SP Native Better Banners Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

is there a way to add these banners/heraldry WHILE still keeping the ones you have? so you have a tonny ton ton more banners to choose from & see in game? huh huh huh? I want my cake and I want to eat it too.. OF COURSE! It's my cake right?!!... .. is that possible though? to download & install while not overriding what you already have? Reason I ask is I have the 1257 ad mod & would like to keep playing it, & like some of the banners/heraldry in that, but would like these in addition to them., (like the old Roger Mortimer heraldry banners, with the blue & yellow with the white sheild)

Everytime i try to load my game it will get to the Lauching Game part but right after it says Get_Object failed for mesh: Map_flag_01.. im pretty sure i messed up some where but i can not find out where.

I've been struggling with reinstalling this mod but I've discovered what's happened. So everyone LISTEN!

You have to # (block out) all these lines:
load_resource = banners
load_resource = map_flags
load_resource = map_flags_b
load_resource = map_flags_c
load_resource = map_flags_d

Then the game will load the right banners! I think 1.126 has changed internal structures.
It's 4:30, I'm knackered...

I'm having a problem i think i've done everything correctly (Still playing previous version from newest 1.126) by replacing and placing files and in modules ini. putting # where it was needed and thar scan to modules thingy was already filled 1 so didn't had to do that so my question is now how to solve this error

When i start up Mount & blade warband and i'm amost done i get this error occured

Unable to open file: Modules/Native/resource/std_banners.BRF

So i placed those files in like said in the instructions file

I've also placed those lines of text (Past &Copy) which had to be done
load_module_resource = std_banners
load_module_resource = std_banners_default
load_module_resource = std_flags_vertical

So if anyone could help me i would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Obvious questions first.
1. Have you put the .brf files in Modules/Native/resource? Same for the .dds files (textures)?
2. Have you scan_module_textures = 0 in the module.ini to scan_module_textures = 1?

Blargh, where/how do I install this to my Diplomacy module? I seem to have missed the instructions on how to do so. :s

Quick Q -- I followed the instructions for this to the "t" but I'm not seeing all of the flags that are displayed in the screenshot.  For example, I don't get the Blue & White striped flag, or the white fish on the blue background.

Any ideas why???

Politus said:
Blargh, where/how do I install this to my Diplomacy module? I seem to have missed the instructions on how to do so. :s
Put the files in the DIPLOMACY resource and texture folders. Then do the same things as you would do in native. Like changing the module.ini file in the diplomacy folder. Good luck

Edit: This is the best piece of art i have ever seen! Thank you for this lovely mod!!

Baleur said:
hotcobbler said:
These are really nice, I even added them to my main folder so I don't have to look at the crappy native banners in multiplayer.

Outstanding work.

I did a good bit of bannermaking on the original M&B, would you be interested in incorporating some of my old banners (they were based on the banner standardization pack too) if you like them? I'll try to dig up the files later and you can feel free to use them.

They were an attempt to introduce realistic heraldry to the M&B world. I tried to follow the rules of european heraldry as closely as possible.

EDIT: Some of them, maybe all, are here. Hope this works, it's an old link.

2ca494.png

11id6p0.png

2iseald.png

29aqkjb.png

whiq82.png

2hyjbkg.png

2igiulz.png

DO WANT! How do i add those? :smile:
Also, with those module.ini lines added, will the npc parties ingame randomly pick from either the vanilla or new banners? That would be awesome.
hey, bro. what banner mod is that one, from the quote??? can anyone tell me?

Nice mod, but on a save game which had a banner before I got this, my blood red with a dragon banner is being overrided by a purplish color, in my castles for example, the two are fighting for which one comes first in my LoS, making a half red, half purple banner which amusingly shifts back and forward. Regardless, this is quite annoying that I have no control over it... Idea?

Edit: I've got the diplomacy mod RIGHT before this one and YES, i put them in the diplomacy resource and textures maps

Phienyx said:
Does this mod work with the latest version of Warband?
Yes.

Nice mod, but on a save game which had a banner before I got this, my blood red with a dragon banner is being overrided by a purplish color, in my castles for example, the two are fighting for which one comes first in my LoS, making a half red, half purple banner which amusingly shifts back and forward. Regardless, this is quite annoying that I have no control over it... Idea?
This could only happen if you don't remove or disable load_resource = banners etc. lines from module file. Read the instructions.

I  found my "diplomacy" module folder and installed the textures to texture and resources to resources folders.  I edited the .ini as instructed and placed a "#" in front of the appropriate lines to comment them out.

When I went to load my save game, I got the following error:  "get object failed for mesh: map_flag_kingdom a".  What did I do wrong?

Phienyx said:
I  found my "diplomacy" module folder and installed the textures to texture and resources to resources folders.  I edited the .ini as instructed and placed a "#" in front of the appropriate lines to comment them out.

When I went to load my save game, I got the following error:  "get object failed for mesh: map_flag_kingdom a".  What did I do wrong?

Better Banners add-on consists of two folders- one for mount&blade, and another one for warband. You need to use textures and brf files from warband folder, otherwise you'll get that error.

galactic bum said:
Phienyx said:

Better Banners add-on consists of two folders- one for mount&blade, and another one for warband. You need to use textures and brf files from warband folder, otherwise you'll get that error.

Thank you.  I accidentally selected the wrong folder.

Forgive me if this has been addressed... but upon installing this mod, I get errors ingame stating the following:

SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1718: Invalid Agent ID: 9; LONE NO: 65:
At script: agent_troop_get_banner_mesh.
At script: agent_troop_get_banner_mesh.

And then it makes the front side of my shield invisible. The banners themselves show up fine, though.

Alas, I fear this is a problem on my end as I installed it alongside Diplomacy, and I also did a lot of first-time mod attempts in regards to companions and such, so I probably made some mistake. If anyone knows how I might fix it, though, I'd appreciate the help. This is a wonderful mod and I'd like to be able to use it.  :razz:

(Note: I haven't tried it without Better Banners yet, so I'm not sure if it's a Better Banners thing or a general thing in my own modified code. However, I'm sure I used the files in the Warband folder, so the earlier post that seems similar to my problem can't be the culprit here.)

Update: Well, I tried it after un-commenting the load_resource entries in the ini and I have the same problem, so I assume it's not a Better Banners thing. Sorry 'bout that.  :oops:

Lol i like the banners a lot every banner looks very medieval and the most interesting was the chick with no top i always use that one since to me its the most native for umm barbarians xD  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom