bug list and patch downloads for [Rigale v11 & Diplomacy 4.3 merged]

Users who are viewing this thread

While playing the latest version, I got stuck in Jelkala and couldnt get out of town after getting some training in fishing (if that matters). There were two Leave options in the main town menu, but neither let me leave (this was after waiting using the space bar to finish my fishing training, if that matters).

WizardOfAtlantis said:
While playing the latest version, I got stuck in Jelkala and couldnt get out of town after getting some training in fishing (if that matters). There were two Leave options in the main town menu, but neither let me leave (this was after waiting using the space bar to finish my fishing training, if that matters).

When you get stuck in town go to tavern and press esc to save and exit (or exit).  Then load the game again and go.
  I usually "rest in town" until it stops saying I need to spend more time; when I have cheat menu enabled the messages seem to go to recent messages and are lost on the main screen but they display nicely when cheat menu is off.  I put a toggle at the cheat menu to toggle it off and in camp: actions: there is a turn cheats on which is so-so successful (it toggles on and off fine AFTER the first activation of cheat menu
  which is    ctrl ~  (tilde, its above Tab on my PC)  then in lowercase as one word    cheatmenu

I feel this is from too many events doing forced rest such as crafting AND guild training/lessons or learning bard songs PLUS guild training/lessons.
  Its something Cernunos hadn't been able to remove but tied to the auto-enter town function, so I normally turn off auto-reenter town in my coding and thus much of the time when for example resting for so many gold per night you actually end up outside the town when the period is over.  At least that's better for me than stuck in town.

Its something inherited from the Rigale code, that I would like to do away with when I find the precise cause.  I'd be satisfied with fewer things that waste time for that matter, as its only time wasting things that have that risk.  I'll experiment further with removing the forced rest calls and make everything based on a busy timer that just blocks doing another time wasting activity until the timer clears.  I did that so far with lessons and training but not gathering, minstrel songs, or all the crafting.  I also had one forced rest call from earlier uncommented that I can recommend just to watch stability.  The mo has somewhat under 3 people even play it, and they seldom feed back, which puts me at a disadvantage.  Its not like Perisno where I'd get peppered with a few hundred replies a week after making changes...

- GS

OK, I will give that tavern save a try, thanks! I'm surprised there aren't more people playing the mod...I guess it isn't 'flashy' enough, and I get that, but just traveling and getting lost in a forest blew me away!  :lol:

Today's patch is more of a "progress report", as I still don't think its ready for full release.
There is a long list of changes in a readme changelog.  When I am ready to final release I will label it "Rigale v12" and release source at the same time.  I espect that to be on the 28th March.

patch 1.1 MB  (map isnt in the patch as it isnt changing and its large)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEY3hCdjY1N2JHbjQ/view?usp=sharing

mainly changes to crafting recipes; materials; skill requirements; ingredients at items
  crafting time is shortened to only 2 hours as part of a test.
  guild lessons are shorter and smoother
  added crafting for cartridges (firearms); stacks of arrows and bolts craft correctly also

next week will expand recipes, some support for this is already in source code
  source code is generally cleaner than before and this continues
  crafting materials (iron, wood, leatherwork, hides) more common in town - of course guilds sell some of these also
    guilds SHOULD sell all of these, really, but thats a different issue

- GS

Back
Top Bottom