[BOP 1600] Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Comrade Crimson said:
So whats the answer for the minor powers things? No go? Sticking with 8 players?

Sorry, meant to reply earlier. It will 'never' exceed 8 major powers. The most I was willing to do was 10, one could argue perhaps I should've done 9 or maybe ignore Sweden in exchange for Austria. Thing is Austria was a freely selectable option... no one picked it!

If you want to play, besides waiting for someone to drop and then replacing them, you could maybe ask again in a few months. I might have more free time then and could take on a couple more players. We'll see. I really would like players on countries like Austria, Venice, Denmark-Norway, Ajuran, Morocco, Japan, Safavid Persia, Mughal Empire, etc. but to fill all of those slots would be like 20 players and I cannae do that fam.

Pixel said:
Comrade Crimson said:
So whats the answer for the minor powers things? No go? Sticking with 8 players?

Sorry, meant to reply earlier. It will 'never' exceed 8 major powers. The most I was willing to do was 10, one could argue perhaps I should've done 9 or maybe ignore Sweden in exchange for Austria. Thing is Austria was a freely selectable option... no one picked it!

If you want to play, besides waiting for someone to drop and then replacing them, you could maybe ask again in a few months. I might have more free time then and could take on a couple more players. We'll see. I really would like players on countries like Austria, Venice, Denmark-Norway, Ajuran, Morocco, Japan, Safavid Persia, Mughal Empire, etc. but to fill all of those slots would be like 20 players and I cannae do that fam.

Fair enough. If people have interest in playing the minor countries, then count me in. Because that's what I wanted to do, I wanted to play Kongo, Ethiopia or one of the North American native tribal groups or Korea.

If you ever change your mind let me know.

Orders due in 3 days people. CHOP CHOP

I'm home from vacation now, so I'll be available to answer questions and stuff. Especially if it has anything to do with navies or naval engineering. I spent much of my vacation visiting naval museums because I'm autistic or something.

Orders due in 47 hours. I don't have time in this game, like I did in Serva, to give week-long extensions to deadlines, so please actually try to make it. I so far have 2 players with anything I'd call orders.

Eruption in Peru!
In Spanish Peru, in early February, urgent reports were received in Lima of loud cracking noises coming from the base of the mighty Huaynaputina mountain, and fog-like gas coming from its crater. On the news of this, native shamans and other blasphemous superstitious locals went about capturing virgin girls and preparing animals and flowers for sacrifice to appease Supay, the old god of death.

These sacrifices did little to satiate any deity, and later that same month, the volcano suddenly, and violently, erupted. Cities from the north of Peru to the border with the Guarani were covered in thick layers of ash. Nearer to the base of the volcano, whole villages were submerged in rivers of lava or choked by ash - in total some 2000 people died. After the initial burst, the volcano would continue to erupt for the next month, and the strong global winds have carried the ash it produces all over the world. Acid rain has devastated agriculture as far away as China.

The most pronounced effects (aside from Spain's colonies themselves) were in Russia, which is now witnessing the coldest year it has ever experienced in 600 years... this has had some terrible effects. Similarly, Poland - the largest producer of grain in Europe - has suffered from a bad harvest. Vineyards throughout the world were unable to produce wine, and what little has been produced is highly prized.

~ Value of Wine has increased
~ Bad harvests throughout east and central Europe
~ Production of coffee and sugar in the Spanish Americas has decreased

Back
Top Bottom