Best Games

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't believe no one mentioned Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War in all of 30 posts.

Rome: Total War has a fun single player but almost no multiplayer. Dawn of War is the exact opposite, with a ****ty single player but a very competitive (if small) multiplayer community. It's a fun, vicious, innovative RTS. Unfortunately the company that makes it has a hard time understanding the basics of balance, but don't all RTS makers? :roll:

Maffia, it had a great plot. and that ending must be one of the best endings I have ever seen in a game.

I can't believe nobody mentioned it yet

Nairagorn said:
SPWW2 (2nd world war version) and SPMBT (main battle tank, modern version) are great freeware games. Very cool, hex and turn based tactical warfare, from small strike forces to army groups.

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

Good sized downloads, but freakin great if you're a tactics nut.

The Camo Group did a good job with the random maps/campaigns and the AI. Just don't pick too powerful a force in SPMBT against an inferior opponent. I tried to play as a unit of Abrams tanks against a North Korea opfor. For my six tanks there were scores and scores of infantry and cheap armor. Waiting for my turn to come around took so long I had to quit after a couple turns. But I've had a ball playing as Red v. Blue (generally balanced orders of battle with mid-low range gear) random campaigns. I set them up in the 70s and imagine the ongoing battles as the operations of a mercenary company.

I tended to favor SP:WaW from Matrix for WWII stuff and designed battles. The base game is still available as free download but the new General's Edition packages additional scenarios and specially designed Megacampaigns (with additional art, maps, background, branching conditions and options for how to proceed) in one place. Probably a lifetime's worth of gaming, certainly so if you get into editing scenarios, for a [edit from cheap to steep - woah, play the free game first and decide if you like it] price.

http://www.steelpanthersworldatwar.com/main.asp

I have to confess I don't play this nearly as much as I used to but it's still my 'go to' game on the laptop when I want to play something.

ALL of the previous and of course Half lfe 2 and thief 3 my favourte at the mo as well as M&B +Rome TW of course :wink:

AT the moment, I'm playing a game that I never thought I'd like, a game that I had seen my brothers/friends play and had always been bored by, maybe because they played with cheats and always won, maybe because I thought it was strictly an arcade game, anyway a game I'd always associated with big screen tvs, drinking beer, smoking xxx, and goofing around with (not that there's anything bad about those things), a game whose setting didn't appeal to the romantic historic side of my nature, that game? GTA: San Andreas! Groan all you like, it's fun. It's a fantastic free-form roleplaying game. I can purchase houses, recruit gang members, go on missions, enjoy the dialogue, smash cars, become a vigilante, ferry taxi passengers, take over enemy gang turf, become a muscled fighter or overweight pimp - I had been a snob because these are gang members and not sea raiders, because they drive Mustangs instead of riding chargers, and use automatic weapons instead of broadswords. If M&B ever approached the free-form gameplay of GTA:SA, then I'd know true gaming bliss. (Now, feel free to post the standard : "GTA: SA? Boring!)

Blackish_sheep said:
GTA is very shallow and childish in my apinoin and im 13. but anyway buy guildwars NOW

Shallow and childish? Come on, you got to be kidding me. Could you explain that? :razz:

And I have Guild Wars too, but I like SA better, I dislike the auto-combat of GW. :smile:

Dude, go old school: M.U.L.E. (if you can find a copy), MOO 2, Master of Magic (that can be had free, but I don't remember where), Pirates!...all great games

If you want to invest in a game you should go for a economic driven MMORPG like Star Wars Galaxies.... 2 expansions n lots of friendly players.... cant b beaten :!:

Blackish_sheep said:
GTA is very shallow and childish in my apinoin and im 13. but anyway buy guildwars NOW

I think that SA is alot deeper and more storydriven than VC and 3.

Whole GTA series went to the sewers after the second game. Anything past GTA 2 is for shallowminded people IMHO, simply cause of the excessive pointless violence. I never mind a bit of such, but overdoing it is just stupid.

Maybe I said it before.

gb-gta1.gif

GTA 1 all the way baby.

Dude, go old school: M.U.L.E. (if you can find a copy), MOO 2, Master of Magic (that can be had free, but I don't remember where), Pirates!...all great games

quoted for truth.

I like a lot of games and most of them have already been mentioned so I'll just point out that my favorite franchise is Castlevania. Symphony of the Night is definitely one of top 10 games, like, ever.

If you liked master of magic (who doesn't), check out Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. It is almost the same game (almost) and it came out like 2 years ago so it looks pretty.

if you like racing games (which is usually not my genre but hey)

I suggest Live For Speed- super realistic driving game jsut try the demo

Rome Total war- which people have said but is one of my favs

Free MMORPG that I currently play (and admin)...

www.thule-online.co.uk

Tiny, cozy community. All it takes is a bit of patience and a bit of getting used to the character developement before enjoying a really fun game.

Feel free to drop by :grin:

Hey Skyrage, I just saw you in the game, so uhh... How do I chat? :razz: The game crashed BTW, overflow error. :neutral:

Guild Wars is my favorite game right now, because I have IRL friends who play it as well and we play with voice chat, it's quite fun.

My all time favorite game(s) would be the baldur's gate series. I've beaten the second one about 8 times.

I used to play the mechwarrior games all the time as well.

Half-life and the second one are both amazing games.

Lhorkan said:
Hey Skyrage, I just saw you in the game, so uhh... How do I chat? :razz: The game crashed BTW, overflow error. :neutral:

Dun worry...problem will be fixed sooner or later heh...requires patience usually to get thro the problems and learn the basics, but once past that, it's fun :p

Saw Naira there for a second by the way lol...came and went like lightning...

Back
Top Bottom