Brainy bots for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

molmoldol

Recruit
If you guys don't know about Brainy bots mod for warband you can make it so that the bots fight better using feints, kicks, holds and overall increasing their ability to block attacks. In that mod you can also set it so only special people like companions and lords can fight better than the faceless soldiers. Would be really cool if in Bannerlord companions and lords can also distinguish themselves from the other soldiers by having god fighting ability. Would it be possible to add this in Bannerlord?

sniperhunter_009 said:
Stop requesting complex features and delaying the release than it already is. U want to wait until 2025? Unironically? I don't.
It's scientifically proven that the rate of random unsolicited suggestions increases as a game gets closer to a release.

Bots kick.

Are you entertained?

Though better bots and less swarming would be a good thing. But im pretty sure this wouldnt delay development any further.

It's not a bad idea, although it makes stats a bit useless. And there's always the question of performance... it's not hard to make bots fight better if you are checking on them every millisecond. Good for small-scale skirmishes, iffy for large battles even if it's only named NPCs.
It would be fun though to also have Brainless Bots that fight badly, depending on some NPC perks or stats.

Brainy Bots was the key change that allowed me to wrack up so many hours in single player.  If a single person, in their spare time, can make this mod for a game they didn't develop,  then I'm sure Taleworlds can make bot combat skill scalable without compromising the release date. 

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
It's not a bad idea, although it makes stats a bit useless.
I think it was Brainy Bots or some similar Warband mod that had the chance of good blocks and rate of moves like feints dependent on the AI's level.
A level 5 recruit would still be a lot easier to fight than a huscarl.

KucukEniste said:
I dont see a problem here.

Wait for bannerlord. (Maybe only problem around here)
Wait for some modder to do Brainy bots for bannerlord mod.
Profit.
Spend too many years on an incomplete shallow game.
Expect the community to make a good game for you.

No problem at all.

Cem Çimenbiçer promised this in his 21/12/17 blog:

HOW GOOD IS THE COMBAT AI ON THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY? WILL THERE BE DIFFERENT COMBAT AI FOR DIFFERENT UNITS IN BANNERLORD?
Until now, we mainly worked on the tactics of formations and armies, but not the tactics on 1v1 fights. I believe that we will add some variety on that only after we feel like the AI is good enough and missing only unique tactics. So far the AI has been buffed with improved ranged and melee accuracy, decision to use kicking, keeping distance according to combat states and so on. In the end, our aim is to expand the range of intelligence of AI in order to help new players more in combat, and create more challenge for the experienced players. With the addition of more complex army AI, you should also expect a hard time on even reaching the army commanders in the battlefield. And a challenging duel would be your reward (or punishment) when you penetrate the defences.”

Given the players in Gamescom’s single player demo, I doubt it was set to the highest level of difficulty.

sniperhunter_009 said:
Pretty sure programming a smart ai that knows when to kick or feint and block better is going to delay development, significantly

That's only true if you assume they haven't put any effort into combat AI.

I really don't think they'd cut corners in this matter. Not without cause, anyway. Aiming for both good performance and big battles could turn out to provide little room for excessive ai operations, but the things you mentioned right there, I doubt those would need anything excessive.

NPC99 said:

HOW GOOD IS THE COMBAT AI ON THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY? WILL THERE BE DIFFERENT COMBAT AI FOR DIFFERENT UNITS IN BANNERLORD?
Until now, we mainly worked on the tactics of formations and armies, but not the tactics on 1v1 fights. I believe that we will add some variety on that only after we feel like the AI is good enough and missing only unique tactics. So far the AI has been buffed with improved ranged and melee accuracy, decision to use kicking, keeping distance according to combat states and so on. In the end, our aim is to expand the range of intelligence of AI in order to help new players more in combat, and create more challenge for the experienced players. With the addition of more complex army AI, you should also expect a hard time on even reaching the army commanders in the battlefield. And a challenging duel would be your reward (or punishment) when you penetrate the defences.”

Given the players in Gamescom’s single player demo, I doubt it was set to the highest level of difficulty.

AI in Warband was better than demo at gamescom. Bandits just stood 15 meters away from player and threw rocks. And players failed to defeat them. Im sure it was lowest difficulty possible to make it easy for new players, probably ai has improved greatly since they told us npc will play same as player.

What  annoys me is new players who got their *** kicked by 5 bandits becasu game didn't feed them with silver spoon. I can imagine IGN revies titled 'Dark Souls in Medieval Era'.

NPC99 said:

I keep waiting patiently to see with my own eyes that well-implemented AI they told us about (three levels blablabla). An AI that doesn't go to you head-on, but rather looks for an attack on your unprotected side trying to encircle you in the melee. For the moment and after visualizing all the content that we have to our access; everything indicates that we have this:

eC7HWu.gif

I hope™ I'm wrong  :ohdear:

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
sniperhunter_009 said:
Stop requesting complex features and delaying the release than it already is. U want to wait until 2025? Unironically? I don't.
It's scientifically proven that the rate of random unsolicited suggestions increases as a game gets closer to a release.
let's hope so

Back
Top Bottom