Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

That suggestion is what I would have said too. It was never tested or developed to support the other version's module_parties, so it might be a more tricky problem. One problem is, I don't think I have the files needed here to test, hmm.

Thanks for reply bloodpass. I tried to find something about this but it seems nobody tried to use VC module_parties with ur mod so far. If want I can send u my files if u have some time to look at it :smile: but I don't want to bother you.

andy120000 said:
VC module_parties

make sure you remove the troops used on story-related parties, unless this tool already supports them (never used it, so ask the creator).

Code:
    ("readingum","Readingum",pf_disabled|icon_camp_refuge|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_hide_defenders, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(24.76,-211.39),[
        (trp_mercenary_arqueros, 1,2),(trp_taiga_bandit, 80,90),(trp_elite_viking, 30,40),(trp_sea_raider_leader2, 4,6),(trp_norse_standard_bearer, 3,5),(trp_todos_cuerno, 2,4),
        (trp_norse_level1_landed, 20,30),(trp_norse_level1_companion, 10,15),(trp_norse_level2_companion, 10,15),
        ]),
    ("aescesdun","Aescesdun",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_hide_defenders, no_menu, pt_none, fac_kingdom_5,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(5.86,-206.64),[
        (trp_kingdom_5_lord, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_1, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_3, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_4, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_5, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_6, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_7, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_9, 1,0),(trp_knight_5_11, 1,0),
        (trp_saxon_level0_landed, 410,420),(trp_saxon_bowman, 190,200),(trp_saxon_level0_companion, 290,300),(trp_saxon_standard_bearer, 15,20),(trp_todos_cuerno, 4,6),
        (trp_saxon_level1_landed, 230,240),(trp_saxon_level2_landed, 190,200),(trp_saxon_horseman, 20,30),(trp_saxon_level3_landed, 15,20),
        (trp_saxon_level1_companion, 50,60),(trp_saxon_level2_companion, 30,40),
        ]),
###mega danish army
    ("mega_danishrmy"   ,"Great Summer Army",icon_warriors_10|pf_disabled|pf_is_static|pf_hide_defenders|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_kingdom_8,0,0,0,(0, 0),[
        (trp_kingdom_8_lord, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_15, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_4, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_5, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_10, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_11, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_12, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_13, 1,0),(trp_knight_8_14, 1,0),
        (trp_norse_level0_landed, 300,310),(trp_norse_bowman, 190,200),(trp_norse_level0_companion, 250,260),(trp_norse_standard_bearer, 15,20),(trp_todos_cuerno, 4,6),
        (trp_norse_level1_landed, 180,190),(trp_norse_level2_landed, 140,150),(trp_norse_elitearcher, 50,60),(trp_norse_level3_landed, 15,20),
        (trp_norse_level1_companion, 80,90),(trp_norse_level2_companion, 50,60),
        ]),
#
they break other map related tools that didnt expect multiple troops in a party.

that is the only special stuff you will find in VC modsys module_parties.py

andy120000 said:
I tried deleting parties u have mentioned, but still doesn´t work :/

then share your code with the tool creator in case it is needed for testing, at least you know it is nothing special from VC itself now

Yeah, if you can get the file shared to a public site of some kind I'm fine taking a look at how it behaves. The issue with unsupported parties is another problem, the editor doesn't support them.

It's as I suspected, there's some kind of module_parties parsing issue that's essentially causing an infinite loop. :sad:
Maybe not really an easy fix, would have to spend some time tracking down what's going wrong.

The problem is just this line:

Code:
    ("readingum","Readingum",pf_disabled|icon_camp_refuge|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_hide_defenders, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(24.76,-211.39),
[(trp_mercenary_arqueros, 1,2),(trp_taiga_bandit, 80,90),(trp_elite_viking, 30,40),(trp_sea_raider_leader2, 4,6),(trp_norse_standard_bearer, 3,5),(trp_todos_cuerno, 2,4),(trp_norse_level1_landed, 20,30),
(trp_norse_level1_companion, 10,15),(trp_norse_level2_companion, 10,15),]),

Basically when it's parsing the file it expects to find a ] (close bracket) on the same line, but there's a few new lines on this particular line because it's so long. If you remove the newlines and save it as one long line, it parses fine. Not sure if I'm going to have the time to dive into that thing again (painful), but at least we can remove the newlines to get it working.

