Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Users who are viewing this thread

love the update but i was wondering didnt you say something about recruiting random lords not ones from other factions?

I get a C++ Runtime Error every time I play. It seems to happen after a set amount of time.

Edit: It always happens when changing zones. Especially when starting the riot thing for the beginner quest.

Edit 2: Also, just got an RGL ERROR unable to get skybox something or other.

For skyboxes errors use the fix posted on page 4 it removes that one pesky skybox 08 from the loop.

here is my problem

RGL_ERROR

Unable to open texture fire Texture\Count Pons d'Emp?ies helmet.dds

and

Count Pons d'Emp?ies.dds

---

I guess this ploblem cuz my computer can't see european alphabet font

There is a minor bug with the heraldic lances. The left side is turned upside down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One robber bandit hideout shows up in the mediterrean sea.

Edit 1: One more thing. I can ask my king to be allowed to fight in the holy land and I suffer a -5 relation penalty with all the muslim factions and the Golden Horde (not the Ilkhanate). I don't remember the political situation, when I talked to my king (HRE), but I guess the penalty is limited to all the factions, who were back then when the quest was given at war with any roman catholic nation.
I do remember that Jerusalem was and still is in christian hand.

To get to the point. I just don't know what to do. I traveled to the Crusader States and talked to Conradin, the king, but didn't get any tasks. I couldn't join the Crusader faction during a siege and I didn't temporarily join their faction.
When I talked to the pope, he told me that he is still under construction and I can't get a quest there either. And finally, the HRE marshal still called me to arms, although the king allowed to fight in the holy land.
Is this a remnant of a feature, which is going to be and not yet implemented?

Edit 2: Why is it that I can have 15 prisoners for 1 skill point? Maybe I should get +15 party size for 1 skill point leadership (currently at +5)? Just a guess, because the other lords' parties are smaller now, which hints at more fairness in the party size.

Count Roland said:
Toboe: I had the same, when i tried it with version 1.110. Make sure, you have version 1.131 or if you play it with cracked M&B, you need a good crack for the version.

I'm steam user. but why...? my version is 1.131.
this mod looks awsome! I really want to play..

I checked out my texture forder and I found  this.

[Count Pons d'Emp_ies helmet.dds]
[Count Pons d'Emp_ies.dds]

Error message was [Count Pons d'Emp?ies helmet.dds]

something diffrent fire name each outher.

Count Roland said:
Another solution could be, if you make the texture quality lower.

Or try to rename the texture name.

change texture name dosen't work... Same error :cry:
oh no.

Lowing texture quality helped?

I found a nice bug: When i have to save the town from bandits, the last bandit stucked deep in the wall and i couldn't kill him and a couldn't leave the town.

Count Roland said:
Lowing texture quality helped?

not working...  :cry:
lots of same bug reports in Aisian M&B community, I guess this problem is kind of font problem.
Asian unicode player can not load Erupean font like  Ú

Count Roland said:
I found a nice bug: When i have to save the town from bandits, the last bandit stucked deep in the wall and i couldn't kill him and a couldn't leave the town.

Walk out of the town, leave the area, and when you return, you get to complete the quest.

Was saving the village of Syracusa (near Polermo) from bandits.

Two of them were stuck inside of a hut. I was able to kill one with an arrow and the other after many swings with a sword because the tops of their heads were bobbing up and down through the hut roof.

If not able to reach them the only way would have been to forfeit the quest.

Psymon1 said:
Tried another tournament this time with a balanced spear - it broke pretty quick.

Are spears supposed to break too? and as with the lances - the opponents polearms of any variety did not seem to break.

I also find this rather annoying. When im using a spear it disappears right after using it once on the enemy which leaves me fighting with bare hands. After the battle its back in the inventory and ready to use in next battle, but only one hit and then it vanishes again the same way.
Am i experiencing some wierd bug or is this meant to be?

Umm reading the changelog or this thread you might learn that the author has been trying to implement breaking lances but aimed to at first only have them affect other actors, so this is likely a bug.

It certainly has cramped my style for earning cash though. Awaiting the fix.

So in Rome - I know the Pope is not supposed to be a waring faction - does this also mean he holds no garrison or soldiers? I ask because the tavern keeper there told me he is looking for mercenaries to fight in his wars.

Roman Catholicism is under construction ... funny ... :emoticon:

Sidus Preclarum said:
Riven3 said:
I'm not finding looters, bandits etc in my game too, at least in Spain and north of Africa.

Uh, started in Spain, and it's full of looters. Bad luck for you, I'd say.
Then is something random. I'll try to begin another game.
The thing is, I receive lot of spam from bandit scripts and it says:

DEBUG: Doing spawn bandit script
common bandits:15
forest bandits: 1
sea
raiders: 9
robber knights: 4

Lairs

steppe: 0
common: 1
sea
raider: 1
forest:1
desert:0
knights:0

Then another one with similar numbers. always come in pairs. So if this is the number of bandits in all the map, no way I can find them :smile:

EDIT: Another problem I've found is that I don't receive tasks from lords or king of crown of Aragon. They even go to war without asking me to join them! :sad:

I'm really loving the hell out of this mod, only discovered it a couple of days ago and I definitely think it's one of the best for M&B yet! :smile:

However, what really bugs me is the fact that it keeps crashing probably every 5-10 minutes due to "C++ Runtime errors". I have a feeling that the system at that point is quite simply running out of memory - I "only" have Vista 32Bit and thus can't handle more than 3 Gigs. What about other people who also get the "Runtime error"? How much memory do you have?

Ok seriously can some one give a patch or tell me how to correct the inaccessible castles there are a lot of parties stacked up and is interfering with gameplay  :evil:

Back
Top Bottom