Best place to start a kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

The Dun Breatainn thing should be fixed then (I think) in a later version.

The other one, was it maybe Ribe? I might have sen something similar. Had you modified the number of defender reinforcement waves?

kraggrim said:
The Dun Breatainn thing should be fixed then (I think) in a later version.

The other one, was it maybe Ribe? I might have sen something similar. Had you modified the number of defender reinforcement waves?

I took Ribe today and Ribe was one of the places with the mentioned spawning problem, but it wasn't the one where I got slaughtered. I'm 90% sure that one (or two, since some fiefs share identical scenes) was one of the Northvegr initial territories, one of the castles, maybe.

I hadn't modified anything to do with defender's waves or reinforcement in any files; the only thing I ever used to change battle size was the battle size slider in the options menu.

Hmmm, strange. What was the battle size with the spawning problem? Do you remember roughly what the total attackers and defenders number were?
If you happen to see this problem again please try to note the location and maybe take a screenshot if you can.

kraggrim said:
Hmmm, strange. What was the battle size with the spawning problem? Do you remember roughly what the total attackers and defenders number were?
If you happen to see this problem again please try to note the location and maybe take a screenshot if you can.

300 or 301 battle size.
I had a good 200 huskarls....the enemy had 600 odd troops.

Eschaton said:
kraggrim said:

300 or 301 battle size.

Hmm, might be that size disparity that was causing the problem. Generally in a siege it's the attackers who have a 3:1 numbers advantage, not the defenders :smile:.  VC is generally balanced so the player will find it very difficult to build and maintain that many elite troops, so this kind of situation probably wasn't accounted for. I'm guessing that's the reason anyway.

I am playing with a 750 limit, maxed out I can manage to stay about 30 frames. It's damn hard to take on these large forces. I am going to have to  train up my men because they are to low a tier to be effective.

kraggrim said:
Eschaton said:
kraggrim said:

300 or 301 battle size.

Hmm, might be that size disparity that was causing the problem. Generally in a siege it's the attackers who have a 3:1 numbers advantage, not the defenders :smile:.  VC is generally balanced so the player will find it very difficult to build and maintain that many elite troops, so this kind of situation probably wasn't accounted for. I'm guessing that's the reason anyway.

The way I managed to maintain that sort of number of troops was by buying a productive enterprise in every town on the map. It was the actual cost of upgrading that was the real pain though.

kraggrim said:
Hmm. So you were part of wessex.
You left Wessex, and invaded Freise, establishing your own kingdom.
You recruited Ciao and Helgi away from Denmark to your own kingdom.
Were you at war with Denmark before or after you recruited them?
Did they exhibit this strange behaviour as soon as you recruited them?
Never noticed anything crazy or buggy about the game so far

Eschaton said:
I started my own Kingdom in Friese as they were literally the most stagnant faction in my game. 1200 days into the game and Friese still hadn't gained or lost any fiefs and rarely went to war.

I did buy a productive enterprise in every single town first though - income of around 15k peningas a week to upkeep your army.

Also building relations with good natured or upstanding lords helps as well before expanding your faction. This gives you a better chance of persuading them to join your faction because they're the least anal about fiefs being given out.
mine was the other way around friese went to war with wesex so many times I became marshal and sent all the lords overseas and raped them BUT didn't take any of their fiefs just weakened them so I could move in later since they also never went to war with anyone other then us took me over 100 days though long ass wars man

I'm thinking about invading Ireland instead of friese because of the save game I'm using as of now, its almost 100 days before I became "decent" as in I had a town, castle and 2 villages making some money becasue I haven't leveled up my elite saxon bodyguards or nobles can't wait  :grin:

Carrion said:
I am playing with a 750 limit, maxed out I can manage to stay about 30 frames. It's damn hard to take on these large forces. I am going to have to  train up my men because they are to low a tier to be effective.

i have what i think is a pretty decent gaming laptop, especially for such an old game (8g ram, 2.5 processor, nvidia dedicated card from 2014) and the game turns into a slide show when i'm in the middle of a battle (looking at the action) with more than 300-400 troops involved. the fps improve once some people die or if i look away from the action. I have lowered most of the settings to minimum ...

harpred said:
Carrion said:

i have what i think is a pretty decent gaming laptop, especially for such an old game (8g ram, 2.5 processor, nvidia dedicated card from 2014) and the game turns into a slide show when i'm in the middle of a battle (looking at the action) with more than 300-400 troops involved. the fps improve once some people die or if i look away from the action. I have lowered most of the settings to minimum ...

i never had much success with laptops for games which i could play fine on my pc. the biggest difference is hardrive, laptops have very slow hard drives and since there are a lot of read/write operations used for memory access, you will always have worse performance.

The way I managed to maintain that sort of number of troops was by buying a productive enterprise in every town on the map. It was the actual cost of upgrading that was the real pain though.

Morale drop, map speed, and food keep my max size to about 300 Top tier Brtons, Angles, and Saxons. Lumbering around the map makes me crazy!!

I am on a i5 3570k overclocked to 4.4ghz, 16 gb of ram, gtx 980, 2 hyper x ssds in raid. I can't imagine gaming on a laptop.

I am finally starting to get my troups upgraded, but honestly with only 3 businesses and 3 fiefs, one castle in northumbrya, it's costly. I must constantly be looking for battles with enemy vassals to maintain 10k + funds. I guess I will open more businesses asap.

yep. had some dungeon fun but couldn't keep going due to reputation drop. Seems nice Christian boys don't torture people in the 9th Century. However, rep loss be damned if I ever get my hands on the over-sexed dickhead who keeps boinking my wife... It's red hot poker time for lover boy...

Back
Top Bottom