...however there's still some problems that need an update.

Now I just realized, I do own Viking Conquest. All this time I didn't think I had it.  :lol:
When I get a chance I'll try doing an update for VC support. It might not be that hard...

Okay, I put an update out there. This can barely be said to support VC now, but I think the crashes and major issues are gone. Still experimental support for VC, and the usual "back up your files and double check exported files" of course applies for VC stuff.

Caution: Since the module_parties parsing is a real pain and I don't have time to redo it, I put in a terrible hack (from a dev perspective) to get that one line I posted above to load correctly. From a user perspective, the default VC module parties file should load without edits now. For anyone who needs to know in future, what I did for this "hack" was look for a line which contains "readingum", so that whenever that text is found it'll automatically append/combine the next 3 lines in the file. The editor splits the module_parties file into "lines" by using newlines as a delimiter. I just realized, this means when module_parties is exported, the entry will be one line, and the editor won't be able to re-load the saved module_parties file unless you manually re-add the newlines. :roll: That's pretty bad... I'll try and do another "fix" for this problem later.

Caution #2: If you already removed the newlines from that "readingum" entry, you'll want to put them back to the way it is in the original VC version, otherwise bad things will happen since the editor will try to combine it with the next few entries in the file.

I wasn't able to remember how to locate textures, and couldn't locate all the icons, so some map objects load with bad textures or placeholder icons. I got a few new icons working, but had to guess at what icon names they map to, so having never played VC I've no idea if I got it correct.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get VC working on my PC, so I still haven't actually seen it yet.

Logging should work better now also, so at least it's possible to see what's missing.

Well I tried doing a small update which adds 3 extra newlines when you export module_parties.py (which actually exports to exportModuleParties.py). Unfortunately I still don't think the file parsing is working correctly, and it's a bit much to dig into.

1.1.1 - Minor update in an attempt to improve VC support. I suspect there are still some major issues with parsing, reading/writing module_parties.py, however. Since I don't have time to re-write the editor's file parsing for compatibility, I think it's best if anyone using this for VC edits their module_parties file manually, using the changes saved in exportModuleParties.py that editor outputs as a guide. (Or, just get things like screen coordinates right out of the UI.)

At least it doesn't crash, anyway, but the TLDR here is - don't trust the module_parties export's content, and there might be a few map objects that don't load correctly in VC. Regular Warband shouldn't be impacted.

Hi Bloodpass. First of all, thank you so much for this editor. It makes map making so much easier.
Second, I've run into a bit of a problem. The screen is simply too big for all the menu options to shown. Even after I corrected position and resolution to a perfect match with my desktop, the paint terrain options only allow me to see as far as Desert Mountain option. I can barely make out and click on the top of the Ocean option, and Deep Ocean, River and Ford are out of screen. That's a bummer, since I really wanted to make some rivers. Is there anything I am missing on the settings?

Hmm, yeah that stinks. You're missing quite a bit. I don't think there's a setting that'll help you with that one... You should be able to resize the window after startup but it sounds like your screen is just far too small.

This seems to come up a lot, I'll take a look at what can be done for it.

Update should be up shortly:

1.1.2 - Added a (technically misnamed) option to change the UI buttons used for terrain painting into a scrolling list. Open config.ini and set the appropriate line to true (replace "false") to enable this at startup. Useful for low resolution screens where this panel gets cut off. Default is to show the buttons, since they seem to work a bit better (I had to click multiple times occasionally on this experimental scroll-list, otherwise it seems to work fine).

Back
Top Bottom