Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Users who are viewing this thread

Negative said:
Bardaer'dor (village near Ichamur) is sitting on top of unpassable terrain, so it can't be reached and even some hostile seem to spawn on this unpassable terrain.

There also seems to be some weird behaviour with priests at the moment, whereas joining a fight with an ally will lead to priests from the allies seemingly knocking allies unconscious or even killing them.

update to new file using patch

guspav said:
Akael said:
I'm really hoping it's a feature and not a bug, but with 5 necromancy skill and a necromancer's staff I can make infinite zombies forever. My health never drops below 40% and I can continuously make more and more zombies until I run out of party size. Through this I also noticed that when necromancy mentions relations changing with various factions, it doesn't actually happen -the relationship remains the same.

Seeing how they have 0 magic defense and are only serviceable in stopping cavalry and infantry with tight formation bricks, it is certainly not gamebreaking. It is, however, hilarious.

That bug will be addressed in the next version. Necromancy will only be usable once a day.

Does this mean that the main way for necromancer players to get troops will be from village recruiting, as with any other faction? I've been using the necromancy skill to get most of my troops, with a little bit of zombies for flavour.

Diaphantos1 said:
guspav said:
Akael said:
I'm really hoping it's a feature and not a bug, but with 5 necromancy skill and a necromancer's staff I can make infinite zombies forever. My health never drops below 40% and I can continuously make more and more zombies until I run out of party size. Through this I also noticed that when necromancy mentions relations changing with various factions, it doesn't actually happen -the relationship remains the same.

Seeing how they have 0 magic defense and are only serviceable in stopping cavalry and infantry with tight formation bricks, it is certainly not gamebreaking. It is, however, hilarious.

That bug will be addressed in the next version. Necromancy will only be usable once a day.

Does this mean that the main way for necromancer players to get troops will be from village recruiting, as with any other faction? I've been using the necromancy skill to get most of my troops, with a little bit of zombies for flavour.

No, rather from summoning and getting troops after battles. The mummies are recruitable from villages, but they are a different kind of undead.

I don't know why, but the Blazing Hand Inquisitors and the Clerics of an ally in battle do not heal my own Nord footmen with magic, they kill  them or knock them unconscious.
Even more strange, the clerics use this healing magic at the start of the battle, when no one is hurt yet.

Theryer said:
I don't know why, but the Blazing Hand Inquisitors and the Clerics of an ally in battle do not heal my own Nord footmen with magic, they kill  them or knock them unconscious.
Even more strange, the clerics use this healing magic at the start of the battle, when no one is hurt yet.
You are probably using an old version. That is the bugged turn undead script and the bug was supposed to already be squashed.
Download the patch and install it.

I've downloaded it and installed it. Do i need to make a new game file in order from the changes to take effect?
Because i've tried to fight the same battle and got killed again by my allies.

Theryer said:
I've downloaded it and installed it. Do i need to make a new game file in order from the changes to take effect?
Because i've tried to fight the same battle and got killed again by my allies.
It is possible, yes, but to my understanding scripts don't require a new save... very weird. Unless the bug is still around in some specific situations.

Well, that might be, because i have another save where i'm still with the Blazing Hands, with very different types of troops from different cultures, and never experienced this bug. I only discovered it today. In my party i had only Nord footmen, and was fighting against undeads... Hope this may help  :smile:

I noticed something strange. In some conditions (it seems to be caused by magic attacks), it seems that a casuality is counted twice in the list of the dead / inconscious units which is displayed in real time in the bottom left corner. When a companion is knowked twice in few seconds during the same battle, something weird happened. :mrgreen:

Theryer said:
Well, that might be, because i have another save where i'm still with the Blazing Hands, with very different types of troops from different cultures, and never experienced this bug. I only discovered it today. In my party i had only Nord footmen, and was fighting against undeads... Hope this may help  :smile:
I'll check the script again and see if there is something that might be causing that bug again.
It does help, bug reports need o be as detailed as possible :wink:

Psychopompos said:
I noticed something strange. In some conditions (it seems to be caused by magic attacks), it seems that a casuality is counted twice in the list of the dead / inconscious units which is displayed in real time in the bottom left corner. When a companion is knowked twice in few seconds during the same battle, something weird happened. :mrgreen:

That is because of the agent_deliver_damage_to_agent operation, it is used in almost every spell script so you'll get a lot of those double messages. As far as I know they are harmless.
I also think they do appear double when a spell(or a weapon that uses this same operation like the sun blade) hits an enemy directly, then there would be a damage calculation based on the raw damage the item does and then the other number would be the damage the script does.

I've just wiped out the Nords with the elves but they are still around. I mean. I took all their castles and cities but they faction just won't dissapear and they just queep respawning dont know where... Any ideas?

Normally, to destroy a faction, it must have lost all its cities / castles and all its armies. Have you searched all the worldmap with the remove fog-of-war cheat enabled, just to check if there were still Nord parties somewhere?

Psychopompos said:
Normally, to destroy a faction, it must have lost all its cities / castles and all its armies. Have you searched all the worldmap with the remove fog-of-war cheat enabled, just to check if there were still Nord parties somewhere?
Caravans, villagers.. Those also count.

i guess it was just a matter of time before the message appeared. I mean there are plenty of Nord lords out there and the message came anyway

I did just recruit my first 7 mages from Magocracy - all were women, all had the same faces and none of them had any hair. Have I done anything wrong with my installing, or is it just a existing bug?

Another town without villages.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Vrael_ said:
I did just recruit my first 7 mages from Magocracy - all were women, all had the same faces and none of them had any hair. Have I done anything wrong with my installing, or is it just a existing bug?
Got this too.  Thought it was due to the unisex code but I could be mistaken.

mercav said:
Another town without villages.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Vrael_ said:
Got this too.  Thought it was due to the unisex code but I could be mistaken.
- Yeah it seems the auto-assign villages to towns code does that to some towns. I will look into it and see if there's a way of having at least 1 village per town.

- Ah it seems that during my unisex code experiments I left mage novices as female clones. It will be fixed in the next version :razz:

guspav said:
- Ah it seems that during my unisex code experiments I left mage novices as female clones. It will be fixed in the next version :razz:
Are you giving up on the unisex code or have you figured out the bugs?

mercav said:
guspav said:
Are you giving up on the unisex code or have you figured out the bugs?

I really can't do anything about the unisex code without WSE. When I use the unisex codes and change genders, face gen attributes are reset and all females end up being bald clones. If I found a way of storing face codes without WSE it could work, but as I see it right now, it isn't possible.

Back
Top Bottom