that you gotta enter it twice, this makes sneaking into towns a pain.

Edit: Another bug: at suno you can speak to the townspeople at the tavern and they will ask you something like "What do we do now" or something and you have the option to say "Prepare, we move at dawn", idk whats with this.

Edit 2:
unknown.png
  :lol: I hired them for the meems and it gave me some mercenary cavalry.

Edit 3: My game crashes when I enter the castle in disguise to shawdhsad'sadwa's ladder (Cant really remember the name lol), at least I got an achievement for it. :party: :party: :party:

Edit 4: Another auto-save bug, whenever I "wait until tomorrow" the game autosaves and sends me back to the select options screen, so endless loop  :facepalm:

Alemismun said:
Idk If this has been mentioned before but, the game autosaves whenever you try to enter a town and then kicks you out of it, meaning that you gotta enter it twice, this makes sneaking into towns a pain.

Edit: Another bug: at suno you can speak to the townspeople at the tavern and they will ask you something like "What do we do now" or something and you have the option to say "Prepare, we move at dawn", idk whats with this.

What version of the mod are you running? My game never auto saves...

leugimimi said:
Alemismun said:

What version of the mod are you running? My game never auto saves...

The lastest, I just re-installed it yesterday.
V156 + Patch

gsanders said:
drynwyn said:

I don't have enough free skins slots to define a female lich skin; there are only 16 skins available by Taleworlds definition, which they felt was 14 more than anyone could possibly need.  All 16 are in use, so to define a female version lich would mean eliminating some other skin in use, such as demon.

Ahhh, I see. Thank you for sharing.

Weavery and Dyeworks sells for more than double what you buy it for, at least in Shariz and elf forest.

For now I'll be Claradia's first real estate mogul, building weaveries and selling em off for profit. :wink:

talvas said:
Weavery and Dyeworks sells for more than double what you buy it for, at least in Shariz and elf forest.

For now I'll be Claradia's first real estate mogul, building weaveries and selling em off for profit. :wink:
Wait you can sell them? brb gonna become rich.

no time for these other issues, but I have a test patch for missing lords after they lose a fight, for series v156 only.

" close to final solve for lords disappearing after losing battles.  Only weakness I see is a one time fix for previous failed patches leaving lords missing could also mess with lords that joined you recently or were exiled for a good reason.  This does keep a corruption fix that was the goal of all the patches that started the "lords are missing" issue in the first place, without damaging companion relations or changing kingdom ladies into anything else.  This brings back missing lords and kings/queens in your campaign somewhere between 2 and 6 days in game after patching.

Anyway, I'm out of time today but this looks to be the fix you were waiting for.  Open the game before patching, "save as" to another save slot, patch, and see if it works for you..."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/126N3pn9NifUZKeJ7G8zWpZtcFJhewZpS/view?usp=sharing

Yep, that patch is a little off, I am afraid. Keeps returning lords back to their faction when they are exiled and join mine. I thought it was just a one time thing but it seems to regularly check for them. The only lords that stay in my faction are the ones from eliminated factions.

Back
Top Bottom