best movie ever made

Users who are viewing this thread

Your Avatar gives it away...House of 1000 Corpses,eh?

Red Dragon
Ichi The Killer(Me and my buddies SO LAUGHED when Ichi dived into the room and body parts began flying out of the door.)
Leon
Green Mile (well It was nice)
Nochnoi Dozor(except when these Russians move the damn camera...stop it damnit!)
Godfather 1 2 and 3

Nocnoj Dozor is good. Dnevnoj dozor is worse a bit, but that maybe because I've read the books and it just strays too much from them and is very hard to understand...even for me knowing the books.

Aryndil, read the books. They're very good. Don't expect the action and cool effects from the film though. It's more about morals...characters of people...russians have different mentality and it's portraited very well in the books.

I don't know about that. I've read them all in a week or so....at first it would appear so. But even if the whole setting is way more explained and wider described, it's still more about people, their doings and their thoughts...About fate and that whole sense of being stuff. Good though. Lots of drinking and hanging with friends :smile:

Nochnoi Dozor is very good indeed. Haven't seen Day Watch yet (only out in Russia so far, isn't it?) but I seriously want to.

Jaghatai Khan said:
Amen. Even better (surprising, eh?) is Monty Python's The Life of Brian.

Brian:i can't see with bignose here
Person:Last warning! i'll clobber you good if you call me bignose again
Woman: Brian...
Person:*punches the woman in the face*

i have quite a few seeing as it's hard to choose

1. green mile (a film has never brought me closer to crying)
2. conan the barbarian (the first one, the second sucks)
3. willow (childhood fave watched about 90 times)
4. Hook (neverland has never been more evil or more fun than this film, it is such a good film i've watched it approxamitly (sp?) 75 times )
5. led zeppelin the song remains the same
6. the LOTR series (as ****ed up as the story was in sticking to the original, it was still amazingly good)
7. dances with wolves (a touching film, one i hold dear to)
8. The last of the mohicans (another touching film, the music in this film is rarely surpassed  :wink: )
9. Terminator 2 (awww, Arnie died at the end  :sad: )
10. the dark crystal (watched to much for my own good)
11. monty python and holy grail, monty python and life of brian
12. spaceballs
13. pirates of the carribean (aww c'mon! it's good!)

From my point of view, the best films are the ones that are so ****ed up and difficult to understand that you have to watch them at least twice to get even a tiniest clue of what the hell is going on. So, you have to keep searching the internet on and on to find out everything about it. Unfortunately, they are those poor movies that only run late at night. They are both really bad movies and the best at the same time for me...

Anyway, some examples:
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Knight (omg *****!)

My problaby highest rated favourite: Green Mile. Had me crying.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, the king of comedies, the master of parodies, I give you... SPACEBALLS!
The funniest movie I've seen in my pathetic life. Had me to go right there when I first saw it. I mean it's hella funny! And along with that, a wonderful performance by John Candy. Sadly, I don't remember very much about the plot line, since I last saw it a fairly long time ago.

Radar Operator: I'm having trouble with the radar sir...
Dark Helmet: What's wrong with it?
Radar Operator: I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the sweeps, and I've lost the creeps.
Dark Helmet and Colonel Sandurz: The what, the what and the what?
Radar Operator: You know.. the bleeps... the sweeps... and the creeps.
Dark Helmet: That's not all he's lost.
Radar Operator: Sir. The radar, sir. It appears to be... jammed!
Dark Helmet: Jammed... raspberry. There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry: LONE STARR!

(Playing with his dolls)
Dark Helmet: (in D.H. voice) And now Princess Vespa, I have you in my clutches, to have my wicked way with you, the way I want to.
(in Vespa voice) No, no, go away, I hate you! And yet... I find you strangely attractive.
(in D.H. voice) Of course you do! Druish princesses are often attracted to money and power, and I have both, and you know it!
(in Vespa voice) No, no, leave me alone!
(in D.H. voice) No, kiss me!
(in Vespa voice) No! Stop!
(in D.H. voice) Yes, yes!
(in Vespa voice) Oh, oh, oh! Ohhhh, your helmet is so big!

Colonel Sanders: No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again, sir!!!

Back
Top Bottom