Books

Users who are viewing this thread

nacholoko16

Sergeant at Arms
Buenas amigos, books are such amazing things that make the life of a person make sense!!! Anyway lets discuss about books here! Historical 100% acuratted or even the romance based on history :grin: sagas and anything you have read and want to recommend to the comunitty! ( Dont harras, dont insult, dont be an idiot)

RagnarGerman said:
Oathsworn serie by Robert Low, it's like reading a Saga.
Nice, never hear about it i like the Anglo-Saxonic Chronicles from Bernard Cornwell :smile: but i will check that one !!!

If interested I would also recommend http://www.amazon.de/Living-Tenth-Century-Mentalities-Social/dp/0226246213/ref=sr_1_1?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1415387058&sr=1-1&keywords=living+in+the+tenth+century its an excellent view into the life of the people in the tenth century, focusing on the Roman Empire (Ottonians).

Otherwise, for visual interest, I would recommend Ian Heaths "Armies of the Dark Ages" and "Armies of Feudal Europe". Osprey has also some good "books" on the subject. Note that I don´t focus on Vikings but on the Roman Empire and the later Reichsitalien.

Well the book list is growing up, happy im a 19 boy and have alot of time to read in my hole life eheheh :smile:

Ancient Weapons in Britain, by Logan Thompson, is a very good book if you're interested in the weapons that have been found on British shores. Covers late-Roman up to 1066 and has a nice little description of the battle of Hastings in the rear part of the book.

The Viking Trilogy by Tim Severin veer between acceptable and bloody awful, in my opinion. Romanticised and silly in places they're still interesting enough to read.

rapier17 said:
Ancient Weapons in Britain, by Logan Thompson, is a very good book if you're interested in the weapons that have been found on British shores. Covers late-Roman up to 1066 and has a nice little description of the battle of Hastings in the rear part of the book.

The Viking Trilogy by Tim Severin veer between acceptable and bloody awful, in my opinion. Romanticised and silly in places they're still interesting enough to read.
Both sounds very intresting, expecially the weapons one. Thanks rapier for the affort!

BELLÊME The Norman Warrior by Roy Stedall-Humphryes and The Conquest Series (Sworn Sword, The Splintered Kingdom, and Knights of the Hawk) by James Aitcheson for some Norman perspective. Surprisingly difficult to find fictional books based on the Normans (though there's a lot of excellent non-fiction out there). There's plenty about the Angles and Norsemen though. Haven't come across much in the way of the Irish of this time period, or the Rus.

ThegnAnsgar said:
BELLÊME The Norman Warrior by Roy Stedall-Humphryes and The Conquest Series (Sworn Sword, The Splintered Kingdom, and Knights of the Hawk) by James Aitcheson for some Norman perspective. Surprisingly difficult to find fictional books based on the Normans (though there's a lot of excellent non-fiction out there). There's plenty about the Angles and Norsemen though. Haven't come across much in the way of the Irish of this time period, or the Rus.
The Rus specially search for it didnt find alot, maybe the orthodox church was alot of black evil hidding information(joke)... ahahhaha Men that was a nice normman affort long live to you dear warrior see yaa on the fields!

Back
Top Bottom