Bug Reports and Player Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

I am having an issue:

I have 400+ renown, great relations with Jarl Ragnar and various lords and I can't seem to join his faction let alone any other one. There just is no option besides merc. Is this a bug or part of the Brutality mode?

coolerwing said:
Now. This is my problem:
Taking a castle, now I am formly a king. But I didn't want this. How can I eliminate my faction and became another time a "free man", a neutral pg, or offer my castle to another king?

You should be able to offer vassalage to the king of your choice.

I've installed this mod, and after i kill the bandit at the start of the game in praven my computer freezes and crashes, will check later if it's in other towns too, have i made a mistake in installing or something?

xn0ize said:
I've installed this mod, and after i kill the bandit at the start of the game in praven my computer freezes and crashes, will check later if it's in other towns too, have i made a mistake in installing or something?
Might be a problem with your computer (no offense) but I assume that you run native without problems?

Vaegir Luchnik said:
xn0ize said:
Might be a problem with your computer (no offense) but I assume that you run native without problems?

Don't think it's a problem with my computer, starting in every other city is fine.

Just got this one. When I went into a forest bandit camp outside uxhal, I died to a lucky arrow shot. Despite having several units alive the battle ended without going into deathcam or giving me the chance to continue. This has not happened anywhere else.
edit: I have discovered that dying in these encampments does indeed cost me the quest. So yeah, I lost, and being at level 5, there is no way I could have done anything to prevent it. This seriously needs to be fixed, I can't avoid battle here.

edit: Oh and, apperently I succeeded...I think. While i'm experience im M&B, I'm new to warband so I can't tell. The camp did go away, as did ther bandits though.

edit: Wow, I forgot this one. This one is simple. When I didn't have the control for "whistle for horse" set, it would go off every second without stopping.

I'm unable to siege Dark knight castles, no matter what faction I'm in when i go to their castles i simply enter as if they where mine/neutral :sad:
Edit: False alarm, this only applies at 0 reputation, and is fine after i kill their villagers or something

Is it possible to join the Dark Knights? Because when I tried, the Lady of the Dark Knights didn't had an option to swear an oath of vassalage.

Also, her subordinates do not have a Nobleman banner and never have one throughout. I suggest some more banners to be made honestly.

Valencia Ishtamari said:
Is it possible to join the Dark Knights? Because when I tried, the Lady of the Dark Knights didn't had an option to swear an oath of vassalage.

Also, her subordinates do not have a Nobleman banner and never have one throughout. I suggest some more banners to be made honestly.

No, it's no longer possible to join the Dark Knights. It's also no longer possible for Dark Knights to defect or be evicted from their faction.

agoden said:
I'm unable to siege Dark knight castles, no matter what faction I'm in when i go to their castles i simply enter as if they where mine/neutral :sad:
Edit: False alarm, this only applies at 0 reputation, and is fine after i kill their villagers or something

That's a bug, the DK by design should automatically set their rep to you to -40 as soon as they arrive, and it should be locked to something negative.

soulmata said:
Valencia Ishtamari said:

No, it's no longer possible to join the Dark Knights. It's also no longer possible for Dark Knights to defect or be evicted from their faction.
Err why? Why can't we join the Dark Knights?

Valencia Ishtamari said:
soulmata said:
Valencia Ishtamari said:

Err why? Why can't we join the Dark Knights?

By design, it was never intended that the player be able to do such (even before NE existed - believe it or not there was a "DK" faction but disabled in the vanilla code). The player can already manipulate the existing factions to great extent, and the insanely unbalanced supertroops the DK field make the player more or less invincible. Imagine the player as the DK marshall. Even with just a single Lord following you around, nothing's going to stand in your way.

Really, though, there is more to it - the DK weren't intended to be a faction that stayed through to the end. They were intended to show up and destroy, then eventually get beaten back and have the faction wiped out.

With the latest NE snapshot (to be released any day now), the DK's power has been curbed quite a bit, with their troops, tree promotions, skills & such being rebalanced. They'll be as powerful as they are now in the field against the AI, but far more beatable by the player. The goal of this long term is to add a lot more intrigue with the DK. For instance, I have some code ready to go that ensures when the DK arrive, they usurp a castle immediately, giving them a place to dump prisoners and regroup. Perhaps, down the road, when the DK are a proper challenge instead of just a brick wall, joining them will be re-added, and done properly (i.e. you do it through a quest chain, rather than simply rescuing DK lords until your rep with them isn't negative, which is not what the original devs intended).

soulmata said:
By design, it was never intended that the player be able to do such (even before NE existed - believe it or not there was a "DK" faction but disabled in the vanilla code). The player can already manipulate the existing factions to great extent, and the insanely unbalanced supertroops the DK field make the player more or less invincible. Imagine the player as the DK marshall. Even with just a single Lord following you around, nothing's going to stand in your way.

Really, though, there is more to it - the DK weren't intended to be a faction that stayed through to the end. They were intended to show up and destroy, then eventually get beaten back and have the faction wiped out.

With the latest NE snapshot (to be released any day now), the DK's power has been curbed quite a bit, with their troops, tree promotions, skills & such being rebalanced. They'll be as powerful as they are now in the field against the AI, but far more beatable by the player. The goal of this long term is to add a lot more intrigue with the DK. For instance, I have some code ready to go that ensures when the DK arrive, they usurp a castle immediately, giving them a place to dump prisoners and regroup. Perhaps, down the road, when the DK are a proper challenge instead of just a brick wall, joining them will be re-added, and done properly (i.e. you do it through a quest chain, rather than simply rescuing DK lords until your rep with them isn't negative, which is not what the original devs intended).

Nice design idea, I like it very much. I've always seen the DK as the horde of evilness, the guys who wants to destroy everything. It made no sense for me that the player could be their friend.

There's a bug where if you ask a Village Elder for tasks, there is no text in the text box and in the answers for one quest. I don't know what the quest is exactly, but there are two options and if you select the second one, the elder answers: "Of course, Sir. Thank you for your counsel." So I suspect it's the cattle quest.

Alron said:
There's a bug where if you ask a Village Elder for tasks, there is no text in the text box and in the answers for one quest. I don't know what the quest is exactly, but there are two options and if you select the second one, the elder answers: "Of course, Sir. Thank you for your counsel." So I suspect it's the cattle quest.

That's the dialog from when the player "rejects" the train militia quest. There's a safety check somewhere in the code that prevents that quest from being assigned if the village already has a militia. Does that village already have a militia?

I don't know, was a while ago and I forgot to look. It does not have one now, but that might have changed of course.

In the current version I was able to get all quests normally from a village without a militia, so my best guess is that village had a militia at the time, and that was the code preventing that quest from running again (maybe).

You can test by trying to grab a quest from as many villages as possible at once, and see if you can get all the possible quests going.

I found a bug.
Every vilage i go  dont have cattle to sell. 37 days has pass and nothing.

Sry the bad english.

Back
Top Bottom