[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be available for diplomacy for a while, despite the turn start. Send the PMs as you wish, but don't expect a timely response.

I feel I should say that if you guys feel there is a problem with the game please feel free to talk to me about it. If it's lacking in detail or it feels stale or not interactive, please talk to me. I can take criticism, and I'd prefer there was some (I'm not perfect by any means!)
I care deeply about making the game fun for my players, that's what it comes down to for me.

The way it looks, I might not be able to continue the game as long as I'd like to. Now don't freak out, please read!

I still have the interest and motivation to go on, but I may be, well, physically unable to produce a fun game past this point. I could theoretically do another 7 turns if it were not for such issues.

1) I have two majors to replace - one of them I have a replacement for, but I'm uncertain if I want to leave a replacement with 2 turns worth of Major Power credits (the UK's CC has, quite literally, more than a hundred thousand credits ready to spend) and he'd be inheriting after Sushiman and Hojo. A combination of those two players (no offense!) and my own laziness has lead to the UK's CC being incredibly disorganized and messy, barely legible, and is probably part of the reason which Hojo left the game.
And then there's Eternal. I won't trust just any player with the Soviet Union.

One could argue that Aust's game has suffered even more than mine in this respect, and I would agree that its much more difficult for him at this point, since he's pretty much well exhausted the entirety of the small BoP community here on Taleworlds.

2) Austupaio and MaHud have pointed out how low quality my cards are, and the huge frequency of mistakes. There's always at least one person that just gets shafted with the mistakes I make, one person, once per turn. The usual mistakes like something arithmetic or so are fine, I can handle making those.
Eternal on the other hand praised the conciseness and detail in my reports, and said that my mistakes are pretty usual for hosting.
I really want more input on this. But it seems to be a running theme in this BoP that whenever I propose for something or ask for input, criticism, or feedback, I get nothing until well after I've asked and not always in the mood to receive it.

Please, take some time and give some constructive criticism. As I said, I can take it. Some have said the BoP feels stale, uninteresting and impossible to directly interact with or have an impact on. I want to know if this is an opinion shared by one or two players or if its something a majority feel.
I would prefer any criticism be given in public view.

I still want to keep hosting, guys, but I need some help here.

I will still process this turn, and will keep going after that, so there is still a deadline planned (haven't decided what date yet.)

I am, or at least I perceive myself as, a resolute, determined, and dedicated person. If there's still life in this BoP, I'll keep going, but I want to IMPROVE with each turn rather than diminish with each passing one, as it feels has been happening. You can help me do that, at least addressing #2.

I know this post is a bit long, so if you took the time to read it, thanks. If you didn't, well ****.

@Alaska
VDV!
SLAVA DESANTU!
CEST I SLAVA!

So far the only mistakes I've seen in my card here recently were the minor ones I brought up in my last batch of turn orders. I think the new format works really well, and this turn's card was very good.

Concerning Britain, have you considered just spending a chunk of the money on logical project (fixing the funky warships, improving infrastructure, researching logical technologies), and then cleaning up the card for the new player?

It's a real drag trying to do diplomacy with others when only 1/8 ever respond to you, and I feel like the return you get on investments is really illogical in how irregular it is, but I guess that's inherent in the nature of the game.

Additionally I think that the lack of ****tiness economy wise (and lack of things happening at all) make the game weaker, though I think we might not have the player base that exactly would want to go through an economic depression and actual consequences for war on the home front.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
2) Austupaio and MaHud have pointed out how low quality my cards are, and the huge frequency of mistakes. There's always at least one person that just gets shafted with the mistakes I make, one person, once per turn. The usual mistakes like something arithmetic or so are fine, I can handle making those.
Eternal on the other hand praised the conciseness and detail in my reports, and said that my mistakes are pretty usual for hosting.
I really want more input on this. But it seems to be a running theme in this BoP that whenever I propose for something or ask for input, criticism, or feedback, I get nothing until well after I've asked and not always in the mood to receive it.

Please, take some time and give some constructive criticism. As I said, I can take it. Some have said the BoP feels stale, uninteresting and impossible to directly interact with or have an impact on. I want to know if this is an opinion shared by one or two players or if its something a majority feel.
I would prefer any criticism be given in public view.

As someone who suffers from a turn report with some mistakes every turn, I'd say that it isn't that big of a deal for me - mistakes are bound to happen, which is why I try to save all of my orders to catch them if they occur (and I would recommend that everyone save their turns for this very same reason). The only thing that ticked me off was when you didn't fix the mistake in a timely manner after I asked you multiple times, which meant that I was going to get skipped until you gave me a longer extension.

Personally, I feel that it should be the players' responsibility to catch any mistakes and ask them to get fixed* - they ought to know their reports better than the host.

*To clarify, I'm mostly talking about mathematical errors or obvious discrepancies between the turn/global report and the country card, and not "mistakes" in the sense that a player thinks that X should happen because Y.

Well you should keep going as long as you can pix but if I'm being honest I've sorta lost interest in the game myself. I won't quit though because I'll feel ****ty if I do. I signed up for the responsibility so I'll keep playing till you close the game. But I'm not as enthusiastic as I was on like turn 2. I'm not really into the time period.

Don't take it as a slight, you're game is really well put together. It's just me  :smile:

Trevty said:
I haven't had major issues with my card and I'm having a great time playing this game.  I really, really want it to continue as well.  Please don't let it die, Pix. :sad:
BenKenobi said:
With regards to losing interest - little world war would solve that easily.
I second both of the above.

My reports are good, in my opinion. I see nothing wrong with them. The only thing that I'm having trouble with in this game is getting used to being a major power, but that's no one's fault but my own. Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun playing.

They only thing I'm insignificantly upset about is that you removed the "Best Life Quality" and "Worst Life Quality" ratings from the world report. I spent a lot of time and credits on improving health standards just to increase the rating  :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom