[BUGS] Freelancer 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Data said:
KidKoala said:
I'm fighting under Graveth at the moment and I've come across a bug in siege defence, the Saranids have laid siege to Jamiche Castle though when my lord runs to aid the defence I can't join the battle, I get stuck in the pre-battle screen when I try to join the battle it says "The defenders have retreated, though the siege continues" and my only way out is to revolt or desert.. The only way past this is to loadup a save just before the battle and request personal leave then wait till the battle is over and rejoin my lord. Not sure if this is just a one off or if this is a bug for all siege defences.

I've tried two seperate games as Saranids & Nords and this happens for every siege defence

This happens to me as well. I'd really like to be able to participate in a siege defense. It's not a game-breaking bug because the battle eventually ends, but it's ruining a big part of the experience. :sad:

Any solutions?
It's currently fixed in the Floris version of Freelancer...so you could play Floris Gameplay or Floris Expanded instead.

Caba`drin said:
Mr Data said:
KidKoala said:
I'm fighting under Graveth at the moment and I've come across a bug in siege defence, the Saranids have laid siege to Jamiche Castle though when my lord runs to aid the defence I can't join the battle, I get stuck in the pre-battle screen when I try to join the battle it says "The defenders have retreated, though the siege continues" and my only way out is to revolt or desert.. The only way past this is to loadup a save just before the battle and request personal leave then wait till the battle is over and rejoin my lord. Not sure if this is just a one off or if this is a bug for all siege defences.

I've tried two seperate games as Saranids & Nords and this happens for every siege defence

This happens to me as well. I'd really like to be able to participate in a siege defense. It's not a game-breaking bug because the battle eventually ends, but it's ruining a big part of the experience. :sad:

Any solutions?
It's currently fixed in the Floris version of Freelancer...so you could play Floris Gameplay or Floris Expanded instead.

Is it going to be fixed in standalone? In any case, do I have to make a new save if I play Floris Gameplay? I'm guessing yes...

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but my game keeps crashing in a village (Sekhtem I think) during a bounty mission. I start walking or riding in the village, and the game crashes about 10-45 seconds later. This is a pretty major bug, as I am unable to complete the mission.

Mr Data said:
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but my game keeps crashing in a village (Sekhtem I think) during a bounty mission. I start walking or riding in the village, and the game crashes about 10-45 seconds later. This is a pretty major bug, as I am unable to complete the mission.
Very unlikely this has anything to do with the mod. Still on Warband 1.143? Open up module.ini in your Warband\Modules\Freelancer\ folder and change disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 0 to = 1.

Goodguy3 said:
Siege defense is still buggy. Dang, I've been waiting for that to be fixed since 1.3. .
Caba`drin said:
...or wait for the updated standalone.

i had this bug that when you start a new game all the lords are at their castles and those who don't have any castles can't be found anywhere.

EDIT: i used cheats to see all the lords on the map and there are none.

EDIT: found out that the problem solves itself after a time and all the lords appear.

Fearix said:
i had this bug that when you start a new game all the lords are at their castles and those who don't have any castles can't be found anywhere.

EDIT: i used cheats to see all the lords on the map and there are none.

EDIT: found out that the problem solves itself after a time and all the lords appear.
This is no bug. This is how all games start, even Native.

Caba`drin said:
Very unlikely this has anything to do with the mod. Still on Warband 1.143? Open up module.ini in your Warband\Modules\Freelancer\ folder and change disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 0 to = 1.

I've already done that. I guess I'll update to 1.52.

Caba`drin said:
...or wait for the updated standalone.

Eagerly awaiting it!

I downloaded an older version of freelancer and tried to play. The character creation went fine but as soon as i selected my nation and started the first story scene(robber tries to kill you in the street) the game crashes. No message, no error, the game didnt even start. I went around the forums and did every fix i possibly could. Seting the module.ini did not work, seting cheats did not work. I tried updating to a later version and had the same problem. Could someone help me with this?

im not sure if this is a bug a or not
>being Swadian Man-at-Arms
>My lord decides to lead us into rhodok damnation, 50 of us againt 150 of them
>I decide, **** him, desert the army
>Swadians dont care but any other faction is hostile to me

See, I thought it would be other way around, that faction i deserted from would be hostile, and other factions wouldnt care (we were at war only with rhodoks). I dont really know what to do now since I wanted to join veagirs after my desertion.

The other thing happened to me was that on the battlefield both us and them decided to take the field and wait, nothing was happening for few minutes, until i tried to kill them all myself and got killed.
Yet another thing was that my save mysteriously disappeared not long ago. I left the game as deserter man at arms and when i load up again i was back in the army and as a Footman.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing, while im at it. Are you planning to do something about pillaging villages? The thing that pisses me off most at native is that when im trying to pillage a village I cant cancel it, and when enemy lords decide to attack me while Im at it, Im ****ed ( I play with realistic saving, and it saves just when i start pillaging)

I posted this on Brytenwalda's board, though I thought I should post here too since it may have to do with Freelance rather than how they integrated it.

mb11.jpg

The quick gist of it:

If a player chooses to revolt against their lord rather than desert, the same error pops up repeatedly as the player moves across the map. The scene it is referring to never fires. Instead, the player simply leaves that lord's service with no relation hit while maintaining whatever faction relations they currently have.

Continuing to play can result in broken scenes, such as never-ending duels where the slow-motion kill cam never ends and the player randomly being ejected from a faction should they choose to be a King's vassal.

I imagine that this is more of an issue on Brytenwalda's part, but it might be worth putting a quick check into. Also, if anyone has a build of Freelancer integrated into Native, a quick test might be nice.

Currently using Floris mod, but this is Freelancer related.

I'm currently serving Hersir Marayirr (I'd assume hes a Jarl in Native), and I'm stuck at the third rank up from normal. The commanders report says my experience to next rank is N/A. I still get paid for my current rank, but I can't advance at all.

Previous to this, I wanted to change my class. Since Freelancer doesn't support changing classes, I deserted to pick again. Got up to Rank 3 of my preferred one and now I'm stuck :sad:

Krowe93 said:
I'm currently serving Hersir Marayirr (I'd assume hes a Jarl in Native), and I'm stuck at the third rank up from normal. The commanders report says my experience to next rank is N/A. I still get paid for my current rank, but I can't advance at all.

Previous to this, I wanted to change my class. Since Freelancer doesn't support changing classes, I deserted to pick again. Got up to Rank 3 of my preferred one and now I'm stuck :sad:
If this is from Floris, better to post in the Floris board as the current Floris 2.5x version of Freelancer is quite different (many bugfixes, additions, changes) from what is currently released here.

Shinigami936 said:
Got captured while in a army and when i went to the jail to bust my lord out there was a second me. A second. Me. Armageddon is coming.

:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom